SM LC Sinister Woods

Jox

LCPL Champion

Sinister Woods
AN LC RMT by 067jox

Hello, my name is Jordi (067jox) and today I made a new RMT. This team is amazing and I used it a lot to find out the sets and combos that work best. I have played now over 1500 LC battles and I've improved a lot since my last RMT so let's get right into it.

Teambuilding Process

I first started with Alolan Vulpix. At the start of Generation VII I thought it would be bad as hell as a hail user with little offensive power, but then I found out that's not the important part. I saw Serene's Grace's team and noticed that the power of dual screens in one turn using Aurora Veil is huge when partnered with Pokemon that can setup or hit hard.

After I had A-Vulpix on my team I thought of things like Shellder, Omanyte, and Corphish. A bulky Water-type sweeper alongside A-Vulpix sounded great, but I looked at the list of LC Pokemon again. I saw Pancham, and realized it's so powerful and bulky, and with access to Swords Dance, it's almost stupid. I decided that I wanted to give Pancham a shot instead.

Next I picked Pawniard. Why not? Pawniard gives me Stealth Rock, discourages Defog (which removes Aurora Veil), can break the Focus Sash of Abra, provides strong priority, and most importantly I like its shiny form! This Pokemon helps the team so much, and I always like to have priority moves on my teams.

After that, I thought of Chinchou. It has nice synergy with A-Vulpix, walls Magnemite and Fire-types types like Ponyta, and it's a generally great pivot with Volt Switch. Furthermore, I wanted a cleric and a Vullaby check. It also has access to Thunder Wave which helps Pancham outspeed Pokemon that are usually faster.

I couldn't help but add Vullaby. It's a nice Foongus switch-in and another great pivot to work alongside Chinchou. Together they form a great VoltTurn core. The team was also quite weak to Ground, so Vullaby fit nicely.

Finally, I picked Snivy. It's a decent switch-in for Mudbray and I enjoy using a Chinchou + Vullaby + Grass-type core in general. Snivy also works well with Aurora Veil and can potentially use it to sweep. It can be very difficult to take out Snivy with Aurora Veil active.

The Team

Glacia (Vulpix-Alola) @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Level: 5
EVs: 52 HP / 200 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Aurora Veil

A-Vulpix is just there to setup Aurora Veil and hit stuff with Blizzard. With a Speed stat of 17 and the ability Snow Warning, it is not bad at all. Blizzard is just a powerful STAB move, Freeze-Dry is for the bulky Water-types that can switch in, and I use Hidden Power Fighting to OHKO Pawniard.

Hunter (Pancham) @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 180 Atk / 100 Def / 212 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Swords Dance

So Pancham is the late-game cleaner. With incredible bulk and 18 Attack it can destroy teams. When Aurora Veil is active it's easy to set up Swords Dance, and after that Pancham can KO many Pokemon that just can't touch you. I run 11 Speed to outspeed Spritzee and tie with most Snubbull. Pancham can then KO them with a +2 Gunk Shot (or +1 after Snubbull's Intimidate).

240 SpA Abra Psychic vs. 0 HP / 212 SpD Eviolite Pancham through Light Screen: 9-12 (39.1 - 52.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
240 SpA Life Orb Abra Psychic vs. 0 HP / 212 SpD Eviolite Pancham through Light Screen: 12-16 (52.1 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
236 Atk Life Orb Doduo Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 100 Def Eviolite Pancham through Reflect: 16-19 (69.5 - 82.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Hustle Rufflet Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 100 Def Eviolite Pancham through Reflect: 16-21 (69.5 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Pawned (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Pawniard provides Stealth Rock and discourages Defog with Defiant. I run standard Eviolite Pawniard with Iron Head, Knock Off, and Sucker Punch because it gets the job done well. Sucker Punch is a nice last resort if things go wrong, and Knock Off is great for removing Eviolites.

Night Light (Chinchou) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 148 SpD / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

Chinchou is just here to pivot around and take some hits, then restore its HP with Berry Juice. A lot of people dislike my Chinchou EV spread, but I think it works well. This spread lets it outspeed or tie with Nasty Plot Vullaby and then cripple its Speed stat with Thunder Wave. It can also survive one Energy Ball from Abra and then recover with Berry Juice. This is the spread I usually use on my teams, and I suggest you try it out.

