Resource Sample Teams (Taken Over - See New Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Scarf Lele Psyspam HO

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Fire Punch
- Knock Off

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Cloyster (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Shell Smash
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 152 HP / 236 Atk / 44 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Rock Tomb

Salamence-Mega (M) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Roost
- Earthquake

Ok, this is an Hyper Offense team that I builded with the help of some other people and managed to get Top 50 on the ladder. I think I could probably go higher, but school returned this week, so I do not have that much time to play anymore. What I had in mind with this team was to make an HO that's not weak to Marshadow (which is a great flaw on all the three Hyper Offense teams we have on the Samples now since they were made way before Marshadow), and Psyspam was not an style that we had yet here. I will provide the link to the RMT, but if the council thinks it's better to make a new description, I can do that.
Link to the RMT
Edit: reading better the rules, I think it's good to make a description anyway. Also, this team won RMT of the week #29 if this counts for anything.
Scarf Lele is something I found to be better than Terrain Extender on this meta, being able to catch things like Marshadow, Mega Lucario and others, especially because most people to not expect Scarf Lele on Ubers. Deoxys-A simply nuke things Psycho Boost on Psychic Terrain, making Sash most of the time a better option, since hardly anything can survive that, and Sash can let you get an extra attack or function like a last resort to revenge kill something. Fire Punch is used instead of Superpower because it deals better with Scizor, Ferrothorn and Magearna, since they can give the team some work (not that they are that much of a trouble though, but they can be a real pain on the late game), while Superpower would only be used againt Dialga, which is not a real threat to team, and Ekiller, which has dropped a lot on usage and most of them use Chople Berry anyway. Yveltal provides the team a great matchup vs Stall, being a much needed answer to some Pokémon like Lugia and some Arceus formes. Even if Sucker Punch seens odd with Psychic Terrain, it's still good against the likes of Mewtwo Y or weakned mons in general. Cloyster is the Suicide Lead, being able to pressure most Pokémon with Shell Smash + Icicle Spear (taking more than 50% from Primal Groudon) and proding at least one layer of Spikes most the time, great to get the KOs on Primal Kyogre, Arceus-Water and Lunala. Primal Groudon provides Stealth Rock to the team and make it so it's not super weak to Ho-Oh, while also checking GeoXern, since this thing can sweep almost everything on this team if it finds an opportunit to setup (however, they are pretty rare since this team is so offensive). Mega Salamence takes the final slot to be an answer to Primal Groudon and weaken some mons like Xerneas and Kyogre. Earthquake is used because of Magearna, since if Primal Groudon is down, it can be a huge problem to the team.

Last edited:
Standard Stall

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fake Out

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Confide
- Toxic

Toxapex @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Haze

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Pursuit
- Rock Tomb
- Stealth Rock

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Defog
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Standard and often-used Stall Team. Sableye gets you the hazard control. Confide chansey protects you from losing to sub cm or cm/geo rest mons. Toxapex walls Marshadow and a good amout of other mons, also it gets you toxic spikes up. Chople ttar has defense to check hooh/phys yveltal and the berry to pursuit trap focus blast gengars. Lugia is just fat and able to phaze the opponent around. Arceus Ground spread allows you to outspeed Mega Lucario whilst staying decently Bulky

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
Is this thread going to be updated anytime soon? There's new teams awaiting approval and 3/5 of the accepted teams get 6-0d by Marshadow (the other 2 seriously struggle against it).

Standard Stall

Sableye @ Sablenite
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fake Out

Chansey @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Confide
- Toxic

Toxapex @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Haze

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Pursuit
- Rock Tomb
- Stealth Rock

Lugia @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Defog
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Standard and often-used Stall Team. Sableye gets you the hazard control. Confide chansey protects you from losing to sub cm or cm/geo rest mons. Toxapex walls Marshadow and a good amout of other mons, also it gets you toxic spikes up. Chople ttar has defense to check hooh/phys yveltal and the berry to pursuit trap focus blast gengars. Lugia is just fat and able to phaze the opponent around. Arceus Ground spread allows you to outspeed Mega Lucario whilst staying decently Bulky
Don't run Chansey in Ubers, it's a huge risk to take since you automatically lose to Goth. Just run shed shell Blissey, it fills the same role (special wall) while also not being a huge risk.

Standard Stall

Sableye @ Sablenite
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fake Out

Chansey @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Confide
- Toxic

Toxapex @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Haze

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Pursuit
- Rock Tomb
- Stealth Rock

Lugia @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Defog
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Great team from you as usual ( I missed you IsaP! ). I think you are not that Strong against Wallbreaker Ho-Oh just because Earthquake hard hits Tyranitar. You should be careful with that but if you don't want to take any risks, then run DragCeus or WaterCeus ( I Think Support dragceus fits in this team perfectly. It is your choice anyway ) DragCeus can support this team well against both Ho-Oh and Pdon. And I think Chansey is a risk. Maybe run Blissey with Shed Shell but don't change the movesets because I love Confide.It stops CM RestTalk P ogre and Z-Geo Xern so yeah. After these changes, You can give some Special bulk for Tyranitar but keep it Physically defensive. Great team as I expected from you! One day we should meet each other because I think we met before 2 months and our conversations are always very short. Good luck with the team!

Is this thread going to be updated anytime soon? There's new teams awaiting approval and 3/5 of the accepted teams get 6-0d by Marshadow (the other 2 seriously struggle against it).

Don't run Chansey in Ubers, it's a huge risk to take since you automatically lose to Goth. Just run shed shell Blissey, it fills the same role (special wall) while also not being a huge risk.
Yes I am still working on it. Yes all the teams on it are outdated due to Marsh meta. Yes submissions are open. Yes I'm trying to get new builds to replace the outdated ones.
-Minority

Also ty both for your thoughts, i may try that out. Just wanted to bring this thread back to life so feel free to submit teams too everyone!

