Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Not really a creative set since this has been around ever since sun and moon came out (I think flaming victini used it in one the first week of spl), but more of an underrated set. While way more situational than the swords dance set, choice scarf allows tapu bulu to reliably check ash gren, preventing gren from sweeping as long as it stays above 40% hp. It can also get you some surprise ohkoes on a protean gren who thinks it can ko you with gunk shot/ice beam.
It also offers a very decent electric check , ohkoing tapu koko or mega manectric with wood hammer after rocks dmg, and even ohkoing koko from full hp if grassy terrain is up (if you manage to bring bulu on a double for example).
Finally it also acts as a lure for mons who usually outspeed it, such as mega charizard y or mega medicham.

Obviously this is a very niche set since you usually want a scarfer who can outpseed and ohko a +1 volcarona as well as stuff like +1 zard or mega alakazam, but if your team happens to be prepared for those (volc being the big one here) , I think scarf bulu is definitely worth considering.

replays : http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-598623520

Scarf bulu is able to revenge kill a +0 zard x as well as to take down the ennemy koko and scarf lando-t, allowing my mew to win the game. For anyone wondering why koko stayed in turn 19 I think he predicted stone edge.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-598639799

Turn 11, bulu lures mega medicham and the opponent gets mad and forfeits.

edit : here is the flaming victini replay http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7pokebankou-234961

Last edited:
Z-Wild Charge Tapu Koko

Tenshi Koko (Tapu Koko) @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Taunt / Thunder(bolt)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Wild Charge

This isn't your little sibling's playthrough physical koko, or some gimmicky mean look koko (that doesn't even run electric STAB wtf). This is a (st/w)allbreaker with a legitimately good offensive matchup!

It's simple: lure bulky things like av magearna or muk-a and blast them with some surprise physical damage and clear the way for others, like a kinGGdra or zard-y. Taunt afterwards if you wanna keep stuff low, but koko can pick off whatever is weakened anyway. You can opt to tbolt/thunder for a multitude of reasons, such as bluffing a standard offensive pivot set and letting koko lure, then ko chansey.

vs chansey
On the switch: 4 SpA Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Electric Terrain: 91-108 (12.9 - 15.3%) -- possible 7HKO
252 Atk Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Electric Terrain: 520-613 (73.9 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tapu Koko U-turn vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 93-110 (13.2 - 15.6%) -- possible 7HKO
gg, chansey stays in and dies to thunder(bolt) or u-turn, or stays low for the game and gets picked off later.

vs AV magearna
252 Atk Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 200 HP / 0 Def Magearna in Electric Terrain: 348-411 (99.1 - 117%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

vs AV muk-a
252 Atk Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Muk-Alola in Electric Terrain: 501-589 (121 - 142.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

vs unaware bold clefable
252 Atk Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable in Electric Terrain: 345-406 (87.5 - 103%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

vs sableye-m
252 Atk Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 116 Def Sableye-Mega in Electric Terrain: 295-348 (97.3 - 114.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

vs CB tyranitar
252 Atk Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar in Electric Terrain: 363-427 (106.1 - 124.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Because of the threats it can lure and take care of (av magearna, ttar, chansey, etc), this set fits like a glove on rain teams. Good partners are pretty much the rain squad. Kingdra strongly appreciates the removal of lured threats, torn-t can stallbreak along with koko and beat the grasses that give this koko set nightmares.

Replays: to be added. Didn't want to spoil the tech until now ;)

EDIT: changed koko spread to max atk, as the opportunity cost to losing max spA is negligible and going max atk nails some ohko's for z-wild charge. Added a mega sableye and a clefable calc too.

Last edited:
zelec koko, specifically the set you listed, runs max attack. the whole point (as you rightfully said) is to lure fat spdef shit like chansey and av magearna. running max attack allows you to almost always ohko max hp magearna (96-115, 75% ohko), and to deal upwards of around 75% to chansey, forcing it out or putting it in range of another wild charge, completely avoiding the need to toy with rolls. furthermore, running max attack guarantees the 2hko on standard mew, which, considering one round of leftovers recovery, your spread cannot do.

it is without a doubt a very cool set, but max attack is far more favourable for the aforementioned specific scenarios, and just other shit in general, considering koko's vastly superior attack stat. thunderbolt just acts as a filler stab move with decent power that you can use in scenarios that you don't want, or cannot allow, koko to get worn down, such as vs. greninja.

Last edited:
To add to this, Electrium Z Koko does not have much opportunity cost in going from max special attack to max attack. HP Ice still 2HKOs Lando after Leftovers, Zygarde gets 2HKO'd if uninvested, and Chomp dies in two as well. Thunderbolt smacks anything weak to Electric, same as always.

As for the stall matchup, Z Wild Charge from max attack Koko can potentially OHKO standard Mega Sableye and Unaware Clef. Very nice if Chansey has already been dealt with, since these are the only members of the standard SPL stall that can hope to take on Tapu Koko should Chansey be KO'd.

