Fire Resist (Hydreigon) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

This is my take on classic Mega Sharpedo spikes stacking hyper offence. It's pretty straightforward and simple to use like most spikes+sharpedo teams. Lead froslass (generally) and get as many layers as up as possible in order to facilitate sharpedo or scarf hydreigon cleaning late game. Bisharp is obligatory to put pressure on hazard removers, and I'm obviously running swords dance because it synergizes nicely with Sharpedo (being able to break down dark resists, mainly keldeo and cobalion who lack recovery). I'm running sub+fightinium-z Gengar to act as a spinblocker and also sub is really nice against forced switches (you can generally pick up a kill if you get a free sub). I really like fightinium-z to nuke shit like Scizor, Keldeo, and other decently bulky mons while also hitting dark types without having to rely on focus blast. Shuca cobalion is here to provide an emergency answer to mega aerodactyl and scarf krook which are really hard to handle otherwise. Scarf Hydreigon provides the team with a ground immunity and some speed control.

I've been away from Pokemon for a while so I'm only around 1550 on the ladder, but this team has been a lot of fun to use. I do struggle a bit with Gliscor and bulky SD Scizor (luckily this set is less common), so I'm considering running HP Ice>Sub on Gengar and SD>Volt Switch on Cobalion, so I'll slash those in the pastebin. If you're looking for a team to get some quick ladder games in, give this a try! :)

Last edited:

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello

Mew @ Focus Sash
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Taunt
- Explosion

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room

Cresselia @ Mind Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lunar Dance
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

There are currently no sample teams so I figured it won't be bad if I contribute my own.

This is my go-to laddering team, which proved itself many times to be consistent and really successful. The team has a great matchup against the majority of the teams nowadays and is really easy and fun to use. As you can obviously see, it has a rather overlooked element, Trick Room. A well built and played Trick Room team is really dangerous to play against.

I think that the team should be added to the archive because of obvious reasons - it's consistent, successful (in the ladder and tournaments) and easy to use and because of a less obvious reason - it encourages players to play and think outside the box, not to be a robot that uses mainstream strategies all the time.

You wanna lead Mew most of the time, as it can get up Stealth Rock, Trick Room, Explosion and Taunt. You can call it "a poor man's Azelf" but it just works better on this specific archetype that Azelf does. Crawdaunt + Bisharp is a great core, weakening each other's counters so you wanna send them out after Mew faints to punch holes in the opponent's team. Cresselia is sent out mid-game to either set up trick room again and/or provide Lunar Dance support. Offensive Cresselia is also a surprising wallbreak that nobody expects. Reuniclus and Cobalion should be sent out late-game, especially Cobalion, as it works perfect with the dark spam core and cleans many games.

The team has peaked #2 with 85.6% GXE. I made a new account to test this newer version of the team, currently #42 with 31W-1L (low ladder is dangerous) and 86.1% GXE.

On another note, I think that adding pif's stall team to the archive is a great idea, if she agrees to of course. Her stall team has proven itself to be one of the best out there, if not the best.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
upload_2017-5-28_21-23-7.png

Importable team here: http://pokepast.es/cf5a988333424e75

This is the most recent one of my main 6 stall teams I use to ladder with; I thought I would share it would you all because it's definitely above average for a stall team while still following the normal rules of stall. And as a secondary purpose, I would like feedback, particularly on the weaknesses I will mention below.

This stall team's purpose in terms of metagame development is to deal with recent trends like CM Latias, Terrakion, Flame Orb Conkeldurr, Z Talonflame and Z Venomoth without Clefable which I assume is leaving soon. And of course, like all stall teams, I aim to counter at least 90-95% of the metagame while providing high quality utility moves like Heal Bell and Defog.

The core, in my opinion, is Blissey, Quagsire, and Tangela as the three of them combined can take on the vast majority of the metagame. the rest of the team provides goodies like Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes, hazard control and counters to remaining threats like CM Chandelure (Tentacruel) and Flame Orb Conkeldurr (Togekiss).

While it is a standard stall team, my team does have a few quirks that make it better than average. First of all, Tangela and Steelix are pretty uncommon walls but work well on this team because they counter almost unwallable threats. Tangela beats Crawdaunt and can switch in on Bewear while Steelix beats almost all variants of CM Latias and is great at blocking Volt-Turn teams with Quagsire. Additionally, I am able to fit both Defog and Rapid Spin on the team so I have very strong hazard control which gives me a better than average match up against Spikes stacking teams, which is usually seen as favorable against stall. Lastly, my team goes above and beyond with quality extra utility roles with Leech Seed, Knock Off and Regenerator on Tangela, Roar on Steelix, and Toxic Spikes and Haze on Tentacruel. Toxic Spikes, Knock Off, and strong hazard control means I often have favorable matchups against opposing stall. Roar, Haze, Unaware and Leech Seed mean set up sweepers which are traditionally the biggest threat to stall are often easily neutralized. And being able to fit two Toxic users means I can force my opponent into unpleasant or losing positions frequently.

The take away is that my stall team is good not because it creates some new type of logic or improvisation on stall, rather it just carefully follows an established playstyle and gets as many benefits as possible from the playstyle.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-582181651 An early version of the team that revealed some weakness to Latias (if opponent played better, he proably should have won with favorable matchup.) I rearranged some of the utility moves and added Steelix over Alomomola and Toxic over Curse Quagsire.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-582650970 The team as is preying on some mistakes my opponent makes in order to get a very large advantage after their hazard control is neutralized.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-582927757 This replays demonstrates what happens when you are unprepared for stall and have no good wallbreakers.

Normally I post more replays with a few of my losses but nobody seems to have saved any of those. I'll be sure to edit this within the week to post more replays including losses.

A couple more edited in replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-585839197
Obviously my opponent uses a questionable team but their play is pretty accurate and it demonstrates a good way to keep pressure on my team while keeping his own healthy (for example Knocking Off Blissey while never letting Empoleon getting Knocked Off)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-585388323
Higher quality in terms of opponent's team, demonstrates same idea of high pressure

While I have checks to everything in UU, some combinations, strategies and even individual Pokemon are still troubling. A non-exhaustive list includes:
  • Haxorus, especially SD, is a well known stallbreaker
  • NP Togekiss can potentially flinch down Steelix
  • CB Scizor, nothing can appreciate taking a move if wrong prediction plus it can trap Blissey and even Tentacruel
  • Mew, it has too many sets to reliably counter although Toxic messes with all of them
  • Celebi is a little like Mew with some obvious differences (no Taunt, Natural Cure, no Psyshock)
  • CM Keldeo
  • Superpower Nidoking
  • Pursuit + anything that I need Blissey for (Primarina is a good example)
  • Sun teams and abusers, shockingly NP Ninetales is a big threat as is Specs Charizard in sun and Growth Venusaur to a lesser extent
  • Hyper offense, which generally is supposed to have a favorable matchup versus stall anyways if history from fourth gen means anything
I would appreciate if any short comments are directed to my VM as to not clutter the thread though I suppose longer discussions belong here.

Last edited:
Okay Guys so we have new usage lists aka new teams will be built: And I made some aids also known as Stall. tl;dr here are the hastebins:

https://hastebin.com/ziriboguje.diff (1)
https://hastebin.com/qawalibuqi.diff (2)
https://hastebin.com/uwalozafox.diff (3)

Shout outs to PlayerW17 on which these teams are based of!

Now let's check out the teammembers for each team the first one (1) :

https://hastebin.com/ziriboguje.diff

1.PNG

It tanks common mons attacks like Celebi, Kroko, M-Aero, Water types, Raikou, Cobalion etc. and mainly deals damage trough Toxic and SR while healing off with dual Regen or Recovery moves. But it has a huge problem with Buzzwoles, so I came up with something else: a ghost type so i made two versions of it, the one team with Cofagrius, which can support with T-Spikes and the other one with Dusclops which can take hits better, as long as it has its Eviolite:

So here the second Version (2):

https://hastebin.com/qawalibuqi.diff

2.PNG

And here the third version (3):

https://hastebin.com/uwalozafox.diff

3.PNG

Enjoy, or probably don't enjoy :)

6ft Torbjorn

formerly JoycapJoshST
MEDIC!
pidgeot-mega.gif
Gastrodon-East_XY.gif
raikou.gif
conkeldurr.gif
hoopa.gif
forretress.gif

tumblr_inline_mnkn7fMx6y1qz4rgp.gif

Archimedes (Pidgeot-Mega) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Roost

LIMBS GROW BACK! (Gastrodon-East) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 8 SpA / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Memento
- Recover

Ubercharge (Raikou) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Bonkeldurr (Conkeldurr) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Facade
- Knock Off

Sound Of Progress (Hoopa) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Mercy Nut (Forretress) @ Red Card
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 240 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin

Focus of the team:

In its essence, the team is your standard VoltTurn BO with Pidgeot-M and Scarf Raikou... with a little twist to it. As you can see, I have a defensive backbone of Gastrodon and Forretress, the former of which is carrying Z-Memento. With this, I can support the team and heal one of my attackers should I see an opportunity to clean. Opponents flying resist on the blink? I can res Pidgeot and win. What's that? You don't have a volt blocker? Try and tame this Raikou! Blissey is crippled? Hoopa goes to town. That's the focus you should aim for with this team, and is its playstyle in a nutshell.

