Short/Long Descriptions are now on the Dex

Sky Drop's description is bad.

- Against Flying-type Pokemon, the move does no damage upon returning to the ground. (Damages Pokemon with Levitate)
- It doesn't work while Gravity is active. If activated while in the air, both pokemon will return to the ground. (In gen 5 a bug exists where the target never returns to the ground, hence why it's banned in gen 5 wifi).
- This move ignores all forms of redirection (Follow Me, Rage Powder, Spotlight)
- If hit by smack down while in the air, the pokemon will not return to the ground, nor be inflicted by the "smack down" status. (not sure about thousand arrows)
- Fails against Substitutes

Im sure there's a bunch more of these that are bad but this was the first one i found and it was frustrating how much was left out so i wanted to post this first. will look at the others later.
ya that's definitely my bad. I included it because it was a 2 turn move and forgot to add in all of its extra stuff. Anyways here are 2 more

Sticky Web: Sets up a hazard that lowers the Speed of each grounded Pokemon to switch in. Z-Effect +1 Speed.

Synchronoise: Damages all adjacent Pokemon that share at least 1 type with the user. Shattered Psyche Base Power - 190

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok few more things to "qc":

Substitute:
- Here's a list of non-sound moves that bypass sub: After You, Aromatic Mist, Attract, Bestow, Conversion 2, Curse, Defog, Destiny Bond, Disable, Encore, Fairy Lock, Foresight, Gear Up, Grudge, Guard Swap, Haze, Heart Swap, Helping Hand, Hold Hands, Hyperspace Fury, Hyperspace Hole, Imprison, Instruct, Magnetic Flux, Me First, Mimic, Miracle Eye, Odor Sleuth, Play Nice, Powder, Power Swap, Psych Up, Reflect Type, Role Play, Sketch, Skill Swap, Snatch, Spectral Thief, Speed Swap, Spite, Taunt, Torment, Whirlwind. We have a list of moves in the description of Assist so this isn't a bad thing to add to Substitute's description as well.

Switcheroo and Trick doesn't work on:
- Arceus holding a Plate
- Giratina holding Griseous Orb
- Silvally holding a Memory

- Genesect holding a Drive

Toxic Spikes only work on grounded Pokemon.

Rapid Spin also removes Leech Seed and frees the user from binding moves. Hazards are not cleared away if the user gets knocked out with recoil damage via Rocky Helmet or Rough Skin (important since so many people keep asking whether this is a bug)

Doom Desire is completely wrong? I think you meant to put the description for Lunar Dance.

There's a bunch of attacks that affect Pokemon who are in the air with Fly and Bounce: Gust, Thunder, Twister, Sky Uppercut, Hurricane, Smack Down, Thousand Arrows, and Toxic when used by a Poison-type gen 6 onwards. If the user gets hit by Thousand Arrows or Smack Down the move will be cancelled. Cannot be used under Gravity.

Dive: Whirlpool also doubles in power. Toxic from Poison types do hit. Pokemon underwater do not take damage from weather.

Dig: Magnitude also doubles in power. Toxic from Poison types do hit. Pokemon underground do not take damage from weather.

Aromatherapy does not heal allies that have Sap Sipper, but will raise its attack.

Burn Up fails if the user is no longer a Fire Type.

For all protect move variants: It doesn't cut the move's success rate BY 33%, it cuts the move DOWN TO 33%.

King's Shield will lower the foe's Attack by two stages even if it has no effect if it makes contact. Although King's Shield is unable to completely protect against Malicious Moonsault, the user of the Z-move will still have their Attack lowered by 2 stages.

The second "Quick Guard" in the description of Wide Guard should be "Wide Guard".

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Ok few more things to "qc":

Substitute:
- Here's a list of non-sound moves that bypass sub: After You, Aromatic Mist, Attract, Bestow, Conversion 2, Curse, Defog, Destiny Bond, Disable, Encore, Fairy Lock, Foresight, Gear Up, Grudge, Guard Swap, Haze, Heart Swap, Helping Hand, Hold Hands, Hyperspace Fury, Hyperspace Hole, Imprison, Instruct, Magnetic Flux, Me First, Mimic, Miracle Eye, Odor Sleuth, Play Nice, Powder, Power Swap, Psych Up, Reflect Type, Role Play, Sketch, Skill Swap, Snatch, Spectral Thief, Speed Swap, Spite, Taunt, Torment, Whirlwind. We have a list of moves in the description of Assist so this isn't a bad thing to add to Substitute's description as well.

Switcheroo and Trick doesn't work on:
- Arceus holding a Plate
- Giratina holding Griseous Orb
- Silvally holding a Memory

- Genesect holding a Drive

Toxic Spikes only work on grounded Pokemon.

Rapid Spin also removes Leech Seed and frees the user from binding moves. Hazards are not cleared away if the user gets knocked out with recoil damage via Rocky Helmet or Rough Skin (important since so many people keep asking whether this is a bug)

Doom Desire is completely wrong? I think you meant to put the description for Lunar Dance.

There's a bunch of attacks that affect Pokemon who are in the air with Fly and Bounce: Gust, Thunder, Twister, Sky Uppercut, Hurricane, Smack Down, Thousand Arrows, and Toxic when used by a Poison-type gen 6 onwards. If the user gets hit by Thousand Arrows or Smack Down the move will be cancelled. Cannot be used under Gravity.

Dive: Whirlpool also doubles in power. Toxic from Poison types do hit. Pokemon underwater do not take damage from weather.

Dig: Magnitude also doubles in power. Toxic from Poison types do hit. Pokemon underground do not take damage from weather.

Aromatherapy does not heal allies that have Sap Sipper, but will raise its attack.

Burn Up fails if the user is no longer a Fire Type.

For all protect move variants: It doesn't cut the move's success rate BY 33%, it cuts the move DOWN TO 33%.

King's Shield will lower the foe's Attack by two stages even if it has no effect if it makes contact. Although King's Shield is unable to completely protect against Malicious Moonsault, the user of the Z-move will still have their Attack lowered by 2 stages.

The second "Quick Guard" in the description of Wide Guard should be "Wide Guard".
did all this + sky drop. thank you for the qc

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
In the future, editing past posts doesn't help me much :/ I'm probably just going to be going through potential QC posts myself to compare to what was originally uploaded, since I do a bit of QC myself during upload as-is regardless. Still, this has made it clear that I should be more vigilant from now on, so I'll be checking more throughly as new moves are added.

Fixed all of DragonWhale's edits that weren't caught during my first upload and also added Sticky Web + Sychronoise.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

OK, so I've finished adding all the Z-Moves and Z-Power Effects to the move descriptions and have added a truncated short description for every move and added a little information for moves here and there.

If anyone has any further suggestions for stuff you feel should be added to the Dex, please drop a post here. I'll eventually be going through and looking for more quirky move interactions and such, ie. move overwrites (Rain Dance canceling out Sunny Day for example) and move and ability interactions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)