Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeonic

we got to install microwave ovens
Would it be possible to add the ability to retroactively add alts to a user with a logged ban/bl in a room? It gets somewhat annoying when you want to check something in /sp or /showbl and there are 20 alts of one evader clogging everything up. Also the /blacklistname command doesn't properly add alts sometimes, so being able to easily fix that would be neat.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Change how challenges are laid out so that challenges received aren't identical to challenges sent. Have had too many instances where both my opponent and I have challenged at the same time and either resulted in using the wrong team or even getting two battles up at the same time.

Perhaps something like putting the accept and reject buttons for challenges received above the team while the challenge and cancel buttons for sending challenges remain below the team?

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Hey, I was wondering if it would be possible to make an iOS Pokémon Showdown app.
From the OP of this thread, which is otherwise great to read for common suggestions that others have already suggested before you:
Common suggestions in which the answer is complicated:

- Mobile app (we'll make the web app better and more mobile-app-like, but a real mobile app is not happening)

DYA

not a weeb
is a Community Contributor
Hey, i suggest a private room list that all users can see.
I alredy asked this, but the people respond me that some rooms want to be private. Then i suggest the opcion to the RO to add their room to the list or not.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
Hey, i suggest a private room list that all users can see.
I alredy asked this, but the people respond me that some rooms want to be private. Then i suggest the opcion to the RO to add their room to the list or not.
well, the issue with that is that a list of private rooms really rather defeats the purpose of them being private.

Reactions: DYA

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
well, the issue with that is that a list of private rooms really rather defeats the purpose of them being private.
Well, rooms that wish to remain private can state their desire to remain private or be hidden rooms. I forget what the difference was, but I'm pretty sure they are different things.

Take the Board Games room, for example. If they wanted to be a properly "private" room, then there probably wouldn't be a publicly visible event for them in the News, as we have currently.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Hidden rooms function essentially the same as public rooms, with global ranks and rules still in place in them, and they're often either subrooms to a bigger room or being ran very much alike to a public room. Private rooms are often just private hangouts of friends, where you often can't even join them without being invited there first, so there's not going to be a list of them public to others as they're private for a reason.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
We now have a Suggestions Forum! I skimmed through every post in this thread and moved those with 4 or more likes into their own thread in the new forum, provided it was actually a suggestion, hasn't been done yet, and isn't already on a list of things to be done. This left surprisingly few suggestions, so if your suggestion fits those criteria and wasn't moved, please consider reposting it as a thread in the new forum! And make sure to read the stickied thread first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)