Metagame Sketchmons

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I think you are forgetting that if P-Z's sets are combined, they can defeat the entire meta, but P-Z cannot be every set. For example, specs, (the most common in my experience) gets destroyed by every scarfer that can deal damage. Scarfed gets destroyed by any bulkier mons, probably steel types are the best. Setup, while it in theory is godly, the one turn it needs to set up can greatly hinder it when it can be used. Also, fighting stab scarf gren destroys all P-Z's, priority destroys them (after some chip), magrearna should beat them in theory with AAP, etc.

Also, Serperior is nowhere near busted, because of similar reasons above. So many prominent threats in the meta outspeed, and OHKO it, and if not, priority, (after some chip) does too.

Lele can be dealt with, but can be a bit harder. as said before, many threats outspeed a non scarf lele, and while setup can be a bit more difficult, a steel type tanks HP fire, and can usually kill with a steel move.

Note that I didn't bother to do calcs, so feel free to prove me wrong.

I feel that in this meta, anti setup is the most important thing. Specifically, anti speed and anti priority after boosts. My rain team has both swift swim users, and lele to deal with these, but teams without answers are bound to get destroyed by setup spam. Something as simple as protean scarf gren can usually keep people safe from speed, but lele is honestly one of the only viable priority checks.
I appreciate that Porygon-Z can't run all of its sets at once. However Porygon-Z operates by using essentially one move, Boomburst, to cause massive amounts of damage. It's entirely possible to bluff one set when you're running another. For instance; bluffing scarf by spamming Boombursts that show a lack of a boosting item in their damage, when you are really Z-Conversion. And because Porygon-Z is checked differently depending on what set it runs treating a scarf set as specs can lead to you having a valuable offensive mon KO'd while vice versa can lead to your wall being KO'd. Basically nothing can come in repeatedly on Specs Porygon-Z. Magearna technically can (252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Porygon-Z Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Magearna: 154-182 (42.3 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery) but if it takes any damage it stands a very high risk of being KO'd. Offensive teams can revenge Scarf Porygon-Z with an Espeeder or Mach Puncher yes, but PZ has no reason to stay in on an obvious priority attack (and they're usually pretty obvious) and has, at that point, already KO'd something on the opposing team.

Timid Scarf PZ outspeeds every unboosted pokemon legal in sketchmons except lolninjask by one point. It has superb coverage basically only lacking a solid way to hit Steel/Rock types, but it doesn't even need that. It's incredibly easy to run slow pivots + PZ rn and slaughter any team that isn't heavily prepared for PZ. Revenging it isn't really a great option because it can switch out (as I've said) and all you've done is postpone it.

All of its defensive checks need to be at full health to switch into specs with the exception of some ghost types (Sableye-Mega), Tyranitar (252 SpA Choice Specs Porygon-Z Hidden Power Fighting vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar-Mega in Sand: 172-204 (42.5 - 50.4%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock lolwoopsIkidbutitcantakeBoomburstsanyway), and soundproof memes (all of which get pegged by various coverage options).

Serperior has an amazing speed tier at 113, outspeeding the pivotal 110 speed tier which means it outspeeds most of the unboosted meta. By far its most common sketched move is V-Create, one use of which pushes it out of range of standard scarfers other than maybe Torn-T (Scarf Koko runs +attacking stat, usually either Modest or Adamant). V-Create also patches up its defenses making it very difficult to revenge.

Serperior @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature / Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- V-create / Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ground] / [Ice] / Dragon Pulse
- Substitute / Dragon Pulse

OO: Taunt, Glare, Leech Seed
This is pretty much what I think you can expect to see from a Serperior (I'm sure there are points of the set that can be nitpicked). Note Substitute, which makes it even more difficult to revenge, and isn't that hard to set up against a lot of mons thanks to Serperiors excellent speed tier and high base power moves making it an immediate threat. It has the tools to shut down most of its checks if it wants. Hidden Power Ground kills Heatran, Dragon Pulse deals with dragon types not named Mega Altaria, Taunt can shut down most SpD walls (Chansey still gives it trouble unless it runs Leech Seed/Synthesis thanks to insane bulk and Seismic Toss).