For some teams Koko's longevity may not be a priority, meaning Thunderbolt will be less appealing. Taunt or Nature's Madness are decent alternatives. Wild Charge, U-Turn, and HP Ice are non-negotiable, and in most scenarios Thunderbolt is the best fourth move. Thunder instead if on a rain team, of course.

Hello, the archive is updated.

I would like to thank everyone in this thread for submitting their sets. I am being much more conservative in adding multiple sets into the archive. Now, explanations:

__
Double Dance Mew is a fun set and it seems like an underrated gimmick. I would like to wait on adding this as I want to see if offensive Mew make a splash in the next couple months. Thank you for posting this.

Chesto Berry + Rest Landorus-T seems interesting, but it is often outperformed by Leftovers sets which have the option of using a more useful moveslot in Protect or U-turn.

Double Dance Magearna is popular in tour play and on the ladder, but I am unsure about this EV spread. Losing to Choice Scarf Garchomp after a Shift Gear boost is kind of saddening, especially considering your replays do not showcase Aurora Veil being paired with it. Such a spread is often just inferior to the standard set of max / max Timid with Electrium Z.

Dual Hazards Greninja will be added because Toxic Spikes on Greninja is seeing use on the ladder and in tour play, paired with or without Life Orb, Choice Scarf, or Spikes. It is effective due to how good Toxic Spikes are in the metagame, creating deadly combinations with Electric- and Water- types, most notably the cheese that is Vincune. This is added to the archive.

Z-Dig Greninja, Ice-type move Marowak, and Braviary are very cool. Often outperformed by regular Protean sets, another moveslot (Swords Dance is the big one because of how dominant stall is at the moment) on Alolan Marowak, and just another Flying-type in Braviary's case, but yea, I appreciate your posts. Very nice creativity.

Porygon2 outside of Trick Room is hot! I am a bit skeptical, however, because of how Porygon2 never does anything in practice as we have seen in P2's non-Trick Room use in SPL and how it didn't do anything. If it does make a small splash in the future, I will consider adding this.

Camerupt is some flames. Thanks for posting this.

Expert Belt Zapdos was added due to bulkier team's dominance in the metagame and being a sure-fire way to eliminate disgusting threats such as offensive Landorus-T. Your explanations, replays, and optimal EV spread shows your knowledge on the metagame. I will be adding this set.

Choice Scarf Tapu Bulu is honestly a mediocre set in reality, only initially hyped with SM in general during Week 1 of SPL (might be Week 2). It doesn't have many qualities making it worth using over its offensive sets. Thanks for posting though.

I would add Z-Wild Charge Tapu Koko, but your odd EV spread, description, and lack of Taunt on the set makes me double think before adding it to the archive. Fix the set and PM me so I can look at it later.
__

Don't let this discourage you from posting your creativity as I have only added sets that have been popularized in tour play and on the ladder, establishing its credibility as a set. In Zapdos's case, bulkier teams are really just a flexible playstyle and the use of Expert Belt shows this which is why I added it even if it may not have been used in tour play.

Being added to the archive does not really mean much when you think about it. It's just a collection of sets that have been popularized in multiple scenes. Like I said, don't let this demotivate you and others from posting your fun sets. Even I use them for fun when I am on the ladder, but in the end, I have to acknowledge their use as fun gimmicks.

Lastly, I am happy to see how this thread has been going because of the history of how these creative sets threads have been full of shitty memes, hostile responses, etc., so thanks!

Last edited:
Stallbreaker Zam

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock/psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off

Old good ORAS set, but it really put in work right now. Standard SPL stall is almost 6-0 by this mon (if dugtrio is groudium Z ofc). Knock off + psyshock deals with chansey (focus blast also 2hko, but is less reliable), dazzling gleam 2HKO sableye, psychic murks clefable. Whole team gets 2HKO so it is really hard to deal. Due to impressive speed tier dugtio have hard time trapping it. One can also run regular zam, but mega is overall more reliable choice.

It is worth noting that most BO teams rely on AV tangrowth and AV Magearna (sometimes AV torn) to check special attackers. If you use zam to knock them down they have really hard time with it and it's teammates. Personally I like to pair it with Ash gren because it beats most common ash gren counters (toxapex, amoonguss, tangrowth, chansey, venusaur, magearna)

Sample replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-598956345

AntiVoltturn Zam

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Set that is designed to CT all tryhard volturn teams. Common trait with these teams is using something like scarf greninja. You can easily pair it with rocky helmet garchomp/ferrothorn. You scout for u-trun and if that's case you switch into your punisher. IIRC if rocks are up they take half on their hp just by touching rocky helmet mon and switching. It is also helpful if they bring up other scarfers faster than alakazam like keldeo, terrakion, garchomp, or if they bring in fake out mon like Loppuny or medicham.

HP fire is for scizor, common mon in volttrun cores.

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature

- Nature Power
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Filler

Ok, Camerupt is not a first mega option, however, the metagame is kinda kind with him. Steels and Fairy are extremely common and moreover, terrains are everywhere, thank them, he freely disposes of its "new" toy: Nature Power.

