The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not exactly well versed in the situation anymore, but basically the appeal was that Goodell has the power to punish players (however he sees fit) if an "independent" investigation deems it more probable than not that the person did whatever. According to the CBA, he does, so Brady is out of luck regardless of how guilty he may or may not be.
The Well's report became irrelevant in this case long ago, as much of Goodell's basis for Brady's suspension stems from nonsense he made up months after the report.

This ruling actually means that Rodger Goodell can punish any player for anything for any amount of time without any evidence.

Goodell could feasibly give a player a years suspension for having his shoes untied with this new ruling.

Alas most fanbases fail to realize how bad this is for the game because they are too blinded by their hatred for Brady and want to see him punished (even though its been made blatantly clear he did nothing wrong by dozens of people much smarter than Goodell and his cronies)

And the fact that nobody wants to talk about it or acknowledge the NFL's wrongdoing here is a big part of the problem.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
tbh I expect this shit to go up the ladder and ultimately end with Brady still not being suspended

Dunno what everyone is talking about him missing the first four games this season either anyway, if this thing goes all the way to SCOTUS is it really going to be resolved by the beginning of the season?
Basically goodell is a tyrant who gets butthurt when somebody doubts him.
he's basically a smogon mod, except he gets paid 34 million bucks a year

tbh I expect this shit to go up the ladder and ultimately end with Brady still not being suspended

Dunno what everyone is talking about him missing the first four games this season either anyway, if this thing goes all the way to SCOTUS is it really going to be resolved by the beginning of the season?

he's basically a smogon mod, except he gets paid 34 million bucks a year
The Supreme Court won't do anything about it. Brady is pretty much stuck now. Taking it to the SCOTUS is suicide for Tom Brady

Niners picks, ok-eh overall, trading back up in R1 for a guard is meh but I guess that means they either aren't counting on Anthony to unretire or want to trade his bum ass since he "retired" out of nowhere; sure he was a decent guard, but who knows wtf he's capable of now, none of that BS retiring due to injuries crap. The price to move back into R1 was kinda meh as well since they probably could have snagged him or another guard in R2. Feel they should have drafted a QB around R4 as well considering how far Cook and some of the others more touted ones were falling, going into the season with Kap still unresolved totally and with Gabbert as a backup isn't a pretty picture, you'd think Kelly would at least want to draft a QB to his liking though I guess that's why they did trade to get the backup he got in Philly too earlier in the offseason. Either way the 6th rounder they spent on some camp fodder/scout team QB isn't that enticing. In the dream scenario Kap will make peace with the ever stupid duo of York and Baalke and do great in Kelly's system and make himself the clear No. 1 and the defense/offense finally get it together to at least do good. Worst case scenario (which is more likely), another disastrous year sees Baalke finally getting his sorry yesman ass fired (again I've always believed his predecessor Scot McCloughan was the man behind their great draft ensemble no matter how much they try to spin the story to make Baalke seem like he had a more crucial role back then), Kap is cut, Gabbert is brought in on severely reduced salary, and the Niners pick high in the next draft for a QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)