Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 49 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: I just tested this out myself.

In the regular Sun and Moon games, the summary does indeed say "from a distant land".
In the Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon games it says "from the Kanto region" or "from the Johto region".

The Celebi is legit.
How do you get the nature you want on a VC Pokemon game?

In VC games, the last two digits of a Pokémon's exp. points determine the nature upon transfer,
Please find down below a complete list of the digits and their corresponding natures:

Oh god! That explains why no one would be willing to RNG me a shiny unnerve mewtwo with hasty nature. How would you even do that!?

Oh god! That explains why no one would be willing to RNG me a shiny unnerve mewtwo with hasty nature. How would you even do that!?
Hehe~ ♥
It's easy to get the EXP required for the desired nature, but for Shininess it's quite a bit different as you'll soon find out~

According to a few sources, Pokemon obtained in Red, Blue, and Yellow can only become Shiny when traded over to Gold, Silver, and Crystal with specific DVs. As far as I know, said Pokemon must be met under specific circumstances (i.e. starter, gift, interactable (so Mewtwo counts), etc.), and obtaining said DVs is about as random as IVs in future generations (in addition to the Shiny rate in GSC being the usual 1/8192). Ultimately, it comes down to luck whether you actually get those DVs... but certain other unspeakable methods exist that can guarantee those DVs upon transfer without the need to trade to GSC, which is how a fair few people here have obtained their VC RBY Shiny Pokemon.

So, in short, getting the Shiny is really difficult when putting in an honest effort without the use of those unspeakable methods. I hope this answer suffices~ ♥ (and should I have misspoken or left anything out, feel free to correct me)

Hehe~ ♥
It's easy to get the EXP required for the desired nature, but for Shininess it's quite a bit different as you'll soon find out~

According to a few sources, Pokemon obtained in Red, Blue, and Yellow can only become Shiny when traded over to Gold, Silver, and Crystal with specific DVs. As far as I know, said Pokemon must be met under specific circumstances (i.e. starter, gift, interactable (so Mewtwo counts), etc.), and obtaining said DVs is about as random as IVs in future generations (in addition to the Shiny rate in GSC being the usual 1/8192). Ultimately, it comes down to luck whether you actually get those DVs... but certain other unspeakable methods exist that can guarantee those DVs upon transfer without the need to trade to GSC, which is how a fair few people here have obtained their VC RBY Shiny Pokemon.

So, in short, getting the Shiny is really difficult when putting in an honest effort without the use of those unspeakable methods. I hope this answer suffices~ ♥ (and should I have misspoken or left anything out, feel free to correct me)
I finally managed to get a shiny timid unnerve mewtwo from the GTS! It is a french mewtwo nicknamed DeuxMiaou which I found that for the first pokemon movie promotional trading cards of mewtwo were printed to give out to attendees. However for the french version there was an error where the first cards mistranslated Mewtwo's name as DeuxMiaou instead of just Mewtwo. Later cards fixed this issue. I like that I was able to learn more about pokemon and media in general through a nickname. This is why I like collecting nicknamed/punny/reference to other media nicknamed pokemon and nicknaming pokemon and then trading them, so that a person may learn something they did not know before just as I did today.

Last edited:
Back again, and this time I'm looking for Adamant Swirlix w/ Unburden and with Belly Drum. Now..I normally don't care for shinies, but I do like this Pokémon's shiny version. If someone can help me out here, then....WOOOOOOO!

xD

What is the best memory to give Silvaly? Would you be able to change the memory after Type Null evolves? Or is it stuck that way?

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What is the best memory to give Silvaly? Would you be able to change the memory after Type Null evolves? Or is it stuck that way?
There is no clear answer to that question.

The choice of the memory type depends on the team you're using Silvally in, as well as on the role that it's supposed to play on said team.
You can change the memories whenever you want.

I recommend checking out movesets either in the Smogon Strategy Pokedex or in the team showcases that you can find in the different tier sub-forums.
Here are two popular ones for you to try out:

Silvally-Water @ Water Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Parting Shot

Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
EVs: 252 HP / 228 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Parting Shot
- Toxic

There is no clear answer to that question.

The choice of the memory type depends on the team you're using Silvally in, as well as on the role that it's supposed to play on said team.
You can change the memories whenever you want.

I recommend checking out movesets either in the Smogon Strategy Pokedex or in the team showcases that you can find in the different tier sub-forums.
Here are two popular ones for you to try out:

Silvally-Water @ Water Memory
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Parting Shot

Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
EVs: 252 HP / 228 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Parting Shot
- Toxic

Back again, and this time I'm looking for Adamant Swirlix w/ Unburden and with Belly Drum. Now..I normally don't care for shinies, but I do like this Pokémon's shiny version. If someone can help me out here, then....WOOOOOOO!

xD
I’m looking for a shiny swirlix too. Also adamant and belly drum set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)