Kenny (Vullaby) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Atk / 236 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog / Knock off

I wanted Vullaby for another pivot and a somewhat decent Fighting check. I think defensive Vullaby is a great pivot and it can bluff offensive Vullaby. Brave Bird is just a very powerful STAB attack, U-turn is to pivot around, Roost is for reliable recovery and Defog is for hazard removal. Knock Off is an alternative option because Defog removes Aurora Veil and this team isn't weak to Sticky Web. Feel free to change it to fit your playstyle.

Banana (Snivy) @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Glare / Gigadrain
- Substitute

I chose Snivy as a second sweeper because it shares checks with Pancham. They both struggle versus Foongus, Vullaby, Croagunk, etc. They work well together and form a great offensive core. Leaf Storm allows Snivy to sweep with Contrary, Hidden Power Ice is for Vullaby and Foongus (it removes them for Pancham), Glare can help out Pancham with its Speed problem, but Giga Drain can also be nice if you are at +4 and don't want to risk a miss. It also provides recovery. Finally, Substitute works quite nicely with Aurora Veil and Eviolite because you can tank damage and get up a free sub.

Threads
Offensive Fire-types that are paired with Diglett can be a problem. Scarf Vulpix, Life Orb Houndour with Flame Charge, and even standard Ponyta are all threats. You need to play careful with Chinchou. Expect double-switches into Digett and go out into Vullaby instead of Chinchou when you can so that Chinchou can't be trapped by Diglett.

Wallbreaking Fighting-types like Life Orb Mienfoo and Dragon Dance Scraggy can also be a problem just because Vullaby isn't too great of a Fighting check. Be careful with it and don't let it faint too soon. If Mienfoo kills a Pokemon, you can just go out into Pancham and try to KO it with Drain Punch.

Shoutouts
ItzViper482 for being my first and best friend on Showdown.

Fille You have the same playstyle as me and you keep me sharp with lots of battles.

MeButYou82 If you did not grammar check this... ooh boy. You have taught me and helped me with so much things outside of Showdown like how to record with OBS and making crazy ass layouts for my videos.

Black Hokage Serp, I know your going to be an amazing player if you keep battling and learning.

Skyee Thank god you're back.

AD Thunderboy I barely know you but I can learn a lot from you for sure.

Nineage Always enjoy building with you, we should build more though :P

Fiend You actually gave me the idea to build around Vulpix and Pancham, so I gave it a shot and here it is.

PD If you ever need a team, we can always build man. You're an amazing battler and that's why I respect you tbh.

Plasmagby You're a fantastic person to know and a great player.

Serene's Grace You gave me the idea to build around A-Vulpix so thank you. :D.
Other awesome people that help me build or just keep me happy to build / play pokemon in general.
blinkboy Infamy Pikasohn EpicBradley129 Eniigma @Oneword MapleView MK007 rhydonphilip Not Shawny kushal00 GrootFromDidney dsr95 CandleJack Midnight Howl
[\hide]

Team data
Glacia (Vulpix-Alola) @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 52 HP / 200 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Aurora Veil

Hunter (Pancham) @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 180 Atk / 100 Def / 212 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Swords Dance

Pawned (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Night Light (Chinchou) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 148 SpD / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

Kenny (Vullaby) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Atk / 236 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Banana (Snivy) @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Glare
- Substitute

Youtube video of the team

Last edited:
Great team dude! I remember when you used pancham in gen 6 and I'm glad youve utilized it to its full potential again this gen.

Some things that might be fun to try with diglett and scrag being an issue to this team would be pump over snivy as a more defensive option and also a switchin to HJK's or Gastly as a more offensive switchin to HJK's but you do lose the ability to switch snivy into mudbray. The fairum z gastly set especially might be useful for this team to help one shot bulkfoo and timburr who I see becoming issues for pawn especially.

Overall though great team! I absolutely love it.

Edit : Fixed a typo

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)