Smogon Premier League VIII - Week 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlamingVictini

FV - msg on discord FlamingVictini#3784
is a Top Tiering Contributorwon the 16th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Won, gg (yes ik its late).

This is my 1k post so time to have a shoutout party. This game is all about the people and the connections we form with others. Without these people (hopefully I don't forget anyone), I would likely not be playing this game still. Gonna go as chronologically as I can hopefully I dont spend hours writing this.

aim What can I say man, you are truly inspirational. My journey basically all begins with your channel, learning about competitive pokemon, learning about showdown and pokebattle through you, and improving with every video I watched. I played periodically showdown while watching your videos in the BW2 era as a ladder noob, and its hard to think how far I've come since then. Also without pokebattle I would have not played so much mons in such little time and likely my interest would have dropped off, it's really magical how much a youtube channel can change someone's life. And of course you're the reason I was inspired to take up youtube myself and am able to record and upload nowadays, so I can't thank you enough for that. Your also so down to earth and such a nice person its amazing considering how much success you've had. I really appreciate what you do man, you're my hero <3.

fingerscrossed Hey man guessing things have been busy for you and idk if you will even read this, but it was so chill meeting you on pokebattle and then transitioning back to PS in the bof room and all. You've always been super nice and helpful and that really made me comfortable in communities I wasn't used to so thanks so much. Hope life is good to you bro.

PDC Man its been such a long time since I met you on pokebattle, i'm sure you thought I was bad lol but it really made a difference when you were nice to me and encouraged me to sign up for smogon. My first post was when I qualified for OLT 1 and its been a real journey since then. SPL 7 on the Wolfpack was absolutely lit except you choosing teams at the last second on sunday (>_>), but you still killed it in the games so what can I say. Also I can't thank you enough for helping and trying to put me out there for WCOP and SPL, didn't work out two years ago but I probably wasn't ready then anyway, but I really appreciate the gesture. Last year was rough on the tour sides but I think things are back into click for you and you're killing it, stay awesome dude one day you'll have an individual trophy yourself. HMU if you need any physics help <3.

ABR Pokebattle was so lit with you around to play against, we always had the closest battles and it kind of pushed me to improve myself even more, like a friendly rivalry almost. I remember we had this one super close game that came down to a fifty fifty between loom vs your sneak greninja, I think you literally cannot get a game closer than that. Now you're like super duper good at building and playing, even if I think other people exaggerate your abilities a bit. Moreso last SPL, especially after OLT, I personally felt that you became a bit arrogant at that time and we didn't really talk as much as we used to, but you're super duper chill now and still as great as ever at this game, so keep it up man I can see you sweeping the tour scene. We should talk some more too :]

yondie No idea if you'll read this eventually or not but it was cool meeting you on PB and then playing on EAST for you, even if you did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING :P. You rock, gl in real life :)

Stone_Cold The one and only stonecold22. Been a while since you last smashed my offense with rain on pokebattle, of course you also are a useless piece of junk on east :P. If you're not starting in dpp next year i'll riot. Hope life treats you well <3

Nails Pearl I don't think I can thank you two enough. The SPL experience with the Wolfpack is truly something I can't get anywhere else, I learned so much, improved so much, and made so many new friends, it was an absolute blast. You're always there for me when I need it and I can't appreciate you guys enough in words. I wouldn't have even gotten into RU lol so much would be different, you two are the best :]

rozes somehow you suck but you're also amazing :P. Jokes aside you're super funny, nice, helpful, etc. You're also such a sport when everyone jokes about your suggestions going wrong LOL. Stay lit fam and get some sleep <3

SPL 7 pack: Trying to keep this shorter so I'll address you all collectively as a team, it was absolutely wonderful playing SPL with you guys, I really had an absolutely wonderful time it was an experience never like before, and you guys all rock. Go team :]

BKC holy smokes you are actually mindblowing. Mon-wise you are the modern king of old gens oml, you literally carried east on its back and are also probably lifting heavyweights for the raiders (don't steal madoka's attention though, TDK might get jealous). Your band also rocks so hard its like it's studded with heavy metal :P

