is a Past SPL Champion
Won a really close game vs Lohgock, gg
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-doublesou-116280

[2:34:29 PM] Zach: why have people been bringing
[2:34:30 PM] Zach: zard against me
[2:34:35 PM] Zach: when im historically aight vs zard
[2:34:39 PM] Zach: but im godawful vs TR
[2:34:42 PM] Zach: and people dont bring TR

Cheers on this, good call. Think that game could have gone either way, your preparation was really good ^^

lost, gg Zach. May I steal your team? I really like it :3

Idk how other Doubles-players think about this, but we should really think about a longer timer in dubs. It doesn't help anyone if we don't have time thinking about our moves. Remember that there are twice the mons + twice the animations (skip turn doesn't help as you need to read through twice as much battlelog compared to Singles). Like I said, not sure if all Dubs players feel like this, I wasn't able to think about my possibilites this and last week (for exmample, I could've Willo'd + Protect Tran last turn but didn't have the time to figure out if this is the better option or not).

Anyways, always a pleasure to play you, Zach, hope we meet in San Francisco this year :)

Braverius

snowls
is a Past SPL Champion

Idk how other Doubles-players think about this, but we should really think about a longer timer in dubs. It doesn't help anyone if we don't have time thinking about our moves. Remember that there are twice the mons + twice the animations (skip turn doesn't help as you need to read through twice as much battlelog compared to Singles). Like I said, not sure if all Dubs players feel like this, I wasn't able to think about my possibilites this and last week (for exmample, I could've Willo'd + Protect Tran last turn but didn't have the time to figure out if this is the better option or not).

Anyways, always a pleasure to play you, Zach, hope we meet in San Francisco this year :)
Agree with this to an extent. I think the timer brings into your intuition a bit more, and that intuition is strengthened from a long time playing. But I also think it's too short at the low end for Doubles (when it hits like 20-30 seconds per turn.) There should always be 50-60 seconds per turn regardless of the timer circumstances, then you get "rewarded" with more per turn if you go quicker in the earlier turns, it rewards either good intuition or good play early game. I think the balance in my own mind is found with a slight increase in minimum time per turn, but I think it's still an alright concept.

And yeah hope to see you as well, good luck in the VGC circuit, get that paid trip!

edit: also that's not my team, it's kingofmars', I'm sure he dgf if you take it though

Last edited:

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

Disabling animations really helps, it gives you an extra ~10 seconds per turn of thinking time.

my first impression is that singles has a 300 second timer, vgc has a 45 second timer, and i don't think doubles is inherently so much more complicated than both that we should break precedent for it

that's just my 1st impression tho; the idea should definitely be given more thorough consideration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)