SM UU Seaking a Friend for the End of the World

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
RMT.jpg
(^click^)
Hello, my name is YABO. Haven't posted here in quite some time and as such, I've decided to share with you a random combination of 6 pokemon that actually work very well together. I'd been trying to make a sun team for awhile and eventually scrapped what I was working on. Afterwards, I just threw 6 random dudes together and wound up with this. It actually functions very cohesively and gives you ways to outplay pretty much all matchups which is what I like when I'm just messing around on the ladder. Overall, it's a funny team that can win games which is really all you need. I've had success on ladder although I never felt the need to screenshot a peak or anything.

Ninetales @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic

I was working on a sun team prior to making this team so here is the natural starting point. This is a fairly standard set for the most part seeing as Ninetales can run whatever it wants really. Initially I had Hypnosis over HP Ice which was cool for a couple of clutch situations, but ultimately having an extra source of consistent damage versus Gliscor is definitely better. I could run it over Toxic but Toxic helps out Seaking and hits Latias. I've been contemplating running a different EV spread, but you'll notice that I'm far too lazy to optimize EV spreads.

Venusaur @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The second part of the beastly sun core. Venusaur is actually unreal at picking apart pretty much every type of team. Most stall teams are flat out 6-0d, most balances can be broken and then cleaned by something else, and offensive teams struggle with its speed under sun. Typically it takes some maneuvering to get Venusaur in a position to sweep but you can normally find it in the course of a game due to its raw power once it gets rolling. In terms of in depth analysis of this dude, the stall matchups are honestly unfair. The only mons who stand a chance versus Venusaur are Mega Aggron and Muk. Muk takes no damage because its Muk and Aggron takes no damage because its Aggron. However, Aggron needs to have Fire Punch to beat you since Venusaur is so fat and lives Heavy Slam comfortably. You easily tank through Blissey with boosted Giga Drains and can set up with regularity versus Alomomola. Seriously, if you lose a stall matchup with this thing you fucked up somewhere. Balance matchups are great as well. Pokemon like Amoonguss, Latias, and Crobat are all one shotted at +2 by Acid Downpour which more often than not just ends the game right there. Offense traditionally struggles versus weather so I don't think I need to explain that one.

Seaking @ Leftovers
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect
- Knock Off

My previous sun team got bodied by Manectric, and rotom wash is an annoying piece of garbage. Enter: Seaking, the ultimate counter to every electric type (sub cm raikou doesn't count). Now, could I use a Seismitoad and do the exact same thing? Yes, but Seaking is more fun and gives me a psychological edge over my opponents. When they see a Seaking, they either a) don't know what it does or 2) correctly assume I'm a moron who can't play pokemon. While that second assumption is still up for debate, I like to think that I'm at least above average. They normally just don't know that it has lightning rod though. The first iteration of this team used Curse Rest Talk Seaking. I'd prefer not to think about that set anymore, it makes me sad. Switching to the more consistent strategy of clicking Toxic every turn works out far better.

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Heavy Slam
- Power-Up Punch
- Fire Punch

The second star of the team and legitimately the best Aggron set @ me if you disagree but just know that you're wrong. RP PuP Aggron sweeps every team that doesn't have Hippowdon, Alo, or Suicune. This set was first shown to me years ago by a wise user called I Am the Bat, the savior that UU needed. I've used it sporadically ever since, including in UUPL this past season on an ORAS team. This set works best on surprise factor but its ridiculous bulk, even uninvested, lets you set up on pretty much anything you want. You live crazy things like +2 Cobalion CC with no HP at all. Scizor, Beedrill, and Aero all do pitiful damage while you just boost all over them. The inability to muscle past Hippo, Swampert, Suicune, etc, is where Venu and Ninetales come in. You can wear them down with Toxic and whatnot to clear the way for Aggron later. This set also dumpsters Gliscor by the way. If Scor comes in on PuP you just boost and 2hko with Heavy Slam.

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 28 SpA / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm

Very optimized EV spread here. What I did was...I just moved around the sliders randomly actually. I knew this thing needed to be mixed defense so i just put some random evs on. EVs are overrated tbh. In all seriousness though, Diancie is really good. The Diamond Storm buff makes this thing ridiculously tanky. There was one game in particular where my Diancie got to +6 on a Klefki because a Sharpedo and Scizor were both too low to directly switch in.
252+ Atk Iron Plate Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. +4 252 HP / 72+ Def Diancie: 108-132 (35.5 - 43.4%) -- 86.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
You easily tank those types of hits with boosts. Diancie easily cleaned up that game, brushing off 4x and 2x SE hits like it was nothing. HP Fire catches Scizors on the switch since they love to switch in. If you get a Def boost on the switch then HP Fire is pretty safe. Also, Scizor always u-turns vs Diancie so it's free rocks 90% of the time regardless. Diancie's main role on the team is to check Lati, Hydre, and Fires.

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Scarf Trick Lati rounds out the team. It's a pretty obvious choice here. Second fighting resist, ground immune, mane check, speed control, second life for sweepers, trick to outplay bad matchups. Always Trick Muk your scarf and Draco it to clear for Venusaur.

Gliscor - Gotta trick this thing or just power through with Venu/Aggron. If you can catch it with a Knock from Seaking, sweet.
Latias - Diancie/Aggron can handle it. In a pinch scarf Draco covers it
Scizor - You'll catch it with Fire coverage at some point.
Serperior - Sub variants are super sketchy to deal with but between Scarf Lati and Venu you should be okay
Alt-Mega - Diancie/Aggron handle it
Aero - Diancie/Aggron/Scarf Lati
Azu - Venu always revenges, Scarf Lati can in a pinch. Just play around it
Hydrei - Good luck if its Flash Cannon
Mane - We got the best counter in the game bwoi.

The main issue is with Fat Waters + a reliable Venu answer. Luckily that only exists in very specific combinations since there aren't many reliable venu answers. Sharpedo is a bitch but keep Diancie and full and you're okay. If it's not full you can sack Tales to get up sun and weaken Waterfall for it.

Not the best replays since I normally don't save them.

So there's my squad. The main premise being partnering two unorthodox sweepers than can win by themselves and surrounding them with enough support to get them rolling and enough tricks to just outplay your opponent. Before the most recent tiering update, I laddered a fair bit and got to around 1750 pretty comfortably which is like top 5 or so. People I've passed it to have also had success. It's very unorthodox, but I think the general structure can work well for setting up sun teams going forward. If you have any questions, feel free to ask since I didn't explain all that much. Final note, the name for the RMT is a bad pun, but the movie is actually pretty good. Sad concept, the world is legit ending and Steve Carrell still goes to work because he has nothing better to do. Don't live like that bros, do something cool. Peace.
Ninetales @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic

Venusaur @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Heavy Slam
- Power-Up Punch
- Fire Punch

Seaking @ Leftovers
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect
- Knock Off

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 28 SpA / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)