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
Excadrill HO

=Importable
Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 168 HP / 240 Atk / 36 SpD / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 44 Def / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Facade
- Roost

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 100 SpD / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Aromatherapy

smogonmole (Excadrill) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Tomb

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Sneak
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat

This is a pretty standard HO team that revolves around setting up rocks and then hammering your opponent with constant offensive pressure. Excadrill sets up rocks while also Rapid Spinning opposing hazards away, fulfilling the role of both a hazard setter and hazard remover. Double Dance Groudon is Double Dance Groudon. It mostly functions as a wallbreaker, although it can handle late-game sweeps when the opportunity arises. Mega Mence breaks walls, switches into to certain Groudon variants, checks physical set up attackers, and can sweep late-game in certain situations. Yveltal gives the team a much-needed ghost resist, an answer to Marshadow, an answer to stall, and strong priority in Sucker Punch. Marshadow offers solid priority in Technician-boosted Shadow Sneak, checks SD Arceus forms, and handles Zygarde-C which this team otherwise struggles against. Finally Xerneas, this is the standard Geomancy set which functions as an extremely effective late-game sweeper.

As with all Ubers HO teams, this one struggles against stall, really the only answer to it is Yveltal and to an extent Mega Salamence with Facade. As for specific threats, this team has a difficult time against Fairyceus as it can switch into Yveltal, Marshadow, and Mega Salamence and OHKO them back with Judgement. Lead Cloyster is also a threat as it matches up well against Excadrill. The team also doesn't do well against special Groundceus and Waterceus as they can switch into Mega Salamence or Primal Groudon and wall them. Finally Celesteela and Ferrothorn can wall most of the team if played correctly.
/hide]

Attachments

I've played with this team for a long time now and I want to retire it and give back to the thread in the process. I managed to peak at 1908 a few months back on the ubers ladder thanks to the immense consistency of this team. If anyone has any ideas for improving this team I'd be happy to hear them.
Ubers Ladder Peak.jpg

Phoenix Stall

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Blissey @ Shed Shell
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
- Confide

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Defog
- Recover

Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Toxic

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This team utilizes the immense defensive utilities and amazing ability of Ho-Oh to blanket check threats such as Mega Lucario, Yvetal, and non rock move Primal Groudon and spread Toxic across the opponent's team. Its still decent uninvested offense allows for punishing Steel-types attempting to protect the opposition from Toxic. Mega Sableye is chosen for its ability to make setting rocks more dangerous for opposing mons as well as provide a reliable check to the shiny new toy Life Orb Marshadow. Will-O-Wisp is preferred over Toxic for this purpose, as well as Mega Lucario. It can also be used with priority on stuff like Rayquaza if it's determined beneficial to not Mega Evolve based on team preview. Arceus-Ground acts as a glue for the team by making it difficult for Primal Groudon to keep up rocks (who can pressure Sableye if offensive or Lava Plume) via Defog and also revenge kill the dangerous Swords Dance variants. It cannot be understated how difficult it is for hyper offense teams to deal with Arceus-Ground when backed up with the defensive resources of a stall team, often resulting in it cleaning. Furthermore, it also acts as a check to Rayquaza and Mega Salamence; both of which can potentially be dangerous to this team. The given EV spread is used as the bulk is more important for safeguarding against these threats than outspeeding Mega Lucario who is checked pretty well with this team anyway. It still outspeeds all Taunt Yvetals meaning they can be Defoged on and/or taken on with Ice Beam if necessary. Ferrothorn provides a great Z-GeoXern, defensive Primal Kyogre, and Mega Diancie switch in while also acting as the rocker. Zygarde insulates against physical attackers such as Mega Lucario, opposing Ho-Oh and Primal Groudon thanks to its fantastic bulk, while also helping to spread Toxic thanks its ability to threaten Ground weak Steels with Thousand Arrows. Blissey rounds out the team by blanket checking a plethora of speical attackers such as GeoXern, Primal Kyogre, and Kyruem-W while also providing cleric support. Having a Normal-type is also useful for making Z-Ghost moves unreliable such as against Bulk-Up Marshadow.

This team matches up incredibly well against the majority of balances, as unless they carry one of the threats I've mentioned throughout this post, you can often auto win with decent play as they essentially get worn down with little to no counterplay. Something cool to note is that this is probably one of the few stall teams that has every member able to give standard Mega Gengar the finger in some form or other (or as Aim would say the shaft), though technically Ferro can be trapped if Gengar is very healthy, comes in for free, and wins a Taunt vs Will-O-Wisp 50 50. Against offense carrying suicide leads there are a few tactics I usually employ creating 50-50s for the opponent. Deo-S with Skill Swap is not guaranteed to get any hazards up at all actually as you can play mind games as to whether you Mega Evolve or not as they Skill Swap and you click Foul Play for an easy 2HKO. Excadrill is guaranteed, but you can break the Sash with Fake Out and switch to Arceus-Ground putting them in an awkward position between letting Excadrill die with a full speed-full strength Arceus out ready to Defog or getting Defoged on the switch. In case it's not apparent, this team prefers hazards to be off the field unless the opponent has multiple rock weak mons or Ho-Oh is truly unimportant (unlikely). On related note, put a few speed creep EVs on Ho-Oh to creep some 0 speed Primals/other Ho-Oh.

It should be nothed the original version of this team in the pre-Marshadow meta carried Celesteela over Zygarde which was stronger against Mega Sala, Rayquaza, and Swords Dance Arceus-Ground who this team struggles against but fares worse against enemy Stall (due to Rest helping in the PP war), opposing Ho-Ohs and forcing my own Arceus-Ground to be faster for Mega Luke. Given that Marshadow's existence cripples Swords Dance Arceus' viability in general, I believe Zygarde is preferable.

Threats that autowin against this team barring poor play/hax: Gothitelle, sub SD Arceus-Ground (even with Celesteela>Zygarde), and Mega Gyarados. Choice Specs Kyogre is very dangerous but can potentially be played around.

