Special Season 2: Revenge Of The Ubers!

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yo if anyone wants it, here's a QR code for the team I got to 1805 with (slighty improved now since I replaced Adamant Salamence with Jolly, which is nice for outspeeding Mega Rayquaza): https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/rentalteam/BT-4A90-B237

Here's how to use it: just log into your PGL account, then scan the code when you're on the ladder. You can also take a screenshot of the QR code with something like a smartphone, so then you don't have to log onto PGL to use the team! Note however, the site generates a unique QR code for every user. This means that code will only work for you. It also has your Global Link id on it, so don't share that screenshot, or a hacker could hypothetically steal your ingame account!

Don't worry though, as long as you don't share a screenshot of a code that will only work with your cart anyways, you'll be fine!

Anyways, big thing this team revolves around is using Normalium Z CM Arceus. This may sound strange, but no one seems to expect it, and as soon as people see Arceus, they switch in something like Celesteela, only to get set up on! +1 Z-Judgment OHKOs Mega Rayquaza and Primal Groudon, and even has a 62% chance to OHKO Scarf Kyogre (note: this Arceus has maximum Special Attack investment).

I'm probably gonna make some major changes to this team set up or use a different team, but this one has done pretty well, so feel free to use it as much as you want!

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Not much discussion going here so I figure it's time to share what I've been running with. I've been very confident in this team right now and it's not just because it's running Mega Rayquaza. Only at ~1650 at the moment but I haven't dropped a game with this yet, planning to get to 1800 eventually but we'll see how motivated I stay.

QR Code
Rayquaza-Mega @ Focus Sash
Ability: Delta Stream
Level: 50
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Whimsicott @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Endeavor
- Memento
- Taunt

Pyukumuku @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Counter
- Soak

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Substitute

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

I think Mega Rayquaza/Celesteela/Scarf Lele is possibly the best core in the format despite Arceus technically getting more usage, they just cover a ton of the format super well and Sash on Rayquaza just makes it a huge threat. Z-Memento is also silly but amazing with Rayquaza regardless of whether or not Sash was broken, while Pyukumuku just checks a lot of stuff like Arceus and Scarf Kyogre and can force trades otherwise with Counter. Soak is also neat against Steels which makes it easier for Mega Ray to tear through opposing Celesteela. Meanwhile Landorus provides crazy power while being a Stealth Rocker that beats Groudon, and gives me another source of power when I don't want to bring Rayquaza along. Honestly the only thing that I'm legitimately wary of is Scarf Kyogre, just because there aren't many good answers outside of Rayquaza and Groudon. Switching into Groudon's Fire moves could also be problematic but I have no trouble actually KOing it. Overall I really like this team, don't think I'll be making drastic changes to it though Pyukumuku could possibly drop Soak and Counter for a Z-Purify option instead, since this team has loads of great potential BP recipients.

This was such a fun format, in contrast to most of the online competitions so far, who were all pretty similar.

Ended up with the aesthetic rating of 1900, with a team built around Z-Judgment Arceus. I tried Theorymon's QR teams some time ago, and was pleasantly surprised by the Arceus set. So I decided to build around it with the pokemon I had, and it turned out quite good. MVP was tied between Celesteela and Arceus. Celesteela was such a monster with toxic, which was needed to not become set up fodder for Salamence.

special season 2.png

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost

Arceus @ Normalium Z
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Recover

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond

Mimikyu @ Focus Sash
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Ferrothorn @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)