Grassy terrain:
252+ SpA Sheer Force Camerupt-Mega Nature Power vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Pelipper in Grassy Terrain: 206-243 (63.7 - 75.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Sheer Force Camerupt-Mega Nature Power vs. 252 HP / 4+ SpD Mantine in Grassy Terrain: 155-183 (41.4 - 48.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Sheer Force Camerupt-Mega Nature Power vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash in Grassy Terrain: 430-506 (141.9 - 166.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Sheer Force Camerupt-Mega Nature Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados in Grassy Terrain: 227-268 (68.5 - 80.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Sheer Force Camerupt-Mega Nature Power vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Suicune in Grassy Terrain: 396-468 (98 - 115.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Electric terrain:
252+ SpA Sheer Force Camerupt-Mega Nature Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Charizard-Mega-Y in Electric Terrain: 404-476 (136 - 160.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Sheer Force Camerupt-Mega Nature Power vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash in Electric Terrain: 215-253 (70.9 - 83.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Sheer Force Camerupt-Mega Nature Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Salamence in Electric Terrain: 275-324 (83 - 97.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Misty terrain:
252+ SpA Sheer Force Camerupt-Mega Nature Power vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 336-396 (93.8 - 110.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Camerupt-Mega Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 328-388 (91.6 - 108.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Sheer Force Camerupt-Mega Nature Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Salamence: 386-456 (116.6 - 137.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Sheer Force Camerupt-Mega Nature Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latias: 256-302 (85 - 100.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Lure Ferrothorn

Ferrothorn (M) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock/Spikes
- Leech Seed/Spikes
- Knock Off/Gryo Ball/Power Whip
- Bulldoze

If you'd like to run Ferrothorn as your hazard setter but are too scared of being trapped and killed then this is the set for you. This EV spread guarantees you kill uninvested Heatran and 156 HP / 0 Def Magnezone, which is the bulkiest I've seen people using as well as SpD Heatran with Stealth Rocks. Bulldoze also has niche uses preventing pokemon like Garchomp, Tyranitar-Mega Bisharp from setting up on you.

88 Atk Ferrothorn Tectonic Rage (120 BP) vs. 156 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 320-380 (100 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
88 Atk Ferrothorn Tectonic Rage (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 340-404 (105.2 - 125%) -- guaranteed OHKO
88 Atk Ferrothorn Tectonic Rage (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 340-404 (88.3 - 104.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-601724325
I have no idea why he taunted but most people expect you to switch to Pelipper here and either Stealth Rocks or Toxic

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-601740932
Without Bulldoze Swords Dance / Shadow Sneak Gallade-Mega would have swept me.

"Optimized" Spdef Excadrill set

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 172 HP / 176 Atk / 116 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Not to much different, just enough to out speed this spread of lando-t so you can rapid spin if you choose to sac excadrill for some reason Against Lando
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Nature:Impish

It also has Hp to match max invested base 100 hp mons and an ok amount of spdef. I say ok amount because Excadrill is a bit more pressured by Latios specifically if its played around well enough, but the other mons spdef Drill switches into, it still can switch in to them with relative ease
Latios Calcs:
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 172 HP / 116+ SpD Excadrill: 152-179 (37.6 - 44.3%)
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Hidden Power Fire vs. 172 HP / 116+ SpD Excadrill: 190-224 (47 - 55.4%) -- 34.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 129-152 (31.9 - 37.6%) -- 3.2% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Magearna, Magnezone, Clefable, Tapu Koko and Gengar still pose no problem to this set. With Magearna and Gengar you obviously still have to look out for their fighting coverage. I would post calcs but that just make my post longer. *Edit, I forgot about clef running flamethrower more commonly these days. I do know Drill is not a 100% switch in to clef this gen.

the attack can be changed, but this spread allows excadrill to pressure Ferrothorn a bit more than the standard spdef set would

176 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 108-127 (30.6 - 36%) -- 98.3% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock, 1 layer of Spikes, and Leftovers recovery

Lastly, heres a replay where the speed investment in Excadrill kind of mattered
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-602172190

Nihilego @ Black Sludge
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 208 HP / 48 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Power Gem

252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 208 HP / 252+ SpD Nihilego in Electric Terrain: 140-165 (34 - 40.1%) -- 37.4% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Extrasensory vs. 208 HP / 252+ SpD Nihilego: 174-205 (42.3 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 208 HP / 252+ SpD Nihilego: 118-139 (28.7 - 33.8%) -- 97.8% chance to 4HKO after Black Sludge recovery

48 SpA Nihilego Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Kartana: 324-384 (100.6 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
48 SpA Nihilego Power Gem vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zapdos: 186-222 (48.4 - 57.8%) -- 49.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
48 SpA Nihilego Power Gem vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Charizard: 388-460 (107.7 - 127.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
48 SpA Nihilego Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Ferrothorn: 156-188 (44.3 - 53.4%) -- garunteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Intro: So with my recent return to Pokemon, I became extremely infatuated with Lusamine. She is, in my opinion, the best evil leader in Pokemon. I also saw Nihilego, and became infatuated with it as well. It is easily my favorite UB, since it plays such a huge role in the story of Pokemon SM. I also noticed that it was in the OU meta, which absolutely made my day, but I noticed one thing. Everyone was running it offensively, while it had nearly the same stupid HP and SPDEF stats of Chansey. I decided that I would come up with a set that would show the defensive power of Nihilego, which is what this post is about.