That, and the offensive nature of the team is a reflection of TF2's take on Medic's... profession, if you will. Just a fun fact, I guess.

Teambuilding Process:

018-m.png
423e.png
205.png

This was the initial core I started out with, MPidgeot + the defensive backbone seen above. The set used on Mega Pidgeot is the standard 2 attacks Uturn Roost set, and could use some passive things to soften it's counters. Gastrodon was chosen as the best user of Z-Memento I could find, and it's Grass weakness was covered by MPidgeot and Forretress. Speaking of Forre', it was chosen as the best rocker and spinner I could see for a team such as this, and had been on my mind for a while - so I wanted to try it. Red Card is it's item for phasing and punishing setup sweepers (chip not withstanding), Toxic to wear down certain bulky threats such as Hippowdon, Swampert and MAero, and Gyro Ball as it's main STAB.

018-m.png
423e.png
205.png
243.png

At this point, a scarfer was appreciated (sod off DD) alongside a win con that appreciated bulky grasses gone. With this, Raikou was chosen, and it has not dissapointed. 115 / 115 SpA and Speed is nothing to scoff at, with lavish options, and is VERY hard to put down late game. TBolt/Volt Switch are my main STABs (one for momentum), HP Ice executes Flygon / Zydoge / MScept and others, and Shadow Ball hits a lot more then one might think - chunking off Latias, Celebi, Doublade and of course - SHEDNINJA.

In all seriousness, Raikou is a scarf sort-of wincon that needs no introduction.

018-m.png
423e.png
205.png
243.png
534.png
720.png

After this, I was lacking Physical attackers. Similar to Forretress, Conkeldurr was something I was looking to use for a while as well as suiting the derpy nature of TF2 and so, joined the team. Initially, I was going to use Iron Fist CB with BoltBeam coverage, but after talks with colleagues on a friend discord, I was recommended to use Guts + Flame Orb with Facade (or EQ works too in this slot, I guess). Whichever way, Conk' has worked like a charm as a bulky attacker, covering for the weaknesses of various Steel types such as Magneton; Registeel and Empoleon. Drain Punch has basically no neutral switchins while supplying superb sustain in spite of the Flame Orb chip, Knock Off to read switches, Ice Punch for coverage and Facade to complement Flame Orb (though I do plan to try EQ at a later date).

And now... that all coveted final team slot. In my head, I still needed a physical attacker, but I was also planning to use Gengar as a member (before it moved up to OU cue sad violin). As Ghost, Bug and Dark types were covered quite comfortably by the rest of the team, a Psychic and/or Ghost type was a safe bet, all the while spooking off the teams lack of a direct offensive answer to other Psychics (pun sort of intended). I mention Psychics as I noticed... there weren't really many (if any) good physically offensive ghosts to speak of, and it sprung to mind how Psyshock, hitting on the physical side, could cover for this slot. All of this consider, Hoopa-C was my best choice at this point. Initially a CM wincon, but recently changed to TrickSpecs, Hoopa serves as an great little spinblocker, all the while utilizing Specs to holepunch or Trick to cripple supports like Hippowdon or Blissey (the latter being an iffy job for this team otherwise). Despite being RU, H-C has been a riot to use, and after the Gengar leave, is something I recommend to many players.

I need healing replays:

Role Reminder (note form):

Main attackers:
pidgeot-mega.gif

• Main fast special attacker.
  • Glue.
  • Uturn which, along with Raikou, can VoltTurn.
  • Has sustain for stallbreaking.
conkeldurr.gif

• Main physical attacker.
  • Checks Rock/Ice types for Mega Pidgeot.
  • Knock Off to punish switches.

Secondary (choiced) attackers:
raikou.gif

• Supplies VoltTurn alongside Mega Pidgeot.
  • Main choiced user (Scarf, because f**k DD).
  • Closest thing to a wincon on the team, and main form of cleanup.
hoopa.gif

• Spinblocker.
  • Specs holepunch.
  • Can cripple walls / support / SR leads etc.
  • Complement for the teams weakness spread.

Defensive backbone:

Gastrodon-East_XY.gif

• Z-Memento support
  • Can spread Scald burns
  • Mixed wall
forretress.gif

• Hazard Control
  • SR setter
  • Toxic spreader
  • Red Card + Gyro Ball to punish various forms of setup.
Threatlist:

sylveon.png
sylveon (1).png

Sylveon:
Yeah, this is by far and away the biggest threat to the team. Wish + Protect coming from a typing that checks Conkeldurr is one giant recipe for this teams' demise. Also Specs (as rare as it is) has no real switchins on this team to begin with, making Trick Hoopa a risky ploy.

blissey.png
blissey (1).png

Blissey:
See above, but with none of the offensive presence. If I let Conk' get low, I'll have to book a meeting with the X button (as 255 HP; 135 Sp.Def is borderline impossible for this team to break otherwise). It might just be me and other versions of the team, though.

primarina.png
primarina (1).png

Primarina:
Similar to Sylveon, Primarina has the ability to wallbreak through extremely powerful Fairy STAB - with competent special bulk (mainly Specs, from my experience). While having none of the support, Water STAB complements its offensive treat to my team. Basically, if the fact that Moonblast can 2HKO Volcanion after Rocks wasn't enough evidence... I don't know what else to tell you all.

honchkrow (1).png
honchkrow.png

Honchkrow:
I've only had one run-in with this thing, and I kinda got out lucky. Moxie, along with Dark/Flying STAB, makes this thing a right pain in the gutter to deal with - and with it's main swithins weakened (at a push, Raikou / Forre'), it's almost impossible to stop this thing finding a +1 from Moxie. Raikou can beat it 1v1, but that's the most comfortable I feel vs this crow, and alas I have to be careful of +1 SP. I might find this thing less of a pain in the future, but for now... it scares me.

And that's all! Feedback is appreciated, and I hope this becomes well received.

plz don't ban me... :(

Last edited:

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpA
Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- Flare Blitz

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Poison Jab
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Lunge

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Avalanche
- Stealth Rock

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

With the recent meta changes, here is a balanced team that has been fully adapted to suit the new UU metagame. This team has carried me to 1712 on the UU Ladder (6th) so far and is relatively easy to use. The premise is quite straightforward. Blissey absorbs all the special attacks and Buzzwole/Jellicent absorbs all the physical attacks. Blissey is also able to take a lot of physical attacks due to my EV spread, you can expect it to win in a 1v1 matchup against M-Aerodactyl. It is mandatory to use Protect to scout against opposing Trick users, Protect also allows Blissey to shut down many Scarfers and Banders, who try to pull a U-Turn. I run 84 SpA EVs and Fireblast on Blissey to OHKO Scizor, Forretress and dent Cobalion switch-ins. It is also great for Sun teams, against Venusaurs and Shiftrys who try to setup in your face.

Buzzwole is my physical wall and does a great job at walling most physical threats. Furthermore, due to the introduction of Buzzwole, M-Swampert, M-Beedrill and Mamoswine, I have also added Jellicent to my team to further check these threats. Jellicent also fulfills the role of a Stallbreaker, the speed EVs allow it to outrun Mantine and other base 70s. Hex has proven to be superior than Scald after some degree of testing.

