Project RU Teambuilding Factory - The Return (Now on USM!)

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Approved by: atomicllamas
OP based on the OP from the ORAS version
Builders: MrAldo eren FlamingVictini TheWall EviGaro col49 Arifeen Trace Feliburn lighthouses

Note: If you are interested in becoming a builder for this, feel free to PM me with your merits and metagame knowledge.
Note Edit: We have more than enough builders + some applications so we wont be needed more of these for the time being

*Banner goes here*

Oh yeah, the RU Teambuilding Factory makes its return! If you're new to the tier, or just need help building around a certain mon/core, this is the place for you. Make sure to read the rules below before posting.

Rules:

- Provide a description(two sentence minimum) with visuals of the mon/core you want us to build around, the set(s) you prefer, and what style you want for the team. (refer to the sample post)

- Choose mons that are usable in the meta, we won't build around mons that serve no purpose to a team. Refer to the Viability Rankings to have an idea on what works and what not.

- Be patient. If we are backed up with requests, please refrain from continuously asking about your core.

- If your core doesn't get claimed by someone after a week, it will be deleted. If no one wants to build around your core, it most likely means it was too restricting, or had an unusable mon.

- Only request one team per week. The thread would get too cluttered if everyone was asking for teams everyday.

- Respect the builders. We are spending our time making you guys teams, and just ask that you don't treat us poorly.

Unclaimed Requests

Requests being worked on

Requesting a balance team around Necrozma and Kommo-o. They break down each others counters really well, and Necrozma can dent opposing teams really well so Kommo-o can just Dragon Dance up and clean.
Necrozma @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Photon Geyser

Kommo-o @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Soundproof
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Close Combat

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Last edited:

Tyrantrum @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

I know this isn't Tyrantrum's best set, but I'd really like to see this set work somehow, getting the jump on Swellow is really nice for it, though it does get revenge killed by all the notable Choice Scarf users. Still, if this set is too unviable feel free to use the Choice Band set instead, but if possible I'd really appreciate a good team with Dragon Dance Tyrantrum :)

ceal

Alright Figy-Lax and Nidoqueen was the starting core of the team. Both work great together. Since they can switch in to each other’s checks. I started by checking what denies Figy-Lax to function properly, a Toxic condition. Sigilyph can take on most status with ease due to magic guard. It also works nice together with Snorlax’s typing and bulk. The CM set can abuse most passive/bulky mons with toxic to set up on and sweep while Snorlax has the bulk to set up on the more offensive mons that lack Toxic. The second problem Figy-lax (and the team) suffer(s) from is a Knock Off. Therefore Dragonium Z DD Kommo-o was added. Sigilyph is a good fighting check but being the sole switch in for fighting types can be risky hence another fighting check was added, Doublade. This also relieves Snorlax from some pressure to pivot into every hard hitting move, Doublade being a solid defensive pivot and all. It’s also a great check to specific threats like BD Linoone/Slurpuff, Cloyster, opposing Snorlax and many more. The Bulky steel typing gives the team also a much needed check to Ice types like Mega Glalie and Abomasnow. Shaymin provides the team with speed control, another status absorber and a check to haze Milotic. Healing wish gives Snorlax and other team members another chance to sweep if they got badly statused or got low on health. The coverage of Earth power and HP Fire are dedicated to Revenge kill Salazzle and Durant respectively when either one got out of control. I changed Toxic>Sludge Wave on nidoqueen to put bulky mons like Cresselia on a timer which makes setting up on it easier for the likes of Sigilyph and Doublade.

