Project Ultra SM Break This Team - WK 48 SKEs tail glow manaphy Rain (Voting)

Paired with a way to check Latios and Volcarona, I feel that a core of Greninja and offensive Landorus-T can be extremely threatening

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Grass Knot

Protean Greninja threatens a 2HKO or OHKO on every member of the team and outspeeds everything besides the scarfer. Grass Knot is to lure the Gastrodon into thinking it's the Greninja check. Expert Belt can be used to a) bluff scarf thanks to the scarf gren wave b) not get worn down. It does, however, make the 2HKO on Celesteela and the OHKO on Latios a roll.

252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Hidden Power Fire vs. 224 HP / 0 SpD Heracross-Mega: 211-250 (59.1 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 44 SpD Celesteela: 205-244 (51.5 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Grass Knot (60 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 359-426 (84.2 - 100%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 299-354 (100 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Volcarona: 382-452 (122.8 - 145.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Gravity
- Stealth Rock / Substitute

Apart from pivoting into Heracross and Garchomp, Landorus is very dangerous for the soul reason that it is difficult for this team to contain without very smart pivoting. I would typically run Jolly, but Adamant is okay against this team. Gravity is to beat Celesteela and SSSS nukes pretty much anything that isn't Celesteela. If well played, Landorus can grab a handful of teams versus this team. Substitute is a good option due to the fact that pivoting is made much harder for the opponent

252 Atk Landorus-Therian Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gastrodon: 423-498 (99.2 - 116.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gastrodon: 241-285 (56.5 - 66.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Celesteela: 258-306 (64.8 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Cool core, but I'd like to offer some constructive criticism.

Grass Knot is useful for taking Gastrodon out, but I find its usefulness in other situations somewhat questionable. For instance, it has difficulty dealing notable damage to Tapu Fini or Rotom-W. I wouldn't know if this core would be helpful in situations outside of Gastrodon. I mean, sure, it'll handle Gastrodon great, but I wouldn't know about handling other meta threats. People may want to run another move in its place – for instance Spikes, which is more generally useful.

sorry if i'm coming off like a bitch because i am critiquing your project, but why request cores? some of the nominations make me cringe. literally people just put two pokemon that break the team next to each other and bs a reason to how they work well together. i think this project should be posting one pokemon versus a core. it would also increase activity in the project because it takes less effort to post.

break this team with a pokemon, not a core.

sorry if i'm coming off like a bitch because i am critiquing your project, but why request cores? some of the nominations make me cringe. literally people just put two pokemon that break the team next to each other and bs a reason to how they work well together. i think this project should be posting one pokemon versus a core. it would also increase activity in the project because it takes less effort to post.

break this team with a pokemon, not a core.
Nothing wrong with Critiquing the project, I welcome it but I find it odd your advocating for people to put less effort into there posts and the fact you seem to need to state the word bitch. Why the need for word bitch in a pokemon forum. Anyway I may just be misreading but I have a few points.

1. If your worried about the quality posts why dont you point out the flaws in the core's and offer up alternatives. It would go along way to improving the standard of work. I'm always encouraging debate yet few take up the offer
2. Last time massive changes were made at the behest of a prominent player (ORAS version) postings droped significantly and I'm not going to do that again unless a Mod asks me. I'm open to changes tho and willing to do away with the mandatory cores as there are some cases where a single pokemon can break a team but I need more convincing other then ''less effort''.
3. I'm not changing break this team into break this core. That's an entirely new concept and I believe something like that existed in ORAS anyway where you would find a weakness and then patch it. Maybe thats something you could run

Anyway I'm not going to clog up this thread if you want to discuss further PM me please or talk to Bludz if your reservations are that strong

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Wild Charge
- Hidden Power Ice
- Taunt
- U-turn