Last edited:

The Dovahneer

UPL Champion
not a submission but vario in its current state still works well in the metagame
source: i got to 1670 on ladder using a variation with specs yvel and regular geo over zgeo

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hopefully soon the OP of this thread will be updated to reflect the legality of new mons. I will (eventually) be able to get feedback from the rest of the councils. We will evaluate all the teams that have been posted since the last update and add teams that we believe make excellent samples. Until then you're free to post teams, but we might not get to adding / rejecting them for several weeks.

i forget who is council and who isn't since i was the only one answering for dpp. so im enlisting benbe as long as he does he homework. And, if he is real good, I'll get him some ice cream too but only if his room is still clean like i asked

Mewtwo @ Lum Berry
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Self-Destruct

Garchomp @ Haban Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Dialga @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Atk / 8 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Latios @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 56 HP / 56 Def / 192 SpA / 4 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Dragon Pulse
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 216 HP / 40 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

I'd put this team in samples because it is easy and fun. you trade stuff and pursuit stuff and draco stuff. chompy does really nice vs steels; if there's a uml finals replay, it lured in the skarm and kept the pressure on, the spikes off.

I can't remember why the latios has def instead of spD. i think it was scizor based, or gira based, at least priority based. SpD helps with ogre.

you can do whatever you want with the mewtwo taunt, psychic, white herb, focus blast (kills darkrai + ttar), ice beam, etc. this was just what i used in uml finals based on some predictions.

Darkrai @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Bad Dreams
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Atk / 212 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost
- Earthquake

Latias @ Soul Dew
EVs: 196 HP / 8 Def / 52 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Roost
- Dragon Pulse

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
EVs: 164 HP / 248 SpD / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

Tentacruel @ Lum Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 40 HP / 112 SpA / 140 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Giratina @ Leftovers
EVs: 132 Def / 36 SpA / 88 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Dragon Pulse
- Will-O-Wisp

Lugia @ Leftovers
EVs: 208 HP / 84 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Roost

Dialga @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Protect
- Thunder
- Stealth Rock

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Roost

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Substitute
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

these could be added though they need updates cause these are the originals. gliscor could have speed, ttar could have whatever. 2nd one dialga doesn't need protect but i placed it here for the fun of it. mewtwo could have taunt and the same ev spread as the one above, though you straight lose to lum darkrai without speed + aura. Self Destruct has been goin around on this team lately, i guess taken from my old neuer team. And lugia could have thunder over earth power + speed to max for latios / latias stuff, they will be the worst thing you can see. Hack used a sub kyogre and scarf ttar version, don't use that.

anyways. go draco pursuit scarfers and taunt / tspike stall. even if these don't make it past the seeming council of me, i've noticed these teams (last two in particular) go around the ol tour circuit–so i guess youre prepared for stuff.

Hey guys, this awesome team i made got me up high (or not too high, depends on how you see it) on the ladder, i'm very proud of this team and i would like to post it here for others to see and use.
Proof here

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Close Combat
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Calm Mind
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch

Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Extreme Speed

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder

Arceus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Force
- Earthquake

This team is based on punching holes in the opposing team with Marshadow, and then wrecking the rest with the rest of the team. The leads could be Marshadow or Pdon with rocks. Depends on the opposing team. Now i am going to explain to you all each of the team members, starting with Marshadow.

HP Ice Marshadow
Marshadow is a decent 'mon in ubers, with great STAB moves and a great ability, i put them all to the use. First of all, Marshadow's speed makes it outspeed most of the non-scarfers in game, and its STAB moves are just amazing. Spectral Thief gives marshadow its best ghost-type STAB move with the ability to steal the opponent's boosts, so Download Genesect watch out! Its secondary move Close Combat, gives Marshadow its best STAB move with the ability to OHKO a 252 defence Snorlax (i know that's not relevant but Snorlax is awesome and i wanted to just show you guys), non-support Arceus Dark, Darkrai, +1 Marshadow can OHKO a Genesect with Spectral Thief, and you get the idea. Whatever is weak to Close Combat is dead. Marshadow's Shadow Sneak gives it a decent-powered priority move (because of STAB and Technician), and HP Ice can 2HKO a Yvetal (if Yvetal doesn't OHKO Marshadow first).

Calm Mind Kyogre-Primal
Kyogre's massive bulk and ability makes it a better Pokemon than Groudon-Primal because Kyogre-Primal has better use of its ability. With the access to Calm Mind, Kyogre-Primal can sweep and make huge holes. Origin Pulse destroys the opponent, Thunder with 100% accuracy kills, and Ice Beam provides Kyogre with coverage against Grass types, as well as more damage against Flying and Dragon types.

Stealth Rocks Groudon-Primal
Groudon Primal's bulk makes it on the top of the VR. Groudon-Primal is my other lead with Rocks, if the opponent has too many Flying types. Precipice Blades DESTROY everything (except for Flying types, what a shame...) with its power and STAB. I call this my biggest hole puncher. Stone Edge OHKOes Yvetal and OH-HO, and Fire Punch is another great hole puncher. The bad thing about groudon is that its most powerful moves have low accuracy, so if you miss a stone edge on OH-HO or Yvetal, you might as well slam your face on your device or rage quit and start a rampage around the house XD

Focus Sash Deoxys-A
Deoxys-A is a brilliant killer with its MASSIVE Atk, SpA, and Speed. STAB Psycho Boost KILLS the opponent, not minding the fact that it decreases SpA. Superpower OHKOes dark, steel, and rock types with its power and you don't have to care about the stat decrease if you use this with full HP on Deoxys-A because it has A FOCUS SASH! Ice Beam does the same useful thing. And Extreme Speed revenge kill mons who are weakened by my other great hole punchers.

Geo Xerneas
Okay, this is self explanatory. So imma skip the Geo + Power Herb part. So, basically MOONBLAST is its most powerful fairy-type STAB move and KILLS if Xearneas has successfully used Geomancy, Flash Cannon gets rid of the other Geo Xearneas that tries to counter this thing. And thunder is just a great move so replace it if you want. I just like the new song THUNDER by Imagine Dragons.

Swords Dance Life Orb Arceus-Normal
Finally Arceus. Arceus has been my favourite mon of all time with its wide and useful movepool that destroys all opponents. Life Orb Swords Dance Arceus destroys every non-ghost thing in its way, with Swords Dance boosted (don't forget STAB) priority Extreme Speed. Earthquake to get rid of Pdon (duh! What else do you think Earthquake does?), and Shadow Force (i find Shadow Force a VERY good move) to get rid of Ghost types who think they can avoid THE WRATH OF ARCEUS!!!!!!!!