Swampert fulfills the role of the Lead. Mega-Swampert generally hits most Pokemon extremely hard and can also reliably set up Stealth Rocks with its great overall bulk. Against opposing Azelf, you may opt not to Mega-Evolve to protect against their Explosion with Damp. I run Avalanche, as that will allow you to OHKO opposing Togekiss, Hydreigon and Pidgeots. The EVs are optimised for maximum damage output and reasonable bulk, with no investment in Speed as it is generally unnecessary. Scizor fulfills the role of a revenge killer and is great for trapping / weakening opposing Pokemon.. It also acts as a great check to multiple threats such as opposing M-Aerodactyls, Togekiss and Terrakions. Infernape acts as a Wall-breaker and a Banded Flare Blitz / Close Combat does a huge amount of damage to almost everything. I have also started running Thunderpunch to nail Tentacruel, Slowbro and other Bulky waters. Thunderpunch is boosted by Iron Fist to 90 BP. CB Iron Fist - Mach Punch is also great for finishing off enemies, and allows this team to deal with powerful and fast attackers such as Mega-Sharpedo, M-Absol etc..

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-595837120 vs Bob the Bro
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-595667275 vs Christo
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-592921388 vs Sacri
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-594594247 vs Sacri (2)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-593122592 vs PIF

Last edited:

daunt vs

Of Course You Won't
is a Tiering Contributor
Cookes is better acrobatics the power drop is little and if they knock off poison orb you get a 110 base power STAB without drawbacks

Cookes is better acrobatics the power drop is little and if they knock off poison orb you get a 110 base power STAB without drawbacks
Yeah you have a fair point. It's situational but it probably is better than Aerial Ace, I'll edit my post.

Brobat (Crobat) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Roost

Evil (Blissey) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 84 SpA / 172 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Fire Blast

Swampert-Mega (Swampert) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

<insert pokemon here> answer (Forretress) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch

Not-Mega (Sceptile-Mega) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed

Crommo-o (Kommo-o) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Thanks cookees for the Blissey spread. It was absolutely evil!

Here's another BO team for the meta game. Despite the large shift in the meta, the defensive core of Blissey, Swampert, and Forretress has largely remained intact.
Blissey has undergone a notable change with the addition of Fire Blast which hits common steel-type switch ins like Scizor, Forretress and Cobalion. 84 EV in SPA is for OHKOing Scizor and maximum DEF investment is given since Blissey already has stellar special bulk and HP. Wish/Protect is for scouting for trick and choice locked mons.
Swampert and Forretress has pretty standard builds. You can switch gyro ball for toxic if you like, but I just haven't had much luck with toxic due to all the brand new poison resistant mons running around in the meta (Muk, Mega-Beedrill, Subwole, Mega-Stellix).
Speaking of the meta, Crobat is insanely anti-meta at the moment due to infiltrator and brave bird which OHKOs most forms of Buzzwoles. Plus Crobat naturally checks Mega-Beedrill. Crobat is something like a wall-breaker of this team. The combination of taunt, toxic, and roost allows it to beat Blissey/Alomola/Amoongus one-on-one. Often times, it doesn't even mind getting burnt but if it weren't STAB brave bird is insanely hard to switch into. 216 Speed allow it to outspeed specs Swellow and maximum HP investment is given with the rest put into ATK to increase the damage of Brave Bird.
Mega-Sceptile is the revenge killer of the team as well as the water, electric-type attack absorber. It can come in on a predicted switch against +1 SPE Xuritree easily and revenge kill with leaf storm but just be careful of HP ice and Z-Hypnosis variants, always scout for these moves with Blissey. Leech seed is picked over focus blast/giga drain because you'll be clicking dragon pulse/leaf storm most of the time and leech seed makes it difficult for opposing switch ins to stay in.
Crommo-o (Kommo-o) is Suicune but with better resistances and attacking move. It is picked over suicune because of the large amounts of Raikous, Xurkitree, Mega-Sceptiles, Crawdaunts running around in the meta which sometimes makes it's reliability suffer. At worst, it is a phazer against dangerous setup mons but often times, it hard carries the game once the opposing fairy mon is gone.

Overall the team is super solid and easy to use, I highly recommend giving it a shot.

Last edited:

Lixx

Banned deucer.

Blissey @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpA
Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Infernape @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

Jellicent @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

With the recent meta changes, here is a balanced team that has been fully adapted to suit the new UU metagame. This team has carried me to 1639 on the UU Ladder so far and is relatively easy to use. The premise is quite straightforward. Blissey absorbs all the special attacks and Gliscor/Jellicent absorbs all the physical attacks. Blissey is also able to take a lot of physical attacks due to my EV spread, you can expect it to win in a 1v1 matchup against M-Aerodactyl. It is mandatory to use Protect to scout against opposing Trick users, Protect also allows Blissey to shut down many Scarfers and Banders, who try to pull a U-Turn. I run 84 SpA EVs and Fireblast on Blissey to OHKO Scizor, Forretress and dent Cobalion switch-ins. It is also great for Sun teams, against Venusaurs and Shiftrys who try to setup in your face.

Gliscor is my physical wall and does a great job at walling most physical threats. I have recently started running Acrobatics, since Buzzwole has become quite a common threat and switch-in to Gliscor. Furthermore, due to the introduction of Buzzwole, M-Swampert, M-Beedrill and Mamoswine, I have also added Jellicent to my team to further check these threats. Jellicent also fulfills the role of a Stallbreaker, the speed EVs allow it to outrun Mantine and other base 70s. Hex has proven to be superior than Scald after some degree of testing.

Swampert fulfills the role of the Lead. Mega-Swampert generally hits most Pokemon extremely hard and can also reliably set up Stealth Rocks with its great overall bulk. Against opposing Azelf, you may opt not to Mega-Evolve to protect against their Explosion with Damp. Alternatively, you can swap Ice-Punch with Superpower to guarantee OHKOs against opposing Crawdaunts and Hydreigons, but it is often too situational and you lose coverage against Grass type switch-ins. The EVs are optimised for maximum damage output and reasonable bulk, with no investment in Speed as it is generally unnecessary. Scizor fulfills the role of a revenge killer and is great for trapping / weakening opposing Pokemon.. It also acts as a great check to multiple threats such as opposing M-Aerodactyls, Togekiss and Terrakions. Infernape acts as a Wall-breaker and a Banded Flare Blitz / Close Combat does a huge amount of damage. CB Iron Fist - Mach Punch is also great for finishing off enemies, and allows this team to deal with powerful attackers such as Mega-Sharpedo.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-589413277 vs Aquadext
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=00025698360459334533 with Xurkitree
84 SpA Blissey Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 136 SpD Scizor: 288-340 (83.9 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

your spread doesn't even ohko bulky scizor

84 SpA Blissey Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 136 SpD Scizor: 288-340 (83.9 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

your spread doesn't even ohko bulky scizor
70% chance to OHKO with Stealth Rock. If you want to OHKO without Stealth Rock, then that would require a lot more investment.

Last edited:

SPACE FORCE meeps

LAW & ORDER!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
ok so i was requested to post something here lol

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Aurora Veil
- Moonblast
- Encore

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Krookodile @ Eject Button
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 112 HP / 144 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 240 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Substitute

Swampert @ Swampertite
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Power-Up Punch
- Rain Dance

Latias @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Calm Mind
- Roost

best alolatales team ever created, i used this team on ladder when mewnium z was legal, but made some adjustments for current meta (mega swampert over mega sharpedo and latias over mew). main premise of the team is using the first three pokemon as support for the last three to potentially sweep. ninetales-alola is quite effective at setting up aurora veil for support, particularly in combination with my krook which has eject button (read more about my krook set in the creative sets thread). it's also not a deadweight in denting other pokemon to help support sweeping, given access to powerful STAB attacks and good offensive typing. magneton is good for trapping most steel-types, particularly klefki, scizor, forretress and empoleon. all of these steel-types are capable of applying pressure to prevent hawlucha and latias from sweeping (klefki can beat latias and paralyze hawlucha, scizor can potentially revenge kill with bullet punch, forretress beats hawlucha 1v1 if it has gyro ball, empoleon walls latias). krookodile as i've mentioned you can read more how if functions in my creative sets post about the set, but overall it makes setting up aurora veil and trapping steel-types a lot easier with eject button's utility, and of course, rocks and knock off support are greatly appreciated as well.

onto the sweepers: hawlucha's sweeping ability is extremely ridiculous now, especially with clefable out of the tier now. with aurora veil, a number of bulkier pokemon aren't even capable of breaking hawlucha's substitutes, and most offensive pokemon are incapable of ohkoing it, allowing hawlucha to setup swords dance and effectively sweep. at +2, acrobatics can ohko numerous offensive pokemon which do not resist flying, and high jump kick is capable of handling flying resists. the number of pokemon that can survive both of hawlucha's attacks at +2 is very limited, and a number are not capable of koing hawlucha in return, thus allowing it to setup more or 2hko. the introduction of mega swampert to the tier has also improved this team's abilities, as it is a solidly bulky pokemon, notably it can switch-in vs aerodactyl. its sweeping abilities with swift swim are also quite solid, and teams without latias, celebi, or hydreigon are quite vulnerable to water/ground coverage. i opt for power-up punch over ice punch since latias and hydreigon won't like taking +1 or +2 waterfall in the rain anyways, and they can't ko a relatively healthy swampert in return, especially if aurora veil is up. latias is still one of the best sweepers in the tier, i don't really need to say much, aurora veil just makes it more difficult to revenge kill.

