Programming Smogon Trade Formatter

The Smogon Trade Formatter is a tool to format your trade thread for the Wifi-forum.

Prerequisites:
The Application:

In the main window you can input the information of the Pokemon like its name or its ability.
In the settings you can for example create your own format, add Profiles, set your input/output language.

Download:
Smogon Formatter

Languages:
Currently the only available Input/Output Languages are English, German, Italian and French. Therefore, I'm still looking for some websites which have the following specific information. The websites should also list the English names.
Ability: Chinese
Move: Korean, Chinese
Name: Spanish

I'm also looking for translators for some exceptions like (Mimikyu-Busted, Arceus-Bug, etc) for Spanish, Korean, Chinese, Japanese.

Therefore, if you want your own language to be added, write me a VM or PM with the webistes or if you're interested to be a translator.

Special Thanks:
  • PsIana: For helping me since I started to program the Smogon Trade Formatter.
  • Max. Optimizer: For helping me with the translations of the French Pokemon name exceptions.
  • Mister57: For helping me with the translations of the Italian Pokemon name exceptions.
  • Zephyrman: For testing the tool.
  • Thanks to the person who made the icons. (https://icons8.com)

Last edited:
Guide:
First of all I recommend you to set your preferences under Settings → Preferences.
Note: The settings are saved on your computer. You can delete them by clicking on File→ Delete Settings in the menu.
  • Format: Here you can change the existing format or one of the empty ones. To create your own format see Own Format.
  • Language: Here you can set the language which you use as an input and the language in which the input should be translated to. Furthermore, the nickname language allows you to set a language which will show you the Pokemon names as suggestions in this specific language.
  • OT/ID Profile: Here you can add new Profiles(OT, ID, game name) or change existing ones.
  • Gender: Add/remove the items which you can choose as gender.
  • Redis Rights: Add/remove the items which you can choose as redis rights.
  • Redis Rights: Add/remove the items which you can choose as note1.
  • Redis Rights: Here you can replace the plus, pentagon and shiny symbol with symbols of your choice.
  • Evs: Here you can change the message which should be displayed when no Evs were inputted. The separator which separates the Evs and the suffixes which are displayed after the Evs.
  • Hidden Power: Here you can change colors of the last part of each Hidden Power. (e.g. Ice → Ice).
  • Miscellaneous: Here you can change if the Pokemon name, nature, ability or move should be displayed in lower cases or upper cases. Furthermore, you can change how much space should be between every Pokemon in the format and also a separator which separates the format of different Pokemon. You can also change the sprites and you can choose the option to select multiple balls.

After setting up your preferences, fill in all the data of the Pokemon. You can use Note1, Note2 and Note3 for information which are not available in the main window, e.g. Hatchlocation, TSV, etc.
Afterwards you can click on the button „Add“ which will add the Pokemon format to a format view. Now you can click the „Open“ button to view the format view, change and copy the format or add more Pokemon to the view.

The inputted information in the previous picture will result in the following format:
(#227 - Skarmory ♂
)

OT: 2132 | ID: 1321
Impish | Sturdy
EVs: UT
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
Moves: Brave Bird, Whirlwind, Stealth Rock, Roost

Own Format:
To create your own format you can add the following expressions: (Caution: You don't need to add IMG tags)
  • #image# -> Pokemon Image (Either Small Sprites or Big Sprites)
  • #name# -> Pokemon Name
  • #dex# -> Pokemon Dex Number
  • #gender# -> Gender of the Pokemon
  • #nature# -> Nature of the Pokemon
  • #ability# -> Ability of the Pokemon
  • #ball# -> Pokeball
  • #shiny# -> Shiny Symbol
  • #symbol# -> Plus or Pentagon symbol
  • #nick# -> Nickname
  • #ot# -> OT
  • #id# -> ID
  • #hpDv# -> Hp Dv
  • #atkDv#-> Hp Dv
  • #defDv#-> Hp Dv
  • #spAtkDv#-> Hp Dv
  • #spDefDv#-> Hp Dv
  • #intDv#-> Hp Dv
  • #evs# -> Pokemon EVs
  • #level# -> Level of the Pokemon
  • #move1# -> First move of the Pokemon
  • #move2# -> Second move of the Pokemon
  • #move3# -> Third move of the Pokemon
  • #move4# -> Forth move of the Pokemon
  • #note1# -> Note 1 of the Pokemon
  • #note2# -> Note 2 of the Pokemon
  • #note3# -> Note 3 of the Pokemon
  • #redis# -> Redis Rights of the Pokemon
  • #separator# -> Separator to separate different Pokemon which were added to the format

A format with all expressions can look like this:
Code:
[CENTER][SIZE=2]#ball##shiny##image##symbol##ball#
##dex# - #name# (German name: #nick#)
Catchlocation: #note2#
OT: #ot# (#id#)
(#gender#) - #nature# - #ability#
IVs: #hpDv#-#atkDv#-#defDv#-#spAtkDv#-#spDefDv#-#intDv# (#note1#)
EVs: #evs# (Lv. #level#)
#move1# - #move2# - #move3# - #move4#
#note3#
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0000][B][B][#redis#][/B][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE]
#separator#
[/CENTER]

Last edited:
The inputted information in the previous picture will result in the following format:
(#227 - Skarmory ♂
)

OT: Steve | ID: 1321
Impish | Sturdy
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
Ev'd: Brave Bird, Whirlwind, Stealth Rock, Roost
{UT}
Just wanted to notify you that instead of saying [Egg] moves, the format says EV'd in front of the moves instead, despite said mon also saying that it's untouched.

I added the Download link for the tool in the first post.

Sorry if it took so long. The tool was already finished at the start of August. So I could have offered the download a while ago.
I just needed to look for a job and a new apartment. And my testers were also way too busy.

If you encounter a bug or have a suggestion on how to improve the tool you can write it in this post or VM/PM me.

In the future there will be a Italian language support and the option to download an .exe file instead of a .jar one. Look forward to this.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)