Marshadow
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Marshadow Close Combat vs. 68 HP / 0 Def Genesect: 387-458 (129 - 152.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Life Orb Technician Marshadow Hidden Power Ice vs. 44 HP / 0 SpD Salamence: 374-442 (109.3 - 129.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Life Orb Technician Marshadow Hidden Power Ice vs. 44 HP / 0 SpD Salamence-Mega: 338-400 (98.8 - 116.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Marshadow Spectral Thief vs. 0 HP / 252+ Def Giratina-Origin: 268-320 (60.7 - 72.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Life Orb Technician Marshadow Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Yveltal: 177-208 (45 - 52.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

PGre (new nickname for Primal Kyogre)
252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Thunder vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 192-226 (47.5 - 55.9%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Origin Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Yveltal in Heavy Rain: 429-505 (109.1 - 128.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO <--- doesn't even need Thunder
252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Ice Beam vs. 44 HP / 0 SpD Salamence-Mega: 604-712 (176.6 - 208.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Origin Pulse vs. +2 72 HP / 100 SpD Xerneas in Heavy Rain: 261-307 (63.5 - 74.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO After Kyogre used Calm Mind

Pdon (i just love this nick name)
252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Yveltal: 320-378 (81.4 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Stone Edge vs. 44 HP / 0 Def Salamence-Mega: 246-290 (71.9 - 84.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Xerneas: 205-243 (45 - 53.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Ho-Oh: 496-584 (119.2 - 140.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Deoxys-A
252 Atk Deoxys-Attack Superpower vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Dark: 286-338 (64.5 - 76.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO <--- Deoxys-A has Sash so it will be able to kill Arceus-Dark
4 SpA Deoxys-Attack Psycho Boost vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Groudon-Primal: 195-231 (48.3 - 57.3%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO <--- Can even defeat a Pdon?
4 SpA Deoxys-Attack Psycho Boost vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mewtwo-Mega-X: 252-297 (71.3 - 84.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Deoxys-Attack Psycho Boost vs. 72 HP / 100 SpD Xerneas: 232-274 (56.4 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Xerneas
Nope, no way imma give calcs for this guy, this is literally self explanatory since Geo Xern is one of the most used Ubers 'mon.

Arceus-Normal (some of these calcs are after Swords Dance)
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 368-434 (89.5 - 105.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. +1 72 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 246-290 (59.8 - 70.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO <--- that's for Z-Geo Xern
252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus Shadow Force vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gengar-Mega: 424-499 (162.4 - 191.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Lucario-Mega: 325-385 (115.6 - 137%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 44 HP / 0 Def Salamence-Mega: 281-331 (82.1 - 96.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus Shadow Force vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Multiscale Lugia: 226-266 (54.3 - 63.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus Shadow Force vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Lugia: 452-533 (108.6 - 128.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO -- with stealth rocks Lugia is dead
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus Shadow Force vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 279-329 (79.2 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 233-274 (66.1 - 77.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

In Conclusion, this team has made me feel very proud because 1302 was the highest ladder i've ever got, since i am still a bit new to Pokemon Showdown and Smogon. I have encountered some weaknesses for this team as well, like toxic breaking my Deoxys-A's Focus Sash, Yvetal's Oblivion Wing OHKOeing my Marshadow, and i am still trying to figure out more weaknesses for this team. Here's some tips for using this team:
1. Switch in Primal Groudon if you think the team has many Stealth Rock weaknesses. Otherwise switch in Marshadow on the first turn to punch holes.
2. Do NOT switch Arceus in if the opponent has a fighting type in the battlefield, otherwise Arceus might get OHKOed before Arceus even uses Swords Dance. Switch Arceus in if you need revenge killing the weaker opponent, but Deoxys-A would be a better option.
3. Switch in Geo Xern if the opponent's Xern-Proof pokemon are cleared out.
4. If Marshadow encounters Pdon, switch PGre in. If Marshadow encounters Yvetal, switch Pdon in.
This post will be edited often if i've made any changes to the team. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Hey guys, this awesome team i made got me up high (or not too high, depends on how you see it) on the ladder, i'm very proud of this team and i would like to post it here for others to see and use.
Proof here

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Close Combat
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Calm Mind
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch

Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Extreme Speed

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder

Arceus @ Life Orb
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Force
- Earthquake

This team is based on punching holes in the opposing team with Marshadow, and then wrecking the rest with the rest of the team. The leads could be Marshadow or Pdon with rocks. Depends on the opposing team. Now i am going to explain to you all each of the team members, starting with Marshadow.

HP Ice Marshadow
Marshadow is a decent 'mon in ubers, with great STAB moves and a great ability, i put them all to the use. First of all, Marshadow's speed makes it outspeed most of the non-scarfers in game, and its STAB moves are just amazing. Spectral Thief gives marshadow its best ghost-type STAB move with the ability to steal the opponent's boosts, so Download Genesect watch out! Its secondary move Close Combat, gives Marshadow its best STAB move with the ability to OHKO a 252 defence Snorlax (i know that's not relevant but Snorlax is awesome and i wanted to just show you guys), non-support Arceus Dark, Darkrai, +1 Marshadow can OHKO a Genesect with Spectral Thief, and you get the idea. Whatever is weak to Close Combat is dead. Marshadow's Shadow Sneak gives it a decent-powered priority move (because of STAB and Technician), and HP Ice can 2HKO a Yvetal (if Yvetal doesn't OHKO Marshadow first).

Calm Mind Kyogre-Primal
Kyogre's massive bulk and ability makes it a better Pokemon than Groudon-Primal because Kyogre-Primal has better use of its ability. With the access to Calm Mind, Kyogre-Primal can sweep and make huge holes. Origin Pulse destroys the opponent, Thunder with 100% accuracy kills, and Ice Beam provides Kyogre with coverage against Grass types, as well as more damage against Flying and Dragon types.

