Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
"A new event has begun around the globe. This event gives the Mega Stones for Mewtwo, the Mewtwonite X and the Mewtwonite Y. This is given with the code: M2DESCENT. Currently there is no end date known for this distribution so be sure to get it while you still can"
~Serebii

So when are Mewtwonite X and Mewtwonite Y being added to Showdown

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
"A new event has begun around the globe. This event gives the Mega Stones for Mewtwo, the Mewtwonite X and the Mewtwonite Y. This is given with the code: M2DESCENT. Currently there is no end date known for this distribution so be sure to get it while you still can"
~Serebii

So when are Mewtwonite X and Mewtwonite Y being added to Showdown
Both megas are allowed on the ubers ladder, but they still are labeled as "unreleased" as of now.

Why isn't Arceus ranked on the gen 4 viability rankings? It's not banned IIRC. And what made Genesect drop all the way down to B+ in XY when it was S rank in BW?

Why isn't Arceus ranked on the gen 4 viability rankings? It's not banned IIRC.
Because 100 evs in each stat limit does it unviable.

And what made Genesect drop all the way down to B+ in XY when it was S rank in BW?

Defog remove hazards since XY to support Ho-Oh, this did Genesect more useless on ubers. Also losing 2 resistances Dark- and Ghost-Type really hurts to him.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
arceus isn't at all unviable when allowed only 100ev per stat in dpp
Why isn't Arceus ranked on the gen 4 viability rankings? It's not banned IIRC. And what made Genesect drop all the way down to B+ in XY when it was S rank in BW?
actually it's cos back in the day, the simulator(shoddy i think) wasn't able to implement the 100ev/stat limitation, so they just banned arceus from dpp ubers, which was then carried forward and is the dpp ubers that most people play today.

the dpp ubers meta in which said arceus is allowed is called farceus

there was a recent finding relating to arceus in dpp ubers tho, and you can read up on it here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/changes-to-arceuss-legality-dpp-ubers-revisited.3593683/

If Greninja and Greninja-Ash both gets banned (let's imagine right now) would both be D rank or stay on C ranks?
The banning of a Pokémon in OU will not affect its viability whatsoever in Ubers. In terms of the ranking list, they will be added to D if they were not previously on the list purely to represent that they are in Ubers.

Is there a reason the mega Mewtwos aren't ranked in the viability thread?
Didn't they get released a while ago?

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is there a reason the mega Mewtwos aren't ranked in the viability thread?
Didn't they get released a while ago?
Scroll up, there was an identical question asked a few days ago.
The topic of these two mega's position on VR will be brought up in a few days.

Feel free to laugh at me for this.

But I want to build a team around Bug Arceus. Swords Dance Bugceus. My proposed set:

Arceus-Bug @ Insect Plate
Ability: Multitype
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense
Jolly Nature

Move 1: X Scissor
Move 2: Recover/Stone Edge
Move 3: Swords Dance
Move 4: Stone Edge/Earthquake/Shadow Force/Shadow Claw (kinda debating this one, suggestions would be welcome)

I know Bug Arceus sucks, but I want to try out something new. There is a legitimate element of surprise in using this thing, and even if that's all it has going for it, I wanna give it a go. Thinking I definitely need solid checks to P Don, Xern, most physical walls, Arceus forms with a type advantage, and tanks such as the Giratinas, Buzzwole, etc. I'm thinking LO Ho Oh and Specs Yveltal make sense as partners, but as far as that goes, what do you guys think would be good teammates for Bugceus?

Edit- I have read the analysis on Smogon's website, just looking for some 2nd opinions here.

UU already had one, OUs is running for some weeks now and RUs is in sign ups. Im talking about the Classic. I know we had a multiple gen Ubers tournament, but its not the same like a classic. Is it possible to make an Ubers Classic as well? RU and UU Classics are gen 4-6 and the top 8 qualify for playoffs. maybe we can adapt that? or even play gen 3-6

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
UU already had one, OUs is running for some weeks now and RUs is in sign ups. Im talking about the Classic. I know we had a multiple gen Ubers tournament, but its not the same like a classic. Is it possible to make an Ubers Classic as well? RU and UU Classics are gen 5-7 and the top 8 qualify for playoffs. maybe we can adapt that? or even play gen 3-7
Arii Stella and I have been thinking of doing an Ubers Classic for a long time now, so I think I can answer this.

