Suggestion: Accessibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been working on an accessible single player Pokemon game for the last few years and it had me thinking - Pokemon Showdown could be made blind accessible fairly easily if some additional key-based functionality was added.

By accessibility I mean that it is blind accessible. In my game, things such as status and stats can be announced to a blind player by pressing various keys. For example, using various keys when the focus is on the pokemon attack menu announce things such as its stats, status or held item. An important thing would also be able to shift focus easily from the browser functionality, to the chat menu, to the actual game itself.

Previous pokemon simulators did have accessibility in the past and quite a few players were blind, it would be nice to be able to introduce Pokemon Showdown to my friends as a competitive alternative that they can play.

I would like to work with the developers on this since I do have some ideas. But yeah, it would help bring a new audience to competitive pokemon battling and I don't think it would be too much work to implement.

I do like the idea, but this post goes in the suggestions thread, as opposed to being a completely new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)