Stealth Rocks Groudon-Primal
Groudon Primal's bulk makes it on the top of the VR. Groudon-Primal is my other lead with Rocks, if the opponent has too many Flying types. Precipice Blades DESTROY everything (except for Flying types, what a shame...) with its power and STAB. I call this my biggest hole puncher. Stone Edge OHKOes Yvetal and OH-HO, and Fire Punch is another great hole puncher. The bad thing about groudon is that its most powerful moves have low accuracy, so if you miss a stone edge on OH-HO or Yvetal, you might as well slam your face on your device or rage quit and start a rampage around the house XD

Focus Sash Deoxys-A
Deoxys-A is a brilliant killer with its MASSIVE Atk, SpA, and Speed. STAB Psycho Boost KILLS the opponent, not minding the fact that it decreases SpA. Superpower OHKOes dark, steel, and rock types with its power and you don't have to care about the stat decrease if you use this with full HP on Deoxys-A because it has A FOCUS SASH! Ice Beam does the same useful thing. And Extreme Speed revenge kill mons who are weakened by my other great hole punchers.

Geo Xerneas
Okay, this is self explanatory. So imma skip the Geo + Power Herb part. So, basically MOONBLAST is its most powerful fairy-type STAB move and KILLS if Xearneas has successfully used Geomancy, Flash Cannon gets rid of the other Geo Xearneas that tries to counter this thing. And thunder is just a great move so replace it if you want. I just like the new song THUNDER by Imagine Dragons.

Swords Dance Life Orb Arceus-Normal
Finally Arceus. Arceus has been my favourite mon of all time with its wide and useful movepool that destroys all opponents. Life Orb Swords Dance Arceus destroys every non-ghost thing in its way, with Swords Dance boosted (don't forget STAB) priority Extreme Speed. Earthquake to get rid of Pdon (duh! What else do you think Earthquake does?), and Shadow Force (i find Shadow Force a VERY good move) to get rid of Ghost types who think they can avoid THE WRATH OF ARCEUS!!!!!!!!

Marshadow
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Marshadow Close Combat vs. 68 HP / 0 Def Genesect: 387-458 (129 - 152.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Life Orb Technician Marshadow Hidden Power Ice vs. 44 HP / 0 SpD Salamence: 374-442 (109.3 - 129.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Life Orb Technician Marshadow Hidden Power Ice vs. 44 HP / 0 SpD Salamence-Mega: 338-400 (98.8 - 116.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Marshadow Spectral Thief vs. 0 HP / 252+ Def Giratina-Origin: 268-320 (60.7 - 72.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Life Orb Technician Marshadow Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Yveltal: 177-208 (45 - 52.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

PGre (new nickname for Primal Kyogre)
252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Thunder vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 192-226 (47.5 - 55.9%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Origin Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Yveltal in Heavy Rain: 429-505 (109.1 - 128.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO <--- doesn't even need Thunder
252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Ice Beam vs. 44 HP / 0 SpD Salamence-Mega: 604-712 (176.6 - 208.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Kyogre-Primal Origin Pulse vs. +2 72 HP / 100 SpD Xerneas in Heavy Rain: 261-307 (63.5 - 74.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO After Kyogre used Calm Mind

Pdon (i just love this nick name)
252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Yveltal: 320-378 (81.4 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Stone Edge vs. 44 HP / 0 Def Salamence-Mega: 246-290 (71.9 - 84.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Xerneas: 205-243 (45 - 53.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Ho-Oh: 496-584 (119.2 - 140.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Deoxys-A
252 Atk Deoxys-Attack Superpower vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Dark: 286-338 (64.5 - 76.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO <--- Deoxys-A has Sash so it will be able to kill Arceus-Dark
4 SpA Deoxys-Attack Psycho Boost vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Groudon-Primal: 195-231 (48.3 - 57.3%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO <--- Can even defeat a Pdon?
4 SpA Deoxys-Attack Psycho Boost vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mewtwo-Mega-X: 252-297 (71.3 - 84.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Deoxys-Attack Psycho Boost vs. 72 HP / 100 SpD Xerneas: 232-274 (56.4 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Xerneas
Nope, no way imma give calcs for this guy, this is literally self explanatory since Geo Xern is one of the most used Ubers 'mon.

Arceus-Normal (some of these calcs are after Swords Dance)
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 368-434 (89.5 - 105.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. +1 72 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 246-290 (59.8 - 70.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO <--- that's for Z-Geo Xern
252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus Shadow Force vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gengar-Mega: 424-499 (162.4 - 191.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Lucario-Mega: 325-385 (115.6 - 137%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 44 HP / 0 Def Salamence-Mega: 281-331 (82.1 - 96.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus Shadow Force vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Multiscale Lugia: 226-266 (54.3 - 63.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus Shadow Force vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Lugia: 452-533 (108.6 - 128.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO -- with stealth rocks Lugia is dead
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus Shadow Force vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 279-329 (79.2 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 233-274 (66.1 - 77.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

In Conclusion, this team has made me feel very proud because 1302 was the highest ladder i've ever got, since i am still a bit new to Pokemon Showdown and Smogon. I have encountered some weaknesses for this team as well, like toxic breaking my Deoxys-A's Focus Sash, Yvetal's Oblivion Wing OHKOeing my Marshadow, and i am still trying to figure out more weaknesses for this team. Here's some tips for using this team:
1. Switch in Primal Groudon if you think the team has many Stealth Rock weaknesses. Otherwise switch in Marshadow on the first turn to punch holes.
2. Do NOT switch Arceus in if the opponent has a fighting type in the battlefield, otherwise Arceus might get OHKOed before Arceus even uses Swords Dance. Switch Arceus in if you need revenge killing the weaker opponent, but Deoxys-A would be a better option.
3. Switch in Geo Xern if the opponent's Xern-Proof pokemon are cleared out.
4. If Marshadow encounters Pdon, switch PGre in. If Marshadow encounters Yvetal, switch Pdon in.
This post will be edited often if i've made any changes to the team. Thanks for reading!
Why are you running Flash Cannon Xerneas? Versus other Fairy-types like opposing Xerneas and Fairyceus STAB Fairy Aura-boosted Moonblast does more. Even versus something like Magearna it's a waste of space because you can just run Hidden Power Ground or Focus Blast, both of which hit harder and also give you a decent option versus Primal Groudon.