Now it obviously can't run all of these at once, and I've found that to be Serperior's biggest flaw both in using it and in facing it: it can't use all the things it wants to at once. It can't have both the power of Life Orb and the survivability of Leftovers. While I find Lefties far serperior (kill me) because you don't kill yourself / put yourself in range of easy revenge killing, not having it nonetheless puts a notable dent in Serperior's firepower... and after all it does only have base 75 attacking stats. I know I said earlier that Serperior is immediately threatening but now I'm going to contradict myself a little by saying that efore its boosted Serperior is pretty weak. It takes two turns to really become a huge problem on the battlefield, and while its not doing nothing in those two turns (its not like other set up where thats the only thing the mon is doing; Serperior is firing off V-Creates and STAB Leaf Storms) its not as threatening as many of the other attackers in the meta ignoring the fact that its setting up in your face.

Basically Contrary is a pretty broken ability on anything that is able to use it well. Serperior isnt broken in standard thanks to its limited offensive coverage and the fact that grass is a pretty mediocre type, but here I think it's worth at least putting on the radar for a ban.

I'm not going to say that much about Lele. Hidden Power Fire isn't much of a thing, because this is Sketchmons, and you can use Blue Flare. Most Lele either run that or Quiver Dance as far as I'm aware, although I think some people run stronger Psychic STABs and I've run Volt Switch. Scarf is the most common item on Lele. It's usually pretty safe to assume Scarf unless you see Life Orb damage, in which case its probably Quiver Dance inb4 i get slaughtered by z move lele. I know Glyx ran Specs.

My problem with Lele is that I find myself coming back to the same couple of mons to check it. Mostly defensive Heatran tbh. I would be open to being educated on how to deal with it better, because I find it the least problematic of the mons I mentioned. However there's no denying its an extremely threatening mon and saying "a steel type tanks HP fire, and can usually kill with a steel move," ignores the coverage Lele commonly runs which bypasses most Steel types. (252 SpA Tapu Lele Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Magearna: 186-220 (51 - 60.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery)

Hide tags are cuz I kinda wrote a lot. I feel like I still haven't given a great account on PZ, so I may edit that later. Thanks for responding tho ^_^
I feel like I should clarify that the only mon I am entirely pro-ban on is PZ atm. The other two I just think deserve the conversation and have been particularly annoying for me to build around.

I appreciate that Porygon-Z can't run all of its sets at once. However Porygon-Z operates by using essentially one move, Boomburst, to cause massive amounts of damage. It's entirely possible to bluff one set when you're running another. For instance; bluffing scarf by spamming Boombursts that show a lack of a boosting item in their damage, when you are really Z-Conversion. And because Porygon-Z is checked differently depending on what set it runs treating a scarf set as specs can lead to you having a valuable offensive mon KO'd while vice versa can lead to your wall being KO'd. Basically nothing can come in repeatedly on Specs Porygon-Z. Magearna technically can (252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Porygon-Z Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Magearna: 154-182 (42.3 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery) but if it takes any damage it stands a very high risk of being KO'd. Offensive teams can revenge Scarf Porygon-Z with an Espeeder or Mach Puncher yes, but PZ has no reason to stay in on an obvious priority attack (and they're usually pretty obvious) and has, at that point, already KO'd something on the opposing team.

Timid Scarf PZ outspeeds every unboosted pokemon legal in sketchmons except lolninjask by one point. It has superb coverage basically only lacking a solid way to hit Steel/Rock types, but it doesn't even need that. It's incredibly easy to run slow pivots + PZ rn and slaughter any team that isn't heavily prepared for PZ. Revenging it isn't really a great option because it can switch out (as I've said) and all you've done is postpone it.