UU and RU were not in SPL so they had enough time to do those(akin to how UPL was early last year). Ubers simply doesn't have enough time to do a Classic. UPL ends around first week of June, around which time I think WCoP will have started. Near end of July or start of August Grand Slam also begins, giving a 2-month slot(if we were to ignore the presence of WCoP) which is less than sufficient time to do a Classic(Gen 3-6, idk why you'd have Gen 7 in Classic).

I've discussed this with Arii Stella and Nayrz and they can chime in if they want, but imo anything less than 2.5 months for Ubers Classic means we'll have to do tours within 4 days of each other, thus causing a huge overlap in Round 1 and that becomes a concern for the activity. If we just want a Classic, maybe we could squish it between UPL and Slam, but I don't think it'd be a good Classic.

my bad, i meant ofc gen 4-6 and not 5-7. i think its not a problem if an ubers classic would be on the same time like an official tour like wcop.the uu classic for example started in January, so the same tiime like SPL and there was no problem

Hey, a random question but it's been bugging me. Does anyone know what Reshiram's viability was in BW, before B2W2? Came out? I realize it kind of sucks ever since then, but I'm curious how it fared before Kyu-W competition but I can't seem to find the data on pre B2W2.

Hey, a random question but it's been bugging me. Does anyone know what Reshiram's viability was in BW, before B2W2? Came out? I realize it kind of sucks ever since then, but I'm curious how it fared before Kyu-W competition but I can't seem to find the data on pre B2W2.
Idk about it but yeah. It was well used. I know a set of Reshiram.

Reshiram @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Blue Flare
- Draco Meteor
- Stone Edge
- Sleep Talk

I heard that this thing hits like a truck.

So I have never really played Ubers and kind of want to learn it. I tried making my first team and just wanted some input on if it looks super weak to any of the top threats in the tier that I may be forgetting. And if so are there any easy ways to fix that weakness.

Defensive P-Don
Defog Arceus Water
spikes Ferro
M-Gar
Geomancy Xern
Yveltal (not sure if this should be scarf or orb)

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So I have never really played Ubers and kind of want to learn it. I tried making my first team and just wanted some input on if it looks super weak to any of the top threats in the tier that I may be forgetting. And if so are there any easy ways to fix that weakness.

Defensive P-Don
Defog Arceus Water
spikes Ferro
M-Gar
Geomancy Xern
Yveltal (not sure if this should be scarf or orb)
Hey man, while I appreciate you trying out Ubers and making a team as well, I believe you should start playing it using Sample Teams first to get used to the metagame and such. This will help you improve your building as well since you will know what to threats to look out for and how you can check them using X Pokemon and set.
Sample teams can be found here
Team Building Compendium and Viability Rankings are also some places you can give a read to make sure your team has that's necessary to be a fit for Ubers.
If your looking for a place to get nice cores to built your team around, then Good Cores thread is also a nice place to check out; if you found a good core yourself, feel free to share it there!

But since, you asked for help with building, seeing specific sets, maybe an importable would help me analyse this to give you better advice. From the looks of it, team looks fine but I would make Xerneas Ingrain ZeoXern and Yveltal Choice to fend off SD Groundceus and check Mega Mewtwo X, Y and Ghost-types.

Hey man, while I appreciate you trying out Ubers and making a team as well, I believe you should start playing it using Sample Teams first to get used to the metagame and such. This will help you improve your building as well since you will know what to threats to look out for and how you can check them using X Pokemon and set.
Sample teams can be found here
Team Building Compendium and Viability Rankings are also some places you can give a read to make sure your team has that's necessary to be a fit for Ubers.
If your looking for a place to get nice cores to built your team around, then Good Cores thread is also a nice place to check out; if you found a good core yourself, feel free to share it there!

But since, you asked for help with building, seeing specific sets, maybe an importable would help me analyse this to give you better advice. From the looks of it, team looks fine but I would make Xerneas Ingrain ZeoXern and Yveltal Choice to fend off SD Groundceus and check Mega Mewtwo X, Y and Ghost-types.
Thanks for the reply and your advice! I did just check out that compendium and it is really nice. I was going to start with a sample team but it seemed like everything was either HO or super bulky and I usually like playing with something in between (idk though maybe those are just the playstyles that excel in ubers). Plus I enjoy teambuilding in general.

This actually brings me to one more question though. I saw in the compendium that ferro isn't listed as a xerneas check. can you explain why? I'd assume after a geomancy gyro ball would do a shit ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)