SM UU Type Cores (Week #8: Psychic, Fighting, Dark)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Refresh
- Earth Power
- Knock Off

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Defog
My Water type core has Defensive Seismitoad + Offensive Defogger Empoleon

Seismitoad helps versus Electric users that Empoleon might fear like Rotom-W, Mantectric, Raikou and Magneton plus it forces them to not use Volt Switch and stops any sort of momentum. Seismitoad is also a great utility mon that can provide Stealth Rocks or Knock Off items plus it can’t be stopped with Status thanks to Refresh.

Empoleon thanks to Shuca Berry and coverage moves can lure in some threats that Seismitoad might fear, for example: Gliscor, Mamoswine, Nidoking, Krookodile and OHKO them back.

Last edited:

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Hey guys, sorry I had to put this on a little bit of a hiatus, I was kind of busy irl due to some unfortunate events. However, we're back now, and it's the voting phase for Same Type Week!

JonathanXtreme - Terrakion + Mega Aerodactyl
Amane Misa - Latias + Mega Gardevoir
Tera Melos - Klefki + Primarina

Voting will last until late Monday, so be sure to get a vote in soon! Thanks for everyone understanding the break.

JonathanXtreme

It seems the most like a core that would be commonly used as it utilizes the same type restriction as a plus. Each mon wears down the other's checks and threats to create space, the other cores are either a little too passive imo or sadly became illegal after they were posted and can't be used anymore, sorry Amane.

Reserving ZyDog + Suicune + Rotom-W

Suicune @ Psychium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Extrasensory
- Calm Mind
- Whirlpool/Tailwind

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick

Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Toxic

These Pokemon all have similar checks and counters in the form of really bulky Grass types (Amoonguss) and bulky Waters. Suicune is a Chesnaught/Amoonguss lure that is drawn into battle thanks to Rotom-W. ROtom-W hits bulky Waters. This, in the end, opens up a clear path for Zygarde-10%
Personal notes:
- Suicune is lure Suicune for Amoonguss
- Rotom-W is Specs; lures Amoonguss
- Suicune + Rotom-W are wallbreaker + stallbreaker
- Zydog cleans

Last edited:

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
This week we only have one core that was submitted, so let's get a head start on next week! Congratulations to eaglehawk for winning I suppose.

Week #7 is Steel, Fairy, Dragon.

Get your cores in!

Reserving Cobalion / Latias / Primarina. The Hunters Prowl

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z / Steelium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock / Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt / Hidden Power Fire / Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost / Healing Wish

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Sparkling Aria / Hidden Power Electric

Cobalion is the Steel-type of choice as it can beat a plethora of Pokemon both Latias and Primarina struggle with such as Blissey, Mega Beedrill, and Mega Abomasnow. Steelium-Z can be used on Cobalion to break Gliscor and Amoonguss, Rock Polish can also be used over Stealth Rock but generally Stealth Rock provides more utility. Latias, the Dragon-type, can check many Pokemon such as Amoonguss, Mega Manectric, Nidoking, Mantine, Rotom-Wash and Scizor, it can also bring Primarina or Cobalion back to Sweep/Wallbreak. Primarina finishes off this core quite nicely as it checks a lot of trouble some Pokemon such as Terrakion, Hydreigon, Hippowdon, Gliscor, and Mamoswine.

Last edited:

hs

Banned deucer.
reserving Klefki / Sylveon / Hydreigon

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise
- Toxic / Thunder Wave
- Play Rough

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast

As my first mon and Steel-type of the core, I chose Klefki, once it's the best Spikes user in UU metagame, and this helps Hydreigon to spam its STABs more effectively. Its good typing allows it to check a lot of threats, such as Hydreigon, Latias, Altaria-Mega(due to its access to Magnet Rise + Toxic/Twave), and more. Then, I decided to pair it with Sylveon, my Fairy-type, as it provides Wish support, allowing Klefki to stay healthy throughout the game. Sylveon can also take advantage from Klefki's good defensive typing, once Klefki can deal with Mega-Beedrill, that is annoying for Sylveon, and back, Sylveon can check Mega-Manectric, Gliscor and some others for Klefki. To finish the core, I put Hydreigon as the Dragon-type slot, because it stomach Fire-type moves aimed at Klefki, and provides a Ground-immunity. Besides taking advantage from Spikes that Klefki setup on opponent's field, it enjoys the resistances of Klefki and Sylveon to Fairy and Fighting-type moves.

Last edited:
Reserving Doublade (I was tired when I first posted this) Magneton/Altaria-M/Latias

Will add sprites when I find the site again

Sets:
Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Roost

Latias @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

This is a really lazy drag/fairy + mag core that would appreciate being paired with a couple extra mons that help take care of Gliscor + Alolan Muk (or any volt turn mon into muk because that can be an issue). Magneton is there to remove scizor and klefki and "check" primarina as well as offering some momentum into our set up sweepers with a slow-ish U turn. Latias and Altaria pressure offensive checks like Scizor and Cobalion in enough to let magneton do it's job and thus giving them an easier time sweeping. I'm really tired and hope this was somewhat coherent and not poorly explained or made more complicated than it needs to be.

Bonus more interesting balance core that I made after reserving this post:
Kyurem @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 172 SpA / 28 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Toxic

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Last edited:

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Hey guys, we have quite a few submissions this week!

1. Tera Melos (Kommo-o / Primarina / Doublade) (Also, adding you because I forgot to tag you to add description.)
2. ThiccTornadus (Cobalion / Latias / Primarina)
3. Draceius (Magneton / Altaria-M / Latias)

Make sure you get your votes in!

hs

Banned deucer.
Lol, sorry for delaying, even 3 minutes, but my week was quite busy, and only had time to finish my post today.
Anyways, I'm going to vote for ThiccTornadus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)