Walrus RODAN's epic walrus (for gamers) - Won by asek

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 10th scoring 5.3 points: Myzozoa

Blondie - Rapture

Gotta respect the classics. Obviously not nearly as good or as tight as modern hip hop but its a valiant effort at a time where the genre didnt really exist. I can fuck with this song.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 9th scoring 5.8 points: zorbees

Becky G - Turn Up The Music

I honestly expected to hate this a lot. Like an insane amount, but her flow is actually pretty decent. The big thing I can’t fucking stand about this song is the beat. The beat is so repetitive but in the worst possible way. Its grating, actually driving me insane.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 8th with 7 points: Yeti

Eminem - Real Slim Shady

Always appreciate a classic. This song is very very good. Suffers a little bit from overplay though. It’s not one of my personal favourite Eminem tracks, but even mediocre early 2000s Eminem is great.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 7th with 7.7 points: DaLetterEl

Blu & Exile - So(ul) Amazing

This is the part of the list where it is extremely hard to make cuts, because I really really like everything thats left. This song has a really awesome chill vibe to it which I just absolutely groove to. The only reason I have it here and not higher is it isn’t as memorable as some of the other tracks that come ahead of it.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 6th with 7.9 points: sam-testings

Kid Cudi - Day N Nite

Remember when Kid Cudi was great and not complete fucking garbage. This song is as chill as the last song, but with a lot more intensity to it at the same time. I love everything about this song. It’s hard to cut songs now. Wah.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 5th with 8 points: vonFiedler

Tupac - Life Goes On

This is my weakness. It’s 90s rap. I love 90s rap. This song is insanely corny but in the perfect way. Sorta reminds me of Mo Money Mo Problems. I honestly never listened to much Tupac, was always a biggie fan - but this makes me want to check out more by him.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 4th with 8.1 points: Walrein

Atmosphere - Smart Went Crazy

Never would have expected Walrein to submit this. I fully expected another Eminem submission from him. This is some good shit, I’d never even heard of the group before so that’s nice. A nice thoughtful rap song with an absolutely killer beat and some tight rapping.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 3rd with 8.8 points: Lord Gaius

Organized Konfusion - Prisoners of War

Insanely amazing. The beat blows my dick off, the rapping is tight as fuck. 90s rap style too, im cumming. This is so fucking good, Doing cuts sucks. I can’t believe i’ve never listened to these guys before, I feel like im out of the loop. This sounds like Wu-Tang.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 2nd with 9.1 points: Martin

Eminem - Stan

This song is my favourite Eminem song. It’s honestly borderline perfect. I like songs that tell a narrative and the story in Stan is one of the most classic of all time. The Dido sample is perfectly haunting too. Not much to say about this song as it has been talked about to death before.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 1st with 9.8 points: Asek

Big L - No Endz No Skinz

This song is one of my top 5 rap songs of all time. Big L’s lyricism is unmatched, and I just love 90s rap. The beat is so good. RIP Big L - Hope Ur Rappin In Heaven. This is the biggest fucking earworm too. I sing the chorus to this song all the time inadvertently ever since I heard it the first time ilke 4 years ago. It has Never left my brain, and I don’t get sick of it either - thats the sign of a masterwork.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 15th with 2 points: Martin

A Picture of Her - 1992

You submitted this to walreins walrus. Bitch. Not only that but its also boring. I can’t believe you biffed the gook category.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 14th with 3.3 points: sam-testings

Wanting 曲婉婷 - 我的歌声里 (You Exist In My Song)

I honestly just think chinese doesnt lend itself very well to music. The language is a little too guttural to truly sound appealing to me. I do like the tone of this song, but I could never imagine listening to it again outside of this walrus.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 13th with 4.1 points: Da Letter El

LAGOON - Kimi no Matsu Sekai (君の待つ世界)

This is the most generic anime opening i’ve ever heard. It hits every beat you would expect in a bog standard boring ass OP.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 12th with 4.8 points: Texas Cloverleaf

Marie Digby - Say it Again

This sounds like Michelle Branch (who I really like) but without a voice I can truly enjoy. There is something generic and sorta boring about this.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 11th with 5.1 points: shubaka17

chay - 恋のはじまりはいつも突然に

Her voice is good, but it sounds pretty standard jpop. Also this is only like 1 minute long. If this was a full song I would probably put it higher, because it is pretty appealing.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 10th with 5.5 points: KnightsOfCydonia

ASIAN KUNG FU GENERATION - Kimi No Machi Made

I can fuck with asian kung fu generation. I really love the tatami galaxy opening. Its a shame everything else i’ve heard by them has failed to inspire anything in me. This is perfectly passable but nothing special.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 8th with 7 points: Blazade

Darkness of the Unknown

The KH2 Soundtrack is burned into my brain forever. This song gives me minor PTSD. Still crazy hype though, love the strings.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 6th with 7.7 points: Steven Snype

Yui - Again

I’ve not actually seen FMAB. I really enjoy this though, I love Yui’s voice a lot. This song just is insanely pleasing to the ear and almost makes me want to watch fma:b even though I probably never will hehe xp.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 5th with 7.8 points: Walrein

SHISHAMO - Nettaiya

This nails every single aesthetic about japanese music that I enjoy. I love the chill vibe to this song, and the funky guitar. And her voice oh lord. It’s so damn pleasing to the ear. This is the type of song you could slow down a fuckton and make into a vaporwave song.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)