Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
somtime I would like to play monotype but with the UU banlist .unfortunatly this is impossible (exept in tournaments) we could optimize the tier selecting menu and get something like this
sugestion.PNG
here for exemple I am playing Any ability + stabmons move with the RU clause. yes for that one you can actualy ask another player in a chatroom but there is no way to play random monotype

(edit) also I know that there won't be ladder for those that are very specific and that double 1V1 double make no sense but i would still be a great way to deleat double OU/double UU/double...(same with gens)

Last edited:

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While that UI does look quite nice and so easily applying tiers to metas sounds quite fun, my concern is nonstandard two-part ladders like that being really dead.

Being able to hide chat in replays sounds quite convenient.

somtime I would like to play monotype but with the UU banlist .unfortunatly this is impossible (exept in tournaments) we could optimize the tier selecting menu and get something like thisView attachment 101033here for exemple I am playing Any ability + stabmons move with the RU clause
While that UI does look quite nice and so easily applying tiers to metas sounds quite fun, my concern is nonstandard two-part ladders like that being really dead.

Being able to hide chat in replays sounds quite convenient.
I would assume that would be for challenge matches. Not everyone can make a groupchat every time they want to challenge in a different format. Of note, however, rom.psim.us does have a whole bunch of these combination metagames or obscure metagames, and for many of these you can arrange with other players. For instance, you could ask for a monotype uu match in monotype chat, or aaa stabmons in Other Metagames, and you might get someone interested in playing on a side server or in custom game.

I would be in support for a clan system. It would add something new to Showdown, and could create new competitions and Team vs Team friendlies, plus would be relatively easy to implement as far as I can tell.

Other than that, support for Opera Mini would be nice, as especially older Android versions had issues to enter Showdown on Phone (as long as you didn´t decide to use one of the laggy and buggy browsers with flash that supported the desktop version instead of the mobile version).

Is there a way for Showdown to implement the official VGC timer for the VGC 2018 ladder?

I'm assuming that the "don't post metagame suggestions" doesn't apply to this because I'm not suggesting a metagame, but if I need to move this to a different thread let me know.

Is there a way for Showdown to implement the official VGC timer for the VGC 2018 ladder?

I'm assuming that the "don't post metagame suggestions" doesn't apply to this because I'm not suggesting a metagame, but if I need to move this to a different thread let me know.
The problem with implementing the official VGC timer is that showdown's move animations don't match those on cart (and other time consuming things), the timer would therefore not be an accurate representation of the battle timer you would have in game.

I think that a command that would allow users to propose a tie would be useful in niche cases. There are sometimes very long stall games, and occaisonally both players can set aside their innate thirst for delicious ladder points and decide that they don't want to spend the next 14 hours playing a game of mons. Currently, you need to find a leader to come and /forcetie the battle. I think that a command like /proposetie would be helpful for times like this, or maybe some other irregular times in tours. The command should probably have a cooldown time so that players can't spam it. There could be 3 commands: /proposetie, /accepttie, and /denytie. /proposetie should have a 3-5 minute cooldown per user. /accepttie should ask for confirmation and require you to send it twice. I don't think this is very important, but I also don't think it's controversial or hard to implement.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I think that a command that would allow users to propose a tie would be useful in niche cases. There are sometimes very long stall games, and occaisonally both players can set aside their innate thirst for delicious ladder points and decide that they don't want to spend the next 14 hours playing a game of mons. Currently, you need to find a leader to come and /forcetie the battle. I think that a command like /proposetie would be helpful for times like this, or maybe some other irregular times in tours. The command should probably have a cooldown time so that players can't spam it. There could be 3 commands: /proposetie, /accepttie, and /denytie. /proposetie should have a 3-5 minute cooldown per user. /accepttie should ask for confirmation and require you to send it twice. I don't think this is very important, but I also don't think it's controversial or hard to implement.
This idea was rejected before, instead if neither player moves, and the timer hits 0, the game will be a tie.

This idea was rejected before, instead if neither player moves, and the timer hits 0, the game will be a tie.
Why was it rejected? This prevents situations in which both players agree and then one decides to click a move with 5 seconds on the clock and win by timer. I can't think of any potential issues with implementing a feature that speeds up and ensures the tie. There isn't anything to abuse, since both players have to agree and they can do the same thing manually. The issue with agreeing to the manual stallout right now is that both people have to trust that the other won't try to trick them at the last second.

