Smogon Grand Slam V - Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's past midnight and I spent several hours getting everything together and up to date, so it's probably full of mistakes, but here are the current Standings!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KAk5I_ifks6vvuQeQdlNxbQ6zGzp-vJ81tjaS9ptMFM/

If you spot a mistake, feel free to VM/PM me. But don't worry too much about it since mistakes at this point won't matter: if for example I forgot your round 1 win, I'll notice it and fix it once your R2 result is reported. It's just hard to have everything right when you update 300 battles in a row ;_;

Will playoffs be a bo7 or a bo5? I know a bo7 may seem like it makes sense, as there are an odd number of metagames currently, but I believe it should be bo5 with two bans.

EVERY player shouldn't be forced to play LC and Doubles for example, the 2 tiers that I imagine most people would neglect. It's silly that people have to play all 7 metagames to perform in playoffs. Imo, lower seed should ban a tier first, then higher seed should ban a tier, and playoffs should be bo5 format.

Not sure if the answer to my question is written in the OP (I skimmed it), but idk if TDs have made a decision yet concerning this o_o

NVMND reread the OP it's literally right there :P

Last edited:

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
So when does the ghosting drama start?
[06:09:420] v*nc2612: hey insanely handsome and intelligent user te*l6, i need some advice on what to do on my current turn in this match in the U* Open, haha can you help me man no worries im a to*rnament director
[06:09:420] teal*: i am simultaneously flattered, yet disgusted that you would ask me for advice as this breaks the rules outlined several times over which prevent unfair advantages in official tournaments
[06:09:420] v*nc2612: haha okay man no worries dont tell on me lol dont even worry about it btw this doesnt influence my decision at all in which i think you're both of a higher average intelligence than most people plus aesthetically pleasing to look at haha.

more to come soon...

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can someone break down the playoffs qualifiers and contenders? Cba etc
I assume the top cut will be 23 or 24. Technically, 22 is still possible, but it's so unlikely that I'll ignore this scenario. 25 is not possible anymore.

Ciele, PDC, DennisEG, me, Rodriblutar and Advantage are secured top 12.
Tricking, Alice Kazumi and Stax could be in with their 23 points each, they can secure it by winning once in their last Open.
Stallion is not in yet, but he still has two shots to win once and reach 24.
Hairy Toenail is not in yet, and has only one last shot to reach 24.
Megazard is one win ahead of reaching 23, so two wins ahead of securing the playoffs.
Ice Tea is also one win ahead of reaching 23, but since the following round would be a round robin finals, he needs to win three Bo3 to secure the playoffs.

Other people who can still reach 24 points: Double01 (needs to win RU Open, currently in semis, two players finals) ; Level 56 (needs to win Ubers Open, currently in semis, round robin finals) ; Omfuga (needs to win NU Open, qualified for the round robin finals) ; sand1234 (needs to win PU Open, currently in semis, round robin finals, would actually reach 25)
Other people who can still reach 23 points: Sacri' (needs to win NU Open, qualified for the round robin finals) ; Hack (needs to win Ubers Open, currently in top 8, round robin finals)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)