Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v4 [Volcarona Banned]

Sun is incredibly inconsistent; Raging Bolt is on the radar for the future because it is one of the best overall Pokemon (it is even better on Rain than Sun, it is better on standard offense, etc.). Calling for the archetype to need a ban in the same breath as Rain is tone deaf.
Small note, not only good in rain or sun, but if someone wants to use Galarian Slowking to change the weather, Raging Bolt can take advantage of Weather Ball Ice and have pseudo Bolt-Beam coverage.

Exotic64

MDRRRRRRRR
is a Tiering Contributor
Honestly, I might use Duraludon over it. Duraludon, while not able to pull the same Electro Shot shenanigans, it is however able to pull Heavy Slam with Heavy Metal, and Body Press is still good thanks to access to Eviolite. They’re both just as good Overall, Arch doesn’t need to be banned

gj everybody

Honestly, I might use Duraludon over it. Duraludon, while not able to pull the same Electro Shot shenanigans, it is however able to pull Heavy Slam with Heavy Metal, and Body Press is still good thanks to access to Eviolite. They’re both just as good Overall, Arch doesn’t need to be banned

gj everybody
Duraludon @ Eviolite
Ability: Heavy Metal
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Body Press
- Heavy Slam
- Draco Meteor
- Tera Blast
:P

Honestly, I might use Duraludon over it. Duraludon, while not able to pull the same Electro Shot shenanigans, it is however able to pull Heavy Slam with Heavy Metal, and Body Press is still good thanks to access to Eviolite. They’re both just as good
Overall, Arch doesn’t need to be banned

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Remember when people said it was gonna be RU? Good times.

And now Rain sucks again... which Sun spam is going to happen now.

Gouging Fire is probably next.
Honestly Rain is still not bad its just not as brainless at the moment.

I don't mind Gouging Fire being next but I think I speak for a decent amount of people when I say Raging Bolt is a menace that needs to be on trial.

It'd be interesting to see if now that Archaludon is banned, rain becomes worse and sun becomes more predominant. The latter would benefit GG greatly so...

Either way I don't mind Archaludon leaving, that means 1 less problem for Dnite in the tier :psysly:

Honestly Rain is still not bad its just not as brainless at the moment.

I don't mind Gouging Fire being next but I think I speak for a decent amount of people when I say Raging Bolt is a menace that needs to be on trial.
Maybe it’s just because I played with Ampharos half the time I used Arch Rain, but playing Weather takes quite some navigation (unless you’re playing Sun vs. Stall. Gouging Fire wins all day). Although it is easier with Rain since there’s so many pivot moves. Torkoal needs U-Turn.