That's not the biggest concern with this team though. Offensive Primal Groudon sets can set up on Xerneas or Primal Kyogre easily and almost 6-0 your team. Your only "answer" to them is a Focus Sash Deoxys-A, but its sash gets broken easily by rocks and you have no anti-hazard support so its usually a waste. Stuff like Marshadow and pretty much any Yveltal set give you a ton of trouble because your only way of dealing with them is a non-Choice Scarf Xerneas that can easily be chipped and no longer able to answer them effectively. There are a few other offensive threats that can also be a pain too; e.g Scarf Xerneas if pdon goes down.

So yeah in general, I feel like this team has a decent concept behind it but is heavily restricted because of how reliant you are on a Focus Sash Deoxys-A to revenge kill most offensive threats, as sash Deoxys-A is generally a waste as anything but a lead due to it being easily useless if your opp gets rocks up.

Why are you running Flash Cannon Xerneas? Versus other Fairy-types like opposing Xerneas and Fairyceus STAB Fairy Aura-boosted Moonblast does more. Even versus something like Magearna it's a waste of space because you can just run Hidden Power Ground or Focus Blast, both of which hit harder and also give you a decent option versus Primal Groudon.

That's not the biggest concern with this team though. Offensive Primal Groudon sets can set up on Xerneas or Primal Kyogre easily and almost 6-0 your team. Your only "answer" to them is a Focus Sash Deoxys-A, but its sash gets broken easily by rocks and you have no anti-hazard support so its usually a waste. Stuff like Marshadow and pretty much any Yveltal set give you a ton of trouble because your only way of dealing with them is a non-Choice Scarf Xerneas that can easily be chipped and no longer able to answer them effectively. There are a few other offensive threats that can also be a pain too; e.g Scarf Xerneas if pdon goes down.

So yeah in general, I feel like this team has a decent concept behind it but is heavily restricted because of how reliant you are on a Focus Sash Deoxys-A to revenge kill most offensive threats, as sash Deoxys-A is generally a waste as anything but a lead due to it being easily useless if your opp gets rocks up.
Thanks for the suggestions, i will note it and change my team a bit!

• Hello! My name is M4WTWO! You may not see me around here much, but I usually play Pokémon Showdown making up strats that might work against common threats. But today, I am here to show you a strat I had came up with last week for the newest common threat, Marshadow.

Sorry I’m new. I have no idea how I do the import stuff...

But here is the line-up, right here!

Tapu Koko @ Fairium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- U-turn/ Toxic/ Volt Switch

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ Sp Def
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch/ Eruption
- Roar

Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Ball

Marshadow @ Muscle Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Shaymin-Sky @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Air Slash
- Toxic
- Tailwind

Arceus-Bug @ Insect Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Shadow Force
- Future Sight

Research Data:

Tapu Koko:
This team is focused on Marshadow and Xearnas. Marshadow has proven to be deadly once an opposing Xearnas is taken out. I did research on the Pokémon and found out, that Tapu Koko can OHKO Marshadow with a Dazzling Gleam powered Twinkle Tackle, But the problem was... Marshadow can potientally outspeed it, But with scarf it can outspeed. That lead me thinking more about how to defeat such a savage beast. So, I did the usual thing. I switched Sp Atk EVS with a bit of Def EVS because I found on calculator that Tapu Koko can still OHKO Marshadow with 0 Atk EVS. Tapu Koko is also useful for outspeeding powerful threats, such as Mega Mewtwo X, and almost OHKO’ing Mewtwo Y.
The reason why it has U turn is to still be able to do damage while switching out on ground type foes. Toxic and Volt Switch can replace U-Turn if you feel like that won’t do much damage. Def EVs is for more chance of tanking a move b Marshadow.

0 Atk Tapu Koko Twinkle Tackle (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Marshadow: 360-426 (112.1 - 132.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Possible damage amounts: (360, 366, 368, 372, 378, 380, 386, 390, 396, 398, 402, 408, 410, 416, 420, 426)

PGDon:
Primal Groudon is the hazard setter or a tank switch in of the team. It’s Max Sp Def EVS have proven to survive a regular Geomancy powered Moonblast, But I am currently not sure about Z Geomancy. Groudon can be a lead if there isn’t an opposing Marshadow on the team, but if there is one, Tapu Koko is lead. Roar has been proven useful for any Xearnas using Z Geomancy (or any Geomancy, if you time it right), Roar will force switch the opponent, making there Pokémon lose any Special Stats. This also has been proven useful for Z conversion Porygon Z, as I had faced a lot of them in the past of Ubers. The other moves PGDon has is just there for STAB boosted Coverage.

Deoxys-A
Not much about Deoxys-A at the moment. But he is a really great attack specialist for early and late game, use him to revenge kill with Extreme Speed and possibly do loads of damage to a non-boosted Xearnas fist turn out with Psycho Boost. Superpower is used to get loads of damage on sweeping Arceus maybe even an OHKO.
Don’t worry about if a Pokémon outspeeds it, it has focus sash so it can have at least a turn to strike back.

Marshadow: Marshadow is a dangerously op Pokémon with a muscle band to boost its power. If you had experience with it, then you know that it can 6-0 a team without Tapu Koko. Close Combat is its BEST STAB move he got, and has been known to take out Arceus, Palkia, and Kyogre easily. Spectral Thief is mostly used to inflict damage on mega gen, or steal opponents stat boosts. Useful for taking away Xearnas’s boosts and eventally kills it, OHKO if Z Geomancy.
Shadow Sneak is useful for when an opponent is faster then you, being boosted by Technician ability. HP Ice just takes out opposing flying Pokes, such as Lugia.

Shaymin-Sky: Shaymin is a rare Pokémon to see on an Ubers team. But Shaymin-Sky is basically flinch king, it can stop strats if you are lucky enough and 60 percent flinch with Air Slash. Toxic is a savior is Shaymin survives with low Hp, it can Toxic opponents and they will eventually die due to toxic and will help make the team get a more chance of killing.
Again, nothing much said about it.