Megacham's role should be fairly self-evident: Get in, click moves.
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Thunder Punch vs. 224 HP / 4 Def Heracross-Mega in Electric Terrain: 181-214 (50.7 - 59.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 224 HP / 4 Def Heracross-Mega: 156-184 (43.6 - 51.5%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 310-366 (99.6 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 251-296 (80.7 - 95.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Thunder Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona in Electric Terrain: 290-342 (93.2 - 109.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gastrodon: 483-568 (113.3 - 133.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 369-435 (103 - 121.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Ice Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 568-672 (158.6 - 187.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Celesteela in Electric Terrain: 296-350 (74.5 - 88.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Celesteela: 256-303 (64.4 - 76.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 213-251 (71.2 - 83.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 88-104 (29.4 - 34.7%) -- 7.9% chance to 3HKO
Tapu Koko, as always, supports Megacham. The team's switch-in for it is Gastrodon; Koko U-Turns out into Megacham, which gets a free HJK. The Z-Wild Charge set is chosen here because it's fire for its improved matchup vs. Volcarona and Mega Heracross, which are not forced out by the pivot set and might stay in. Taunt is great versus the team, doing SOMETHING versus almost every member.

252 Atk Tapu Koko Wild Charge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona in Electric Terrain: 288-339 (92.6 - 109%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

It also outspeeds Latios, coming in on 3 of its 4 moves (including Draco, the one that can revenge Megacham) and pressures it pretty well with U-Turn, leaving it vulnerable to any non-priority move from Megacham.
252 Atk Tapu Koko U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 170-200 (56.4 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It still struggles vs. Garchomp, but honestly Garchomp is not hard to switch into.
Big thanks to CreatorOfChaos for testing these out! I used a modified Kokocham team I got from the bazaar; I made modifications primarily for the sake of adjusting the team to my overall tastes, and not as a counterteam.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-609837438 When Garchomp is taken by surprise on Turn 7, the team lost its primary speed control, giving Koko and Megacham a lot of flexibility with their moves. On Turn 13, nothing wants to eat a move from Megacham, so Mega Heracross does. On turn 19, Koko comes in for free on Latios's Draco, then forces it out with U-Turn to bring Megacham in, and then that gets a kill. Koko comes in after a sac on Turn 23, and then on Turn 24, the opponent knows that switching to Gastrodon risks U-Turn into Megacham again, but doesn't know that Gigavolt Havoc OHKOs. Megacham then cleans halfway, and my scarfer can finish the job because Latios was kept low.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-609843656 Here's one in which I lost, but you can see how Megacham can pressure the team with good doubles or U-Turn support. I also did not have Zen Headbutt in these first two games, which would have made Megacham capable of killing Mega Heracross on a few occasions. So I updated the core.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-609843656 On Turn 9, I make the calculated decision to risk ZHB versus Volc (the team can't switch into this specific Volc set very well), and it paid off. Tapu Koko struggles vs. Celesteela cuz I'm a wuss and was afraid to bust out Gigavolt Havoc to get free damage on a Protect. With chip damage and a solid check, Gastrodon can't afford to stay in and take Koko's U-Turns, and Heracross is forced out by Cham's ZHB. I lose Koko on Turn 30 to a mispredict, and +1 Def Celesteela isn't exactly a treat, but Megacham manages to power through despite my expectations. Once it gets back in, nothing can take its attacks and it cleans.

Now, if you can imagine this core in the hands of a COMPETENT player... yeah.

I also noticed that the team had trouble playing around Ferrothorn with Protect -- Garchomp, Gastrodon, and Latios can barely touch it, meaning it can come in on any of them and click Leech Seed or Spikes (both of which threaten the sweepers). If it runs Protect, it can click Leech Seed vs. Celesteela, Protect once, and be almost healed. I think a Ferrothorn core could potentially give this team trouble.

Garchomp and Latios can definitely be pressure points, so to speak, thanks to their lack of coverage and how easily they can be goaded into using non-damaging moves. That said, I'm not sure there's anything that can surefire crack this team wide open -- it's very well put-together and covers the meta nicely.

