PU PUPL Serious Polite Heavily Moderated Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Time To Shitpost

I'll be fair to the competition (all of whom are going to lose to the Fudge Packing Passimians) and not include my own team in the power rankings. With that out of the way, let's introduce the team with the only manager whose self-buy was also an overpay: Team Pikachu. With a terrible name like that you're just begging to go 0-5, imo

Kushalos: stef has played every tier in every gen in existence so he is highly sought after since he can build for anything. Unfortunately for him, Anty's putting him on ADV PU, a fake meta where anyone can win, so his potential might be largely wasted

Honko: veteran DPP player, should be doing well

Anty: managed to get bought for 26k and performed average at best two years ago, for which I will never stop bullying him. Did he get better over the years? Probably not, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and predict that he'll win at least one game :}

ict: good player but doesn't seem comfortable with the meta yet, could perform very well if he gets a bit of practice & learns how to calc

tko: good player from hearsay but he's looking p benched, alas

p2: pee2

49: he listens to death grips

Lycans: this team's full of players who are good overall but probably never heard of PU until PUPL signups, lycans is another one of those. as you can imagine this is why i am mildly skeptical of their chance at taking w's but you know what they say, if anty can get bought for 26k literally anything can happen

DrReuniclus: sorry don't know you

False.: sorry don't know you

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
DOUBLE FEATURE WOO

Coming in at #4, the rodent team that is marginally less awful than the other rodent team, HJAD's Dicklicking Dedennes or whatever!
Teddeh: having fled the eternally angry NU community, Teddeh is now in exile in the PU community where he is regarded as one of the better players around. If you need a good reason as to why PU is barred from being represented in big tournaments, here's a great one

Taskr: Taskr recently beat FLCL so I guess that makes him the PUPL king or whatever. Solid player, one of the few people on here who will most likely end up with a positive w-l ratio :}

Dibs The Dreamer: I was gonna call him good but I noticed he called Specs Guzzlord an unset in the logs of his recent PUPL game. Never mind my man, go ahead and lose

HJAD: idk what his name stands for but I do know he needs to put an L in there know what I mean

Christo: plays BW for the dedennes so I guess it doesn't really matter how good he is since no one except omfuga even knows how to play that shit

snagaa: I traded him off so he better suck, I don't wanna look like someone who made a bad deal

Quite Quiet: does qq even play no offense

Heysup: not much hbu

Rwby: meme team aficionado but he can do fine if he doesn't use E-rank garbage

ggggd: fjfoirsgjortgo

Number 3, the team that can't win without hax, the Dreadful Drampas!
RawMelon: more like RawJohn. Decent player but needs to learn how to respond to VMs smh

BOUFF: accidentally bought for astronomical prices, BOUFF will probably disappoint astronomically. Good player still so who knows rly

TJ: made a teammate of mine very salty so that makes him sucky by default, u don't mess with the squad fucko. Anyway for real he's ok but could work both on his teambuilding and his playing from what I've seen, noticed some fairly obvious weaknesses in his recent teams and needs to work in securing wins lategame but he can do fine if he works on that

Megazard: hahahaha his original username was Bippy can u believe this shit

Ares: honestly haven't seen Montsegur play in a while but he's french so he'll just forfeit turn 1 every time imo

Finchinator: has eyebrows i guess

Raseri: cute user and my fave NUPL manager but also veteran loser, I'm afraid I don't trust my ex-manager to win a game :{ great benchwarmer/team mascot tho imo

Empo: sorry don't know you

Disjunktion: supposedly good at DPP?

Mysterious M: mysterious because nobody knows who he is amirite hahahahaha. I played him for tryouts tho and he's fine, looks pretty benched atm but not a bad choice for a sub in case Megazard needs one

Optical Real: sorry don't know you

iRebel: more like iSuck haha

Sam I Yam: I still don't get his name. Good player though.

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Why is there no dislike button for that post? Poor dibs the GOAT

Last edited:

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Time To Shitpost

I'll be fair to the competition (all of whom are going to lose to the Fudge Packing Passimians) and not include my own team in the power rankings. With that out of the way, let's introduce the team with the only manager whose self-buy was also an overpay: Team Pikachu. With a terrible name like that you're just begging to go 0-5, imo

Kushalos: stef has played every tier in every gen in existence so he is highly sought after since he can build for anything. Unfortunately for him, Anty's putting him on ADV PU, a fake meta where anyone can win, so his potential might be largely wasted

Honko: veteran DPP player, should be doing well

Anty: managed to get bought for 26k and performed average at best two years ago, for which I will never stop bullying him. Did he get better over the years? Probably not, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and predict that he'll win at least one game :}

ict: good player but doesn't seem comfortable with the meta yet, could perform very well if he gets a bit of practice & learns how to calc

tko: good player from hearsay but he's looking p benched, alas

p2: pee2

49: he listens to death grips

Lycans: this team's full of players who are good overall but probably never heard of PU until PUPL signups, lycans is another one of those. as you can imagine this is why i am mildly skeptical of their chance at taking w's but you know what they say, if anty can get bought for 26k literally anything can happen

DrReuniclus: sorry don't know you

False.: sorry don't know you
vs

Fudge Packing Passimians (0) vs Team Pikachu (5)

Karma is a fucking bitch, ain't it?

Hello everyone. I wanted to make this my 1500th message but whatever, make it 1501. Now that the Marxist Marowaks have been officially eliminated from PUPL, I'd like to say a couple of things. I'm not going to discuss how the draft went (I'm saving that for my obvious interview in the recap article), but just to lay down some general considerations. First of all, I'd like to thank all of my team members for the effort they put into the tournament. I had to make very few substitutions and everyone played their games when asked to, which is something that people take for granted but as we have seen it's not always going to happen. We all got along pretty well I think, and even though we indeed encountered some difficulties at some point particulary at the beginning, we managed to overcome them. I like to think that everyone believed we could get through until the very end... or at least I did, thinking about ties, w-l ratios, how the Stoutlands getting 4 activity wins could fuck us in whichever scenario. I (but I should say "we", really) truly never gave up, as I think everyone in the discord server can confirm. Some shoutouts now but this won't be very long.

Tricking: I don't really have much to add to the other post. 20k well spent. Shame for that last game that will ruin the perfect record, but alas.
LordST: Another investment that proved to be worth making. Nibbas crying overpay and then getting bodied week after week in bw and adv alike lol...
MiyoKa: I'm gonna be very honest and say that right after the auction I was regretting buying you because I thought there would be some behavior issues. Glad that didn't happen at all and instead I got a solid old gens player.
pancake: Cut the self commiseration and just give your best! You're a great player and can definitely achieve great results.
GeneralAnnoyance: Thanks a lot for all the effort and building you put in for all of us, really. And the one true FLCL slayer.
Arifeen: "hound plz buy me all other teams have shit names" yes I agree actually especially Anty
Shaneghoul: Definitely the pleasant surprise of the draft, but maybe that's on me since I'm not really into the tours community. Great player and good teammate. Even if you don't main this tier (not yet at least!!) you still helped with building and testing a lot, and I really appreciate it.
Raiza: Italian team represent
YABO Bushtush: In hindsight I should have probably given you more space but the next time I see that Kabutops set you're getting banned
Star: P sure you were our ORAS salvation since no one plays that tier
Chrisloud1: Unfortunate circumstances happened so we didn't really see you. Hope everything is fine.

Anty: Trash
dundies False. : imagine hound+false+dundies! the team that never was...
galbia: Win!!

This post might seem a bit dramatic and maybe it is, but this tour really meant a lot to me. Thanks everyone! And see you next year, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)