Stathakis You're such an interesting person and I love talking with you, like about those puzzles and such. There are so many funny memories like "head?" and you're honestly such a cool guy. GL in your pursuits in life and come back to team tours if you have the time n_n

TDK bro fist Tesung Jayde Zamrock -Tsunami- idiotfrommars august Tobes dragonuser OK I realized I was still spending way too much time on this and would never finish so unfortunately I have to dump you all together. Everyone of you is awesome in your own way and the wcop experience with you guys was absolutely amazing. We had so many tense moments together as a team but it was really a journey made special by each one of you. TDK churning out 5 million teams saved our butts (that volc set is SO LIT), john you completely crushed the opposition good lord, and thanks for giving me that chance to play against ben as well. Tesung you rocked it in whichever tier you played that was amazing, also we should play chess more so I can pick up my skill again lol. Jayde you're absolutely killing it in bw keep it up, zamrock you're so chill and you're a workhorse with the scouts and you're also doing really solidly this spl, nice job man. IFM keep holding the door man you're a savior, august you're super chill and good, you too tobes. DU ik things have been rough lately but you putting in the effort is always appreciated, keep your head up. GO EAST!!! :D

Gingy Snowy. Tony Freestylerking Chill Shadow Astamatitos Fear choolio Bad Ass Void hellpowna Sken Fiend The Trap God SamVGC qsns LuckOverSkill Vinc2612 Tokyo Tom Unfortunately I cannot honor CS's request and write a full paragraph for each one of you even though that's what I planned but you all are SO AMAZING, idc if we win or not. Everyone has such amazing personalities and we work so well together and have a great time, its just an absolute joy being on the team with you guys. Gingy your off-the-wall ideas are amazing and you're such a good builder, also your jokes are absolutely hilarious lmao. Snowy you're such a chill dude and I think you're great, a few weeks have been struggles but I can see that fire lit inside of you, you're gonna kill it in the next few weeks man. Tony u are the man no one is better at puns than you and you're so dedicated even though irl has been really busy for you, your spl debut is gonna be lit. FSK ik you're debut game was a little rough and it sucks to let the team down but we chose you for a reason, you're a really awesome dude and you have an amazing talent for building and playing tiers, even those you are barely familiar with, I'm expecting great things from you :). CS what can I say you only get one sentence but man your plays are so hot and you have a desire to win it all, keep crushing 'em man. Asta you truly lead the pack, you're an absolutely amazing person and player, the true alpha wolf of the pack. Fear your ability to win games with 2 pokemon is literally fear-instilling, you are an absolute beast bro. Chools you're a god at predicting teams and you're love for dodrio is impeccable, Bad Ass no matter what certain people may say you're amazing at dpp and you're such a nice, smart, and interesting person as well, ily <3. Void you're also so smart and nice, things took a rough turn after week 1 but you're still so active and helpful and its really commendable that you've stuck with the pack (honestly who wouldn't tho, we are awesome :P). Hellpowna man you are the definition of self-confidence and you are truly inspiring, despite so many struggles you really are a hustler, life is gonna do great things with you man. Sken aka M Dragon alt #756 keep up the good work, you absolutely kill it whenever u win, and Fiend I haven't talked with you much but you're the baby of the wolfpack, ily <3. TTG my man you've really picked up where we left off in ubers and got the ball rolling, soon hax will be considered a necessary handicap to keep the games against you even :P. Sam my lord you absolutely manhandled TFC this week and you're always killing it with some impeccable teams, have fun in Australia bro. Qsns your "super secret" team kind of sucks but at least you're cute :P, ily <3. Luck you picked up the ball in BW and have been smashing it, sometimes your name really shows how true it is but you are still too skilled so I guess we just have to be fair to the other teams sometimes :P. Vinc my fellow baby antelope I always wantd u on the pack and the foolish ruiners were ruined by your departure, hope I can see you play soon as well <3. TTom you're not on the squad anymore and even though things have been rough for you in the past team tours I still think you're a great player and an even better person, your memes are too good lol.

GO WOLFPACK!!! AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion

Little did MoP know that this man would be clinching what's arguably the most important week for the SPL 8 Wifi Wolfpack exactly 10 years after posting that line

GG Sharks
thanks for informing me who my opponent next week is cuz I was thinking who is this guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)