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 188 HP / 176 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recycle
- Curse
- Facade
- Earthquake

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Psychic
- Heat Wave

Kommo-o @ Dragonium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

ceal

Alright Figy-Lax and Nidoqueen was the starting core of the team. Both work great together. Since they can switch in to each other’s checks. I started by checking what denies Figy-Lax to function properly, a Toxic condition. Sigilyph can take on most status with ease due to magic guard. It also works nice together with Snorlax’s typing and bulk. The CM set can abuse most passive/bulky mons with toxic to set up on and sweep while Snorlax has the bulk to set up on the more offensive mons that lack Toxic. The second problem Figy-lax (and the team) suffer(s) from is a Knock Off. Therefore Dragonium Z DD Kommo-o was added. Sigilyph is a good fighting check but being the sole switch in for fighting types can be risky hence another fighting check was added, Doublade. This also relieves Snorlax from some pressure to pivot into every hard hitting move, Doublade being a solid defensive pivot and all. It’s also a great check to specific threats like BD Linoone/Slurpuff, Cloyster, opposing Snorlax and many more. The Bulky steel typing gives the team also a much needed check to Ice types like Mega Glalie and Abomasnow. Shaymin provides the team with speed control, another status absorber and a check to haze Milotic. Healing wish gives Snorlax and other team members another chance to sweep if they got badly statused or got low on health. The coverage of Earth power and HP Fire are dedicated to Revenge kill Salazzle and Durant respectively when either one got out of control. I changed Toxic>Sludge Wave on nidoqueen to put bulky mons like Cresselia on a timer which makes setting up on it easier for the likes of Sigilyph and Doublade.

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 188 HP / 176 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recycle
- Curse
- Facade
- Earthquake

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Psychic
- Heat Wave

Kommo-o @ Dragonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Hey, thanks so much for building this, it looks awesome. I really appreciate it :]

Yanmega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- U-turn
- Giga Drain

I'd like an offense or balance team built around Choice Specs Yanmega, which should need no introduction. It's quite fun to use, and I want to see if and how USM's new hazard removal options can help it with its Stealth Rock weakness. I'm a novice battler, so the more user-friendly the team is, the better.

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
CryoGyro

Supercut (Yanmega) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- U-turn
- Giga Drain

Hard Feelings (Tsareena) @ Leftovers
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Jolly Nature
- Synthesis
- Knock Off
- Trop Kick
- Rapid Spin

Green Light (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Psywave
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Perfect Places (Flygon) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- U-turn

Homemade Dynamite (Salazzle) @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt

Sober (Milotic) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Refresh
- Haze
- Recover

as usual, my post got deleted halfway through so i'll be more brief than i had originally conceptualized. yanmega's set is self explanatory. tsareena comes in as the stipulated hazard removal for any yanmega team. knock off was a beautiful gift for tsareena as it can more easily spin on ghosts while being a more threatening offensive presence. it synergizes well with yanmega as it can lure in and knock off items off of pokemon yanmega doesn't like such as rotom-a's scarf or registeel's leftovers. trop kick instead of power whip to mitigate the damage dd kommo-o and flygon can do to the team. needed an ice resist and a way to counter-act many of the tier's threats, so i decided to add rocks bronzong. it uses iron head to get better damage on mega abomasnow and psywave is the poor man's seismic toss but is the most consistent damage bronzong can deal. needed a fire resist (aka salazzle counter) and some speed control and flygon fit naturally. went for fire punch as the filler to easily revenge non-choice scarf durant variants, which can present an issue if played well. it u-turns on bulkier pokemon like chesnaught which gives yanmega the opportunity to fire off some free attacks. salazzle shares a similar counter list to yanmega, including things such as snorlax, while yanmega can u-turn on certain steels or florges to let salazzle do work. hp grass seemed largely useless at the end of the build so i decided to use taunt—and thus using corrosion instead of oblivious—to make sure the aforementioned snorlax and other bulkier pokemon like porygon2 cannot recover their health, making it easier for yanmega to break through these bulkier teams. milotic is the catch-all bulky water to round off the team. it can counter dd feraligatr which is thoroughly appreciated here. chose refresh over toxic because the one water resist on the team is extremely crippled by toxic. the spread avoids a 2hko from any non-tbolt modest nidoqueen after rocks which can give you some maneuverability if your bronzong gets weakened or if you face a taunt variant that shuts down your stealth rock.