Edit: Paycard blarghlfarghl thought you might enjoy this :]

Last edited:

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I can look into reviving the old code I had for it, but not right now, i'm working on a time-sensetive project.

pants

*dies inconveniently*
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can there be a way to silently punish people so it just appears to staff and the person affected without interrupting the chat?

Can there be a way to silently punish people so it just appears to staff and the person affected without interrupting the chat?
This causes issues with transparency, and letting moderators "censor" messages they don't agree with can be problematic. Additionally, if someone did something that's worth punishing, it's good to let others know not to do that.
While it can have it's advantages (like hiding sensitive information that someone sent by mistake) it's generally not needed.

pants

*dies inconveniently*
This causes issues with transparency, and letting moderators "censor" messages they don't agree with can be problematic. Additionally, if someone did something that's worth punishing, it's good to let others know not to do that.
While it can have it's advantages (like hiding sensitive information that someone sent by mistake) it's generally not needed.
Ah ok i was mostly thinking of like if someone gets banned/blacklisted for doing something not blatantly obvious in the chat, or yeah like hiding information that the rest of the chat doesn't need to know about. Out of curiosity, would the transparency issue be resolved by only allowing room owners/upperstaff to do it, and only for severe punishments such as blacklists?

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Ah ok i was mostly thinking of like if someone gets banned/blacklisted for doing something not blatantly obvious in the chat, or yeah like hiding information that the rest of the chat doesn't need to know about. Out of curiosity, would the transparency issue be resolved by only allowing room owners/upperstaff to do it, and only for severe punishments such as blacklists?
If you use the spoiler tag in reasons when punishing people, it will not show what's in the spoiler tag in chat but it will still be viewable in the modlog. Example: "/m user, bla bla spoiler: 1234" will show up as "user was muted for 7 minutes (bla bla)".

Add back Extreme teir shift or something
I think that is what it was called but I loved this OM of the month and i want play it again C: but its gone ) Im not making this thread 9 essays long so its going to be like this and ez to read

Add back Extreme teir shift or something
I think that is what it was called but I loved this OM of the month and i want play it again C: but its gone ) Im not making this thread 9 essays long so its going to be like this and ez to read
Do not post metagame, tiering, or any non-PS suggestions here.
If you want to suggest OMs there is a proper place in the OM subforum for OM submissions, you can nominate any permissible existing OMs for OMotM when the nominations open near the end of the month, and then you can vote for the one(s) you like

pants

*dies inconveniently*
Suggestion to make cleared text not highlight (and send the highlight notification) if you hl on something in it

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Would it be possible from private room staff to have access to roomlogs without being Global Voice ?

I'm currently Owner of a private room which has ~250 users on during the day with an active cb and eventhough we are using a bot to record the logs, the volume itself and the fact that we need to re-upload everything on hastebin each time we need are a bit annoying. I don't know if it is a tech or a policy problem but I'm just curious to know if it could by improved.

Thanks by advance and have a nice day !

one thing which i think is needed is either no legendary mode which is like anything goes just without legendaries or make a unranked version of anything goes cause im fed up of losing rank because somone diced to fo a full legendary team against my team with 1-0 legendaries, i feel one of or both of them are very necicry as the only way i can enjoy it unranked is i rendoms but i prefer to use my team

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
one thing which i think is needed is either no legendary mode which is like anything goes just without legendaries or make a unranked version of anything goes cause im fed up of losing rank because somone diced to fo a full legendary team against my team with 1-0 legendaries, i feel one of or both of them are very necicry as the only way i can enjoy it unranked is i rendoms but i prefer to use my team
Not gonna happen, don't play AG if you don't want to face legendaries. There's plenty of other tiers available, we don't filter out legendaries as if they were special in their own right, viability dictates over all.
Would it be possible from private room staff to have access to roomlogs without being Global Voice ?

I'm currently Owner of a private room which has ~250 users on during the day with an active cb and eventhough we are using a bot to record the logs, the volume itself and the fact that we need to re-upload everything on hastebin each time we need are a bit annoying. I don't know if it is a tech or a policy problem but I'm just curious to know if it could by improved.

Thanks by advance and have a nice day !
It's restricted to gvoice due to how the log system is set up atm, think once logs are done in the same fashion modlog is now it could be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)