Moveset: When it came to the moveset, I wanted it to be run similar to Chansey, but with the ability to OHKO certain Pokemon that would threaten a team that a typical Nihilego would be run on.

HP Fire: Added to check Pokemon like Kartana, Ferrothorn, and Scizor on Switch-In.
Stealth Rock: Added for Entry Hazards, making this a good lead.
Toxic: Added to deal residual damage over time. For Pokemon that are not effected by Toxic, they are checked by PG and HPF.
Power Gem: Added for a strong STAB rock type attack, that is garunteed to OHKO Charizard Y, and 2HKO Zapdos at Max HP + SPDEF.

Here is a replay of it working exactly as it should: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-602269783

Counters to this set: Any Physical Attack, pretty much takes this Pokemon out in 1 shot, so that is the only downside to using it. Like I said above, it's basically Chansey with a higher Base Special Attack stat.

Happy battling!

Grassy Seed Necrozma

Necrozma @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rock Polish
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Charge Beam / Moonlight

The justified reintroduction of Necrozma to the Viablity Rankings and this post from p2 made me want to try out Necrozma again.
The item of choice is Grassy Seed to get an instant Defenseboost which also increases the Base Power of Stored Power. Because Necrozma is grounded, it enjoys some recovery from the Grassy Terrain which together with the Defenseboost makes it very easy to setup with.
The EVs maximize Necrozmas physical Bulk while outspeeding Jolly Azumarill and Mega Alakazam at +2.

What makes Necrozma special is its access to Stored Power, boosting options and its damagereducing ability against supereffective hits. Because of the Defenseboost, Rock Polish is used over Iron Defense. The last moveslot is teamdependant:
a) If Necrozma is used on Alolan Ninetales HO, I recommend Charge Beam to cover Greninja and some other Dark Types. The bulkboost from Aurora Veil makes Moonlight not necesarry most of the time and Moonlights recovery gets reduced by Hail.
b) If you want to use this Set outside of Aurora Veils offense, Moonlight is a possibility to 1v1 other bulky CMers such as Reuniclus, Clefable, Magearna and 1v1 Celesteela.

252 Atk Landorus-Therian Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. +1 248 HP / 156+ Def Necrozma: 160-190 (40.3 - 47.8%)

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Dark Pulse vs. +1 248 HP / 0 SpD Prism Armor Necrozma: 184-217 (46.3 - 54.6%)

252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Play Rough vs. +1 248 HP / 156+ Def Necrozma: 144-171 (36.2 - 43%)
+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Sucker Punch vs. +1 248 HP / 156+ Def Prism Armor Necrozma: 223-264 (56.1 - 66.4%)

0 Atk Scizor-Mega U-turn vs. +1 248 HP / 156+ Def Prism Armor Necrozma: 85-100 (21.4 - 25.1%)

Last edited:
Isn't Hidden Power Fighting unobtainable on Necrozma as it's supposed to have 3 perfect ivs guaranteed because it's a legendary?
You are totally right my friend. I actually had Charge Beam but thought about HP Fighting hitting TTar as well. But Ill change it back to Charge Beam, thanks for this

Toxic Mega Scizor

SWAGSCONI (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Defog
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Hey guys, the set I want to show you today is Toxic Mega Scizor, which I used against Aurious during round 1 of WCoP.
I believe Toxic Mega Scizor is incredibly strong. I used it because my team needed a bulky defogger and Mega Scizor is a really good choice because it can defog on every hazard setter bar Ferrothorn and Heatran. Toxic allows me to Defog against Mew and Protect+Leftovers Landorus-T, which is becoming a common trend nowadays; Toxic helps me in not losing ppwar against it, and also against Hippowdon that, once toxic'd, he can't ppstall defog without losing health. Besides this, Toxic Mega Scizor is able to cripple several teams if played wisely; for example, it can Toxic a Zapdos switching on it, and it can be useful to check set-up sweepers as Zygarde, Gyarados and many others.

WCoP Game - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-294672 (if toxic didnt miss on mew then i wouldnt have had rocks pressure for almost all game since scizor wouldve won the 1v1 against mew)

Waterium Z RestTalk Araquanid

Recommended Spread:

Araquanid @ Waterium Z
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Liquidation
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Spread used in replays:

Araquanid @ Waterium Z
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Liquidation
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Note:
Recommended spread outspeeds Clefable and other defensive mons like Chansey and Tang, and has enough HP to take three Seismic Tosses. If you are afraid of Brave Bird Skarmory+Dugtrio, investing enough speed for Skarmory is also fine. At that point you might as well use max Speed. The defensive Calcs provided are considering the spread used in the replays.