possible changes:
  • changing salazzle's filler moveslot
  • mega steelix over bronzong is an idea. you must be more wary of threats such as nidoqueen, flygon, and mega abomasnow, however.
  • miracle seed over leftovers and whip over trop kick for more offensive presence
  • you can explore a bulkier tsareena spread, but i haven't really given it much thought so if you find something efficient than my listed spread, please tell me!
  • protect somewhere on bronzong's set. most likely over iron head.
final notes:
  • feel free to pm me with your experience with this team. if for any reason, you'd like the team redone—say tier shifts are very drastic or you want a different approach—let me know!
  • very excited to work on this project once again after the successful thread we had last gen!
  • ttrum is being worked on but dd/rp are very hard to use and fit on a team so give the builders a chance
  • thanks for your requests! please post more
enjoy, xoxo

So I've wanted to use a squad around this thing for a WHILE now, but fsr everytime I try to build with this thing I lose inspiration or the squad fails. So yeah I'm looking for a CLEAN goodra squad. Preferably I'd like the squad to let Goodra put in WORK, not just use it as like an AV blanket check to stuff/ bulky toxic clicker but I'm open to what works!

Requesting a team built around Necrozma. Necrozma is a very interesting pokemon which acquired some nifty new tricks thanks to USM. Necrozma can be a myriad of things, Calm Mind sweeper, Stealth Rocks setter, Special sweeper, you name it! Would be very interested in seeing a team built around Physical Necrozma as that is the one set I have not used.

Necrozma @ Twisted Spoon
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Photon Geyser

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
pokemans_675.gif

Requesting an offensive/hazard stack team around regular SD Pangoro. Thanks to its great attack stat and coverage, Pangoro seems to threaten alot of the meta, especially with SD. Although it's main flaw is being kind of slow, which might make building a bit harder

Pangoro @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 SpD / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot

honestly i still have no clue how to build sun despite some attempts at it so thats why im requesting a sun team built around specs charizard. seeing fire resists get 2hkod by sun boosted fire blasts is so fun tbh

Charizard @ Choice Specs
Ability: Solar Power
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Air Slash

MrAldo

Hey
Exploudit

Tyrantrum @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Head Smash

Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Spikes
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Refresh
- Scald
- Earth Power

Espeon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot / Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power
- Healing Wish
- Seed Flare

Durant @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Crunch
- Superpower

Thanks to eren for putting the effort on working through the general buildup of the team, I just retouched it to patch up some initial weaknesses (to an extent) and got his permission to post it. Anyways, Dragon Dance Tyrantrum is an extremely limiting set to the point where it felt like a huge handicap most of the time. Too slow to sweep in the lategame cause every scarfer can literally get the jump over it, and too much competition between feraligatr, kommo-o, and flygon. However, Rock Polish can still work with some tailored team support that this team aims to fulfill. Standard Rock Polish Tyrantrum with Dragonium Z so you have that lovely dragon nuke without locking yourself into Outrage, and is a more practical approach than Rockium cause Head Smash is already really strong on its own anyways (and still retains part of the initial request).

Spikes Glalie makes for a fantastic partner since it share many similar responses to Tyrantrum so it can overwhelm common checks so Tyrantrum can sweep and in general it is a great mon atm, efficient at keeping up his hazards against every hazard control option available. Seismitoad is a niche pick, but works really well for the team in question giving me the role compression of stealth rock user + status sponge (otherwise it would be something like a Milotic) and deals with Mega Steelix and soft checks Durant which is something this team really needed to have some comfort. Espeon acts as a form of offensive hazard control since trying to fit something like rapid spin tsareena could cause some weakness to Dragon Dance Feraligatr. Grass Knot is pretty replaceable so you can run dazzling gleam if you ever find a Panda. HP Fire to get rid of Durant in a pinch which is a massive threat.

Scarf Shaymin can be pretty subpar at times but it works well for the extra offensive nature of the threat, and to revenge kill stuff like Salazzle. Healing Wish also allows you to play much more aggressively with this team. Lastly Choice Band Durant can punch massive holes on opposing teams, and is another Pokemon that share checks with Tyrantrum so that helps the dinosaur even more in the late game.