FWIW, I'm down with the idea of dropping the requirement down from two mons to one mon. In addition to lowering the barrier of entry and boosting participation, I would definitely prefer to discuss support options over specific cores. It moves the project away from counterteaming and towards getting a broader sense of what certain mons need to break certain kinds of teams.

No I'm not saying turn "Break this Team" into "Break this Core." I'm saying why not just make nominations single Pokemon instead of cores?

The team that was posted is weak to Grass Knot Greninja. So you post Grass Knot Greninja. But why another Pokemon to complement it?

Activity will be higher because you are posting 1 Pokemon vs a core and nominations look MUCH cleaner. I'm not saying change the concept of the project so yes you misread something. It is inviting people to theorymon partners. If a team loses to a core like ZardY + Pursuit then just post ZardY and say use pursuit support. Most teams will lose to something that's not involved in a core. It promotes more thinking which is awesome for these types of projects. Cores are called cores for a reason. They support each other so well they are commonly seen and consistent. So in nominations you see the same core or a created core. And the last one is usually bad for obv reasons. Like I said this is all avoided if you make people post single pokemon not cores.

So again if you don't understand what I am saying Creator of Chaos the project should be "Break this team by posting a Pokemon" not "break this team by posting a core." The concept is the same except nominations are more concise.

And to answer #1 I can debate 70% of the cores posted from each of your weeks. And what is debate in smogon 2017?
Idiocy, circle jerkery, and insults that derail the thread. Changing the direction of the project to this like I said will def. increase activity and, more importantly, QUALITY.
I thought I asked to be Privately messaged!. I'm trying to avoid thread clutter so this is the last time I'll reply here on this matter, PM me if you wish to talk further. On point Insults can be avoided by not replying to them and having a mod remove it. If you dont wish to debate whats posted here thats fine but to claim it leads to such an outcome without trying just sounds like excuse from my perspective. Metal sonic contributed well last week and I didn't see anything resembling what you claim. Yes there are people out there who take criticism badly but there are more who will take the feedback to improve there work like I am now.

On to the main point Your idea definitely has merit and I appreciate the fact you cleared up what you said. I'm open to allowing people to post only 1 pokemon as an addition to what is allowed now. If people think Togekiss solos stall they can post it or that Lando + lele is a better way to beat it let them use that to. I'll talk to random passerby and Bludz about the idea and ''if'' they like it I'll test it when the week ticks over. If it gets approved people will have to properly explain what support said mon needs (I fear it would actually lead to more theorymon otherwise) because its rare for any 1 pokemon to fully solo a team. Anyway Thanks. If you want to talk more on it. PM me

I am submitting Thundurus and Kyurem-Black as my Core.

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

Calcs vs the whole team from Thundurus after a Nasty Plot

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Grass Knot (60 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 541-640 (127.2 - 150.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 224 HP / 0 SpD Heracross-Mega: 356-421 (99.7 - 117.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 356-421 (114.4 - 135.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 759-894 (212 - 249.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 44 SpD Celesteela: 704-829 (177.3 - 208.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 304-359 (100.9 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Thundurus destroys this team when it is at +2 Special Attack OHKO'ing the entire team at +2 Special Attack

Calc: Garchomp vs Thundurus

252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 262-310 (87.6 - 103.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 177-208 (59.1 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Garchomp has to lock itself into Outrage to revenge kill Thundurus when Thundurus is at +2.

Calc: Celesteela vs Thundurus

0 SpA Celesteela Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Thundurus: 82-97 (27.4 - 32.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
0 Atk Celesteela Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 87-103 (29 - 34.4%) -- 5.7% chance to 3HKO

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Freeze Shock

Calcs vs The entire Team with Kyurem-Black

252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Subzero Slammer (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Gastrodon: 594-700 (139.7 - 164.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Freeze Shock vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Gastrodon: 415-490 (97.6 - 115.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Outrage vs. 224 HP / 4 Def Heracross-Mega: 232-274 (64.9 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Subzero Slammer (200 BP) vs. 224 HP / 4 Def Heracross-Mega: 388-457 (108.6 - 128%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Subzero Slammer (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Celesteela: 319-376 (80.3 - 94.7%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Fusion Bolt vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Volcarona: 207-244 (66.5 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Subzero Slammer (200 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Volcarona: 309-364 (99.3 - 117%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Outrage vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gastrodon: 358-423 (84 - 99.2%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Z Move Kyurem Black has the potential to nuke something on this team. After that Outrage and Fusion Bolt 2HKO everything that Kyurem-Black outspeed on this team.

