RU: 99,724
NU: 45,648
PU: 54,803

Comparing it to the permanent OMs:

AAA: 7,252
BH: 35,798
MnM: 33,100
1v1: 181,287
Dang, I knew the playerbase was large, but not this large. I hope that Shared Power can be revised and be around as a different metagame with the same spirit so that most of this playerbase can stick around c: I liked how Shared Power allowed different mons to give the best aspect of themselves to the team and allow them to rise up in usage (I've never once seen anyone willingly want to use Comfey up until this point), and I hope that a revised meta can keep the same draw it had before; King's Power looks neat, but I wonder if people may find it a bit confusing at first? Shared Power was very simple to understand, so idk if this might affect parts of the playerbase that came to Shared Power due to its simplicity.

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Eh what the hell I'll get into this.

Tbh I've really only played Shared Power for a good month or so, and not really even SP OU; I played it on the Monotype format too often w/ my friends, and that shit is so hard bc it's all matchup based. But now looking at King's Power and how much easier it'll be to balance, I really think is the right step for a metagame like this where you can't really predict how to break any given team or even go about how you would win at team preview.
So If you're asking me, I'd strongly recommend that this new metagame have the king become the mon that is the lead in a battle.

Why?
-It's Simple: Easier to balance, less complex bans, more freedom to run certain moves/mons without the chance of it being exploited.
-Encourages Creative/Diverse Teambuilding: Think about it; many teams in OM's and official formats alike have one dimensional cores/teams; effective, but still very linear. Having a team that can change modes from persay HO to BO or Stall to TR just based on your lead opens up many different ways to beat your opponent or break past certain builds.
-Encourages Higher Levels of Strategy: Kind of a follow up to my last point, being able to have a team that switches modes by its lead mon is super interesting and definitely highlights the competitive aspect of this game that really makes it stand out from certain unappealing usage based tiers.

I liked playing SP, but I wasn't particularly fond of all the restrictions that had to be put in place because of "x" factor or "x" implementation, so I find that Kings Power will be a nice change of pace that still has the main element of SP in a lesser form, while still keeping it very much enjoyable, fun, and competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)