SM Ubers Superfriends ~1500

Introduction
After some small success with Xerneas, Marshadow, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys, and Arceus, I wanted to try a more base stat-advantage focused team. Changes made included Mega Mewtwo Y, provides a fearsome speed, great spread, and setup options, and Ultra-Necrozma, for similar reasons.

The Team
Arceus

Horse (Arceus) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multitype
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Great opener, great revenge killer in advantage situations. I would consider running Arceus-Ground here, but I've had rain team woes. Toxic is frequently useful for the opener if they send Kyogre-primal or Xerneas, Rayquaza etc. SR and Defog as a must.

Mewtwo

250 IQ (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Mewtwonite Y
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Psystrike

Total house. If you catch them off guard and get a calm mind off, it can 1hko kyogre. The focus of my team shift, it plants hits that take opponents off guard frequently. Ice Beam hits a lot of major targets, Fire Blast hits Necrozma. Game winner with two calm minds.

Necrozma

Cat (Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 32 Def / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Dragon Pulse

Great stats, great Z user, setup, good spread, good typing. Photon Geyser Z-strike hits hard, and heat wave/dragon pulse provide spread, but can sometimes fall a little short. Calm Mind makes up the difference.

Rayquaza  sprite from X & Y

Snek (Rayquaza) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- V-create
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Ascent

I've been using sash to get off unexpected V-creates, then switch out and get an extreme speed later on, or to bait a setup turn and then dragon ascent. Extreme Speed for finishing off low hp pokes, DDance for momentum.

Xerneas  sprite from X & Y

Deer (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 144 Def / 252 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Aromatherapy

Copy Paste from a much better team, to air it all out there. Armonatherapy is quite nice and gives him a dual role. Thunder lets him revenge kill or switch in on rayquaza. Moonblast does great damage to most pokemon, and takes a chunk out of groudon (and most others) unboosted.

Marshadow

smol ghost boi (Marshadow) @ Marshadium Z
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Spectral Thief
- Endeavor
- Substitute

Ubiquitous and terrifying. Not sure what else could fill this role. Spectral thief to pressure setup users, endeavor for value damage, substitute for setup or to power endeavor. Shadow sneak for Mewtwo, Deoxys, etc.

Threats List

◘ Water Spout
◘ Rain M-Swampert
◘ Ditto sucks
◘ Trick Room

Conclusion
I'm an idiot and I need a lot of help. This is fun to play, though.

Importable

Last edited:

737373elj

Banned deucer.
A little tip: Primal Groudon looks like a huge bane to your team, 2HKOing Ray Ray, Arceus, Mewtwo, Necrozma in Ultra Burst and Xerneas while OHKOing Necrozma DM and Marshadow. A possible recommendation is changing one of your pokes to Groudon-Primal, considering the other changes. With Groudon-P, rain is destroyed for you :)
(Little note: Over here in Ubers, Base Stats are not responsible for a pokemons usage or viability in the meta.)

I would also suggest changing your Arceus’ to Arceus-Ground. That way you have a Groudon killer, and using the support set would still give you Defog/Stealth Rock.
If you still want to go with Arceus normal, I suggest going with an all-out attacker set. Try Extreme Killer.

Hope the suggestions helped :)

A little tip: Primal Groudon looks like a huge bane to your team, 2HKOing Ray Ray, Arceus, Mewtwo, Necrozma in Ultra Burst and Xerneas while OHKOing Necrozma DM and Marshadow. A possible recommendation is changing one of your pokes to Groudon-Primal, considering the other changes. With Groudon-P, rain is destroyed for you :)
(Little note: Over here in Ubers, Base Stats are not responsible for a pokemons usage or viability in the meta.)

I would also suggest changing your Arceus’ to Arceus-Ground. That way you have a Groudon killer, and using the support set would still give you Defog/Stealth Rock.
If you still want to go with Arceus normal, I suggest going with an all-out attacker set. Try Extreme Killer.

Hope the suggestions helped :)
Thank you. I wanted to veer slightly left of Pdon, swap out Necrozma for him? That really would open me up to Arceus-ground, which I would prefer to run.

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Thank you. I wanted to veer slightly left of Pdon, swap out Necrozma for him? That really would open me up to Arceus-ground, which I would prefer to run.
Errr... no. Just realised Necrozma is your only Xerneas killer and ought to have his set changed. Marshadow?

So actually a lot of your Pokemon are weak to Xerneas and that’s not good. Necrozma is your best counter to it and that warrants a set change. Let’s see. If you still want an Ultra try the Ultra Swords Dance set (remember to Ultra Burst only after Xerneas is dead!), else Double Dance works just as well.

Something a little more like this? Thanks a bunch for your help, by the way! Cheers.

Edit: Trying calm mind on arceus-ground instead of SR

https://pokepast.es/d95818dc01bba4c0

250 IQ (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Mewtwonite Y
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Psystrike

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake

Snek (Rayquaza) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Air Lock
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- V-create
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Ascent

Deer (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 144 Def / 252 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Aromatherapy

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 144 HP / 156 Atk / 56 SpD / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Tomb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)