All of its defensive checks need to be at full health to switch into specs with the exception of some ghost types (Sableye-Mega), Tyranitar (252 SpA Choice Specs Porygon-Z Hidden Power Fighting vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar-Mega in Sand: 172-204 (42.5 - 50.4%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock lolwoopsIkidbutitcantakeBoomburstsanyway), and soundproof memes (all of which get pegged by various coverage options).

Serperior has an amazing speed tier at 113, outspeeding the pivotal 110 speed tier which means it outspeeds most of the unboosted meta. By far its most common sketched move is V-Create, one use of which pushes it out of range of standard scarfers other than maybe Torn-T (Scarf Koko runs +attacking stat, usually either Modest or Adamant). V-Create also patches up its defenses making it very difficult to revenge.

Serperior @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature / Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- V-create / Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ground] / [Ice] / Dragon Pulse
- Substitute / Dragon Pulse

OO: Taunt, Glare, Leech Seed
This is pretty much what I think you can expect to see from a Serperior (I'm sure there are points of the set that can be nitpicked). Note Substitute, which makes it even more difficult to revenge, and isn't that hard to set up against a lot of mons thanks to Serperiors excellent speed tier and high base power moves making it an immediate threat. It has the tools to shut down most of its checks if it wants. Hidden Power Ground kills Heatran, Dragon Pulse deals with dragon types not named Mega Altaria, Taunt can shut down most SpD walls (Chansey still gives it trouble unless it runs Leech Seed/Synthesis thanks to insane bulk and Seismic Toss).

Now it obviously can't run all of these at once, and I've found that to be Serperior's biggest flaw both in using it and in facing it: it can't use all the things it wants to at once. It can't have both the power of Life Orb and the survivability of Leftovers. While I find Lefties far serperior (kill me) because you don't kill yourself / put yourself in range of easy revenge killing, not having it nonetheless puts a notable dent in Serperior's firepower... and after all it does only have base 75 attacking stats. I know I said earlier that Serperior is immediately threatening but now I'm going to contradict myself a little by saying that efore its boosted Serperior is pretty weak. It takes two turns to really become a huge problem on the battlefield, and while its not doing nothing in those two turns (its not like other set up where thats the only thing the mon is doing; Serperior is firing off V-Creates and STAB Leaf Storms) its not as threatening as many of the other attackers in the meta ignoring the fact that its setting up in your face.

Basically Contrary is a pretty broken ability on anything that is able to use it well. Serperior isnt broken in standard thanks to its limited offensive coverage and the fact that grass is a pretty mediocre type, but here I think it's worth at least putting on the radar for a ban.

I'm not going to say that much about Lele. Hidden Power Fire isn't much of a thing, because this is Sketchmons, and you can use Blue Flare. Most Lele either run that or Quiver Dance as far as I'm aware, although I think some people run stronger Psychic STABs and I've run Volt Switch. Scarf is the most common item on Lele. It's usually pretty safe to assume Scarf unless you see Life Orb damage, in which case its probably Quiver Dance inb4 i get slaughtered by z move lele. I know Glyx ran Specs.

My problem with Lele is that I find myself coming back to the same couple of mons to check it. Mostly defensive Heatran tbh. I would be open to being educated on how to deal with it better, because I find it the least problematic of the mons I mentioned. However there's no denying its an extremely threatening mon and saying "a steel type tanks HP fire, and can usually kill with a steel move," ignores the coverage Lele commonly runs which bypasses most Steel types. (252 SpA Tapu Lele Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Magearna: 186-220 (51 - 60.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery)

Hide tags are cuz I kinda wrote a lot. I feel like I still haven't given a great account on PZ, so I may edit that later. Thanks for responding tho ^_^
I feel like I should clarify that the only mon I am entirely pro-ban on is PZ atm. The other two I just think deserve the conversation and have been particularly annoying for me to build around.
TBH I don'at really know how to counter your statements, i'm just trying my hardest to put life in the thread. (plz help OM gods) I'm still not sure if I agree with your P-Z statement, because I personally have faced many of them and rarely ever had a problem. I have had a couple issues with Serp and lele before so honestly, I would support their ban over P-Z