Thanks for reading my post :]

Voting for Core 1 and Core 2.

Cores 3 and 5 didn't really feel like, well, cores. Just pairs of mons that threaten this specific team. Meanwhile, Core 1 has a clear gameplan that exploits Latios and Garchomp well in tandem with the team's otherwise-low Speed. Core 2 correctly identifies Tapu Koko + Fighting-type as a problem for the team.

Thanks for the voting this week. We will count the votes later.

For this week's team, we are breaking BTB's Zard-Y Balanced team. Also for this week, you are allowed to post one Pokemon and describe the support that the Pokemon requires to trouble this team. Remember that you provide reasoning behind your choices (and test it out instead of theorymonning!)

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Soft-Boiled

Dugtrio @ Groundium Z
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Screech
- Stealth Rock

Toxapex @ Eject Button
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Haze

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

This team relies on the wallbreaking power of Mega Charizard Y and takes advantage of the trapping provided by Dugtrio to remove most switch-ins to Charizard. The team is then supported by the Toxapex + Celesteela + Tangrowth, who provides some defensive backbone for the team. Mew is there because of Defog. This team does have a bit of problem with Tapu Koko, Kyurem-B and Heatran although keep in mind that Heatran can be trapped by Dugtrio.

Toxapex @ Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic

Toxapex walls the team's only breaker (Zard Y), and also can do whatever it wants vs. Mew, Celesteela, and opposing Toxapex. The team is reliant on chip damage from these three to handle opposing walls, but Toxapex's Regenerator lets it heal off chip damage free of charge. It also goes to a standstill with Tangrowth, but only if Dugtrio is already KOed and Toxapex can afford to lose its Shed Shell. Because this set lacks Black Sludge, it needs 136 SpD to always live two Fire Blasts after rocks and burn damage.

The team's plan to get rid of Toxapex is to use Eject Button to get Dugtrio in on it, then use Tectonic Rage. If Toxapex carries Shed Shell -- as it will on any team that's serious about winning vs Duggy -- then this doesn't work. Toxic is necessary to actually damage Zard Y, and can do its job because the team has no cleric.

Because Tangrowth and Dugtrio force Toxapex out, at a minimum, it requires a switch-in to these two for support; also, while it can sit in on Celesteela and the opposing Toxapex, it shouldn't be forced to do that.
  • Skarmory handily answers Dugtrio and Tangrowth, defogging or setting hazards or whatever.
  • Mega Sableye eats Tangrowth's moves (including Knock Off) and troubles Celesteela with Magic Bounce, Knock Off, and Will-o-Wisp.
  • Groundium Z Dugtrio is pretty standard for teams, esp. stall teams, that take issue with Toxapex, and since the team's Toxapex is not Shed Shell, it can perform that job here.

Last edited:
Reserving SG + CM Magearna

Magearna @ Electrium Z / Icium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shift Gear
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Usually I don't like putting slashes in the sets I submit, but I have faced this team multiple times with both Electrium and Icium Z Mage, and both are just as effective vs. this team. Mage gets set up opportunity vs. both Pex and Mew, and can easily snowball out of control from there. It needs a Shift Gear to outspeed duggy to prevent it from being trapped though, which can be annoying. Electrium gives it an easier time vs Steela, and Icium gives it an easier time vs Tang. If using Electrium, mons like Mega Pinsir and Scarf Lele are great teammates, as Magearna can blow through Steela for them. If running Icium, CB Zygarde is a great partner as it has no switch ins other than Tang. Spikes support is really great too as it can wear down Pex so it doesn't have to use Gigavolt Havoc to break it. Duggy support is also nice to remove Pex so it can save a Z-
+1 252 SpA Magearna Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Toxapex: 218-258 (71.7 - 84.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes
move for Steela.
+1 252 SpA Magearna Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 408-480 (102.5 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 Atk Celesteela Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 117-138 (38.8 - 45.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+1 252 SpA Magearna Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 210-248 (52.7 - 62.3%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252 SpA Magearna Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 214-252 (52.9 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252 SpA Magearna Subzero Slammer (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 412-486 (101.9 - 120.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Magearna Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Toxapex: 282-332 (92.7 - 109.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

