Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Arena Trap is gone, and what I noticed is that Heatran and Choice Band Tyranitar are roaming around again.
I mean, Heatran was always a thing but especially after Dugtrio lost its viability, it now started eating all stall (which should be non-existent at this point) using Substitute + Leftovers sets which does p well against the rest of the meta.

Because of this, some people I know say, "Magearna tends to run Fightinium Z to Lure and KO Heatran". I personally disagree with this. Other relevant Steel-types like Ferrothorn, Scizor, or Jirachi don't enjoy losing momentum if it switches on Volt Switch, and stuff like Chansey can be turned into a setup fodder if Magearna carries Pain Split (which I think is totally fine due to it not having reliable recovery options outsides Leftovers and such move).

So, is Fightinium Z Magearna the set that is actually viable, or is it just a gimmick that doesn't work well against anything except luring Steel-types?

Fightnium z magearna is mainly used with shift gear to sweep. Fightnium z allows it to Ohko steels like heatran and ferrothorn that it otherwise couldn't to activate soul heart to snowball. It is magearnas second best set right now.

Zapdos w/ a Timid nature, 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd Life Orb Ancient Power: OHKOs Volcarona, Discharge: OHKOs Greninja-Ash vs. standard Leftovers 248 HP 8 Def OU Roost + 3 Attacks 75% chance to OHKO, OHKOs Charizard-Mega Y vs. standard Leftovers 248 HP 8 Def OU Roost + 3 Attacks guaranteed 2HKO, and Hidden Power Ice: 81.3% chance to OHKO Zygarde vs. standard Leftovers 248 HP 8 Def OU Roost + 3 Attacks guaranteed 2HKO: Why isn't Ancient Power and Life Orb preferred over OU Roost + 3 Attacks?

Zapdos w/ a Timid nature, 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd Life Orb Ancient Power: OHKOs Volcarona, Discharge: OHKOs Greninja-Ash vs. standard Leftovers 248 HP 8 Def OU Roost + 3 Attacks 75% chance to OHKO, OHKOs Charizard-Mega Y vs. standard Leftovers 248 HP 8 Def OU Roost + 3 Attacks guaranteed 2HKO, and Hidden Power Ice: 81.3% chance to OHKO Zygarde vs. standard Leftovers 248 HP 8 Def OU Roost + 3 Attacks guaranteed 2HKO: Why isn't Ancient Power and Life Orb preferred over OU Roost + 3 Attacks?
Becuase ancient power with life orb gives up all of Zapdoses defensive utility just for a highly situational move that hits two mons that shouldn't even be switching in anyway.
Edit: I hate auto correct.

Last edited:
I've got a core together, but I've hit a speed bump. I have no idea which Pokemon to add to the team. It seems like almost every team is running Landorus-T and I don't have that or any of the others that are 'meta', but I can do my best to get them. I'm open to every suggestion.

Gyarados-Mega (M) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Level: 50
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Encore
- Moonblast

Marowak-Alola (M) @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Bonemerang
- Shadow Bone

Reactions: Leo

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
I've got a core together, but I've hit a speed bump. I have no idea which Pokemon to add to the team. It seems like almost every team is running Landorus-T and I don't have that or any of the others that are 'meta', but I can do my best to get them. I'm open to every suggestion.

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Encore
- Moonblast

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Bonemerang
- Shadow Bone
Hello, before giving you a proper answer, what format are you playing? The level of your mons make me think youre looking for advice in Battle Spot instead of OU because we use lv100 mons, not lv50.

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Encore
- Moonblast

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Bonemerang
- Shadow Bone
Cool team. Marowak and ninetales would really appreciate hazard removal, and a stealth rocker will make marowaks job easier. Maybe try latias and lando. Also other mons that can abuse veil such as suicune

Hello, before giving you a proper answer, what format are you playing? The level of your mons make me think youre looking for advice in Battle Spot instead of OU because we use lv100 mons, not lv50.
I apologize, for the confusion. I play using the Smogon OU rules with a group of guys on my ship during my deployments. It more of a divisional thing, but I do plan on using the team on PS! to test, thank you for your time, and I look forward to your reply.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
I apologize, for the confusion. I play using the Smogon OU rules with a group of guys on my ship during my deployments. It more of a divisional thing, but I do plan on using the team on PS! to test, thank you for your time, and I look forward to your reply.
Ok, don't forget to set all of your mons to lv100 from now on tho or else you'll be at a huge disadvantage. I see that you paired Mega Gyarados with Ninetales-A for Veil and Marowak as an Electric immunity and a mon that can beat bulky Grass-types for Gyarados. I think Gyara can work with Veil because it's a bulky set up sweeper, but marowak doesnt really synergize well with Veil because its too slow without priority to make up for it and adds another rocks weakness to your team. Since you're using Ninetales-A, you're going to want the rest of your team to be able to abuse Veil, so other bulky set up sweepers like SG CM Magearna or DD Zygarde. This is a cool rmt you should probably read which explains how these mons work and what other mons you can use so make sure to give that a look and good luck

Hello. This is my first day on this forum and the main reason I subscribed is because I wanted to ask a simple question. Why is deoxys d banned? yeah, it has good stats and decent support moves, but it's typing and ability are horrible. This pokemon wouldn't be that used even in OU so I wonder, why is it an Uber? is it a stats thing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)