This Set can freely switch into Pex, Tangs, Mews and other passive mons (without being burned) and even some offensive ones such as Weavile, Mega Swampert and Zygarde.

Rain Dance into Z-Liquidation is the crux of this Set and it is an incredible tool to weaken or even killing Waterresists such as Pex and Ferrothorn. If it is Physdef Toxapex, spamming Liquidation during Rain is recommended to fish for Defensedrops (20% chance) before you click the Z-Move.

RestTalk offers you the ability to switch into Toxics and be a solid Stallbreaker. Dugtrio cannot trap you thanks to the resistance to Earthquake. Water Bubble makes sure, you are immune to Will-o-Wisp which makes Araquanid an amazing Mega Sableye Antilead. It also halves the damage of Firemoves, which makes Araquanid one of the best offensive Heatran switch-ins. I made this mistake when I was first using this mon, but do not click Rest during Electric or Misty Terrain.

Against very offensive teams, it is recommended to just fire off the Z-Move. It will kill every offensive mon in the game as long as it does not resist the move. Against defensive teams, you can afford to Rain Dance first as your opponent is forced to switch into his Waterresist.

Without Rain:
252+ Atk Water Bubble Araquanid Hydro Vortex (160 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 324-384 (90.5 - 107.2%)
252+ Atk Water Bubble Araquanid Hydro Vortex (160 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 398-470 (111.1 - 131.2%)
252+ Atk Water Bubble Araquanid Hydro Vortex (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 264-312 (92.6 - 109.4%)

With Rain:
252+ Atk Water Bubble Araquanid Hydro Vortex (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory in Rain: 326-386 (97.8 - 115.9%)
252+ Atk Water Bubble Araquanid Hydro Vortex (160 BP) vs. -1 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex in Rain: 236-280 (77.6 - 92.1%)

0 SpA Toxapex Scald vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Araquanid in Rain: 30-36 (8.9 - 10.6%)
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Dark Pulse vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Araquanid: 174-205 (51.6 - 60.8%)
252 Atk Swampert-Mega Waterfall vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Araquanid in Rain: 117-138 (34.7 - 40.9%)
252 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Water Bubble Araquanid: 66-78 (19.5 - 23.1%)

Last edited:
Waterium Z RestTalk Araquanid

Araquanid @ Waterium Z
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Liquidation
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Outspeeds AV Tangrowth, rest into Atk and HP.

This Set can freely switch into Pex, Tangs, Mews and other passive mons (without being burned) and even some offensive ones such as Weavile, Mega Swampert and Zygarde.

Rain Dance into Z-Liquidation is the crux of this Set and it is an incredible tool to weaken or even killing Waterresists such as Pex and Ferrothorn. If it is Physdef Toxapex, spamming Liquidation during Rain is recommended to fish for Defensedrops (20% chance) before you click the Z-Move.

RestTalk offers you the ability to switch into Toxics and be a solid Stallbreaker. Dugtrio cannot trap you thanks to the resistance to Earthquake. Water Bubble makes sure, you are immune to Will-o-Wisp which makes Araquanid an amazing Mega Sableye Antilead. It also halves the damage of Firemoves, which makes Araquanid one of the best offensive Heatran switch-ins. I made this mistake when I was first using this mon, but do not click Rest during Electric or Misty Terrain.

Against very offensive teams, it is recommended to just fire off the Z-Move. It will kill every offensive mon in the game as long as it does not resist the move. Against defensive teams, you can afford to Rain Dance first as your opponent is forced to switch into his Waterresist.

Without Rain:
252+ Atk Water Bubble Araquanid Hydro Vortex (160 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 324-384 (90.5 - 107.2%)
252+ Atk Water Bubble Araquanid Hydro Vortex (160 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 398-470 (111.1 - 131.2%)
252+ Atk Water Bubble Araquanid Hydro Vortex (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 264-312 (92.6 - 109.4%)

With Rain:
252+ Atk Water Bubble Araquanid Hydro Vortex (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory in Rain: 326-386 (97.8 - 115.9%)
252+ Atk Water Bubble Araquanid Hydro Vortex (160 BP) vs. -1 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex in Rain: 236-280 (77.6 - 92.1%)

0 SpA Toxapex Scald vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Araquanid in Rain: 30-36 (8.9 - 10.6%)
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Dark Pulse vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Araquanid: 174-205 (51.6 - 60.8%)
252 Atk Swampert-Mega Waterfall vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Araquanid in Rain: 117-138 (34.7 - 40.9%)
252 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Water Bubble Araquanid: 66-78 (19.5 - 23.1%)

Would it be worth making this faster? Outrunning Chansey and Clefable seems like a good investment from the replays against stall you posted. Araquanid can even go up to 183 so you can even beat most Skarm if you think that's worth it but having no bulk doesn't seem great so you can probably just aim to get the jump on Clef and then throw the rest in bulk which I think will be enough for your purposes of eating a hit or two from Greninja and friends. SR Clefable sets have been seeing more and more usage on bulky offense/balance teams so I think this'd make Araquanid better as a whole and really leave no room for stall to pull any shit against it with the two pink blobs. Alomomola is 166 if you want to consider that, I think you'd still have just enough bulk. Really cool set though, I like it a lot, thanks for posting