Some pointers: Zygarde-10% is extremely annoying for this type of build so keep seismitoad healthy and you have priority ice shard, scarf shaymin, and tanking a hit with durant if you are over 70%, not much can be done if you dont run a gligar but it is far from a straight loss so play your cards carefully. DD Kommo-O is also rough to face so apply pressure at all costs. Dazzling Gleam can be an option over HP Ice on Shaymin for that reason. Milotic can be rather annoying too, but can be overwhelmed easily by the peer pressure of too many physical attackers.

Hope you have fun!

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader
whats good my hermanos, gonna request a nice and balanced team built around felimelo

Meloetta @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

w/ the recent zorark ban, meloetta has one less pokemon that threatens it while it breaks through teams, I feel like this mon makes for a very scary wallbreaker as it can get past plenty of walls w/ ease and it finds plenty of opportunities to set up, show me some FIRE squad

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader
King Wynaut

Tsareena @ Grassium Z
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Aromatherapy

Goodra @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
- Toxic

Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Spikes
- Super Fang
- Ice Shard

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Power Gem
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- X-Scissor
- Aerial Ace

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance

I tried using a team where Goodra will be able to patchup some key weaknesses, particularly Roserade and Shaymin to a less extent, and being able to soak up some hits from more passive mons. In that sense, lefties proved better than choice sets, as it extends its longevity and makes it a bit more able to use coverage. I decided on Thunder because it gives a 2hko chance on phys def Milotic while having a chance to ohko Gatr after rocks. Toxic is almost mandatory since it's the draw of the set, with hitting your standard SpD walls in the tier bar probably Umbreon. Tsareena provides some cleric support alongside it, with the potential of healing itself if so desired. I recommend keeping Rapid Spin on that team, but if you want moar presence HJK/Low Kick or U-turn also work, as I noted in another post on that set.

Rest is offensive stuff, with Durant to speed control and Glalie to provide more hazards. Diancie creeps Abomasnow and can lure Doublade quite well with that set, which has been useful for me, but a bit more bulk can be appreciated. I actually used Kommo-o over Gatr, but ran into some issues with it due to spamming a meh typing in this meta, and like it was recommended, Gatr seems like a better fit due to resistances/Sheer Force. SD Kommo-o is still cool, hopefully we get that back because it's a really neat set.

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Oh it's weak to er, Durant lol, but it's legit super hard to not be the moment you start running offensive teams. Best leave it as little room to setup as possible. On that you could probably use HP Fire over Super Fang if that worries you too much. Fighting checks are awol, but I tried giving them as little room to setup as possible to compensate.

But yeah, hope it works out. Goodra seemed like a better check to stuff with its bulk in theory, but it has some niche uses that I hope I was able to point out!

MrAldo

Hey
tyrantytar

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Will-O-Wisp
- Explosion

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Roost

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpA / 80 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Psychic
- Fire Blast

Leafeon @ Normalium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Double-Edge

Charizard @ Choice Specs
Ability: Solar Power
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Healing Wish

This is more or less how I see a sun team working on the whole spectrum that is the RU metagame. For starters, sun is pretty matchup reliant, so use at your own risk (it can be fun tho, for the user that is). On Sun you want to prevent monsters like Salazzle from basically destroying you from team preview, and limiting setup opportunities for pokemon like kommo-o and Flygon so you aim to cover as creatively as possible with such a restricting concept. Anyways, to the team.

For full sun teams, torkoal is pretty much mandatory. The most reliable option to use sun on the long run since ninetales only really uses drought to abuse it itself. Next, since you wanted Charizard reliable hazard control was necessary in order to keep charizard as healthy as possible since solar power + stealth rock takes a huge toll. Gligar fits the bill perfectly since more defensive stealth rock users can be really annoying for the team to reliable stop, mainly mega steelix and stuff like registeel that could leave a hit from pretty much everything bar charizard.