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
http://pokepast.es/f9c10b27787caffc

My most up to date stall team, which contains responses to some of the newer offensive trends such as Buzzwole, Xurkitree, PuP Swampert Mega, Hawlucha, and Togekiss.

Kyurem is the only unorthodox member in terms of stall usage (it is running however a fairly common set); it is useful because it abuses the Toxic Spikes well and beats some key stallbreakers such as Togekiss, Gliscor and Xurkitree, as well as Refresh Pidgeot one on one. Life Orb is necessary for the KO on Xurkitree and I personally like it more than Leftovers in any case because unlike on balance teams I am not using Substitute Kyurem for its defensive utility, I am using it as a very niche counter to a few game breaking threats.

The team's utility is straight forward although there a couple minor to moderate issues that should be pointed out. Firstly and most importantly, the hazard control is slightly weak, although I have a spinner that functions as a grounded Poison as well, I lack the Defog + Spin + Grounded Poison combination that I consider the best reasonable hazard control a standard stall team can use. Secondly, while I have Wish and Heal Bell, they are usually better suited on Blissey rather than Sylveon which is comparatively frail (does not really enjoy switching into Pidgeot for example to carry out cleric duties unlike Blissey). That's because I only have room for Stealth Rock on Blissey and cannot really give up Toxic for fear of Latias. The last utility issue this team has is a lack of "goodies" like Roar, Knock Off, Leech Seed, etc. that greatly help against certain playstyles and threats. Obviously Toxic Spikes and Haze are the exceptions, but most stall teams can usually fit three or four of these moves so it's shame I only have two (not including Toxic).

Major threats include Work Up Refresh Pidgeot, which I think is pretty clearly a mediocre set besides the stall match up and is therefore rare fortunately, and Haxorus for obvious reasons. Crawdaunt also poses a big issue because it OHKOs Buzzwole with Z-Crabhammer and does't take Life Orb damage. Even these threats do not completely 6-0 me for the most part though, although they might come fairly close.

No particularly good replays yet but I'm laddering at 1750 or so under the account name in the below replay (the only one I have).

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-592461930

Any feedback is, as always, very welcome and appreciated.

I hope nobody minds me abusing this thread as a lazy RMT thread, the teams I post including this one are of pretty high quality anyways, if not a perfect sampling team.

innovative as always :O

i feel like the team could be weak to a lure infernape, as stabs + grass knot and electric could break kinda easily.

Also what is lunge on buzzwole for? additionally would running more spdef be helpful? not sure what you would need max for unless theres like specific calcs that it benefits from the max def

other than that it seems like the team might struggle a bit against opposing stall due to lack of like utility moves that u mentioned (knock off for one) as well as kyurem probs being kinda dead weight against stall.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Right the Infernape matchup is kind of prediction heavy but you can say that for more or less any wall since they can run physical or special and a lot of coverage moves (even Gunk Shot for Sylveon). Even Latias barely helps as a counter since they could just U-Turn into a pursuit user.

Lunge Buzzwole helps against Curse and Bulk Up users, gives me extra insurance should Quagsire die/be too weakened. Also Quagsire doesn't really beat a lot of them anyways if they have Rest.

Maximum defense isn't for anything specific, it just makes me a better switchin to all the physical attackers I try to counter, really helps and I find it necessary in the long run because flinches from Icicle Crash and Waterfall and critical hits in general. I have a Sylveon and Blissey for special moves so I don't really see the point in giving Buzzwole special defense.

Kyurem is not really deadweight against opposing stall as it can try to PP stall Blissey and should their special wall ever die, it can inflict huge damage. Overall the matchup against opposing stall isn't good, the saving grace is having Tentacruel's utility.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-593072248

Here's a game against a stall-ish team I had a worse matchup with (opponent could have won with Reuniclus) but because of some mistakes they end up losing at like turn 220 (replay freezes at 197 but it's already over then). Specifically, they missed the idea of Future Sight plus Buzzwole several times, let Steelix/Stealh Rocks die for almost no reason, and only started conserving Heal Bell when they only had one left. So yes while the stall matchup is bad, I can still play and work with opponent's mistakes, especially if they don't take advantage of my own mistakes.

Hello all - I've been lurking Smogon for quite some time (been playing competitive since the end of gen 4), and want to start getting more involved on the site. I've had a good amount of success on the UU ladder with this team and I really enjoy using it, so I figured sharing it would be a good way to start. Though it's essentially a bulky offense team now, its earlier iterations were pretty standard balance squads. I will post a replay featuring the original team (with Mega Sharpedo/10% Zygarde as the offensive core) below.

For now, though, let's talk about the current build.
Buzzwole @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Lunge
- Roost
- Toxic

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Defog

Blissey @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss

Latias @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Swampert @ Swampertite
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Rain Dance

Infernape @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Mach Punch

The focus of the team is simple: set up an M-Swampert sweep.

Defensive Core: The defensive core of Buzzwole, Blissey, and Empoleon handles and weakens the majority of UU's common offensive threats (M-Swampert, Scizor, Mamoswine, Xurkitree, Cobalion, opposing Buzzwole, opposing Latias, Crawdaunt, Terrakion, M-Pidgeot, M-Sceptile, the list goes on). Though this is a pretty standard core in UU atm, there are a few things I'll comment on. First is the unconventional choice of putting Rocky Helmet on Buzzwole. I've found that this allows me to gradually weaken physical attackers over time, especially opposing Buzzwole without sub/bulk up. Not to mention Rocky Helmet often causes obvious switches, which lets me easily poison a check on the switch. This is why I've opted for Toxic over Bulk Up. In other words, Toxic and Rocky Helmet give me the best of both worlds: gradual damage on physical sweepers and Toxic damage to whatever switches in.

Second, in earlier iterations of the team Empoleon had Roar, as Latias was my defogger. When I switched to CM Latias, Empoleon had to take on that role instead. Losing Roar makes me somewhat susceptible to some set up sweepers (CM Sylveon, Refresh M-Pidgeot, and Hoopa come to mind), and I do really miss it a lot for momentum reasons as well. Though I'm not Stealth Rocks-weak, Sticky Web and Toxic Spikes really put a damper on the team's strategy - so Defog is an absolute necessity. And finally, I always feel like I'm wasting an opportunity when I use Blissey without Heal Bell, but there is simply no room for it here.

Offensive Core: While the defensive core is weakening everything it can, Latias and Infernape are putting heavy offensive pressure on the opposing team. The combination of these two helps to break down/weaken many of the mons that give Swampert trouble, such as M-Blastoise, Mandibuzz, and Alomomola, among others. Having Calm Mind on Latias also gives me another win condition in the event that Swampert goes down early on. In ideal situations, Swampert's counters and checks are weakened just in time to set up a Rain Dance and run amok.

Issues: In terms of threats, there a few mons that give this team serious trouble. My defensive core has no fire resist, and as such does not handle fast, physical fire types like Infernape and Entei well at all. Because Latias is the only fire resist I have, I'm often forced to switch her directly into Banded Sacred Fires and Flare Blitzes, both of which do upwards of 50% (and that's without the Sacred Fire burn). I'm then forced to roost off the damage, at which point I lose momentum and give my opponent a free switch. Other major threats are M-Aerodactyl and Hawlucha. Though Blissey can handle the former to an extent, if Hawlucha gets an SD up on me, it's game over. In short, anything physical that Buzzwole can't handle usually ends up doing a number on the rest of the team.

