Sunfishy Sprites

Sunfished

fisch
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Welcome to my Sprite Thread!
If you want an Avatar, feel free to PM me! However, I'm currently only accepting Comissions.
Please hit me up in a PM to discuss prices and whatnot

This is a little animated gif of some character I drew.​

I'll do any requests if I feel like I can do it, so feel free to request things!

Last edited:

"my" avatar, the Sungod
Really great trainer-style sprite here. There's a few things that stick out to me, such as the bit of yellow that's poking out from behind the hair flip that seems a little out of place. Also, since it is an OC I can't really say this with much certainty, but the cloud/tails seem a little anatomically odd alongside the robe. On the character's left, the robe seems to arch over the cloud, but on the right, the cloud seems to be more behind the robe than coming from underneath it. Again, I don't know if the intention was to have the clouds behind the character or coming from the robe, but if its the former, the character's left side should more closely match the right's layering, but if the latter is the case, the right should try to match the left. Just a little detail that occurred to me. That said, the sprite is extremely solid otherwise. +)

Sunfished

fisch
Really great trainer-style sprite here. There's a few things that stick out to me, such as the bit of yellow that's poking out from behind the hair flip that seems a little out of place. Also, since it is an OC I can't really say this with much certainty, but the cloud/tails seem a little anatomically odd alongside the robe. On the character's left, the robe seems to arch over the cloud, but on the right, the cloud seems to be more behind the robe than coming from underneath it. Again, I don't know if the intention was to have the clouds behind the character or coming from the robe, but if its the former, the character's left side should more closely match the right's layering, but if the latter is the case, the right should try to match the left. Just a little detail that occurred to me. That said, the sprite is extremely solid otherwise. +)
Oh my, I see what you mean about the clouds. Their supposed to be coming out along the rims of the robe, which sort of looks weird on his right side. I'll fix that up!

Also, the yellow thing sticking out of the antennae part is intentional. There's supposed to be another antennae sticking out, but yellow in color, behind the blue one.

Thanks for the input :D

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Woah, awesome avatars. You are like my go to artist for stuff now lol. Anyways, I was wondering if you would attempt a Grim Reaper avatar, I saw that you were doing some custom ones so just thought I would ask.

(I just found this one today and its pretty cool :o)

Sunfished

fisch
Woah, awesome avatars. You are like my go to artist for stuff now lol. Anyways, I was wondering if you would attempt a Grim Reaper avatar, I saw that you were doing some custom ones so just thought I would ask.

(I just found this one today and its pretty cool :o)
Oh sure! I guess I forgot to say I was open for requests X2

I'll have it done in no more than a few days.

EDIT:
nvm, seems like I had way too much time to spare...

Last edited:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, so I love the way you made it but can you make the sprite cause, "The art style needs to match the art style used for real trainersprites."

If you don't know what I mean ask SolarisFox about it cause he has experience doing it, if its to much work / to hard I understand.

#SolarisFox:he'd want to create a pallet that uses the same luminance contrast drops as the actual trainer sprites, and probably remove some of the texture from the cloth because it's a little busy.
#SolarisFox:I recommend actually making a pallet based on an exisiting trainersprite pallet to compare the number of colors on contrast between each

Last edited:

Sunfished

fisch
Hey, so I love the way you made it but can you make the sprite cause, "The art style needs to match the art style used for real trainersprites."

If you don't know what I mean ask SolarisFox about it cause he has experience doing it, if its to much work / to hard I understand.

#SolarisFox:he'd want to create a pallet that uses the same luminance contrast drops as the actual trainer sprites, and probably remove some of the texture from the cloth because it's a little busy.
#SolarisFox:I recommend actually making a pallet based on an exisiting trainersprite pallet to compare the number of colors on contrast between each
I've taken everything I've discussed with Sol and have came up with this:
and

Sol has commented that the first one is better fit for the pokemon style of avatars, while the second one is my own attempt at making the cloth "wavy".

Feel free to use them, or not. Or comment on anything more to add/adjust!

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
I was wondering if you could do a 'sprite' that has Seibold and Crawdaunt.

Sunfished

fisch
Finished another avatar, albeit with unusual shading and linework

Guilmon's a tad too large, but he's a dinosaur so it's all fine :^)

Sunfished

fisch
Hi, wondering if you take plate requests? I like your art syle in those. n_n
I would be happy to do it! The main quirk, though, is that those were traced over an image, which sorta defeats the whole purpose of "spriting". I made those just to test out the functions of using the pen tool. If your willing to accept that the outcome will be a blatant copy of a picture you provide, I'll be up to do it :P

Just provide an image you want to be "plated" :D

Not bad, not bad at all.

I would like to request an avatar based off what I think my online persona would look like; a black zip-up hoodie with pockets with the hood down, black pants (more like sweatpants than jeans), with both having fairs of neon green - like, on the creases of the pants the hoodie's zipper, etc. Blond hair, blue eyes (because that's how I am IRL, I am NOT a nazi), white skin. If you could get the same feeling with it that you get from looking at, say, N's avatar, I would appreciate it, but it's not necessary.

I don't care when I get it, because I know that from looking at your other avatars, it'll be worth it.

Sunfished

fisch
Not bad, not bad at all.

I would like to request an avatar based off what I think my online persona would look like; a black zip-up hoodie with pockets with the hood down, black pants (more like sweatpants than jeans), with both having fairs of neon green - like, on the creases of the pants the hoodie's zipper, etc. Blond hair, blue eyes (because that's how I am IRL, I am NOT a nazi), white skin. If you could get the same feeling with it that you get from looking at, say, N's avatar, I would appreciate it, but it's not necessary.

I don't care when I get it, because I know that from looking at your other avatars, it'll be worth it.
Oh sure ;)
That should be enough information to get me started!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)