PumpHead's Phazing Ubers

Hello all! I'm a newbie to Smog, but I've played for about 3 months and I've decided to join the community. This team I've been using for Pokebank Ubers has been running really well, and I thought I'd put it out on Smogon to see if anything could notably be fixed.

(Deoxys-Speed) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
This is intended for a suicide lead with enough bulk to wipe Blaziken and Gengar-Mega out. Taunt can also cock-block hazards and stalls, with the extra SATK EVs giving it enough of a kick to one-shot Gengar, Blaziken, and occasional Terrakions. There's no Speed EVs for it, even though I'm considering that just for the sole purpose of outspeeding Scarfed pokes.

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Roar
The ever-so-bulky Giratina is very important to this team. Not only is the Dragon Tailing hazards important, it also serves to block Rapid Spin and take hits from Blaziken and Genesect. It runs a rest talker set which never likes to use anything but Rest for me.

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Roar
- Toxic
Another Roarer and Toxic-staller. It's Steel for that Toxic immunity, and it has Judgement to kill Xerneas and make sure Taunt doesn't struggle it. It can spam recover to make sure it doesn't die.

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 SDef / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Oblivion Wing
- Hurricane
- Taunt
Physical Yveltal with Sucker Punch is really brutal to a lot of things. The Dark Aura and Life Orb makes it a 132 Base that can kill Mewtwo Y, Deoxys, and many other threats laughably easy. Taunt is carried to shut down spikers and setups and Oblivion Wing for Shaymin and Mewtwo X.

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Blaze Kick
- High Jump Kick
Used for the offensive parts of this team, Blaziken Mega has the potential to sweep entire teams if it's boosted. After enough Speed Boosting and SD, it one shots everything but Giratina and Kyogre. Protect can buy time for Toxic'd opponents and speed boost taking affect, and Blaze Kick is used over Flare Blitz because of the recoil.

Kyogre @ Focus Sash
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SDef / 128 Def
Bold Nature
- Water Spout
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Ice Beam
Kyogre brings in bulk to keep threats at bay. Water Spouting can wreck with Rest, and it can deliver onslaughts to Groudon and Ho-Oh. Ice Beam is good for Shaymin and Yveltals that can get in it's way otherwise.

If there's anything that can be easily improved, let me know. It's been working very well so far, and improving it would be even better!

Last edited:
The first thing is that your sweeper is a Fire-type, but you have Drizzle on your side. This might not be a problem since you can easily stall it out with Protect, your Arceus, and Kyogre won't have to die immediately, but still, something to think about, it'll definitely slow down your momentum and let things set up on you or grt free switches if you do need to use Blaze Kick while rain is up. I recommend switching Kyogre with something else, preferably something that can actually take out Kyogre which looks like a problem, especially if it runs Thunder and Ice Beam. if it does, it can wipe your team fairly easily. To neuter that, I'd go specially defensive over physically defensive on your Giratina to take more Ice Beams and Dragon-type moves. You may also want to switch Kyogre with something else. Though I can see how it benefits your Arceus as it neuters se fire moves, it just interrupts Blaziken's momentum so much it's probably not worth it. So here's my suggestion. Replace Blaziken with Mega Scizor. Drizzle removes its only weakness, fire, which Kyogre can take care of easily combined with SR. It's bulky enough to stall with Roost if need be, can set up a good couple of SD easily, and makes up for your lack of a revenge killer with Bullet Punch. Whatever you run after that is up to you, it doesn't die to Kyogre as easily as Blaziken and though it lacks Speed and coverage, it's better at setting up, actually LIKES Drizzle, can help more with your Toxic, and has priority. Oh, and one more thing. If you want a Bulky Kyogre, it doesn't need a focus sash, it won't be ohkoed anyway, Kyogre is bulky on its own even without all that investment. You may want Leftovers recovery instead. Hope I helped. :)

Last edited:

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Atm your team is incredibly ekiller and xerneas weak.

+2 252+ SpA (custom) Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Arceus-Steel: 364-430 (82.16 - 97.06%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Muscle Band Arceus-Normal Shadow Force vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Giratina: 506-596 (100.59 - 118.48%) -- guaranteed OHKO

(506, 512, 518, 524, 530, 536, 542, 548, 554, 560, 566, 572, 578, 584, 590, 596)

In addition your deo-s set doesn't help your team at all thanks to how prevalent defog is and you lack the ability to pressure defog users.
Also ditch blazekenite for LO and go low kick > HJK and flare blitz > blaze kick since it's more effective as a late game sweeper. Also your kyogre set is just....... Idk it doesn't help your team and your set is just useless against the vast majority of things that threaten your team. I'd advise changing it to something either more defensive or offensive rather than some weird mix of both.

I'll post a more in depth rate in a few

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)