SM OU Tapu Lele Setup RMT

Introduction

Tapu Lele is one of the most reliable offense Mons in the game. She has very few checks in the OU and her Psychic terrain comboed with her Psychic attacks can make for a devastating kill. Because of this, Tapu Lele can be a force to be reckoned with if you can remove her checks earlier on in the match. That is why I made this team! The design of the team is to remove checks for Lele earlier on, while naturally setting her up to walk in and clean house!
The Team

Magnezone:
Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

When sweeping with Lele, Steel-type Pokes like Celesteela, Magearna, Ferrothorn, Kartana, and Skarmory are the worst threats possible to face and are also by far the most common counters to Tapu Lele in the meta. That's where Magnezone comes in. His ability Magnet Pull acts like an arena trap for opposing steel types, forcing them to fight him. Magnezone's set is designed to quickly exterminate these type of Mons with a massive special attack, access to powerful stab moves, and hp fire. He is designed to win in almost all of those previous matchups. Thunder-type moves easily take out the likes of Celesteela and Skarmory, and Hidden Power fire easily handles both Ferrothorn and Kartana.

Tapu Lele:
Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Tapu Lele is probably one of the easiest sweepers to set up in OU right now. Her typing gives her very little resistance, and her Psychic field preventing priority combined with her high speed makes it very challenging to outspeed her. Running scarf allows her to hit a speed tier where very few Pokemon can go without scarf. This makes her a relatively low maintenance sweeper, and that is why I designed the team around her, because it would give me enough wiggle room to not be reliant on Lele while still being able to set her up pretty easily.

Dugtrio:
Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Sucker Punch

Dugtrio is the final part of the main Lele setup core so to speak. Dugtrio's role in this team is essentially that he can handle all the Pokes Magnezone has a harder time handling. Pokemon like Tapu Koko, Landorus-T, Alola Muk, and Greninja can be dealt with with this set. On top of that, the arena trap ability can allow Dugtrio to serve a secondary job of picking off easy targets with his powerful stab earthquake like Heatran, Manectric, Magnezone, and Magearna. I run Focus Sash because it guarantees one turn in certain macthups which allows me to win against faster Pokes like Greninja.

Tapu Fini:
Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Taunt
- Scald
- Moonblast

I chose Tapu Fini because she is one of the best anti-setup Mons in the game, (something that when done right, can hit this team like a truck) as well as provide extra utility by being a great early game landorus check as well as providing a great non-Lele answer to dragon-types. Her stats combined with her Misty Surge ability create a great Poke for answering setup and stall teams.

Landorus-Therian:
Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Landorus-T is one of the best stealth rock setters in the game. On top of being able to easily set up stealth rocks that end up having a major effect on helping set up. On top of that he provides great utility and scouting power, as well as being very hard to predict due to his varied sets. There is a reason why he is considered one of the best Pokemon in the OU metagame. He provides rocks as well as great utility throughout his kit that is extremely useful for the team.

Celesteela:
Flyinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

Skystrike Celesteela is useful for various roles and gaps in the team that only a Poke like her could fill. There were three major issues I had when I had finished the team. Issue 1: Non-Core Pokes had a major issue with grass. Pokemon like Tapu Bulu would be a force to be reckoned with, Issue 2: We don't have many bulky Pokes, and Issue 3: The team can only snowball with Tapu Lele. These were pretty big issues and suprisingly enough, Skystrike Celesteela can handle all three issues pretty well. Issue 1 is solved easily by an air slash or a skystrike, issue 2 is aided with Celesteela's good overall stats, and issue 3 is handled by Beast Boost automize special snowball.
Import:
Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Sucker Punch

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Taunt
- Scald
- Moonblast

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)