Arceus: Still currently updating more about him. He is a Extreme Killer Set, But the other way around with CM and Judgment with Shadow Force for Marshadow. Like I said, not much known about him.

CM + Judgment 2HKO a non-boosted Xerneas, 2 CM Judgment 2HKO or OHKO Xerneas boosted.

(Still updating on Arceus.)

Last edited:

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Well, let me give a shot...

Longevity-Focused Bulky Offense

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
EVs: 140 HP / 220 Atk / 72 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Recover
- Toxic

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 176 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Rest
- Roar

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Atk / 192 Def / 44 SpD
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Protect

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Facade
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock
- Recover

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Def / 116 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Toxic
- Rest
- Defog

This team is focused on checking as many threats as possible and relies on wearing down the opposing team with status. Ho-oh's Sacred Fire + Toxic, Primal Groudon's Lava Plume, Arceus-Rock's Will-O-Wisp, and Giratina-O's Toxic-Hex is frustrating to most teams. The team has great matchup against stall teams thanks to Primal Groudon and Giratina-O both carrying Rest, taking advantage of status damage and PP wars. The team, while seemingly susceptible to being worn down and loses a lot of momentum with Rest turns, Celesteela helps the team a lot with Leech Seed, which Primal Groudon and Giratina-O greately appreciates when switching into threats like Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, Marshadow, Mega Lucario, or tons of other threats. This overall makes the team less reliant on Rest and take on many threats over time. Arceus-Rock was chosen over Arceus-Fairy due to its ability to check Ho-oh reliably, and Primal Groudon has EV spread to take on Bulk Up variants of Marshadow. Mega Salamence does the late game cleaning nicely and was chosen over Dragon Dance Rayquaza because it doesn't have a defense drop and thus will be less susceptible to Life Orb Shadow Sneak from Marshadow.

It is not like I had superb ladder performance or anything, but so far this team performed the best.

• Hello! My name is M4WTWO! You may not see me around here much, but I usually play Pokémon Showdown making up strats that might work against common threats. But today, I am here to show you a strat I had came up with last week for the newest common threat, Marshadow.
Sorry I’m new. I have no idea how I do the import stuff...

But here is the line-up, right here!
Tapu Koko @ Fairium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- U-turn/ Toxic/ Volt Switch

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ Sp Def
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch/ Eruption
- Roar

Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Ball

Marshadow @ Muscle Band
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Shaymin-Sky @ Razor Claw
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Air Slash
- Toxic
- Tailwind

Arceus-Bug @ Insect Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Shadow Force
- Future Sight

Research Data:

Tapu Koko:
This team is focused on Marshadow and Xearnas. Marshadow has proven to be deadly once an opposing Xearnas is taken out. I did research on the Pokémon and found out, that Tapu Koko can OHKO Marshadow with a Dazzling Gleam powered Twinkle Tackle, But the problem was... Marshadow can potientally outspeed it, But with scarf it can outspeed. That lead me thinking more about how to defeat such a savage beast. So, I did the usual thing. I switched Sp Atk EVS with a bit of Def EVS because I found on calculator that Tapu Koko can still OHKO Marshadow with 0 Atk EVS. Tapu Koko is also useful for outspeeding powerful threats, such as Mega Mewtwo X, and almost OHKO’ing Mewtwo Y.
The reason why it has U turn is to still be able to do damage while switching out on ground type foes. Toxic and Volt Switch can replace U-Turn if you feel like that won’t do much damage. Def EVs is for more chance of tanking a move b Marshadow.

0 Atk Tapu Koko Twinkle Tackle (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Marshadow: 360-426 (112.1 - 132.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Possible damage amounts: (360, 366, 368, 372, 378, 380, 386, 390, 396, 398, 402, 408, 410, 416, 420, 426)

PGDon:
Primal Groudon is the hazard setter or a tank switch in of the team. It’s Max Sp Def EVS have proven to survive a regular Geomancy powered Moonblast, But I am currently not sure about Z Geomancy. Groudon can be a lead if there isn’t an opposing Marshadow on the team, but if there is one, Tapu Koko is lead. Roar has been proven useful for any Xearnas using Z Geomancy (or any Geomancy, if you time it right), Roar will force switch the opponent, making there Pokémon lose any Special Stats. This also has been proven useful for Z conversion Porygon Z, as I had faced a lot of them in the past of Ubers. The other moves PGDon has is just there for STAB boosted Coverage.

Deoxys-A
Not much about Deoxys-A at the moment. But he is a really great attack specialist for early and late game, use him to revenge kill with Extreme Speed and possibly do loads of damage to a non-boosted Xearnas fist turn out with Psycho Boost. Superpower is used to get loads of damage on sweeping Arceus maybe even an OHKO.
Don’t worry about if a Pokémon outspeeds it, it has focus sash so it can have at least a turn to strike back.

Marshadow: Marshadow is a dangerously op Pokémon with a muscle band to boost its power. If you had experience with it, then you know that it can 6-0 a team without Tapu Koko. Close Combat is its BEST STAB move he got, and has been known to take out Arceus, Palkia, and Kyogre easily. Spectral Thief is mostly used to inflict damage on mega gen, or steal opponents stat boosts. Useful for taking away Xearnas’s boosts and eventally kills it, OHKO if Z Geomancy.
Shadow Sneak is useful for when an opponent is faster then you, being boosted by Technician ability. HP Ice just takes out opposing flying Pokes, such as Lugia.

Shaymin-Sky: Shaymin is a rare Pokémon to see on an Ubers team. But Shaymin-Sky is basically flinch king, it can stop strats if you are lucky enough and 60 percent flinch with Air Slash. Toxic is a savior is Shaymin survives with low Hp, it can Toxic opponents and they will eventually die due to toxic and will help make the team get a more chance of killing.
Again, nothing much said about it.

Arceus: Still currently updating more about him. He is a Extreme Killer Set, But the other way around with CM and Judgment with Shadow Force for Marshadow. Like I said, not much known about him.

CM + Judgment 2HKO a non-boosted Xerneas, 2 CM Judgment 2HKO or OHKO Xerneas boosted.

