Scyther (QC 1/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You're going a little slash-heavy on the BP set's fourth moveslot. I'd just change it to Aerial Ace / Substitute / Roost and give Knock Off a moves mention. Also slash in Steadfast for when they lack Aerial Ace rather than just giving it a set details mention.

HypnoEmpire

Yokatta...
I see a serious problem with Brick Break. Really, the most relevant Rock-type in UU is Mega Aerodactyl (and I guess Rhyperior) while the most common Steel-types in UU are part Psychic-type (aside from Mega Aggron, but Brick Break doesn't do much to it anyway). You may want to consider just giving Brick Break a mention in Moves or slashed after Knock Off, but I don't think it deserves a main slash.

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
You're going a little slash-heavy on the BP set's fourth moveslot. I'd just change it to Aerial Ace / Substitute / Roost and give Knock Off a moves mention. Also slash in Steadfast for when they lack Aerial Ace rather than just giving it a set details mention.
Each slash is important, nothing leaving lol

I see a serious problem with Brick Break. Really, the most relevant Rock-type in UU is Mega Aerodactyl (and I guess Rhyperior) while the most common Steel-types in UU are part Psychic-type (aside from Mega Aggron, but Brick Break doesn't do much to it anyway). You may want to consider just giving Brick Break a mention in Moves or slashed after Knock Off, but I don't think it deserves a main slash.
ok

Why is there no bulky eviolite set? Sr weakness hardly matters anymore with defog and it can just roost it off anyways. I do not know the ev spread but the set looks like this
Eviolite
########
Scyther@eviolite
Adamant nature
-bug bite/u-turn
-roost
-aerial ace
-swords dance/brick break
Also add mega aggron to counters because brick break does jack.

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
Why is there no bulky eviolite set? Sr weakness hardly matters anymore with defog and it can just roost it off anyways. I do not know the ev spread but the set looks like this
Eviolite
########
Scyther@eviolite
Adamant nature
-bug bite/u-turn
-roost
-aerial ace
-swords dance/brick break
Also add mega aggron to counters because brick break does jack.
Ill add that with minor changes

Remove Brick Break entirely imo.

252 Atk Scyther Brick Break vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Filter Mega Aggron: 52-63 (15.1 - 18.3%) -- possible 6HKO

lol

I mean what does it actually do to Steel types? Nothing that the utility of Knock Off wouldn't be more helpful early-mid game. Don't bother with Mega Aggron, just accept you will never break it.

Also:
252 Atk Scyther Brick Break vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 42-51 (12.2 - 14.8%) -- possible 7HKO

get rekt

Last edited:

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
Remove Brick Break entirely imo.

252 Atk Scyther Brick Break vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Filter Mega Aggron: 52-63 (15.1 - 18.3%) -- possible 6HKO

lol

I mean what does it actually do to Steel types? Nothing that the utility of Knock Off wouldn't be more helpful early-mid game. Don't bother with Mega Aggron, just accept you will never break it.

Also:
252 Atk Scyther Brick Break vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 42-51 (12.2 - 14.8%) -- possible 7HKO

get rekt
please don't just repeat what hypnoempire said because it clogs this up unnecessarily and Brick Break was already removed...

This is qc ready

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
Urm I've never used Scyther in UU but to me it seems like CB is the best set cuz those fast powerful U-turns :}. SD has a bit of a harder time sweeping versus offense if they use scarfersbeing able to easily love those quick attacks like Victini and Hydreigon. bully SD should prolly get a set cause being able to set up on sheit like Florges is p awesome imo tbh but ill try to make a set for that later k n_n.

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
Urm I've never used Scyther in UU but to me it seems like CB is the best set cuz those fast powerful U-turns :}. SD has a bit of a harder time sweeping versus offense if they use scarfersbeing able to easily love those quick attacks like Victini and Hydreigon. bully SD should prolly get a set cause being able to set up on sheit like Florges is p awesome imo tbh but ill try to make a set for that later k n_n.
So remove SD/add Bulky SD?

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry for double post, but you already liked the last one (seriously it had been up for 10 seconds :P). I would edit it, but... w/e.

Remove Quick Attack from the scarf set. Why is it even there? My guess is a Copy/Paste thing from when the choice sets were merged.

oh, i didnt get tagged for some reason ?_?

anyways, lets go. firstly, i dont really like the choice scarf set. being 4x weak to sr is really terrible for a scarfer, and scyther doesnt really shine as a revenge killer enough to make up for that, so i recommend you just remove it. however, i havent tried scarf scyther, so if any of you have used it and thought it's good, you can elaborate why and i might change my opinion.

the cb set is legit, but you are still explaining brick break in the moves section, while the move isnt even slashed. simply remove that, as bb is not a good move on scyther. also, on team options, we can build it up more. i dont think ghost types trouble scyther, making dark types good partners. the best team options are:
-rapid spinners like starmie, tentacruel, or defoggers like mew and empoleon, who have cool synergy with scyther
-other pokemon that can form voltturn cores, like rotom-h, magneton, victini, hydreigon etc.
-cleric support is ok, if they have good synergy (blissey, umbreon)

on the bulky sd, i think it should be like this:
1-sd
2-roost
3-aerial ace
4-knock off/bug bite/baton pass
i know bug bite is good against slowbro/mew/cresselia/umbreon, but imo knock off has better coverage and is more useful in general, and baton pass is really useful. team options still needs a bit of work as well; mention some pokes that can lure and weaken stuff that counters scyther (victini/rotom-h can trick/burn the rock types that wall scyther), use pokemon that lure stuff that give free turns to scyther (the mantis can easily setup on grass types, so water pokemon are good teammates, like megatoise).

thats it i think, good luck. 1/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)