Would it be worth making this faster? Outrunning Chansey and Clefable seems like a good investment from the replays against stall you posted. Araquanid can even go up to 183 so you can even beat most Skarm if you think that's worth it but having no bulk doesn't seem great so you can probably just aim to get the jump on Clef and then throw the rest in bulk which I think will be enough for your purposes of eating a hit or two from Greninja and friends. SR Clefable sets have been seeing more and more usage on bulky offense/balance teams so I think this'd make Araquanid better as a whole and really leave no room for stall to pull any shit against it with the two pink blobs. Alomomola is 166 if you want to consider that, I think you'd still have just enough bulk. Really cool set though, I like it a lot, thanks for posting
Yep, it is definitely worth making Araquanid faster. While a slow and bulky spread still gives you a solid Stall Matchup, a faster spread makes the Matchup much easier. I actually wanted to post a faster spread, but since the replays had a slow spread, I just posted the slow spread. I will add a recommended spread on top of the spread used in the replays.

As you have suggested, I would consider the spread that barely outspeeds Clefable the best one. That way you still have enough HP to eat three Seismic Tosseses. If an opponent in a tournament is known for using Alomomola, more Speed is also viable.

Thank for your comment :)

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I think creeping Clef is the best option. I don't think outspeeding Skarm is the right choice in general because Skarm is primarily used alongside Chansey on stall, and not being able to take 3 tosses is pretty detrimental to this set's stallbreaking ability. 104 HP EVs gets you to 303, so if you want to creep even further you could go down to 301 but I wouldn't go below that.

Actually, one spread that might be worth considering is 96 HP, 248 Attack, and 164 Speed. This spread gives you 301 HP but also 161 Speed. That means in a pinch, you could Z-Rain Dance and boost to 241 Speed. This would be a really niche situation but here you could outspeed neutral natured max speed base 70s (which don't really exist atm), but you also outspeed Pokemon that creep them (like defensive spreads on base 100s such as Zapdos) and max timid Magnezone. Again, this benchmark isn't nearly as common as last gen and you wouldn't want to use this at times when you need to use Hydro Vortex but the 4 missing Attack EVs will almost never make a difference.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Regardless of Z-RD or not, if ur gonna creep uninvested 60s and have 2 HP points to spare idt you lose anything by investing 8 more EVs into speed to get the jump on neutral nature Celesteela anyway, which is just generally nice on the off chance someone brings a random EQ variant for hitting Tran. It can't really do anything to Araquanid, but getting off a Liquidation before it can click Leech can't hurt, and I'd be very surprised if it suffers from losing 2 HP points when it still hits the desired SToss benchmark anyway.

Two really cool sets I've been using recently:
Fat Zard X

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful
Nature
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Punch
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

This thing is a fantastic special wall. It comes in on Zard Y, magearna, volcarona, celesteela and most greninjas. Laughs in the face of grass and electric types, meaning Lando-Tang-VoltSwitch cores, get to take a guaranteed flare blitz. With roost, the chip isn't all that painful. With SD, it also acts as a breaker and beats most common Char X switchins with thunder punch. Additional speed is optional to creep some inevsted Ttars, for example, but you're never beating ttar 1v1 anyway. Some example calcs:

252 SpA Magearna Twinkle Tackle (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Charizard-Mega-X: 255-301 (70.8 - 83.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Shattered Psyche (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Charizard-Mega-X: 235-277 (65.2 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Charizard-Mega-X: 122-144 (33.8 - 40%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (has to watch out for the albeit crappy DPulse)
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Charizard-Mega-X in Sun: 63-74 (17.5 - 20.5%) -- possible 5HKO EATS IT.
252+ SpA Celesteela Supersonic Skystrike (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Charizard-Mega-X: 177-208 (49.1 - 57.7%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Charizard-Mega-X: 79-94 (21.9 - 26.1%) -- 6.2% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Charizard-Mega-X: 144-169 (40 - 46.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (scarf keld only)

I felt obliged to include some other calcs to show what it does back:
8 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 301-355 (96.7 - 114.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
+2 8 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Tapu Fini: 314-370 (91.5 - 107.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 8 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 198-234 (65.1 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
8 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Celesteela: 410-486 (103 - 122.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If rain, lead Zard and Bop pelipper with TPunch as they try to uturn on you.

1v1, it also takes a lot of special nukes
252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Charizard-Mega-X in Psychic Terrain: 264-312 (73.3 - 86.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Takes non-groundium eartquake from Dug as well, so you can play around sash variants. There's some EV optimization to be done here. Some can go back into Def

Of course, for Charizard to do its job, you need hazard removal, which leads me to:

Chubby Kartana

Kartana @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Leaf Blade
- Defog

Kartana is low-key the best defogger in the tier right now. It comes in for free against ferrothorn (unless weirdo T-wave sets) and gives rain a ton of trouble. Even uninvested, its power will scare off most non-physical walls. It provides great dual utility between being a great defogger that doesn't let setters back in, as well as always threatening to clean late game with beast boost+SD. 348 is a tough speed tier for most teams to deal with, especially when their answers are usually exploitable scarf users. Why the HP investment with lefties? It gives you Zygarde/Lando/Chomp switchin that can take 2 ground attacks and usually threaten back with Leaf blade. Lefties makes hazard clearing way more reliable. Doesn't care about most Ttars (I used scarf bulu to check mega ttar with fire punch).