(Still updating on Arceus.)
Tapu Koko is way too frail to run Roost, Taunt or Nature's Madness is better
Deo-A wants max SpA to power-up its Psycho Boost, again, without a hazard remover that sash gets broken way too easily.
Marshadow, muscle band is just bad
Shaymin-Sky, Razor Claw does nothing as it only works on moves w/o flinch chance, you need Seed Flare on that.
Bugceus, this thing is pretty terrible, no idea why you are running Shadow Force and Future Sight as those are pretty bad moves as coverage.

So I made a team around this core I really like which is Chansey+Cele+Ho-Oh

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Roar
- Toxic

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Judgment
- Toxic

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Atk / 192 Def / 44 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Heavy Slam
- Protect
- Toxic

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Recover
- Toxic

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Hex
- Sludge Wave

Chansey: Solid tank that can tank much more physical attacks than Blissey at the cost of playing harder against Trappers, can beat most special attackers and moderate physical attackers (no boosting). Acts as cleric here, Wish support is really useful and so is Heal Bell. Checks PDon without boosting move. (you will see why this is important)
Celesteela: Good typing and bulk here provides a check to EKiller, Groundium-Z Groundceus, Z-Geo Xern and others. I feel like this is better than Skar. Set is standard Ubers set. Has great type synergy with Ho-Oh. Checks PDon without Fire STAB.
Ho-Oh: Rounds off this core (please give suggestions), blanket checks many threats such as Xern and Marsh. This checks PDon without Rock Coverage, together this core only fears a PDon with something like SD, PBlades, Fire Punch, Stone Edge. Can also be extremely annoying to deal with for teams.
PDon: Gives me rocks to pressure the opponent with all these Toxic Spams, provides another Xern check and its great defensive utility is good for checking stuff like physical attackers. Wish support lets this thing survive easily to keep on putting rocks on. I really appreciate getting 1 more point in Speed to outspeed other Defensive dons.
Fairyceus: Provides Defog otherwise the core with Ho-Oh falls apart. Also checks Marsh with rock coverage which is problematic sometimes.
MGar: This is here otherwise the team is sooo bad against Walls, taunt cripples walls while Hex takes advantage of the Toxic spreading from its teammates (note that they all have toxic), WoW to cripple physical attackers and stuff immune to toxic and potentially survive otherwise lethal attacks.

The Dovahneer

UPL Champion
i think i got this team from someone else then edited it but whatever

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 236 Atk / 44 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Tail
- Stone Edge

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Heart Swap
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I've seen similar variants of this team on the ladder and it plays quite well for beginners and can probably get you to 1500 or so if you know what youre doing. It has tools against most of the metagame and can tolerate a bad turn or two depending on the matchup. Playstyle is simple, switch the appropriate check into a mon and use those free turns to beat on shit. Marsh(general offensive threat), mag(beats yveltal and xern), groundceus(beats pdon) and ogre(beats groundceus and is a good tank) work together to eliminate most threats to eachother while having geoxern in the back as a wincon for when your opponents team is worn down enough. Pdon gives rocks and can afford to run a more offensive spread due to its xern checking duties being mostly offloaded to mag but it can still beat xern into range for shadow sneak if needed. Only thing this team really autoloses to is goth since you can trap both supportceus and ogre with it and then exploit that weakness.

if you want for samples sake you can switch the pdon set to the spdef one, probably does better against pogre idk i never tested the team with that set

edit: i dont have minisprites on hand and i used i a lot so this probably needs cleaned up but idk, tell me if you want me to fix it up

Last edited:
Psychos

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/PvddkXrc

Description:
An oddly well worked offensive team boasting surprises in scarf Lele and Psychium Mewtwo. I say well worked because of how much success I've had with it on the ladder. I say oddly for the unorthodox evs I invested in Pdon and Mence. Pdon can live a groundceus judgment and a Geoxern's Fblast (at full hp that is) which sometimes gives it an opening to deal a finishing blow whereas Mence has enough bulk to rustle most physical Arceus sets and the sort and enough speed to outspeed any 90 based speed mon. Pdon gets the 90 speed evs to faithfully outspeed most of it's competing movesets and outspeeds most of the meta after RP, even some quick scarfers. I chose Fire Punch over the rock options mainly because of the looming Celesteelas, besides a 2x FP hits almost anything pretty reliably, including Megamences. The team doesn't care too much for Stealth Rocks, however it's always nice to have them out of the way. And sticky webs is a fair threat to the team so Defog it is. From the day I reluctantly decided to try out Yveltal back in the X/Y days to now, I have never omitted Ygod from any team of mine. I figured the best set here is the regular LO with heat wave to catch Magearna switch-ins and max speed so it isn't at a disadvantage with the likes of Rayquaza. Almost nobody sees scarf Lele coming until it's already too late. Except for the strong STABS in Psychic and Moonblast, the other two moves are honestly filler. Fling used to be Light Screen but I figured it may come in handy against stalls if you need to get rid of the Scarf restriction. Mewtwo under Psychic terrain is a worthy powerhouse and handily takes down attacking arcs and most notably the new mega threat of Marshadow. Taunt used to be Recover to promote longevity however Stall teams exist so. And Shattered Psyche is a beast of a move with or without psy terrain, it seriously damages (if not OHKOs) unsuspecting Pdons and/or Xerns or anything that expects to outlive its usual moveset. It's especially gratifying when it gets the kill on those bulky Arceus sets that expect Tox/Recover you. And at last, there is Magearna. A max SpD Magearna is the easiest answer to any Xerneas moveset and can tango with other threats like scarf Lunala. It's immunity to toxic along with pain split makes it hard to deal with if the opposition has no worthy physical attacker. The notable threats are Scarf Yveltal, POgre and Rockceus. There are more that I'm probably forgetting but those three are the ones I struggle most with.

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm momentarily closing submissions until USM begins.

This thread is in the process of receiving a new council as the last one was extremely inactive - hence the low number of updates. The new council will evaluate the teams that did not receive feedback. However, there are some relevant changes in the transition to USM, and thus many of the teams that were submitted near the end of SM are unlikely to meet sample team qualifications come USM.

Submissions for USM will be re-opened once mechanics have been properly implemented on the simulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)