Project SM Ubers Teambuilding Competition (Round #10: Free Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega-Ty is a monster, but needs buddies to help it set up. Bulk Up Marshadow is a paired sweeper with priority and can provide wallbreaking potential. Arceus-Water is a tough choice, but helps weaken mons like Kyogre and Groudon while defogging hazards away. Groudon is the staple mon. My stealth rocker and status absorber. Zygarde-Complete with glare+protect. Scouts out moves and slows things down. Dragon tail to phaze out defoggers like Support Arceus', Giratina-O and just to switch things up while my hazards are on the field. Mega-T with DD is the preferred choice as it does hit hard. Best as a late game sweeper once Mega-T's buddies weaken the opponents team. Aegislash is kind of an odd choice, but checks certain things like Shaymin-S, Mega-Lucario, Arceus-Fairy, and Xerneas. Weird to have double ghost and triple ground weakness, but overall fun to use.

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Bulk Up

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Defog
- Recover
- Toxic

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roar
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Tomb

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Glare
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Tail
- Protect

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- King's Shield
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Ball

[Due to my busy schedule i'm gonna have to end this round an hour earlier.]

Thank you all for participating. Now it is time for the voting round. Here are the teams you can choose from:

Team 1: - Loloartsi
Team 2: - Holy Ghost
Team 3: - kilometerman
Team 4: - ImIsaP
Team 5: - BlameTheBlax
Team 6: - catsarecooldude

(Clicking on the images will take you to the teambuilding process)
Remember the rules while voting for a team. Good luck.

Last edited:
alrighty, first time voting so I'm going to ramble on, luckily I'll use the hide tag for my opinion
Team 1 is a very standard Webs offense, however I dislike the actual usage of Mega TTar (as I said, why not run normal if you aren't DD) and Webs is a bit too common to earn my vote
Team 2 by Holy Ghost was apparently untested, I've tried it out and it works well enough but Xerneas and Psyspam were really giving some issues, especially if you're unable to get Power Construct activated earlier on. Still really fun tho
Team 3 is meh. Hazard stack with TTar is smart but the team has a Ho-oh with no hazard control and is ironically extremely weak to it's own gimmick
Team 4 is my favorite to use thus far, Metronome Shaymin-S is slept on and Scarf Yveltal + TTar really shine with the support of Marshadow's 5S weakening or outright killing threats.
Team 5 is my own, so automatically out of the running, but I'll be the first to admit the team struggles against Psyspam if Celesteela is weakened, and Celesteela + Kyogre is really the only way you'll beat HO so wariness is key
Team 6 has my heart with Aegislash if Team 4 didn't already steal it first. Not much time to test sadly but I have had little issue, barring a CM Arceus-Ground that I misplayed heavily against for obvious reasons (who expects that???)

TL;DR my vote belongs to Team 4 due to being the most effective team to make TTar shine instead of just sitting on the bench

Last edited:
And that the end of round #5. And looks like we have a tie for runner-up. In that case, both teams will win second place.
The winner of Round 5 (Tyranitar) is BlameTheBlax. Your team will be added to the team archive within a few hours. Congratulations!

Runner-ups:
  1. Holy Ghost:
  2. ImIsaP:

Last edited:
Super busy with college move-in and work study but I'm gonna post a pre-built team of mine since this is my favorite mon. (If I can't do that just give me likes then ignore me)

Basically this team relies on Palkia Primal Groudon and Xerneas to pressure Balance, Stall and Offense respectively while never really being dead weight versus styles they don't beat. Palkia is z-heal block, Primal Groudon is rocks + toxic and Xerneas is scarf while the rest of the team has fairy standard sets. Zygarde-C, Arceus,-Water and Celesteela form a really solid defensive core especially whit the support of the first 3 team members.

Palkia @ Psychium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Heal Block
- Fire Blast

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 152 HP / 236 Atk / 44 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Toxic
- Fire Punch

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam
- Protect

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Tail
- Glare

Last edited:
Well since Palkia is one of my favorites, maybe I’ll give it a go too.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Spore
- Rapid Spin

Palkia @ Psychium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Heal Block
- Fire Blast

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Rock Tomb

Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Iron Tail

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 168 HP / 240 Atk / 36 SpD / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Rock Tomb

It’s a simple team with webs and 2 wallbreakers, Mega Lucario and, of course, Palkia. meargle sets up webs and Stealth Rock, as well as spins off any entry hazards. Palkia is the main guy here, with z-heal block raising its special attack by two stages. Its speed problem is taken care of by Sticky Webs. Primal Groudon + Mega Lucario helps to defeat Fairy-type threats like Xerneas and Arceus-Fairy. Marshadow acts as a spinblocker to help keep the webs out there. And lastly Life Orb Yveltal helps to taunt support Arceus formes to prevent them from defogging the webs and also to help defeat Mrshadow and other Ghost-type threats. Rock tomb on both Primal Groudon and Marshadow help to reduce speed in case webs are removed from the opponent's field.

Hope you liked the team and may the best teambuilder win.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)