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/post-ompl-v-thread.3613648/#post-7492060
I hate making these kinds of posts, but I've dumped a lot of sketch sets that I think are pretty solid in the post OMPL thread and anyone watching this looking for some interesting stuff should go take a look. On a side note I'm gonna try to push people to do a bit of a major VR update, it's so old that Ferrothorn is ranked as an equal to Chesnaught e.e

I don't know if this should be in AAA thread or this thread but since AAA thread hasn't announced it yet, I'll do it first, because AAA + Sketchmons is Leader's Choice of the Month.

And yes, the meta is like the title says, it's a mashup of AAA + Sketchmons, basically your mon can have any ability AND any one move you like, barring banned ones.

Oh i really like this mashup lcotm, opens up for so much possibilities

Heres some potential sets i like that ima drop here

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spectral Thief/Topsy Turvy
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic

Yea nice chansey becomes a hell more annoying with unaware + ss, it can even run topsy turvy to screw set up sweepers over for its teammates to take advantage

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Doom Desire/Rapid Spin
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Now u can use the AAA's staple regenvest mag but with a new nuke stab in dooms desire or as your hazard remover with rapid spin its rlly good

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: Flash Fire/Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Recover/Defog/U-turn/Whatever
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance/Sacred Sword

Hey do u hate doublade from aaa? If u didnt u might hate it now, it now gets the best of both worlds with both recovery and an immunity to one of its weaknesses, u can maybe run it as your defogger or as a regenerator pivot its very versatile

Golisopod @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator/Triage
Adamant Nature
- U-turn/Drain Punch
- Aqua Jet/Swords Dance
- Liquidation
- Leech Life

Yay finally a meta where golisopod can get a better ability and get u-turn at the same time, or maybe you can go wild with a drain punch triage set

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb/Fightinium Z
Ability: Triage/Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Yea this is thundurus from stabmons but on steroids, what even beats this other than fat unawares???

Latios @ Choice Scarf/Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog/Trick

Now latios can finally not be walled by steela/mag by getting blue flare, it also gets a pseudo life orb boost with its new sheer force ability not bad

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Adaptability
Brave Nature
- V-create
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemerang
- Swords Dance

Uhh yea this thing gets a 370 base power stab move that could literally destroy everything under trick room, pack ur flash fire skarm bois

Arcanine @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- V-create/Precipice Blades
- Wild Charge/Flare Blitz
- Close Combat

Its standard altarianite arcanine without the fairy typing and now being able to fire off a nuke in v-create, u might wanna use precipice blades if u dont want to be walled by FF Doublade though

This is probably the wrong place to ask this, but do I have to challenge people to this physically, or can I play with people randomly? I always see a secondary om on the list but never figured out how to play it.

Also,

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- V-create

This thing seems pretty decent, as I see atespeed being a central part of the meta. Thing is, they can't expect you to be QM. What if you're moxie or something? or refirgerate espeed?
It also eliminates steels. :)

Last edited:

Deleted User 350996

Banned deucer.
Hello guys.
Here some AAASketchmons sets I've been working, please let me know if they worth anything:

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Tinted Lens
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Stored Power
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
>> Simple is also an option.

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt
- Shore Up
>> I used a similar set in BH. Now this thing is way more viable.

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Thousand Arrows

>> Isn't it scary as hell ? Now Talonflame doesn't have to worry at all about rocks. Thousand Arrows is mainly for Levitate Heatran (does it exists btw?) and adds good coverage.

This is probably the wrong place to ask this, but do I have to challenge people to this physically, or can I play with people randomly? I always see a secondary om on the list but never figured out how to play it.
You can ask someone in the OM room to play or wait for a room tour to get automatic matches. There are a few "challenge-only" formats on PS! and Leader's Choice is one of them.