Next, you REALLY NEED something to stop Salazzle. This should be your number one priority when building with sun cause in the end you are powering up one of Salazzle stab options. Cresselia falls short in Sun since boosted fire blasts still hit it way too hard, and it just flat out dies to firium-z variants. Snorlax would kill momentum, p2 flat out doesnt stop it reliably, so I need an actual fire resist + special sponge + that wasnt affected by sun that much since I would most definitely need a water type (an spdef milotic wouldnt work here) to feel safe. AV Slowking fits the bill here perfectly. The EV spread is customized to always survive +2 Acid Downpour from Salazzle after rocks from full, and blanket a great amount of special attackers. Future Sight helps to add extra pressure to the opponent so it doesnt have that much freedom switching stuff around, and since dark types arent common it makes really good use of it. Fire Blast is just to take advantage of Sun and to kill Escavalier, and Durant if it dares to setup.

Now, this is where it gets interesting. Leafeon is the sun abuser of choice over venusaur for a couple of reasons: 1) Add much physically offensive pressure which the team really needs 2) Outspeed feraligatr with a +Atk Nature which is fantastic 3) Reliable setup move outside of Sun. it is also extremely hard to revenge kill due to the insane speed it reaches under Sun. Nowadays it is recommended to run groundium Z with Dig to dispose of Mega Steelix after some prior damage but I believe normalium with double edge is imperative here to have something to dispose of honchkrow inmediately, which can snowball through the team very easily. The last couple is Specs Charizard which is the requested mon, same set with Specs except I decided to run flamethrower over air slash in case you need to secure a kill with fire stab and you dont need air slash for anything really, and a Scarf Gardevoir to revenge kill stuff like Salazzle, Scarf Tyrantrum, Aerodactyl, and Dragon Dance Gatr after setup so it is really helpful for that alongside the healing wish support, which is always appreciated.

I overextended myself with the explanation but it is the first time since forever I built a serious sun team so lets say I was feeling myself. Hope you enjoy!

Any issues or feedback Im all ears.

1513531789629.jpg

Necrozma @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
+
Kommo-o @ Dragonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Outrage
- Poison Jab

Two mons that has gotten some major buffs in USUM and honestly they seem to beat their counters so would love to see a team with these. Sets are changeable, as long the team is offense I won't mind them being changed.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Decidueye @ Grassium Z / Decidium Z
Ability: Overgrow
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Spirit Shackle
- Leaf Blade
- Substitute
I just have absolutely no clue how to build with this mon. I don't even know where to begin for a second besides Gigalith which I guess if you could use that I would appreciate it. It's B+ and I think it's pbad but I can't make a good team with it so I don't really have a valid opinion.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Recover
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic

Durant @ Darkinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Hone Claws
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge

Hello!

I am really bad at team building, so after being inspired by a couple of cores I found while lurking, I wanted to request for a balanced offense team revolving around Porygon2 and Durant, if possible. The idea is that Porygon2 can take hits and deal out damage to bulkier physical attackers that Durant can't take on, while Durant can absorb toxic for Porygon2 and set up with Hone Claws or go for a dark type nuke with Darkinium Z. I think both Pokemon (of which they are my favorites <3 ) can make for a nice and powerful synergy when coupled with the right team.

I am flexible with sets (or even Pokemon if it's really necessary, but I prefer to keep them both), as long I can enjoy battling with these two Pokemon!

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: KW

MrAldo

Hey
Take Azelfie

Decidueye @ Decidium Z
Ability: Overgrow
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Spirit Shackle
- Sucker Punch

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Overheat

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Curse
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Healing Wish

Ngl, this concept really sent me way out of my comfort zone, and Im still not 100% sold on it but this works for a good base for a good decidueye build and the results have been pretty functional which is nice. The general goal for the team is to provide windows for either honchkrow or gardevoir to clean late game, with a solid defensive backbone to support that. Straightforward, but with a couple of tricks for better survaibility.

Decided to go with decidium Z to give 0 windows to some pokemon that are really threatening to the team like dragalge, escavalier, and kommo-o. Sucker Punch is great priority to kill salazzle and swellow after stealth rock damage which can be handy. Honchkrow is an excellent partner for this set since it appreciates decidueye with decidium Z busting through doublade, mega steelix, diancie and many of its checks while honchkrow is a dark type capable of busting through bewear and helping with umbreon and p2, something decidium fails to cover.

