ORAS RU Seasons.

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Introduction.
Hello everyone to my second RMT, since I decided to quit pokémon I thought it would've been nice to post a team before ending my pokémon career! The team is built around special Sharpedo, which just dropped to RU in the last meta shifts, and it was my favourite mon to use back when I started playing RU, so I didn't see any reason to not use him. The team is a balance where Sharpedo acts as a late game cleaner, when the other 5 mons of the team have weakened enough the opposite team.
I've tried this team a bit on ladder and with some friends before posting it and he worked pretty well and I didn't see any glaring weakness, so I guess this can be optimal for ladder runs or some tour matches.

In depth.

Sharpedo | Life Orb | Speed Boost
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Modest
Hydro Pump | Ice Beam | Protect | Dark Pulse

Sharpedo is the late game cleaner, and the base mon of the team. His decent special attack (95) allows him to put a dent in physical tank like Alomomola, Aromatisse and some other pivots like Tangrowth with his STABs or coverage. The EVs spread is self explanatory, max spa and speed in order to be as dangerous as possible. Protect allows Sharpedo to get a free speed boost and can scout choice locked mons in order to get an advantage on the opponent :)

Aromatisse | Leftovers | Aroma Veil
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD | Bold
Wish | Protect | Aromatherapy | Moonblast

Aromatisse was added to patch up the Sharpedo fighting weakness and to give it some defensive support because it has really bad defensive stats. Aromatisse role in the team is really important, it has to keep Sharpedo and the other members of the team healty with wishes and aromatherapy, and since the team is pretty fighting weak it also has to be played well to keep it alive for all the match. The EVs spread is done in order to increase his defense to the maximum, so Aroma can check fighting types and some other physical threats easily.

Ampharos | Choice Specs | Static
96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe | Modest
Thunderbolt | Volt Switch | Focus Blast | Hidden Power Ice
Ampharos is another cool drop. It has a good offensive typing and a decent movepool which allows it to pass through almost all the electric checks in the tier, like Steelix, grass types, Flygon and many others.
Its role in the team is to weaken bulky waters for the Sharpedo late game sweep. It also put a lot of works againist more balanced builds because it can 2HKO every special sponge that kind of team has, and Volt Switch can be pretty annoying because the momentum can let a threat get a free switch. The given EVs in speed allow Ampharos to outspeed Seismitoad while keeping a decent bulk. Focus Blast 2HKOes Camerupt and Seismitoad, and OHKOes the Steelix on-site spread :) HP Ice hits dragon and grass types that can check him.

Bronzong | Leftovers | Levitate
248 HP / 168 Def / 12 SpA / 80 SpD | Relaxed
Hidden Power Fire | Stealth Rock | Gyro Ball | Toxic / Earthquake
Bronzong is my check to many threat of the team, Durant and Tyrantrum mainly. It also gives rocks support and can spread toxic on more passive walls. Earthquake can be used over Toxic in order to get some damage on fire types that switches on Zong, but it's based on what do you want more. The given EVs spread allows Zong to take on a +1 LO Durant X-Scissor and can still check some other special threats like Meloetta. 12 EVs in spa allow Zong to get a clean OHKO on Durant with HP Fire.

Emboar | Choice Scarf |Reckless
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe |Jolly
Flare Blitz | Wild Charge | Grass Knot | Superpower​

Emboar acts both as a revenge killer and as a potent wallbreaker. His insane power and good coverage allows him to pressure all the Sharpedo checks and many other wall in the tier. Grass Knot also works as a lure to the likes of Seismitoad and Quagsire to let Ampharos press Volt Switch with more ease. Emboar is pretty important in the team because it can act as a secondary late game cleaner in case Sharpedo can't, so avoid to give him too much recoil if you think he can win the game with more ease than Sharpedo.

Glalie | Glalitite | Inner Focus
228 Atk / 28 SpA / 252 Spe | Hasty
Freeze-Dry | Return | Ice Shard | Earthquake

Glalie is the last mon. I felt I needed another wallbreaker with Emboar that shared some checks in order that someone could weaken the check for the other. Moveset is pretty standard with Freeze-Dry acting as a water lure. 28 EVs in spa ensure the 3HKO on Slowking with rocks up, and Glalie can avoid the OHKO from more defensive variants. Return instead Double-Edge because I didn't want recoil to kill him too fast.

Conclusion.
The team overall is pretty solid and I didn't spot any huge weakness, I can check well almost every threat in the tier :) Also I'd like to give a huge shotout to my friends Tricking and Yagura, who helped me grown a lot on this website. I will miss you ;-; Also I'd like to give a shoutout to galbia because he inspired me all the time I played ru and he is the guy I looked up to when I started playing the tier. Also a huge shotout to all the people I met during all this time that I'm too lazy to tag, sorry :(

Sharpedo (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Dark Pulse

Aromatisse (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Ampharos (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Static
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 2 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic

Emboar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Grass Knot
- Superpower

Glalie-Mega (M) @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 228 Atk / 28 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Return
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Last edited:

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender

You are probably the best person I met on PS. I will miss you a lot, but I won't ever forget the time we spent together. However, the team is great and you are an amazing builder, but more importantly, an amazing friend. Farewell, I hope you'll still stick around in future months even though you are not playing anymore.

Thanks and good luck for everything, amik1 :heart:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)