Lastly (and I'm fully aware this could be a result of my playstyle rather than the build), the team doesn't seem to handle stall very well at all. The Latias and Infernape combo has a hard time wallbreaking when up against wish support. I'm currently trying to decide what I might possibly change to improve my chances against stall.

Closing thoughts: As you may have noticed, this team shares a number of similarities with Cookees' team (posted above). This is because he gave me some really helpful advice during the teambuilding process, and I'd like to thank him for that. The differences between my team and his (my use of Latias, Empoleon, and fully offensive M-Swampert), however, really change how they both operate. My team is essentially a slightly more offensive version.

Thank you for reading. I don't want to make an RMT out of this, but I'm totally open to comments and feedback. Hopefully checking out my team can give someone some UU inspiration, at the very least. I look forward to getting more involved in the community.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-593315680 -Current build vs. gogo slowbro
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-593113405 -Recent, pre-Blissey build w/ Amoongus vs. The Lindomar
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-592426858 -Original iteration vs. ArthurNhaNha

Last edited:

hey lads, this is the second SM UU team I've built and I quite like it. I wanted to build something to ladder with and get a feel for the new tier. It turned out quite solid even against more expert UU players, except for that one guy bob the bro who run BU Conkeldurr which decimates my team.
I wanted to build around Refresh + Work Up Mega-Pidgeot because it had a great matchup against common stall teams, and it works perfectly with CM Slowbro, weakening special sponges for the latter to sweep later on in the game.
Subsequently, I added Blissey as my stealth rocker and blanket check for special heavy hitters like Primarina or Volcanion. It also fulfills the role of status absorber for the team, since i lack Heal Bell.
At this point, I needed an electric immunity and I decided to use Gliscor, which also provides a secondary win condition against stall teams. I used the standard spdef spread, but it may be subject to changes.
For my last two slots, I chose Raikou and Forretress. Forretress provides hazard control and with Hidden Power Fire it can check Buzzwole and Scizor pretty reliably. Scarf Raikou provides much needed speed control to keep opposing scarfers and fast megaevos like Aerodactyl in check.
To Kill A Hooker (Pidgeot) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Keen Eye
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Work Up
- Refresh

Astronaut Pussy (Blissey) @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Deadman Standing (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psyshock

Beyond Incarnation (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 116 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Facade

BehindMeBehindYou (Forretress) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin

God Like You (Raikou) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball

Blissey @ Leftovers
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Def / 84 SpA
Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Pursuit

Infernape @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Thunder Punch

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Synthesis

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Avalanche

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

This is an updated team for the new meta, following the departure of Buzzwole and the (expected) departure of Conkeldurr. This was the team I used during the UU suspect ladder, where I achieved my requirements of 2650 COIL for the Conkeldurr vote, with a 48-7 win ratio and an 85.7% GXE. The team itself is built similarly to my previous team, albeit with modifications due to Buzzwole's departure.

Lead: Swampert fulfills the role of the Lead. Mega-Swampert generally hits most Pokemon extremely hard and can also reliably set up Stealth Rocks with its great overall bulk. Against opposing Azelf, you may opt not to Mega-Evolve to protect against their Explosion with Damp. You need to be wary of opposing Infernape, Tornadus and Azelf Leads, as occasionally they do run Grass Knot, so I would recommend switching to Blissey to scout for that. I run Avalanche, as that will allow you to OHKO opposing Togekiss, Hydreigon, Latias and M-Pidgeots. The EVs are optimised for maximum damage output and reasonable bulk, with no investment in Speed as it is generally unnecessary.

Choice Banders: Scizor fulfills the role of a revenge killer and is great for trapping / weakening opposing Pokemon. It also acts as a great check to multiple threats such as opposing M-Aerodactyls, Togekiss and Terrakions. Good Pursuit usage is necessary, especially against Pokemon like M-Aero and M-Beedrill. I have also started running Defog recently on Scizor over Superpower, which actually works quite well against Hazard stackers. Infernape acts as a Wall-breaker and a Banded Flare Blitz / Close Combat does a huge amount of damage to almost everything. I have also started running Thunderpunch to nail Tentacruel, Slowbro and other Bulky waters. Thunderpunch is boosted by Iron Fist to 90 BP. CB Iron Fist - Mach Punch is also great for finishing off enemies, and allows this team to deal with powerful and fast attackers such as Mega-Sharpedo, M-Absol etc..

Special Wall: Blissey absorbs all the special attacks on this team. Blissey is also able to take a lot of physical attacks due to my EV spread, and you can expect it to win in a 1v1 matchup against M-Aerodactyl. It is mandatory to use Protect to scout against opposing Trick users, Protect also allows Blissey to shut down many Scarfers and Banders, who try to pull a U-Turn. I run 84 SpA EVs and Fireblast on Blissey to OHKO Scizor, Forretress and dent Cobalion switch-ins. It is also great for Sun teams, against Venusaurs and Shiftrys who try to setup in your face.

Physical Walls: Unfortunately, I am required to run 2 physical walls to cover the majority of threats in the current meta. The first is Chesnaught and the second is Suicune. I run a Bulk Up version of Chesnaught to deal with setup sweepers. Late-game, Chesnaught is also capable of sweeping on its own with its great bulk. Chesnaught is the main switch-in to mons such as M-Swampert and Crawdaunt. While Chesnaught is a great physically defensive wall, it can't check Weavile, Mamoswine, Infernape, Darmanitan, Hawlucha and M-Aero/Crobat. This is where Suicune comes in. I run a rest-talk set for recovery and also to act as a Stallbreaker. Crocune wins against standard Vincune sets as well, due to having more PP with rest. Lategame, Suicune is also capable of sweeping, once its weaknesses have been removed, as well as PP stalling out Pokemon like Amoonguss and Volcanion.

Weaknesses: While this team does perform strongly against most other teams, it does have a few shortcomings, as does any other team. MixApe is a general threat to this team, as well as the rare subCM Chandelure and CB Bewear / Guts Heracross. Everything else is quite manageable.

Last edited:

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Mantine @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Haze

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Atk / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Sparkling Aria

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Poison Jab

Scizor @ Buginium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Atk / 32 Def / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Swords Dance

A solid team I made for the suspect, it capitalises on some of the trends seen on the ladder while retaining pretty good matchups overall. Mantine+Primarina should handle any rain thrown at you, with the buffer of Steelix and Gliscor for Xurkitree and Weavile to help revenge Hawlucha for the aim rain seeing a lot of use. Speedy TauntTox Gliscor is very very good against a lot of stalls being used on the ladder, and provided you can keep rocks up alongside it, can often overwhelm those teams. Speed outspeeds Adamant Entei and positive 85s like Nidoking, while the Attack helps get a cleaner roll vs Xurkitree and Nidoking. Weavile is running Poison Jab on this team because I clicked Low Kick literally once in about 25 games and it's nice to be able to surprise Ninetales-Alola for the veil teams running around on ladder. Obviously Pursuit and Low Kick are options though so play around if you like. Scizor set seems weird but I didn't want to use the passive lefties bulked out set but I wanted a Weavile switchin which meant running a Z move to reduce Knock Off dmg, EVs allow you to always switch into 2 Life Orb Knock Offs with Stealth Rock up and Roost it off. Bug Z was the most useful Z move, I tried Pursuit > SD for a while but it was pretty awful haha, Swords Dance gives a nice wincon and Savage Spin Out actually has a nice damage output especially boosted, +2 does 81-96 to standard Alomomola. If you don't like the set switch it around but I actually found it pretty decent in the end. Something funky I was considering was an Occa set to try and surprise Mega Sceptile who is a very big threat to this team, could also help vs HP Fire Latis in a pinch.

Last edited:

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Bit of a disappointing end to UU Open, so I've decided that I will post some teams. To preface this, most of my teams require metagame knowledge to play, but (i like to think) they're fairly intuitive - I will give as best explanation I can for each! On to my play/building style I like to play offence most of the time; sometimes I will branch out to balance builds - but not often. Rarely will you see me run Stall - that's because I don't have the patience! I try to build teams that have a good match up versus all play styles. All of these teams have been tried and tested on the UU ladder and versus high level opponents.

Apologies in advance to the thread owners, I have no where else to post, and it'd be a while before an open sets/teams thread will be open too. Onto the teams!