Decidueye offers many problems on the defensive synergy department so milotic makes for an excellent partner. Provides with a great fire sponge, durant and gatr check and everything so whats not to love. Toxic over Refresh cause I cant give kommo-o window of opportunity of setting up. Now, this is where I had to think stuff plenty of times. Defog Rotom-H is far from stellar but the useful set of resistances it provides means it earn the spot on the team. Hard checking mega abomasnow, soft checking some nido sets and durant is really nice tbh. Mega Steelix is an amazing rocker, thats nothing new, however Curse is a little trick that has worked well. This allow Mega Steelix to put more pressure on defensive gligar, getting out of hand for pokemon like p2 and cress which are important for the team to cover and ease a couple of annoying matchups. It has worked well, but Toxic is also an option if it feels unsatisfactory.

Last, but not least important, Scarf Gardevoir. One of the favorite scarfers tbh, healing wish is great so whats not to love and let you play the team a bit more aggresively. Revenge kills gatr, salazzle and stuff in case milotic dies and cant never forget about Sun.

Pointers: Kommo-o needs to be pressured the hell out, it will not setup on anything to comfortably so overwhelm it. If you burn it or poison it, spam Haze with Milotic (Im hoping kommo-o leaves soon!). P2 can also be annoying but that can be played around with status.

Eightscer

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Durant @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Crunch
- Superpower

Rhyperior @ Rindo Berry
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast

Mismagius @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Liquidation
- Superpower

Roserade @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dazzling Gleam
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm

This turned out into more on the offensive side of things, but I hope this covers what you want. So Ajna made a team with that exact same core but I cant be such a headass and go and steal that team. Thats not how I roll so I went with my own version slightly based on his. p2 is an excellent blanket check to many special attackers like Nidoqueen and what not so thats cool to have in this tier. The moveset is standard. Banded Durant is a crazy monster with like no switch-ins so make sure to spam its STAB Moves accordingly. Fantastic mon, not much else to be said honestly.

p2 fails to beat pokemon like Salazzle (it is actually setup bait for it) so Rhyperior complements that weakness really well. Rindo Berry is to always beat Salazzle regardless of the scenario. Like, if the Salazzle used Nasty Plot the rindo berry means you wont die to +2 hidden power grass. Rest of the moveset is standard. Decided to bring back Nasty Plot Mismagius which may not be the best like it was during SM but it certainly offers a lot to the team. Ground immunity/resistances are pretty important in my book, solid snorlax check, good breaker for defensive stuff, and a nice speed tier outspeeding mons like Mega Glalie and Shaymin. Real nice. Moveset is standard.

Feraligatr is one of the best mons in the tier and for good reason. Excellent setup sweeper with great bulk that ease setup, coverage that makes borderline unwallable, and all that good stuff. Dragon Dance is great alongside Durant since the Ant punch holes on teams so the Gator can have an easier time cleaning through them. Last, we have scarf roserade which is the revenge killer of choice for threats like dragon dance kommo-o, opposing dragon dance gatr and Salazzle if it gets out of hand. If Kommo-O ends up leaving, dazzling gleam can be replaced with something else.

Threats include Meloetta which can get really ugly so apply offensive pressure, Taunt it with Mismagius so you can avoid it setting up calm mind against you and revenge kill with Durant or keep Feraligatr healthy since you can setup on it thanks to Gatr great bulk and kill it back. It is kind of uncommon but still a threat to consider. Cloyster is also annoying to face so keep p2 healthy and also apply offensive pressure for this too.

if you have any issues with the teams, feel free to communicate them. Im generally always available on the RU room and forums so make sure to message me for any criticism you may have on this.

Hope you guys like it, and have fun!

Hey i'd like to have a team built around Mega Banette:

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Claw
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off

Mega Banette has always been cool for that Prankster Destiny Bond despite the nerf of its ability, and it has 165 Base Power Attack to threaten some defensive checks. I'd like some kind a balance build to support and make Mega Banette shine as much as possible, although i'm aware that it's not super good. The builder can change the set if he/she feels there's a better one. Thank you!

