The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Good afternoon all! With the draft upon us, it is time to kick off another fun filled season of Football. Please post all discussion related to the National Football League to this thread. To start us out, we can discuss draft needs and expectations for teams, mocks, etc. Enjoy!

Yay more mock drafts depicting how Marcus Mariota could end up with literally every team in the NFL aside from the Buccaneers. Smh
Also, I know some people might disagree with this, but I feel like the Colts need a RB. Yes, we got Frank Gore and he's good but he's old and will only get through 2 or 3 more seasons. Might be worthwile to invest in young talent. But I feel like DL and OL are more urgent needs. Let's hope they actually try to fix our run defense this year. This is a make or break year for Chuck Pagano.
Just look at how easy this schedule. 13-3 or bust
EDIT: Fuck the image is broken.
Anyway, Super Bowl 50 Colts VS Packers yay or nay?

Last edited:

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I actually hate the draft.

It could be because I'm a patriots fan and literally almost all of our best players in the past 15 years have been overlooked in the draft for various reasons or not even drafted at all, or came from free agency.

Or it could also be because I hate college football and its "analysis" with the fiercest passion.

Only thing to look forward to during the draft is how the draft pick trades go down. Always the most interesting shit.

Jags take Williams if he's there, Fowler if he isn't.

there's an argument to be made for taking Cooper/White, but i don't want them to.

they might trade out, but if Williams is still there i don't want them to.

You get 2 good defensive guys either way so win win imo. Jags look like they may go 8-8 next year. I'm scared to play a Blake Bortles with Julius Thomas. Good luck division rival Jaguars.

Blake Bortles throwing to Julius Thomas. Sounds wholly unimpressive. The Jags don't get no respect from me.

The Giants need to draft the best OL available and if there's nothing there trade up for Cooper. Time to go balls to the wall this season.

Blake Bortles throwing to Julius Thomas. Sounds wholly unimpressive. The Jags don't get no respect from me.
This is ignorant. The Jags suck, this is true. But they're still building around Blake. Julius Thomas was a great weapon to give to the young QB while he develops. Jags might be scary in a few years if they develop Blake more while actually giving a shit about their defense ,in this draft. As a Colts fan, I'm not worried about not winning the division(Though Houston scares me) but I actually have respect for the Jags this upcoming season. Although, another route they can go is grab Amari Cooper or Kevin White so they can get even more weapons. Then again, that defense needs Leonard Williams or Dante Fowler Jr. Either way is an improvement. I expect 8-8 or barely worse.

NY Giants are gonna be vastly improved this season. I expect at least a winning record if not the division(Eagles also seem like they'll win division). Then again, Eli Manning is inconsistent. He's either really good or trash.

Raiders fan here. I'd be happy with Williams if the Jags pass on him, but having Amari Cooper could be pretty exciting. It's rare we actually get successful skill position players through the draft, after all... (obviously the jury is still out on Carr and Murray)

Raiders fan here. I'd be happy with Williams if the Jags pass on him, but having Amari Cooper could be pretty exciting. It's rare we actually get successful skill position players through the draft, after all... (obviously the jury is still out on Carr and Murray)
If one of those two isn't there I hope we trade down and pick up an extra 2nd round at least. Depth is a problem pretty much everywhere right now. Especially in the (lack of) secondary.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Whoever gets Leonard Williams wins the draft. I think he's a better prospect than Clowney was. Since it looks like Winston and Mariota are going to go 1-2 (we're just not sure to which teams), the Jags can take a giant step forward with their rebuilding if they get this guy. He'll be an All-Pro as a rookie IMO.

La'el Collins is an interesting story to watch.

he's being interviewed in relation to the murder of his ex, but he's not a suspect (it is a willing interview, not an investigation). however, since the timing is obviously terrible for him, he's almost certainly not going to be drafted in the 1st round anymore and some teams think he's not going to be drafted at all, on the chance that he was somehow involved.

I feel terrible for him if he ends up not being involved at all, as this timing is going to tarnish his reputation and cost him millions of dollars.

Id like to see the Patriots take Laken Tomlinson or Nelson Algholor at 32, but they'll probably just trade down like they always do.

8-8 is a lofty goal for the Jags this year.

6-10 is my realistic expectation, but with a lot of close games with good teams.

this is hopefully the last time they'll be picking in the top 5 for a long time, so i want them to make it count for the long term and pick the best player in the draft.

which is Williams.

So all the talk of the Titans trading down, Bradford getting flipped in a package, or someone else like the Browns trading up, all for nothing? Can't say I'm surprised.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Why the fuck did the jaguars pass up leonard williams? Fowler is pretty damn good, i'll tell you that, but Williams is special. That is a hall of famer right there. Literally is a better d'line prospect than anybody I've seen in about 10 years and the jags passed on him. ugh

Why the fuck did the jaguars pass up leonard williams? Fowler is pretty damn good, i'll tell you that, but Williams is special. That is a hall of famer right there. Literally is a better d'line prospect than anybody I've seen in about 10 years and the jags passed on him. ugh
This makes me cringe too but I'm happy Andrew Luck doesn't have to deal with him twice this year. Only once(Colts play the NYJ in Week 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)