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
Oh i really like this mashup lcotm, opens up for so much possibilities

Heres some potential sets i like that ima drop here

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spectral Thief/Topsy Turvy
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic

Yea nice chansey becomes a hell more annoying with unaware + ss, it can even run topsy turvy to screw set up sweepers over for its teammates to take advantage

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire/Rapid Spin
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Now u can use the AAA's staple regenvest mag but with a new nuke stab in dooms desire or as your hazard remover with rapid spin its rlly good

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: Flash Fire/Regenerator
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Recover/Defog/U-turn/Whatever
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance/Sacred Sword

Hey do u hate doublade from aaa? If u didnt u might hate it now, it now gets the best of both worlds with both recovery and an immunity to one of its weaknesses, u can maybe run it as your defogger or as a regenerator pivot its very versatile

Golisopod @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator/Triage
Adamant Nature
- U-turn/Drain Punch
- Aqua Jet/Swords Dance
- Liquidation
- Leech Life

Yay finally a meta where golisopod can get a better ability and get u-turn at the same time, or maybe you can go wild with a drain punch triage set

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb/Fightinium Z
Ability: Triage/Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Yea this is thundurus from stabmons but on steroids, what even beats this other than fat unawares???

Latios @ Choice Scarf/Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog/Trick

Now latios can finally not be walled by steela/mag by getting blue flare, it also gets a pseudo life orb boost with its new sheer force ability not bad

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Adaptability
Brave Nature
- V-create
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemerang
- Swords Dance

Uhh yea this thing gets a 370 base power stab move that could literally destroy everything under trick room, pack ur flash fire skarm bois

Arcanine @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- V-create/Precipice Blades
- Wild Charge/Flare Blitz
- Close Combat

Its standard altarianite arcanine without the fairy typing and now being able to fire off a nuke in v-create, u might wanna use precipice blades if u dont want to be walled by FF Doublade though
Hey, nice sets.
Just wanted to point that Chansey can run Transform to turn into a 704 HP Eviolite-boosted copy of the opponent.
Also that Alolawak can get an even stronger V-Create by using Desolate Land... at this point even Tinted Lens is an option.

Now, i must post a set i really like.

Klinklang @ Focus Sash / Iron Plate
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Bonemerang / Storm Throw / Icicle Spear
- Wild Charge

Technician-boosted Gear Grind hits like a truck and it gets an extra coverage move to abuse it even more.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Tinted Lens
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack / Stealth Rock / Other Filler

This thing is utterly terrifying to any team that can't outspeed it. Nothing short of Intimidate Hippowdon avoids the 2hko on switch in. I like pairing it with a Z-Parting Shot user with Regenerator, both to pivot it in and to give it a second wind when it's almost killed itself with recoil.

I think that if you wanted to run a non-Band set Tinted would not be the way to go, but with Band (or Scarf) its much easier to just clean versus defensive teams when you don't particularly need to worry about resistances.

Tapu Fini @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Quiver Dance
- Protect
- Moonblast

This is a pretty standard set from many metas, and it adapt here well. Quiver Dance lets it survive many attempts at revenge killing. It's main problem is an inability to prevent other QD users like Mew setting up alongside it, which can lead to it being outgunned. An Unaware user like Chansey might be a good idea to run alongside it, or Prankster Haze or Spectral Thief.

BAN ME (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Electrify
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Lol this never actually did anything for me for some reason, but anything relatively fast can use Electrify + Lightningrod and become immune to the attacks of everything slower while boosting. Pair with antipriority or it will just die to the first Triage user it comes across. This should probably be banned.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Bonemerang
- Stealth Rock / Freeze Dry

This set proved a little slow for the meta tbh. I like it though, and its coverage is great (is it my fault Tyler was using a Golisopod ;-;). Ice Shard goes a long way towards fixing its speed problems but comes short of KOing a lot of the offensive threats it would like to, and its attacks fail to dent stall quite enough. I'm not impressed, but I will reserve judgment until later. Maybe a Refridgspeed set would work better?

mamoswine really appreciates Adaptability due to having perfect neutral coverage with its STABs. You can use something like precipice Blades for even more power, a setup move like Dragon Dance or Thousand Arrows for even better coverage to not be walled by levitating Heatrans and similar stuff.