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 152 Atk / 180 SpA / 176 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry
- Stealth Rock

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 196 HP / 208 Def / 88 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge / Earthquake / Thunder Punch

Latias @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunder
- Calm Mind

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon / Flamethrower
- Autotomize
This was the first noteworthy team I had created after my period of time away from Pokemon. The fast pace nature of this team is really enjoyable and it focuses on setting up either a late game Scizor or Kommo-o sweep which is further enhanced by a nifty hazard stack core. I like to think of this Klefki and Mamosine duo as my hazard stacking signature core. Klefki is the best Spike setter in the tier, and it's fantastic for spreading disruption against Offensive builds early/mid game. Dazzling Gleam + Hidden Power Fire give it decent coverage too, one is STAB and the other for Scizor. I also run enough Speed on Klefki to out pace Neutral Max Speed Conkeldurr (won't be relevant any more). Klefki functions as an early game pivot, scouting moves versus opposing teams and relishing in the opportunity to set up as much as possible. I've posted about Mamoswine in the past, in short, it gives me a decent tool to use versus Stall builds + Stealth Rocks. Mamoswine functions as the teams Electric immunity and gives decent priority coverage through Ice Shard. This variant of Mamoswine can threaten a 2HKO versus the majority of Stall Pokemon, something I find very useful on offence. Latias was added in order to threaten hazard controllers, fairly straight forward, z-Thunder can take on all relevant Defog Pokemon. Infernape provides a form of Speed control. Another threat against opposing Scizor + decent counter play to mons such as Sharpedo-M was necessary. I am running Stone Edge in order to hit both Chandelure and Pidgeot-M, I can see the merit in running either Earthquake or Thunder Punch too. SD Scizor is one of the most threatening Pokemon in the tier, most of my offensive builds feature this particular variant. I was thinking to myself how effective SD Lucario was with Bullet Punch + Extreme Speed in the past and thought about the merits of running a similar set with Quick Attack on Scizor. In the end it comes down to some fairly unique damage calcs: Starmie, M-Sharpedo, Infernape, Darmanitan, Offensive Tentacruel, Xurkitree, Raikou (87.5% chance) and Entei (50% chance) all folding to +2 LO Quick attack after Rocks + Spikes Damage. Looking at this team you should notice a fairly large weakness to Chandelure; Kommo-o is able to capitalise on this Pokemon. Bullet Proof blocks Shadow Ball & Fire-type moves are resisted. Furthermore, Kommo-o is a very underrated late game sweeper, after an autotomize boost, what really wants to switch in? Kommo-o can also function as another threat to Stall, seeing as it can 2HKO Blissey with Focus Blast.

Due to the offensive nature of this team, it doesn't rely upon defensive switch-ins. Using this team, one must constantly think ahead to the end game. The team relies heavily upon defensive and offensive synergy. Smart sacrifices, clever doubles, predicted switches and forcing your opponents to react are essential to keep momentum in your favour. IMO, this team is a good representation of high risk/high reward. The team is satisfying to play, is difficult to master but IMO it's adequately able to threaten the majority of the metagame. Threats include: Primarina, Mamoswine, Nidoking, Sylveon, Talonflame & Manual Rain Builds are nasty (not impossible).

Latias @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Hawlucha @ Power Herb
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Sky Attack
- Swords Dance

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
EVs: 156 Atk / 180 SpA / 172 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry
- Stealth Rock

Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rain Dance

Klefki @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder Wave
Read above team for set explanation on Klefki, Mamo & Scizor! This time around we have Swampert-M which is arguably a better late game sweeper/pivot compared to Kommo-o. I chose to run Stone Edge in order to threaten Pokemon such as Mantine/Togekiss which like to Defog away all your hard work. With Swampert as my offensive check to Scizor; Hawlucha seemed like a decent pick over Infernape. Lucha has a better time versus opposing Offence and is arguably scarier late game. Lastly, z-Draco Meteor on Latias since this version of the team already has decent counter play versus hazard control. Roost affords better longevity too.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- U-turn

Infernape @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Vacuum Wave
- Nasty Plot

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Atk / 44 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Rotom-Mow @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam

EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Rain Dance
- Stealth Rock
The idea behind the team was to emulate the UU God Himself: Papagoi. Each of these Pokemon can run multiple viable sets. For example, Rotom-M, Hydreigon & Infernape were all viable scarfers. My idea was to run multiple variants of the team with multiple different sets. In the end I was too lazy to do this, so here is the team I used to achieve reqs for the Conkeldurr vote. Scarf Dragon with U-turn, fantastic resists and fire power, Hydreigon is a fairly natural choice, btw, Scarf Flash Cannon is funny af versus Veil teams. NP Infernape is really good atm, especially if you have an efficient way of dealing with opposing Latias. It's a decent threat to Stall and is a decent answer to Sharpedo, Weavile, etc. Bulky Band Scizor was my next addition. Decent enough bulk to survive HP Fire from non LO Latias and either Pursuit trap or U-turn on. Late game Band Bullet Punch has always been nice too. Double Dance Gliscor is one of my favourite Pokemon to use atm. Nice resists and bulk as well as severely unexpected, it also finds a lot of opportunities to set up, I encourage people to give it a shot - you won't regret it! Maximum attack on Gliscor also gives some nice results, for example 2HKO on Primarina (OHKO at +2, in case you didn't know).Gliscor is surprisingly threatening to opposing offence builds too! Rotom-M was a little unexplored at the time of this teams conception. Another very good pivot for this team as well as a lure of sorts, seeing as one could feign Scarf only to nuke something later on. Signal Beam was for Celebi and Latias. M-Swampert was the last Pokemon, I am not happy with the set itself, but it does what is needed. Maximum attack Swampert is no joke, I needed Stealth Rocks so I threw that on there. Lastly, it was a toss up between Ice Punch and Rain Dance, in the end I decided having something with enough Speed at +2 to cover M-Aerodactyl and everything below was good enough. The rest is chucked into HP.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 48 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Taunt / Roost

Alomomola @ Eject Button
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Healing Wish

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Terrakion @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Work Up
- Refresh
- Roost
So I think every one has tried the idea of Eject Button + Magneton; this is my take on it. Alomomola seems like an ideal user of eject button with its ability: Regenerator. In this case I have two options to utilise: Weavile and Magneton. Scarf Magenton since either way it's a 2HKO vs. opposing SpD Empoleon, hitting Cobalion for ~60% damage and, outpacing opposing Pidgeot-M & Weavile. Weavile is utilised to hurt any faster threats than Terrakion before it manages to get a Rock Polish Boost. Decided that above average speed Gliscor was an okay pick in order to Taunt and prevent opposing hazards, it also enjoys Wish support from Alo. The last move on Alo was Healing Wish, which is quite nice considering how weak this team is to hazards and, granting something like Terrakion or Pidgeot a second chance. Double Dance Terrakion is the teams main from of damage, and can sweep, especially once you've trapped and removed its offensive checks and counters with Weavile & Magneton. Lastly Work-Up Pidgeot helps with the Stall match up. This team is very weak to opposing Electric Types: notably Raikou and struggles with the lack of hazard removal.

Xurkitree @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Toxic Spikes

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 76 Atk / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost
- Stealth Rock

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Pursuit
- Swords Dance

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
Toxic Spikes + Sub Xurkitree, not much else to say. Xurkitree doesn't need the boost to do big damage to every Pokemon in the tier. Substitute alongside Toxic Spikes helps it to break past its traditional checks and counters, particularly: Blissey/Kyurem on stall. Whilst Substitute helps it scout the switch in whilst retaliating with big damage. Empoleon is a decent check to Scizor. Gliscor for Rocks and more U-turn momentum. Doublade is this teams answer to Hawlucha, as well as a decent answer to Latias. Scarf Shao was chosen because it can actually KO m-Pidgeot, m-Aero and Xurkitree - something Infernape cannot.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Shiny: Yes EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Latias @ Waterium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Calm Mind

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Taunt

Cobalion @ Chople Berry
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang
- Protect
Some of you may recognise this team, this is the updated version. Double Dance Gliscor threatens Offence & Balance builds. CM Z-Surf Latias is a decent anti-stall mon, whilst having the relevant speed, resists and power to threaten Balance & Offence. Hydreigon is my second anti-staller/hazard deterrent, offering decent synergy alongside Latias. I chose rocks on Cobalion simply because it was the only place I could fit it. Chople lets it take a Low Kick from Weavile, and HJK from Hawlucha, whilst winning the 1v1 match up vs. Terrakion and opposing Cobalion, setting up SR in the face of CB Superpower Scizor is nice too. I've explained Scizor previously, but one could also choose to run Superpower/Bug Bite over Quick Attack, I prefer the coverage on offensive Pokemon that Quick Attack gives me. Lastly, M-Sharpedo is the cleaner, Jolly to out pace Scarf Hydreigon & Krook.