You can see some of the dual fire-water-grass/steel-dragon-fairy cores that you can combine these two into. Great with grassy terrain support.

Replays:
Kartana Plunders
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-611717168
Zard Walls
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-611734288
Dumb dugtrio play, but Zard blows the team open. Skip to turn 20 to save yourself from no liquidation drops.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-611808018
These two dismantle the opponent's webs offense
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-611826824
Close game vs trick room. Zard eats Fleur Cannons for breakfast
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-611829896
After a really bad start, Zard carries me.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-611843152

Same team. robopoke 's arquanid set paired with banded rhyperior dismantles semi-stall
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-611801745

Last edited:
Stall Breaker Clefable

Having problems with Spl or Ilovepinkmons Stall? Want a quick answer to slap on your team and 6-0 93.75% of the time?
Well look no further, than ' Stall Breaker Clef ™ '. An all inclusive package to beat any stall (BAN ME PLEASE) opponent using Spl or Ilovepinkmons stall.
In all seriousness though (and I don't mind stall as a play-style, its just a joke dammit) heres the set;

The Set:

Clefable @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 88 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Set Details:

At first you're probably confused by the offensive nature of the evs and nature with a Life Orb, over the standard defensive spreads and items for cm sets, then you look down and see stored power, a gimmick from gen6, supposedly being able to beat stall. But with a few circumstances on current stalls, this set has crept up again, but this time can back up its statement about being able to '6-0 stall'. The offensive Spatk investment + Life Orb allow Clefable to Ohko Spl Stalls 248 HP / 56 SpD Toxapex with Stored Power, and after Toxapex has gone, there is nothing left on the stall to deal with Clefable and stop it from setting up, as Skarmory doesnt run Whirlwind, and the Haze user has been vanquished. The 8 speed is to outpace anything speed creeping Clefable, but more importantly, allow you to Soft-Boiled up Vs Unaware Clefable before they hit you with a Moonblast, either reducing the threat of crits, or allowing to Soft-Boiled up after being released from Dugtrios trapping.

Damage Calc:

+2 88+ SpA Life Orb Clefable Stored Power (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Toxapex: 304-359 (100 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 88+ SpA Life Orb Clefable Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 176+ SpD Zapdos: 253-298 (65.8 - 77.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

88+ SpA Life Orb Clefable Stored Power (260 BP) vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Unaware Clefable: 285-335 (72.3 - 85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

88+ SpA Life Orb Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dugtrio: 207-243 (102.9 - 120.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 SpA Unaware Clefable Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 108-127 (27.4 - 32.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252 Atk Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 160 Def Clefable: 145-172 (36.8 - 43.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Dugtrio Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 160 Def Clefable: 261-307 (66.2 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

How to Use:

Spl Stall:
From turn 1, you lead with Clefable and you Calm Mind up immediately. Then they either stay in like a mad man to knock, or switch out, but this second turn you Calm Mind up again and seal the fate of the match as you can calm mind up a third time if they stayed in, or you are now +2 Calm Minds on the switch and are able to Ohko Toxapex or set up on anything else. However, if you want to play it safer, you can force a defog or recovery, and gain to Calm Minds from that.

Ilovepinkmons Stall:
As Discharge paralysis is a threat that potentially allows the opposing Unaware Clefable to stall you out, its best to get up 2 Calm Minds as fast as possible to pressure Zapdos, as you are doing over half damage to the standard spread. You can also try get Clefable Toxic'd, but beware of Skill Swap Chanseys, as this will force you to switch. Its best to try get cms through pressuring with hazards.

Problems with the Set:

Teambuilding:
This comes with many problems as it does benefits but the main and most obvious problem is building it into a team, as it doesnt provide much outside breaking stall, although the Life Orb + Spatk investment allow it to use fewer cms to do more damage, the drop in defence is noticeable, you aren't switching in to any of your usual switch ins. Heres a team a built with it in for an example of how it could be used: https://pastebin.com/DkEuV8k7

Mad Players:
You'd expect the opposing play to protect with there M.Sableye, but if they for some reason Knock turn 1, then switch out to Toxapex, you've lost the game, as getting up 3 cms to beat Toxapex before it hazes you will be near impossible if the opposing player is competent.

Stall Variations:
If the Toxapex is Spdef, so they aren't Ohkoed by the Stored Power, Whirlwind Skarmory and you lose all your boosts, or many other unexpected variations that can either set you back or stop you completely from breaking the stall.