Gligar and Swellow U-turn Core

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Swellow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Air Slash
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

Gligar is a premier utility mon in the RU meta; with the given moveset, it clears hazards and provides switch-in opportunities for offensive teammates. Gligar’s weak offensive presence often leads it to becoming set-up bait for opposing sweepers, which is why it benefits from offensive teammates that can revenge set-up sweepers. Defog, U-turn, and Roost are staples for Gligar in this core, but whether Gligar should run Earthquake, Acrobatics, or Knock-Off is best determined according to the team’s needs.

Swellow picks off sweepers that try to set-up or power through Gligar, but Swellow synergizes particularly well with Gligar, because Boomburst allows it to hit through substitutes that might get set up. Swellow also relies on Gligar’s defog support to switch in often and be utilized to greatest effect. Scarf Moltres and Specs/Scarf Noivern were two similar pokemon I considered for this role. I found that Swellow hits much more reliably (accuracy and lack of resists) than Moltres, and I think that reliability is an underrated facet of the game. Noivern is an interesting possibility too. Not only can it hit though subs like Swellow, access to switcheroo allows it interesting options against bulkier teams. Please use either Moltres or Noivern if you feel it would better complete the team.

This core fills two important team slots: hazard removal and fast wall breaker/win condition. What’s more is both of these mons rarely fail to pull their weight, because they can U-turn in the presence of their counters. Obviously, this is only there very beginning of the team. An effective stealth rock user, pokemon to compliment Gligar defensively and Swellow offensively, while making most use of the momentum they bring are the steps needed to make the most effective team here.

Some teammate ideas that came to mind when building this core were: spikes from Roserade or Mega-Glalie- to rack up residual damage from u-turning and double switches, CM Fightium-Z Meloetta- to lure Swellows counters, and Mega-Ampharos- to pivot on waters and birds whilst contributing to the Volt-turn theme. I think of this core as more of a canvas for wall breaking ideas, rather than an idea connected to any of the aforementioned plans, and I’m curious to see what you guys come up with!

Hello RU builders! I still have almost two weeks left in my break and am getting back into Showdown, so I'm requesting a team built around DD Flygon. Scarf Flygon is pretty good, but Dragon Dance is a really neat tool that the goggled dragon got in SM and think it could make a good focal point of a team. I have no preference on the play style, so have fun with it! The set can be altered too (other than DD of course), but I think this is a good start:
Flygon @ Dragonium Z / Groundium Z
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Iron Tail

Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Roost
- Flamethrower

Moltres sounds like quite the potent Pokemon, but is fairly needy in terms of team support. As such, I'd like to see how you guys build to address these needs. I'm not picky regarding team archetype or composition; anything will be good education.

eren

je suis d'ailleurs

The Underside of Power
-------------

Import
Requested by: Jarii and Gorechomp
-------------

SD Necrozma is quite the interesting proposition and it took me quite the while to find a team I felt comfortable posting here. Went with SR Kommo-o because he's the best mon in the tier and thus satiated Jarii's request so I rolled with it! SD Gatr to help break down teams alongside Necrozma. I am the sincerest Doublade hater ever but I used it here because it was better than Durant or Mega Steelix—for obvious reasons, so I used him. Defog Rotom-Mow because I love him and he can bring in Kommo-o rather easily and throws out wisps so it's nice for crippling stuff. Also is an effective Milotic check. Scarf Moltres in the last slot because he fit the best aesthetically and typing wise. Team can struggle with Salazzle if you're not careful.

potential changes:
•you could do dd kommo-o > rocks and rocks necrozma > sd which would probably be a bit more consistent since dd kommo-o in itself is much more dangerous
you could try dd gatr, but i think sd is much better right now.

