SM OU Sand Naga Offense

Introduction

Decided I wanted to bring glory back to excadrill, and here my Frankenstein creation of a team

Teambuilding Process

So, Naga is here because, well, it eats everything up at +2.

So I looked at Naga and thought: "A slow pivot could work nicely here" And so I added Scizor, which gives me defog as well as a solid defensive pivot**

So, due to all the T-Tars running around, and the fact that Keldeo is a good pair with Naga since it takes on things that can possibly switch into it, such as Heatran.

Ok, so now we get into the deep part of the team. I put Lando here for rocks. Now, I was thinking putting defensive here, but I liked the idea of pairing Keldeo and Lando since together they can break and weaken tons of mons.

And now we are down to the star of the team, Excadrill. Paired with Naga and Keldeo, it can do massive damage to the tier, weaken teams for naga/lando, appreciates the U-turn from Scizor, and at +1/2, it can massively damage teams.

The last mon and arguably the mon important mon is T-Tar. AV T-Tar is insanely popular right now, since it stops almost every special attacker known to dat. It also adds sand, which is nice chip for my sweepers and can open a door to sweep.

The Team

Bee's Ugly Cousin (Naganadel) @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- Nasty Plot
So, here's one of the most broken SOBs right now. Plus 2 Naga is a scary monster, and can eat and tear teams up good.

Stark (Scizor-Mega) (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
This defensive set is my defogger, and a momentum grabber. Even with Naga running around and heatran, it's still, imo, one of the best megas/defoggers.

Justice (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Stone Edge
Keldeo is the fast support, and elimintaes mons such as T-Tar, Lando, Gren, and Heatran, all of which are a threat one way or another to the team.

Land NO rus (Landorus-Therian) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Gravity
- Stealth Rock
Lando is my rocker, and can perform as a cleaner. I really just added this
for it's offensive power. It helps weaken and also can punish anything that underestimates it, such as ferrothorn, at plus +2.

Drake (Excadrill) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
My main reason for making this team, exca takes on a ton of mons, and under sand, is an incredibly deadly sweeper with SD and LO.

GOJIRA (Tyranitar) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 232 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
T-Tar is here for switching into things such as Naga, Blace, and really any special attacker that can't 2HKO it. It also brings Sand, and sand chip, as I've said, helps the team take on threats.

Conclusion

Well, there's the team. I've been testing it for about a day, and have found that Hawlucha can be a serious problem. Ive Also noticed that, once my fast mons are gone, I have to rely on sand for outspeeds, but it hasn't shown too much of an issue yet. If you guys want some replays/calcs, I'll post some in the comments

Bee's Ugly Cousin (Naganadel) @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- Nasty Plot

Stark (Scizor-Mega) (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch

Justice (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Happiness: 0
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Stone Edge

Land NO rus (Landorus-Therian) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Gravity
- Stealth Rock

Drake (Excadrill) (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

GOJIRA (Tyranitar) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 232 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake

Last edited:
Reactions: DKM

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Now that I can see the sets, I'll suggest a thing or two.

645-s.png --> 145.png
Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I dont think Landorus is necessery since you have Excadrill as your main sweeper. Zaodos helps alot with Hawlucha and Celesteela who are threatening to the team.

530.png
Excadrill @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide

Now that Landorus is gone, you need a rocker. This Excadrill set can work as a rocker and a sweeper. Ex: if you're in on a Tyranitar and they have a Celesteela or something, you can set up rocks and bring Excadrill back in later.

Thats all for now. Hope you like these suggestions.

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Didn't have any real issues with the rate above, there were just a few things I wanted to point out.

On keldeo I'd recommend running a Hasty nature. A Hasty nature allows you to actually ohko Volcarona which is always nice (even with AV Ttar I'd like the assurance of a back up plan). Also the reason for Hasty>Naive is to keep up your SpDef to aid in checking Ash Greninja.

0- Atk Keldeo Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 280-332 (90 - 106.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

0 Atk Keldeo Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 316-372 (101.6 - 119.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

That was the really the only thing I wanted to point out since with Stone Edge being inaccurate as it is, adding in a unfavorable damage roll to revenge makes it very unlikely for Keldeo to be able to actually check it. The only other option I'll bring forward is Air Balloon on Excadrill over Life Orb. One of the most common stops people try to use vs Excadrill is Landorus-t at the moment, so being able to come in on scarf varaints locked into eq or force defensive variants to spend a turn popping your balloon while you get up an SD can be very beneficial in achieveing a sweep. Once again this is more of a piggy back onto DragonKnightmaster's rate since I did like his changes (I really only started typing this solely wanting to talk about Keldeo's nature, then decided to throw out my blurb on drill). Still I hope this helps in some way, gl with the team!

unfortunately it's going to lose a BIG member since Naga's getting banned. An suggestions for reworking the team to keep the same kind of idea?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)