Gen 1 RoA Mini-Tournament 25: RBY STABmons - Congrats DSM01

Status
Not open for further replies.
~RoA Mini-Tournament 25~

For our 25th Mini-Tour, we'll be tackling RBY STABmons. The format is based on RBY OU, but every Pokemon has access to every move of their type (as well as their pre-evolution's types). So, Starmie gains Crabhammer and Amnesia, as it's Water and Psychic. Vaporeon gains Clamp and Lovely Kiss, as it's Water and Eevee is Normal. Needless to say, you can make some pretty wild teams.

Best of luck, battlers ^.^
How to participate:
The RoA Mini-Tournaments are run just like an official Smogon tournament. The first post in the thread is the sign-ups. During the sign-ups you post "in".

The Rounds will last approximately 7 days or less from the second the round is posted here in the RoA forum. At the end of that time, I will call any unfinished matches and move to the next round.
All of the Rounds will take place in this thread, so keep your eyes peeled for when the round is over and the next round has started!

Each mini-tournament will consist of 16, 24, or 32 participants, no more than that or it stops being mini. First 16 are in for 16- and 24-man tourneys with the last 9 randomized for 24-man tourneys, and the first 20 are in with the last 12 being randomized for 32-man tourneys. Each sign-ups will try to achieve 32 participants, but if it isn't possible, then it will be a 16- or 24-man tourney with the first 16 that signed up in.

Please schedule all matches via VM. I can't see your PMs or outside chats, so without VMs, I don't have any actual proof of activity and will just flip a coin. If you schedule your match on Discord or something, try to leave each other a VM. That way, I can see you've both agreed to a time and you also have a nice reminder right on your profile~

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

RoA Mini-Tournaments Rules:
Battles will be played on the Pokemon Showdown simulator.

This is a single elimination best of one tournament.

You may switch your team each round.

Other things to note about RoA Mini-Tournaments:
All Rounds will take place in this thread, so keep your eyes peeled for the start of new rounds and sign-ups.

Each tournament will feature a different past metagame, ranging from RBY to ORAS, including any recognized tiers or metagames from these gens.

Keeping replays / logs is highly recommended, and I'd like any semi-finals and finals match logs PMed to me, so we can all check out the replays after the tournament is over.

Any of the above rules are subject to change depending on the tourney.

Hall of Fame:
  • RoA Mini-Tourney 01: DPP UU - SilentVerse
  • RoA Mini-Tourney 02: ADV Ubers - undisputed
  • RoA Mini-Tourney 03: RBY OU - Kennen
  • RoA Mini-Tourney 04: DPP Ubers - HSA
  • RoA Mini-Tourney 05: GSC OU + Ho-Oh
  • RoA Mini-Tourney 06: Abnormal RBY - Crystal_
  • RoA Mini-Tourney 07: ADV UU - MarceloDK
  • RoA Mini-Tourney 08: DPP LC
  • RoA Mini-Tourney 09: GSC OU - M Dragon
  • RoA Mini-Tourney 10: RBY Ubers - Jorgen
  • RoA Mini-Tourney 11: ADV 200 - ]V[ajinTupacZ
  • RoA Mini-Tourney 12: DPP Dragons
  • RoA Mini-Tourney 13: Weatherless BW - SOMALIA
  • RoA Mini-Tourney 14: No Lax GSC - MoxieInfinite
  • RoA Mini-Tourney 15: Psyches Out RBY - Isa
  • RoA Mini-Tourney 16: ADV NU - scorpdestroyer
  • RoA Mini-Tourney 17: DPP Mixer - DSM01
  • RoA Mini-Tourney 18: BW RU - FAJI
  • RoA Mini-Tourney 19: LatiMence DPP - Marshall.Law
  • RoA Mini-Tourney 20: Blind BW - Marshall.Law
  • RoA Mini-Tourney 21: RBY Mewbers - Peasounay
  • RoA Mini-Tourney 22: GSC STABmons - Colossus
  • RoA Mini-Tourney 23: ADV BL
  • RoA Mini-Tourney 24: Blind ORAS - SOMALIA

Don't know where to report this but Lovely Kiss isn't working on the server, couldn't teach it to Jolteon or Normal Types, figured it was banned but it's listed in OP for Vap

in

can we use non stab moves if they're normally learnt or is it ONLY stab moves allowed? eg. can snorlax still use body slam?

Thanks

Last edited:
Don't know where to report this but Lovely Kiss isn't working on the server, couldn't teach it to Jolteon or Normal Types, figured it was banned but it's listed in OP for Vap
Tagging The Immortal
can we use non stab moves if they're normally learnt or is it ONLY stab moves allowed? eg. can snorlax still use body slam?
Non-STAB moves that they already know are fine. So, Starmie can use Thunderbolt and Blizzard still, it just also picks up every Water and Psychic move as well.

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Tagging The Immortal

Non-STAB moves that they already know are fine. So, Starmie can use Thunderbolt and Blizzard still, it just also picks up every Water and Psychic move as well.
what moves are/arent allowed to be learned by other pokemon? currently gen1 stab is just inheriting from gen7 stab's move banlist, so an individual list for gen 1 could help. regardless, im working on it

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
yeah
jolteon lovely kiss miss didn't help
super fang miss didn't help either
gyarados missing the crabhammer that brought exeggutor into drill peck range didn't help either
and missing clamps and wraps was the cherry on top

kinda sad because this tier looked fun but this is the game we play
use gyarados btw its a fucking menace

Requesting extension, me and my opp planned to play this weekend because of weekday time zone/scheduling issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)