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
assuming the banlists for both AAA and Sketchmons are simultanously in effect...

https://pokepast.es/8a3b461cc92a8948

I have a feeling that this team isn't going to be legal for long due to one of the sets but as of now it's good.

Last edited:

Suicune @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Leech Seed
- Calm Mind
- Protect

You all remember Quiver Dance Pogre in BH? This is essentially the same thing, and it's Transform-proof. One of the most disgusting set I'd say.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Stall is aids in this meta, stuff like Transform Chansey, Recovery PH Tapu Fini and Recovery Doublade is extremely difficult to properly deal with. Will drop some teams I used so far:

http://pokepast.es/1ebc61f764c0da1c

Also a fun Trick Room team that has also been putting in some work:

http://pokepast.es/45acbe47cd466339

Even got a replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7aaasketchmons-625775147

Basically ban either Transform or Chansey. Maybe look at stuff like Magearna and moves like Quiver Dance too.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
Stall is aids in this meta, stuff like Transform Chansey, Recovery PH Tapu Fini and Recovery Doublade is extremely difficult to properly deal with. Will drop some teams I used so far:

http://pokepast.es/1ebc61f764c0da1c

Also a fun Trick Room team that has also been putting in some work:

http://pokepast.es/45acbe47cd466339

Even got a replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7aaasketchmons-625775147

Basically ban either Transform or Chansey. Maybe look at stuff like Magearna and moves like Quiver Dance too.
I personally think stall is mostly just underprepared for in this meta at the moment. On your first team, for instance, every mon is 2hko'd by the Band Terrakion set I posted a couple posts up (if Doublade was more defense invested it would live or if Buzzwole or Doublade was Intimidate). Not to say it's not a good team, every team is broken by something all that jazz, but I think that currently people are focusing heavily on set up spam, priority, and beating offense, which is what most people are running.

I think once the meta stabilizes a bit more (if it stabilizes a bit more) people will be a bit more prepared for stall. There are a ton of tools to beat stall, such as Mold Breaker set up, incredibly powerful wallbreakers, Taunt on anything you want, etc.

Transform Chansey honestly isn't banworthy at all. Imposterproofing a la BH works, or just switching in something that you don't mind it transforming into. It's not Imposter, you can afford to, say, get a kill against something and then you switch out when Chansey comes in to try to Transform into you. It's not bad, certainly, but its not broken imo.

Infernape @ Expert Belt
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- U-turn / thunderpunch
- Sing

Definitely not the best user, but couldn't something like this effectively break everything once faster attackers/priority users are dealt with? Something speedy that can break Skarm/Chansey.

Unbanning bpass would be so much fun now with so many download/speed boost users that could baton pass :(

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Infernape @ Expert Belt
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- U-turn / thunderpunch
- Dark Void

Definitely not the best user, but couldn't something like this effectively break everything once faster attackers/priority users are dealt with? Something speedy that can break Skarm/Chansey.
Dark Void is only usable on Darkrai this gen. You could use like Sing though

Last edited:
If you try to use it in battle it will fail. Yes you can bring it but no you can't use it. Use Sing. And probably not Infernape.
I was unaware of this. Sorry! Sing probs is better since I can't think of that many viable ghost types.

Infernape definitely was not the right fit, but IDK what would be.

Last edited:
ayyyYYYYYYYYYY

anyone else like me and everyone else in the OM room and not know what the hell to bring to AAA Sketchmons becasue new meta who dis????///////?

Then have I a treat for YOU!

And probably only you.
You're the only one who can see this message.

