Chat Take Heart and Chloroblast in movesearch

What type of bug are you reporting? Chat

What is the bug?
I noticed the Take Heart move don't show up when using the /ms command.
Even using it with natdex, gen9, or maxgen9 doesn't work.

So there's a possibility of other moves not being picked up by this.
I mentioned moves not being picked up, not Pokémon. I should've been more specific, I'll elaborate.
Searching for flags that certain moves are supposed to have doesn't bring them up.

Using /ms boosts spa,boosts spd doesn't show Take Heart, yet /ms g9,all brings it up.

In a similar vein, Chloroblast isn't shown when I use /ms g9,recoil

Are you able to replicate it? If so, how?
Yes

Using /ms boosts spa,boosts spd doesn't show Take Heart, yet /ms g9,all brings it up.
This is because, unlike Calm Mind, for example, Take Heart doesn't implement its boost from a "boosts" flag. It does so through the onHit function. I do not know the functional differences between the two, so I will leave the fix to somebody else who is sure there's no unintended consequences in changing the implementation.

EDIT: There is a slight difference, though I cannot confirm whether it's intended on-cart behavior. Calm Mind simply states that the stat cannot be raised further, whereas Take Heart additionally states that it failed. Both remain boosted by Stomping Tantrum.

In a similar vein, Chloroblast isn't shown when I use /ms g9,recoil
I thought this was because Chloroblast is technically a bit different than (and thus implemented differently from) Mind Blown and Steel Beam, but those do not display with /ms recoil either. Including mindBlownRecoil as a parameter in recoil movesearch would fix these two for sure. Something else would need to be done for Chloroblast, since adding the mindBlownRecoil flag would just cause the 50% self-damage to be dealt twice. Discussions when Chloroblast was adjusted seemed to indicate that a solution could be to implement Chloroblast in calcRecoilDamage. EDIT: Reviewed, it was already moved to calcRecoilDamage - that's unrelated entirely.

Last edited:

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
With respect to Take Heart, it should appear in the movesearch command for boosts spa and boosts spd, but the question is the implementation detail like fart mentioned. Here's the behavior with Stomping Tantrum in particular:

Take Heart failure conditions
Already at +6, no status - no animation, Sp. Atk won't go higher, Sp. Def won't go higher (150 BP Stomping Tantrum)
Already at +6, with burn - no animation, Sp. Atk won't go higher, Sp. Def won't go higher, burn cured (150 BP Stomping Tantrum)
At +6 in one but not the other, no status - animation, Sp.Atk won't go higher, Sp. Def rose (75 BP Stomping Tantrum)
At +6 in one but not the other, with burn - animation, Sp. Atk won't go higher, Sp. Def rose, burn cured (75 BP Stomping Tantrum)

Chloroblast is also a bit special, where it's like some recoil moves in being Rock Head-negated, but it's also not boosted by Reckless. I'm open to whether or not it should be included in the recoil list in movesearch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)