SM OU Starting off on the right foot :D

This is a team that I've been having a great deal of success with, and since I am new to the forums I thought that I'd perhaps start things off on the right foot by sharing it here and hopefully having someone rate it and help me improve it further, however I do believe that it is a solid team even without any changes (I have a feeling that I'm going to be proven wrong.)

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog

Mew serves as my defogger and is my preferred Pokemon to deal with most physical threats, I chose to use the bulky timid set to out speed things such as Landorus and pre Dragon Dance Zygard whilst still being bulky enough to take most physical attacks from threats such as Mega-Pinsir and Mega-Scizor and burn them using Will-0-Wisp. Soft boiled is there for much needed recovery.

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

Landorus is my stealth rock setter, although it may seem controversial since I have a defogger they're actually very useful being able to chip away at enemy Pokemon and therefore potentially turning two hit KO's into a one hit KO. Flyinium Z is equipped to help Landorus get past bulky Pokemon such and Mega-Venusaur or Toxapex, Smack Down coupled with Earthquake is used to be able to help with Pokemon such as Skarmory and Celesteela who would normally be immune to ground type moves.

Mawile-Mega (F) @ Mawilite
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Mega-Mawile is my mega of choice. Mawile is an amazing physical presence with an attack stat of 678 rising to 1356 after only one swords dance, making it a very powerful late game sweeper as well as a great wallbreaker. Fire fang is used on this set to KO things such as Ferrothorn and Celesteela the rest of the set is standard, sucker punch for priority, and play rough as a powerful stab move

Greninja (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam
- Water Shuriken

Ash Greninja is a very powerful Pokemon with speed just shy of the four hundreds and a great special attack stat further boosted by the Choice Specs. Choice Specs Greninja is used to threated pokemon such as Charizard X, Heatran, and other bulky fire or ground types. The set that I am using is fairly standard with Water Shuriken for priority and other coverage moves to maximise the effectiveness of the Choice Specs.

Tangrowth (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Assault vest Tangrowth is being used a lot this gen and for very good reason, this thing is able to tank special attacks very well, whilst also not lacking the physical defence to be able to switch into things such as not Flyinium Z Landorus and Zygard and help weaken them by using Hidden Power Ice. Regenerator is a great ability being able to recover 1/3rd of it's health every time it switches out (this ability has honestly helped me secure a win many, many times.) Earthquake is used on this set to hit Heatran on the switch.

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge

Garchomp is my Revenge killer helping knock out any low health Pokemon towards the end of the game whilst also giving me a reliable (well kind of, stone edge does have a tendency to miss) way to knock out a +1 Volcarona, as the choice scarf allows Garchomp to out speed it and OHKO it. Once again, I believe that I am using a pretty standard set with sone edge for Volcarona, Dragon claw to hit dragons, outrage is there for the same thing, but only when fairies or potential threats to garchomp are off the field, and Earthquake is there as a strong stab move.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

Mawile-Mega (F) @ Mawilite
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Greninja (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Water Shuriken

Tangrowth (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge

I hope that my RMT is up to your standards here at Smogon and thank you very much for taking your time to read through it.

Last edited:
/
>

hey so this team is actually very solid overall, but i feel that Latios / Latias > Garchomp would be a nice swap here as they function similarly to Garchomp in terms being a revenge killer. As of late, I prefer Latias through virtue of Healing Wish and a team like this would appreciate it, but if you value more power Latios is better. Anyhow, the biggest boon they offer is Defog and I'll explain why below. they may not revenge kill Volcarona as great as Garchomp does, but the combination of your scarfer + dual priority in sucker punch and water shuriken shouldn't make it too difficult to deal with.
Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf / Hidden Power Fire
- Defog

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

By fitting Defog onto Lati@s you're able to make room on Mew to run Stealth Rock > Defog. This further allows you to run Swords Dance > Stealth Rock on Landorus-T, which is super helpful for your team since mega mawile can't actually break stall on its own because of dugtrio and lack of knock off to easily break toxapex. You really can't even afford to run it because otherwise magearna can easily use mawile as setup bait or without fire fang and we don't want that. any free turns given to magearna can easily turn the tide of the battle in the opponent's favor.

My final suggestion is spikes > ice beam on ash-greninja. it may seem counterproductive to use spikes while using defog, but your team isn't exactly weak to stealth rock and you're usually resorting to defog when things get too rough (such as the opponent having spikes to toxic spikes in play). spikes amplifies the offensive presence your team exerts greatly while also helping to setup a mega mawile sweep or a possible ash-greninja clean after wearing down the enemy. it may also seem weird to run on a specs set, but you'll be switching greninja around a lot before you're actually set to transform and spikes make that a lot easier.

all in all, i hope these changes help you out. again, very nice team you put together :)

Thank you for your suggestions, after reading through them they really do make sense and seem to benefit the team. I'll be sure to try them out and see how things go. Once again arigatou :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)