See, I got bored again in a caffeine-infused boredom-filled library visit and decided to make a quick little compendium (if thats even the word to use) of sets.
Not necessarily GREAT or GOOD sets, but sets I thought up over the course of about 2-3 hours.
Why?
i have no life why are you asking that question

mmk shitposting aside stuff slashed are the abilities, while the things after dashes (-) are the possible moves to sketch. Pick your poison.
I really was like on a good 2-liter of soda of pure caffeine so forgive me for errors and yell at me below.
The formatting got fucked up on the transition from google doc to here so, if some formatting looks off, my bad.

Physical Wallbreakers
Terrakion
Tinted Lens / Adaptability / Scrappy
- Head Smash

Zygarde
Tinted Lens / Adaptability
- Dragon Hammer
- V-create
- Bolt Strike

Buzzwole
Tinted Lens / Adaptability / Triage / Scrappy
- Close Combat
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Extreme Speed
- Drain Punch

Excadrill
Steelworker / Adaptability
- Sunsteel Strike
- Thousand Arrows

Bisharp
Steelworker / Tough Claws / Adaptability
- Sunsteel Strike
- Bullet Punch

Garchomp
Adaptability / Guts
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Hammer

Landorus-Therian
Adaptability / Tinted Lens
- Dragon Ascent
- Thousand Arrows

Tapu Bulu
- Play Rough
- Power Whip
- V-create

Gallade
Download / Intimidate
- Psychic Fangs
- V-create
- Diamond Storm

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Download / Intimidate
- Head Smash
- Play Rough
- V-create
- Swords Dance

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Download
- Extreme Speed
- Fake Out
- Dragon Dance

Mimikyu
Disguise
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat

Physical Setup
Altaria @ Altarianite
Intimidate / Download
- Extreme Speed

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Download
- Head Smash
- Dragon Ascent
- Dragon Dance

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Drought / Download
- V-create
- Sacred Fire
- Fire Lash

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Download
- Megahorn
- Gunk Shot
- Dragon Dance
- V-create (or any of the other physical Fire moves)

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Sand Stream
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Belly Drum

Marowak-Alola
Desolate Land / Adaptability / Tough Claws
- V-create
- Spectral Thief
- Sacred Fire

Excadrill
Steelworker / Adaptability
- Sunsteel Strike
- Dragon Dance

Bisharp
Steelworker / Tough Claws / Adaptability
- Sunsteel Strike
- Dragon Dance

Tyranitar
Adaptability / Sand Stream / Tough Claws
- Accelerock
- Sucker Punch
- Diamond Storm

Swampert @ Swampertite
Drizzle
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows

Jirachi
Steelworker / Serene Grace / Sheer Force
- Sunsteel Strike
- Sacred Fire
- Conversion

Staraptor
Reckless / Magic Guard
- High Jump Kick
- Volt Tackle
- Flare Blitz

Snorlax
Gluttony / Adaptability / Scrappy
- Extreme Speed

Special Wallbreakers
Alakazam @ Alakazite
Psychic Surge
- Psycho Boost
- Blue Flare
- Ice Beam

Greninja
Protean
- Thunderbolt
- Bolt Strike
- Blue Flare

Latios
- Psycho Boost
- Core Enforcer
- Blue Flare
- Focus Blast

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Download
- Fleur Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Blue Flare

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Download / Intimidate
- V-create
- Blue Flare
- Hurricane

Manectric @ Manectite
Electric Surge / Drizzle
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Tornadus-Therian
No Guard / Tinted Lens
- Zap Cannon
- Inferno
- Blizzard
- Magma Storm

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Download / Intimidate
- Draco Meteor
- Core Enforcer
- Blue Flare

Victini
Tinted Lens / Adaptability
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam

Altaria @ Altarianite
Download
- Boomburst

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Download / Drought
- Blue Flare
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Aura Sphere

Gengar
- Moongeist Beam
- Blue Flare

Special Setup
Volcarona
Tinted Lens / Magic Guard
- Blue Flare
- Earth Power

Celesteela
Flash Fire / Lightningrod
- Quiver Dance
- Tail Glow

Tapu Lele
Tinted Lens / Psychic Surge
- Quiver Dance
- Psystrike

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Download
- Quiver Dance
- Tail Glow