Last edited:
Bit of a disappointing end to UU Open, so I've decided that I will post some teams. To preface this, most of my teams require metagame knowledge to play, but (i like to think) they're fairly intuitive - I will give as best explanation I can for each! On to my play/building style I like to play offence most of the time; sometimes I will branch out to balance builds - but not often. Rarely will you see me run Stall - that's because I don't have the patience! I try to build teams that have a good match up versus all play styles. All of these teams have been tried and tested on the UU ladder and versus high level opponents.

Apologies in advance to the thread owners, I have no where else to post, and it'd be a while before an open sets/teams thread will be open too. Onto the teams!

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
EVs: 152 Atk / 180 SpA / 176 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry
- Stealth Rock

Klefki @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge / Earthquake / Thunder Punch

Latias @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunder
- Calm Mind

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon / Flamethrower
- Autotomize
This was the first noteworthy team I had created after my period of time away from Pokemon. The fast pace nature of this team is really enjoyable and it focuses on setting up either a late game Scizor or Kommo-o sweep which is further enhanced by a nifty hazard stack core. I like to think of this Klefki and Mamosine duo as my hazard stacking signature core. Klefki is the best Spike setter in the tier, and it's fantastic for spreading disruption against Offensive builds early/mid game. Dazzling Gleam + Hidden Power Fire give it decent coverage too, one is STAB and the other for Scizor. I also run enough Speed on Klefki to out pace Neutral Max Speed Conkeldurr (won't be relevant any more). Klefki functions as an early game pivot, scouting moves versus opposing teams and relishing in the opportunity to set up as much as possible. I've posted about Mamoswine in the past, in short, it gives me a decent tool to use versus Stall builds + Stealth Rocks. Mamoswine functions as the teams Electric immunity and gives decent priority coverage through Ice Shard. This variant of Mamoswine can threaten a 2HKO versus the majority of Stall Pokemon, something I find very useful on offence. Latias was added in order to threaten hazard controllers, fairly straight forward, z-Thunder can take on all relevant Defog Pokemon. Infernape provides a form of Speed control. Another threat against opposing Scizor + decent counter play to mons such as Sharpedo-M was necessary. I am running Stone Edge in order to hit both Chandelure and Pidgeot-M, I can see the merit in running either Earthquake or Thunder Punch too. SD Scizor is one of the most threatening Pokemon in the tier, most of my offensive builds feature this particular variant. I was thinking to myself how effective SD Lucario was with Bullet Punch + Extreme Speed in the past and thought about the merits of running a similar set with Quick Attack on Scizor. In the end it comes down to some fairly unique damage calcs: Starmie, M-Sharpedo, Infernape, Darmanitan, Offensive Tentacruel, Xurkitree, Raikou (87.5% chance) and Entei (50% chance) all folding to +2 LO Quick attack after Rocks + Spikes Damage. Looking at this team you should notice a fairly large weakness to Chandelure; Kommo-o is able to capitalise on this Pokemon. Bullet Proof blocks Shadow Ball & Fire-type moves are resisted. Furthermore, Kommo-o is a very underrated late game sweeper, after an autotomize boost, what really wants to switch in? Kommo-o can also function as another threat to Stall, seeing as it can 2HKO Blissey with Focus Blast.

Due to the offensive nature of this team, it doesn't rely upon defensive switch-ins. Using this team, one must constantly think ahead to the end game. The team relies heavily upon defensive and offensive synergy. Smart sacrifices, clever doubles, predicted switches and forcing your opponents to react are essential to keep momentum in your favour. IMO, this team is a good representation of high risk/high reward. The team is satisfying to play, is difficult to master but IMO it's adequately able to threaten the majority of the metagame. Threats include: Primarina, Mamoswine, Nidoking, Sylveon, Talonflame & Manual Rain Builds are nasty (not impossible).

Latias @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Hawlucha @ Power Herb
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Sky Attack
- Swords Dance

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
EVs: 156 Atk / 180 SpA / 172 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry
- Stealth Rock

Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rain Dance

Klefki @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder Wave
Read above team for set explanation on Klefki, Mamo & Scizor! This time around we have Swampert-M which is arguably a better late game sweeper/pivot compared to Kommo-o. I chose to run Stone Edge in order to threaten Pokemon such as Mantine/Togekiss which like to Defog away all your hard work. With Swampert as my offensive check to Scizor; Hawlucha seemed like a decent pick over Infernape. Lucha has a better time versus opposing Offence and is arguably scarier late game. Lastly, z-Draco Meteor on Latias since this version of the team already has decent counter play versus hazard control. Roost affords better longevity too.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- U-turn

Infernape @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Vacuum Wave
- Nasty Plot

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Atk / 44 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Rotom-Mow @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam

EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Rain Dance
- Stealth Rock
The idea behind the team was to emulate the UU God Himself: Papagoi. Each of these Pokemon can run multiple viable sets. For example, Rotom-M, Hydreigon & Infernape were all viable scarfers. My idea was to run multiple variants of the team with multiple different sets. In the end I was too lazy to do this, so here is the team I used to achieve reqs for the Conkeldurr vote. Scarf Dragon with U-turn, fantastic resists and fire power, Hydreigon is a fairly natural choice, btw, Scarf Flash Cannon is funny af versus Veil teams. NP Infernape is really good atm, especially if you have an efficient way of dealing with opposing Latias. It's a decent threat to Stall and is a decent answer to Sharpedo, Weavile, etc. Bulky Band Scizor was my next addition. Decent enough bulk to survive HP Fire from non LO Latias and either Pursuit trap or U-turn on. Late game Band Bullet Punch has always been nice too. Double Dance Gliscor is one of my favourite Pokemon to use atm. Nice resists and bulk as well as severely unexpected, it also finds a lot of opportunities to set up, I encourage people to give it a shot - you won't regret it! Maximum attack on Gliscor also gives some nice results, for example 2HKO on Primarina (OHKO at +2, in case you didn't know).Gliscor is surprisingly threatening to opposing offence builds too! Rotom-M was a little unexplored at the time of this teams conception. Another very good pivot for this team as well as a lure of sorts, seeing as one could feign Scarf only to nuke something later on. Signal Beam was for Celebi and Latias. M-Swampert was the last Pokemon, I am not happy with the set itself, but it does what is needed. Maximum attack Swampert is no joke, I needed Stealth Rocks so I threw that on there. Lastly, it was a toss up between Ice Punch and Rain Dance, in the end I decided having something with enough Speed at +2 to cover M-Aerodactyl and everything below was good enough. The rest is chucked into HP.

Hey guys, I will be adding more teams tomorrow, when I've had some sleep! Let me know if you have any questions about the teams. I am more than happy to help with team building and advice also!
Those are some awesome teams man, it's just a shame that the ones with mega swampert can't be used in UU atm. Since the new usage stats have propelled mega swampert to OU. But I guess we'll have to see whether anything can fill it's role within those teams atm. It'd definitely not going to be easy to rectifiy imo.

Last edited:

Mega Sharpedo Pseudo Trick Room

Sharpedo-Mega (M) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Ice Fang
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch

Klefki @ Shuca Berry
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Light Screen
- Play Rough

Uxie @ Darkinium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Memento
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Trick Room

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz

Hoopa @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast / Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Crawdaunt (M) @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off

A Hyper Offense team that uses Trick Room for wall breaking and Mega Sharpedo/ Scarf Infernape for sweeping. With Conkeldure gone, both Trick Room and Mega Sharpedo perform so much better. No more late game sweeps stopped from a Conkeldure mach punch or Conkeldure coming in on Trick Room and wrecking your team. Mega Sharpedo is so much more useful now with Conkedure gone and weak to only one priority move in UU, Infernapes mach punch. I'm expecting a spike in usage for Mega Sharpedo because of this, so I thought why not make a team built around Sharpedo. Anyways, Uxie performs as a great support for this team by putting up rocks and Trick Room, eating up any SpD hit, and Z Mementoing into a teammate. Klefki is the other support putting spikes and light screen up while poisoning the other team. Shuca Berry is so Klefki can eat any ground hit which can help Klefki get damage on Krook or to use an extra support move. You could also run light clay and dual screens on Klefki too, but have a harder time against bulky waters and Mandibuzz. Crawdaunt and Hoopa serve as the Trick Room wall breakers, knocking so many holes on the other team. Hoopa also serves as the second Trick Room setter. If bulky water types annoy you, you can run Thunderbolt on Hoopa instead of Focus Blast or maybe even Trick Room, but I prefer Focus Blast because of all the Dark types in UU. Scarf Infernape is a great revenge killer in the tier, out speeding many scarfers in the tier like Hydreigon, who is also great for late game sweeping. Mega Sharpedo is the main sweeper on this team being able to OKO many mons in the tier with a little prior damage. Ice Fang instead of Waterfall is more useful in the long run being able to OKO Hydreigon with rocks up, OKO Gliscor, and doing more damage to flying types in general. Sharpedo gets the job done, most of the time, at the end. I hope you guys like this idea of a pseudo trick room team!