Kodama
-------------

Import
Requested by: sketchy ecchi

-------------

Well, much apologies if you really wanted volt-turn, but I didn't entertain that idea for this build. Overall, I feel like rotom-mow is much more synergistic with Swellow right now purely based on the fact that Registeel is very uncommon and it has much better matchups overall because it can't get pressured—as easily—by say Curse Mega Steelix or SR physical Kommo-o. I chose to run Knock Off over U-turn on Gligar by the end of the build because it can allow your breakers—Swellow, Durant, Kommo-o—much more leeway in pressuring defensive walls, particularly Milotic. With your core in mind, I immediately added Durant based on the rationale that it is the best Steel-type on offense. Fight-Z is the best set right now so I used it. The Scarf Roserade set may seem odd but let me elucidate a bit. Hitting Durant wasn't as necessary due to having both Gligar and Swellow. Furthermore, I wanted several things out of Roserade: the ability to revenge DD Kommo-o and Spikes. Thus no Poison-STAB Roserade is here. SR Kommo-o because Kommo-o is amazing and I needed rocks and he fit best. Milotic, in the wise words of MrAldo, is the second ice resist cause the team is really weak to ice and fire. Ice Beam over Refessh because I wanted to pressure Rotom-Mow, Shaymin, etc a bit more and I'm not overly concerned with Toxic Mega Steelix, Registeel, or opposing Milotic.

potential changes:
•Refresh over Ice Beam on Milo
Not much can be feasibly changed without restructuring the whole team

I hope you guys enjoy the teams, I promise we are not all dead but we are all pretty busy. Happy New Year!

The Underside of Power
-------------

Import
Requested by: Jarii and Gorechomp
-------------

SD Necrozma is quite the interesting proposition and it took me quite the while to find a team I felt comfortable posting here. Went with SR Kommo-o because he's the best mon in the tier and thus satiated Jarii's request so I rolled with it! SD Gatr to help break down teams alongside Necrozma. I am the sincerest Doublade hater ever but I used it here because it was better than Durant or Mega Steelix—for obvious reasons, so I used him. Defog Rotom-Mow because I love him and he can bring in Kommo-o rather easily and throws out wisps so it's nice for crippling stuff. Also is an effective Milotic check. Scarf Moltres in the last slot because he fit the best aesthetically and typing wise. Team can struggle with Salazzle if you're not careful.

potential changes:
•you could do dd kommo-o > rocks and rocks necrozma > sd which would probably be a bit more consistent since dd kommo-o in itself is much more dangerous
you could try dd gatr, but i think sd is much better right now.

Kodama
-------------

Import
Requested by: sketchy ecchi

-------------

Well, much apologies if you really wanted volt-turn, but I didn't entertain that idea for this build. Overall, I feel like rotom-mow is much more synergistic with Swellow right now purely based on the fact that Registeel is very uncommon and it has much better matchups overall because it can't get pressured—as easily—by say Curse Mega Steelix or SR physical Kommo-o. I chose to run Knock Off over U-turn on Gligar by the end of the build because it can allow your breakers—Swellow, Durant, Kommo-o—much more leeway in pressuring defensive walls, particularly Milotic. With your core in mind, I immediately added Durant based on the rationale that it is the best Steel-type on offense. Fight-Z is the best set right now so I used it. The Scarf Roserade set may seem odd but let me elucidate a bit. Hitting Durant wasn't as necessary due to having both Gligar and Swellow. Furthermore, I wanted several things out of Roserade: the ability to revenge DD Kommo-o and Spikes. Thus no Poison-STAB Roserade is here. SR Kommo-o because Kommo-o is amazing and I needed rocks and he fit best. Milotic, in the wise words of MrAldo, is the second ice resist cause the team is really weak to ice and fire. Ice Beam over Refessh because I wanted to pressure Rotom-Mow, Shaymin, etc a bit more and I'm not overly concerned with Toxic Mega Steelix, Registeel, or opposing Milotic.

potential changes:
•Refresh over Ice Beam on Milo
Not much can be feasibly changed without restructuring the whole team

I hope you guys enjoy the teams, I promise we are not all dead but we are all pretty busy. Happy New Year!
Thanks, bruh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)