Xurkitree
Tinted Lens / Electric Terrain
- Quiver Dance

Serperior
Contrary
- Overheat
- V-create
- Fleur Cannon
- Psycho Boost

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Psychic Surge
- Quiver Dance
- Tail Glow

Latias @ Latiasite
Download / Tinted Lens / Adaptability
- Quiver Dance

Houndoom @ Houndoomite
Drought / Download
- Quiver Dance
- Tail Glow

Gengar
- Tail Glow

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Psychic Surge
- Quiver Dance
- Tail Glow

Hydreigon
- Quiver Dance

-Ate Abusing Things

Aerilate

Landorus-Therian
- Extreme Speed

Gyarados
- Extreme Speed

Salamence
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst

Thundurus-Therian
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst

Galvanize
Tapu Koko
- Extreme Speed
- Fake Out
- Boomburst

Xurkitree
- Boomburst

Thundurus-Therian
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst

Pixilate
Tapu Lele
- Boomburst

Tapu Koko
- Boomburst
- Extreme Speed
- Fake Out

Tapu Bulu
- Extreme Speed

Magearna
- Boomburst
- Extreme Speed

Refrigerate
Weavile
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed

Kyurem
- Boomburst
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

Rotom-Frost
- Boomburst

Tapu Koko
- Boomburst
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed

Poison Heal Fat Shit
just remember this stuff should run Pheal and Toxic Orb. Or just run lefties and use a set above. idc.

Zygarde
- Shore Up

Suicune
- Quiver Dance
- Stored Power
- Leech Seed
- Shore Up
- Whatever makes you more like the devil

Snorlax
- Shore Up
- Extreme Speed

Tapu Bulu
- Shore Up
- Play Rough
- Curse

Yes, I know this isn't EVERYTHING, but honestly if you're gonna complain about some randy like me on day 2 of a meta existing on PS's main server making a bad list because I didn't include your favorite mon (no 12 year old kid Raichu is not viable here), then go send me a PM on PS or Discord... or here I guess???

Or go include it down below in a post and tag me, and I might be willing to update this.
time to regret ever posting this

Last edited:
Does anybody have a good idea for a Mold Breaker sweeper that can beat both unaware Chansey and unaware Skarm?

Breloom @ Rockium Z
Ability: Teravolt
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Spore

This is the best I could think of, but it's dead weight besides the occasional unaware chansey...

Does anybody have a good idea for a Mold Breaker sweeper that can beat both unaware Chansey and unaware Skarm?

Breloom @ Rockium Z
Ability: Teravolt
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Spore

This is the best I could think of, but it's dead weight besides the occasional unaware chansey...
Is Mold Breaker necessary? If so, I've got an answer, but I have a few more that aren't Mold Breaker.

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Quiver Dance
- Roost

Other things you could do that aren't necessarily setup or Mold Breaker are:
- Galvanize Tapu Koko can click Frustration, Extreme Speed, or Boomburst (whichever you are running) and do huge chunks to either.
- Tapu Lele sketching Blue Flare forces both out, and can Calm Mind. Can run Mold Breaker, too.
- Sunsteel Strike Excadrill generally just clicks Swords Dance and then starts nuking things, and doesn't require Mold Breaker. Steelworker/Adaptability are best. You'll struggle a bit to break Skarm, but with a Sunsteel it really will take a huge chunk if it switches in after an SD.

Pixilate Koko can probably break both of them. I ran Band with Bolt Strike as my sketched move (it's probably better off with Fighting-/Fire-/Ground-type coverage), and Pixilate Return will cleanly 2HKO Chansey, and Skarm and Celesteela can't switch in safely. You could run Zap or Pixie Plate, but you need Rocks to get the Chansey 2HKO (and PP Return still has a chance to miss the 2HKO).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)