0 Atk Tangrowth Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 128-152 (42.5 - 50.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO

0 SpA Mew Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Magearna: 28-34 (9.3 - 11.2%) -- possible 9HKO

Last edited:

Thundurus @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Fly
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up
Bulk Up Thundurus is able to take advantage of Mew's Defog or set up after forcing out Celesteela, Charizard, Toxapex or Dugtrio. Flyium-Z allows thundurus to KO Tangrowth or Mew depending on the situation. Dugtrio cannot touch Thundurus, and the rest of the team falls to Wild Charge. Thundurus will likely KO itself in the progress of breaking through the team via Wild Charge Recoil, and potential Leech Seed/Will-o-Wisp damage, however it will leave this team heavily weakened.

Hazards. Setting up SR puts pressure on Mew to defog else Charizard will be restricted. Defiant Thundurus in general pairs will Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Sticky Wens, and/or Aurora Veil as well, pressuring defoggers to defog and give thundurus the defiant boost.

Zygarde greatly appreciates either Mew or Tangrowth or both being weakened or eliminated by Thundurus, and can beat the rest of the team save HP Ice from Charizard. Double Dance Zygarde works, and fits on Spike Stack / Aurora Veil Teams where Thundurus would find itself anyways.
252 Atk Thundurus Wild Charge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 330-390 (111.1 - 131.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Thundurus Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tangrowth: 434-512 (107.4 - 126.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252 Atk Thundurus Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Celesteela: 396-468 (99.4 - 117.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

+1 252 Atk Thundurus Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 218-258 (71.7 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 Atk Thundurus Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Mew: 376-444 (93.7 - 110.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Rock Slide
- Extrasensory / U-Turn

Protean Greninja can decimate many teams thanks to its high speed and unrivalled coverage, but it doesn't even have to forgo its current Ice/Dark/Rock standard or run Scarf over LO to wreck this one; with Extrasensory taking the last slot, everything but Celesteela is OHKO'd or 2HKO'd. Support-wise, all it needs is something to deal with Steela - I'd personally recommend a fast Electric-type such as Koko, which would also give Gren the freedom to run U-Turn over ES, as they destroy Tox and form a VoltTurn core with the broken-ass frog.

4 Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 499-593 (168 - 199.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dugtrio: 437-515 (207.1 - 244%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 289-343 (72 - 85.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 237-281 (58.6 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Extrasensory vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 213-252 (70 - 82.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 240 HP / 196 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Scald
- Toxic / Haze
- Defog

Walls Zard Y and Dugtrio, and can freely Defog on them too. Celesteela can't actually do much other than Leech Seed while it risks a Scald burn and chip damage. Same for Tangrowth, which also will just get Toxic'd. Mew wins the 1 v 1 because Synchronize Toxic-ing yourself sucks, but outside of that you wall Mew too.

Only Toxapex can do anything and that's by Toxic-ing you.

Last edited:
Only single mon nominations this week. Interesting. I would like to see a few cores to but the experinment is interesting. Only 1 more day left for nominationg single pokemon or cores to break this team

Thundorous - Tho the physical set is kinda gimmicky the post is really well set out and the team has genuine issue's with thundo. Even just a standard special set with with something to lure tangrowth is good.

Toxapex - Walls this team to hell and back, Needs something to handle Duggy but largely wins through just steady chip dmg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)