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Volt-Turn offense

This is a fairly standard Volt-Turn offense team that has been molded to reflect certain metagame trends.

Like all Volt-Turn offense teams, it has strong U-Turn and Volt Switch Pokemon - indeed CB Scizor and Beedrill provide basically the strongest U-Turn in the metagame. The core is completed with Rotom-Cut which provides an extremely useful typing to put offense pressure on literally 100% of the metagame when combined with the two bugs. The strength of this core comes from the fact that absolutely no single Pokemon in the tier can comfortably stay in on the combined three moves of super strong U-Turn, Bloom Doom, and a moderate Volt Switch / Thunderbolt. Not only does the core cover a lot in relatively few moves (with additional benefits such as strong priority Bullet Punch and even utility in Toxic Spikes and Brick Break) - the most important part of this core like in other Volt-Turn teams is the momentum it generates. Everything can swap out with free damage and the bugs can be played relatively liberally considering I always have a back up.

Unfortunately, the core is pretty much purely offensive and has several big weaknesses defensively; the most notable weaknesses are to hazards and Fire moves. Luckily the rest of the team not only provides necessary support, but also can help keep up the momentum with their own U-Turn and in the case of Starmie, act almost as a suicide spinner that can be deceptively strong. For example, Analytic Hydro Pump + regular Ice Beam + SR always KOs Latias while 248 HP Scizor is always OHKOd by SR + Analytic Hydro Pump. It can notably kill basically every SR user except Blissey which is pure momentum bait and needs to waste time recovering from Psyshock. Hydreigon is a fairly solid Fire resistance.

The trends that make this team well above average are many. Firstly, Fire types seem to be declining in usage, with Arcanine being largely mocked (and dealt with rather easily anyways). Secondly, Alomomola + Blissey teams and Aurora Veil teams are on the rise; Volt-Turn in general can prey fairly easily on most Alomomola-Blissey cores, especially if they elect not to run a Ground type while Brick Break on Beedrill Mega is a niche option to deal with Aurora Veil (as well as deal moderate damage to Cobalion). Thirdly and lastly, I generally have a good matchup in terms of hazards - Starmie beats or at least prevents SR from very popular users like Gliscor, Cobalion, Mega Aggron and Terrakion while spinblocking is also on the decline as the tier lacks good Ghosts in light of Pursuit's popularity. My own hazard users provide a lot of momentum and can find free turns to set up rather easily while ceding little because I can U-Turn out of many counters.

One trend that works against the team and needs to be played carefully around is Spikes Offense, which is not only hard because the team is somewhat weak to Spikes with the two bugs being badly annoyed and Klefki/Froslass have the ability to stop successful clearing, but because Hawlucha and Sharpedo Mega are often used on these teams. As they outspeed most or all of my team and can set up on at least one Pokemon, there is a very significant weakness.

Here is a replay with a short note on the themes it displays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-624866297 - After two key events: the Ground type being lured by Rotom-Mow and the hazards being removed off my field, the momentum becomes close to unstoppable and my opponent has to lose too much material to continue

This balance team has been created near perfect for the current metagame. With Xurkitree absent, stall has been slightly on the rise. I used to use Gliscor to deal with stall, however, Gliscor struggles with Quagsire. I tried Togekiss to deal with that problem, but Togekiss doesn't have a good matchup against offense teams. That is where Work up+Refresh Pidgeot comes in, muscling past Quagsire while also being a decent player against offensively biased teams. It can get past any wall that lacks phazing or an offensive presence. It also functions as a decent revenge killer. Gastrodon is an absolute beast in the metagame. When you scroll down in the role compendium, you will notice it checks/ counters ALOT of things. Volcanion, Infernape,Entei and Darmanitan are handled by Gastrodon, offering your team protection from most fire types. Starmie, Raikou, Krookodile and Mega Aerodactyl are also handled, while simultaneously blocking volt switch. Poisinium Z is used to help better check knock off users, also turning Gastrodon into a better wall against physical attackers late game. Waterium z or Groundium z may also be used. Empoleon handles what Gastrodon cannot,Primarina, and... Primarina :(, but also handles other special attackers, such as Latias, and Mega Pidgeot. It sets up rocks and defogs, normal empoleon stuff. However, I use knock off with a Sassy nature in order to maximize damage against things such as Latias and Celebi, as well as cripple the other team and knock off Primarina's specs. Scizor and Raikou form a volt turn core, both can potentially clean up late game. Also, Scizor doesn't have to go with the bulky set thanks to the solid walls this team possesses. Let the Damage Calcs do the talking.
+2 0 Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 178-210 (54.7 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Iron Plate Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 282-333 (86.7 - 102.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Watch out for Hawlucha, Mixed Infernape and Grassium Z rotom. Fortunately, these threats are pretty rare, so just play smart when you encounter them. However,M- Sharpedo walks all over this team once Scizor and Gastrodon are even slightly weakened. Just some thoughts, but from what I've noticed M-Sharpedo is broken. Virtually every uu team in existence are threatened by it. Anyway, onto the team.
The Team:
Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Keen Eye
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Work Up
- Refresh

Gastrodon @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 8 SpA / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 116 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Facade

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Scald
- Knock Off

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-625522994
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-625677536
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-625683207
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-625693054

Last edited:

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 HP / 0 Atk
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 196 HP / 208 Def / 104 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Reflect

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

Scizor @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Hawlucha @ Power Herb
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Sky Attack
- Swords Dance

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Protect
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
Bog standard Spike stack heavy offence, with a few tweaks to take on current threats in the meta.

The hazard stack core is very effective at ensuring hazards go up quickly, Klefki with Thunder Wave is low key broken - hitting a paralysis on every hazard controller aside from Mandibuzz and Tsareena is really useful. I chose to run Reflect this time around since it gives me the opportunity to set up with the other Pokemon on the team. Mamoswine is fairly standard, this time I chose to run Adamant nature with maximum Attack investment, since Mega-Sceptile is an adequate switch-in to most Water-type Pokemon - considering Ice Beam is not as standard on bulky waters. With a strong hazard stack core I decided to stick with what I know: Hawlucha and Scizor, which are very dangerous sweepers that can manage opposing offence teams. In this case, I am running Jolly maximum Speed Scizor which guarantees that it's faster than opposing Scizor, Modest Volcanion & Jolly Bewear and OHKO all three with +2 LO Superpower. With support from Reflect, Scizor now has a lot of opportunities to set-up, for example: opposing Scizor & Cobalion are now less threatening. Sceptile is the teams dedicated answer to bulky waters, coming in relatively freely and likely forcing a switch. Behind a Substitute, Sceptile-Mega is a really annoying to face. Offensive switch-ins don't enjoy the fact that Sceptile has a free hit and defensive switch-ins give Sceptile free healing in the form of Leech Seed. With Subsitute + Leech Seed, Sceptile can force a ton of switches which becomes very annoying with full hazard support. In this case, I run 1 HP to guarantee I am still able to grab 4 subs, whilst recovering the most amount of HP - percentage wise (resulting in a higher chance of Sceptile being able to Substitute the next turn). The rest of the team really enjoys the support from Leech Seed too, especially Klefki and Suicune. Suicune was added as a switch into Fire type Pokemon and is a decent pivot too, Vincune is a pain for most teams and with hazard support + potential Reflect and Leech Seed it's very effective in this case.

The team is troubled by Pokemon such as Chandelure, Infernape and Scizor, it also lacks hazard control, and is quite susceptible to Toxic Spikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)