SM OU Stakataka Semi-TR Balanced (peaked 1778)

Introduction

One week into USUM, after testing endlessly, I've come to the conclusion that STAKATAKA is the best mon in OU, after Naganadel of course. This thing ain't going anywhere near UU, I'm calling this right now, at most BL. And this is my most recent and most successful team so far in USUM, but it's probably not gonna last that long since Naga's gonna get banned like, next week.

Teambuilding Process

Built around the new edition to OU, Stakataka. Decent resistances for OU too. Also kills everything.

Then we have the necessary Naga check on every team. At first I tried to build Offense so Tar fits more than Tran.

I haven't used Mega Medi in a while, so I wanted to try it out in USUM. It can revenge kill with priority, take out Ferro and soften everything for Stakataka in the back.

Next I put Magearna for another Trick Room user and abuser to further support Stakataka.

Lando-T is here for hazard control, originally with both rocks and Defog. Also if you don't have Lando-T you have a 70% chance to lose every ladder game.

Lastly, I decided to use Naganadel since it's gonna be gone soon. Might as well have fun with it first. Naga gives me Dragon-resistances and a sweeper. I also changed Tar and Mag to Tran and Alo cause previously, the team gets 6-0ed by Scizor.

30 minutes after I posted this RMT, Naganedel got banned so I replaced it with Scarf Koko, a decent replacement as a revenge killer.

The Team

Stakataka @ Rockium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
The star of the team and also pretty much the physical counterpart of Trick Room Magearna. A lone TR attacker can easily surprise the opponent as most Stakataka are found on pure TR teams or normal teams without having TR. Gyro Ball 2HKOs every mon in OU barring bulky Waters like Pex. Stone Edge is a strong secondary STAB, coupled with Rockium Z, can wear down fat stuff like Steela for other mons in the back. The last move can either be EQ or Superpower to hit Steels. I like having Superpower for Ferrothorn so I don't have to catch Leech Seed on something else. The EVs and IVs allows you to get Attack boosts from Beast Boost.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
Next up, I needed a Naganadel check, with 3 options to choose from: AV Tar, Sp.Def Tran and AV Slowking. I chose Tar at first because it's more offensive than the others and can check Naga better. But after getting destroyed by a Mega Sciz I changed it to Heatran, making the team a bit bulkier. Lava Plume is Scald, no explanation needed. Earth Power hits opposing Trans and Pex, Protect stalls out a turn for recovery, and Stealth Rock in the last slot to take pressure off of Lando. EVs are needed to take on Naganadel comfortably with Wish support.

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
Mega Medicham was one of my most hated mon in ORAS OU because it has no switchins outside of Ghosts. And on this team, it gives me offensive support for Stakataka as it can take out Ferrothorn, Celesteela or at least soften them up for later. I chose double STAB and double priority as opposed to BoltBeam since I'm not running Koko for once. HJK into Zen can kill Clefable and Fake Out + BP can take out a weakened Naganadel. Those two were my main focus when choosing moves. I also went with an Adamant nature instead of Jolly for maximum damage output, as well as a possibility of using it in Trick Room against faster mons.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 40 HP / 216 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
While TR Magearna was fun while it lasted, I needed Wish support for Heatran so it can reliably switch into Dragons. Alomomola gives me a fat Water with Scald. Knock Off can also be used over Scald to cripple opposing fat. Toxic wears down offensive threats faster then Scald. EVs capitalize on its already massive HP and increase overall mixed bulk.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Impish Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Now for the mon that noobs will complain about every time, Lando-T. With the prevalence of Sand teams and Trick Room in OU right now, Lando fits right in as a switchin to 80% of physical attacks. As rocks are already on Tran, I chose Lando as my Defogger as it forces a lot of switches. EQ for STAB, HP Ice for opposing Lando and the TECH Sludge Wave cause this team gets 6-0ed by Tapu Bulu. EVs allows it to outspeed Timid Magearna and Adamant Bulu. And since Zygarde is not really a thing anymore, Rocky Helmet is used over Lefties to wear down Mega Lop and Kartana.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
NAGANADEL GOT BANNED. So I replaced it with Scarf Koko. Decent revenge killer, U-turn support for Medicham, Brave Bird to kill Volc. Self-explanatory. Also helps against Mega Pinsir.

Replays
With Heatran + Alomomola:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-664614321
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-664869239

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-665018932 (with Koko)
With Tyranitar + Magearna:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-662199056
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-661716316

Conclusion
Try it out for yourself and give me feedback on this team. The main focus is pressure the opponent with the huge damage output while keeping everything decently healthy. Also be careful around Bulu.

Stakataka @ Rockium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 40 HP / 216 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Impish Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)