Replays:
Excuse my generally bad plays in some of these, I almost choked one away as I got carried aways :o

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-617277255 - Ilovepinkmons

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-617282830 - Spl

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-617288136 - Spl

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-617293965 - Spl

Last edited:

PQD

I COULD BE BANNED!
Choice Specs Magnezone with Thunder

@

Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire
- Volt Switch​

Despite a bad accuracy, Thunder is pretty cool because it permits to OHKO Celesteela with maxed Special Defense and Bisharp after Knock Off and a lot of others Pokémon. I put 152 EVs in Speed to guarentee that we outspeed Scizor-Mega.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunder vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 422-498 (106 - 125.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunder vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 322-381 (84 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Magnezone Thunder vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Bisharp: 262-310 (96.6 - 114.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunder vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Magearna: 174-205 (47.9 - 56.4%) -- 86.3% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunder vs. 248 HP / 204+ SpD Jirachi: 222-262 (55 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunder vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 280-331 (86.6 - 102.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunder vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Lopunny-Mega: 306-361 (112.9 - 133.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunder vs. 92 HP / 0 SpD Mawile-Mega: 309-364 (117 - 137.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunder vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Alakazam-Mega: 283-334 (112.7 - 133%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunder vs. 112 HP / 0 SpD Heracross-Mega: 283-334 (86 - 101.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

There are a lot of other calcs showing Thunder is better but I think these calcs here are enough.
Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Swords Dance Z-Dig Weavile

@

Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Dig

Ice + Ground is a very cool known coverage. Adding a Ground type move to Weavile permits it to kill a lot of Pokémon which normally block it like Magearna, Heatran and Toxapex. Swords Dance permits to clear properly.

+2 252 Atk Weavile Tectonic Rage (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 584-688 (160.8 - 189.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Weavile Tectonic Rage (160 BP) vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 1168-1376 (371.9 - 438.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Weavile Tectonic Rage (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 1252-1476 (325.1 - 383.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Weavile Tectonic Rage (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 364-430 (119.7 - 141.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

No need to give more calcs I assume...
Weavile @ Groundium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Dig

Last edited:
Knock Off Manaphy

Manaphy @ Psychium Z
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Psychic

This is a nifty manaphy set I've been using that helps to lure a lot of the tiers special walls. Knock off can cripple many manaphy switchins that are reliant on their items: Chansey, fini, AV tang and mag, toxapex (though blind switching into psychic mana is nuts). Most games, you just click knock off if a grass/fat water is on the other team, then next time mana is in, you just set up and break. Z Psychic is also perhaps creative, but I've seen it used before, so I don't want to claim creation. It breaks most neutral targets at +3: suicune, bulu, and fat dragons, notably. If you want to run surf+eball or surf+ice beam over psychic, then I recommend running dugtrio as well. It can trap toxapex after its shed shell is knocked off. Psychic is still best coverage imo -- mega venu is hot hot hot and you're walled otherwise.

Mega latias and ferro are still threats, which is why this set is very good when paired with bug STAB volcarona, who can blow by pretty much the entire tier once pex/ttar and Chansey are eliminated/weakened, thanks to Mana. (Also thanks to manaphys bulk, it can always be used to knock off a scarf in a pinch.)

Don't have the greatest replays atm I'll get a better one tonight.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-618814244

Nasty Plot Z-Hyper Beam Porygon-Z

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Tri Attack
- Hyper Beam

- Thunderbolt / Dark Pulse

Credits go to KuraiTenshi26 for the set in the Lure That Threat thread. This thing is a fucking nuclear missile, and is way better than the Z-Conversion set imo. It's able to OHKO or heavily dent many of the premier walls in OU with Z-Hyper Beam, even when it's not boosted by Nasty Plot. It particularly pairs well with Scarf Keldeo, which appreciates this mon's ability to bust through most of its checks while also handling Gren.

Unboosted:

252 SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 232 HP / 80 SpD Mega Venusaur: 358-422 (99.7 - 117.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Toxapex: 316-372 (103.9 - 122.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 366-432 (85.9 - 101.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 358-422 (104.3 - 123%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Amoonguss: 374-440 (86.5 - 101.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 240 HP / 72+ SpD Mantine: 288-340 (77.6 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 324-382 (80.1 - 94.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Boosted:

+2 252 SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 568-670 (80.7 - 95.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 124 SpD Celesteela: 392-462 (98.4 - 116%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 299-352 (87.6 - 103.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 319-376 (80.1 - 94.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 340-401 (96.5 - 113.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 425-501 (110.3 - 130.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 200 HP / 0 SpD Magearna: 397-468 (113.1 - 133.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
With regards to the stallbreaker Clefable you can also use a Psychium Z set that's still fully invested in defenses - no need for SpA investment. What this does is still allow you to take hits better but Psych Z smacks Toxapex at +1 with Rocks up. Granted this set has a bit more trouble with Unaware Clefable but all you need to do is stall a few of its PP prior (or even just click Moonblast/Calm Mind on some of their Wish/Protect turns). Also a pretty clean way to handle stall and makes up for less offensive presence by taking hits better so you can play it a little more like a standard Clef in terms of checking opposing threats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)