Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
So i got some other meta suggestions. (OU and below unless specified)

First off we have: Past and Present.

Where we merge the battle mechanics from gen1 and the pokemon,moves,and abilities from gen7.

Pokemon such as Regice, Latias, Goodra, and Mantine would be incredibly good.

Then we have Hidden Specialty.

Where depending on the type of your hidden power, you gain that type. (you dont need to have hidden power on your moveset)

Pokemon such as Shedinja,Charizard-Y, Clefable, and Blastoise would be good
OM submissions go Here. By the way, "Hidden Specialty" is already a metagame (edit: that you can vote for as OM of the Month), except it's called Hidden Type.

Not sure if I'm the first person to suggest this, but it would be nice to be able to remove some of your ladder scores from public view (or just making it invisible for yourself). This is relevant because when I type /rank, I get a huge list of tiers that I don't give a Hoothoot about. Instead, it would be nice to be able to select a few of your favorite tiers and make the rest invisible (with the oppertunity to make them visible again ofcourse).
Right?

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Not sure if I'm the first person to suggest this, but it would be nice to be able to remove some of your ladder scores from public view (or just making it invisible for yourself). This is relevant because when I type /rank, I get a huge list of tiers that I don't give a Hoothoot about. Instead, it would be nice to be able to select a few of your favorite tiers and make the rest invisible (with the oppertunity to make them visible again ofcourse).
Right?
This may not be a solution to the problem, but you can do the command /rank [yourusername], [metagame] to only get the ladder score of said metagame pop up.
For example:
Code:
/rank Sondero, gen7ou
Would give:

I agree that it would be much more convenient to be able to make scores from metagames I rarely ever play any more invisible or such, though.

This may not be a solution to the problem, but you can do the command /rank [yourusername], [metagame] to only get the ladder score of said metagame pop up.
For example:
Code:
/rank Sondero, gen7ou
Would give:

I agree that it would be much more convenient to be able to make scores from metagames I rarely ever play any more invisible or such, though.
Typing /rank Koekiekoekje, gen7battlespotsingles is quite a task :(.

Add option to hide all battle timer messages in chat.

First of all, note that most fights "don't speed up" because of the battle timer; people don't regularly spend 150s picking moves. However, typical exchanges with battle timer:

-person starts battle timer at beginning of fight, legitimately, just to get the most out of it. This however annoys the other player.

-person starts battle timer at beginning of fight just to annoy the other player.

-person starts battle timer at beginning of fight for unknown reason. The other person, annoyed, deliberately uses more time just to prove the point that battle timer doesn't speed up fights and for annoying the first player, creating an "annoy the other player" war.

-person wins game through bullsh*t hax. Just to rub it in, they start the battle timer to mock the other player.

-person starts battle timer. Person proceeds to take 45s to pick each move. The other player, who doesn't need the battle timer on, takes 10s to pick each move.

If you don't spend 150s picking moves, which virtually no one ever does, then there's no point in seeing the battle timer at all. You'd still be picking moves at the same pace and never timing out. Instead you have to deal with these stupid mindgames which do nothing but detract from the game, to play it.

almost every 'boost' in base stat of a move is shown (acrobatics boost, steelworker boost, ...) except for the most obvious one: STAB, can't that be shown as a 'boost' in base power too?

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
almost every 'boost' in base stat of a move is shown (acrobatics boost, steelworker boost, ...) except for the most obvious one: STAB, can't that be shown as a 'boost' in base power too?
That's because STAB isn't quite a base power boost: it's a boost in damage dealt. These will give slightly different results:
STAB and normal BP: 0 SpA Victini Searing Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 109-129 (31.9 - 37.8%) -- 91% chance to 3HKO
Not STAB and 1.5x BP: 0 SpA Psychic/Grass Victini Searing Shot (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 108-128 (31.6 - 37.5%) -- 89.6% chance to 3HKO

That's because STAB isn't quite a base power boost: it's a boost in damage dealt. These will give slightly different results:
STAB and normal BP: 0 SpA Victini Searing Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 109-129 (31.9 - 37.8%) -- 91% chance to 3HKO
Not STAB and 1.5x BP: 0 SpA Psychic/Grass Victini Searing Shot (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 108-128 (31.6 - 37.5%) -- 89.6% chance to 3HKO
ah ok thanks for the answer ^^

panpawn

You Can't See Me
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We already have a !roomevents command, but would it be possible to have something similar for projects? Specifically in the Monotype room, we have a lot of projects on the forums that we would like to advertise in a similar format to the one used for events. !projects or !roomprojects would be ideal.
That kind of seems like more of a niche use-case scenario... do you know of any other rooms that would benefit from a roomprojects command?

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
That kind of seems like more of a niche use-case scenario... do you know of any other rooms that would benefit from a roomprojects command?
I was thinking it would be something that all tier-based rooms could use. I'm sure OU, UU, etc all have projects on the forums that could be advertised. Last gen the PU room had a collaborative teambuilding project that they would do in a groupchat and they'd post the results in a thread on the forums. Things like that could be included in roomprojects.

A

Joker fan
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
MatthewN2002 It's been suggested numerous times but PS (at least both the main server and SmogTours) have no plans for clans/pokemon leagues of the sort. Other alternative servers may host them though.

Reactions: Wob
It'd be nice for ROs to have the option to allow mods be able to add/remove from /roomevents. There's not always a guarantee that a RO will be online, while having roommods able to add and remove from /roomevents would be really helpful in terms of management, instead of pestering a RO to get on to add something.

I would like the ability to reorder teams in the teambuilder. As someone who has over 400+ teams (with a ton in Gen 6 UU, OU and prob soon to be SM OU as well), I would like to be able to put my most favorite teams at the top of the list rather than having to delete / maneuver / recreate them in the order I want them. Considering there is already an edit and delete button next to each team, I feel like it wouldn't be too hard to add a reorder button (although I'm not an expert in coding). I'm sure others would appreciate this feature as well

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I would like the ability to reorder teams in the teambuilder. As someone who has over 400+ teams (with a ton in Gen 6 UU, OU and prob soon to be SM OU as well), I would like to be able to put my most favorite teams at the top of the list rather than having to delete / maneuver / recreate them in the order I want them. Considering there is already an edit and delete button next to each team, I feel like it wouldn't be too hard to add a reorder button (although I'm not an expert in coding). I'm sure others would appreciate this feature as well
You can already drag and drop teams to reorder them.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Unless you are global staff or otherwise qualify for a custom avatar, you cannot, although this is probably better suited for the Simple Question Simple Answer thread for the future.

Showdown Suggestions:
  • [Bug] Transform doesn't change stats.
  • I would like to filter out tiers when choosing Pokemon, so for example, if I select OU tier, I don't want it to show restricted tiers such as Illegal, CAP, unreleased, or higher tiers.
  • <Mega> tag
Thanks for considering my ideas.

Last edited:
I would like to filter out tiers when choosing Pokemon, so for example, if I select OU tier, I don't want it to show restricted tiers such as Illegal, CAP, unreleased, or higher tiers.
You can set an OU filter in the teambuilder, just type in "OU" when searching for a Pokemon and click the filter button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)