Project PU Teambuilding Competition (Spiritomb noms)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
approved by le mods
stolen from DOU

AMAZING BANNER BY Dibs The Dreamer

Welcome to the PU Teambuilding Competition! This is a weekly competition which you can join at any time. Basically, what we are going to do here is we are going to see who can build the better team, hence the name. Each week, I will post a core, set, theme, or Pokemon and then you guys will post an importable of a team featuring said concept. Along with the team, you will post a short summary that may include: your teambuilding process, how the team works, replays, etc.; it's gonna look like a mini-RMT of sorts. After a few days, I will close submissions and then anyone can come and vote on the team which they think is best. The winner of the week will get some sweet bragging rights while also having their team featured for everyone to see in the teams hall of fame n_n

Rules and Mechanics: Here's the process of how this competition will be hosted
  1. Five (5) days of submission of teams and discussion. Post your entry on the thread, be sure to follow this format!

2. Two (2) days of voting for the winning team
sprites
import
description

Submitting Teams: Please include the following when submitting your teams. Post your entry on the thread!
  • Optional but recommended: sprites. Setting to choose "sprites" in the sprites category in this sprite converter (http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php) will help me TREMENDOUSLY.
  • Importable of your team in a hide tag
  • A brief description of your teambuilding process and how the team plays in another hide tag together.
  • Basically, that means you'll be using TWO hidetags in total.
It is recommended that you implement sprites (http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php), replays, or other things to improve your chances but you must have the two in the bullet points :]

If you're using sprites, place them outside of the hide tags, not inside them!

Discussion and Changes: People are free to talk about their and other people's teams in this thread. People can make suggestions to other people's team but only to an extent; while you can suggest small things such as a nature change or move change, don't change up their team's structure or rebuild it because there's a different forum (RMT) for that. This isn't an RMT thread.

Winning: If you win, then congratulations! You'll have your name and team featured on the PU Teambuilding Hall of Fame yay.

Copying Teams: Please don't. This just ruins the fun we can get out of this competition and is against the rules. You'll be DQd from the week if you were found copying other people's teams. If you suspect someone of doing this, PM me. Hopefully no one would do this but take this as a warning.

On Bandwagoning / Namevoting: Please don't do this either. Don't just vote for a guy just because they have a ton of votes already or they're famous. Don't feel pressured to vote for anyone for any reason other than having the best team. If you really think a team is the best out there, vote for that team; don't let anything pressure you to do otherwise. Bandwagoning just ruins the spirit of this competition and isn't cool :[
On Suggestions: If you have any suggestions for this competition, feel free to PM me. It'll be considered but there are ultimately no promises if it'll be implemented though.

On Slashes: In play, you can only bring four moves; whatever set of moves you choose slashes is reflective of your own skill as a builder, and having slashes in a submission would be against the point. This is your own team; this isn't an analysis.

Tiers: A week is for PU unless stated otherwise.

Current Slate:

DRAMPA

Last edited:

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus

Calm Mind Mesprit
mesprit is like an old friend returning. however, most sets with it are some variation of stealth rock. for this week, your task it to make a team around calm mind mesprit for the entire community to vote upon. good luck, your five day building period starts now!​

https://pastebin.com/PVaWHvDU

Decided to build around the core of Sub CM Mesprit and Weezing. Weezing adds tremendous support to mesprit, as it set ups Toxic Spikes to wear down her checks and can switch in on knock offs and u-turns with ease thanks to Iciuim Z. Assault Vest Hitmonchan was added next as it was able to take on most any special attacker that Mesprit and/or Wezeing couldn't, such as Guzzlord or Acid Spray Skuntank. Afterwards, Guzzlord since its ability to break heavily aids Mesprit's sweep and Hitmonchan in Rapid Spinning by getting rid of ghosts. Regirock was added next because the team was in need of a sturdy normal resist and a SR setter. Lastly Primape was slapped on as a revenger and a potential Defog punisher thanks to Defiant. Overall it's a simple balance team that's easy to use and isn't reliant on match up.

replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-629834958
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-628945423

Last edited:
Sub CM Mesprit Bulky Offense

I started out with Sub CM Mesprit since that seemed like the coolest Calm Mind set. Qwilfish seemed like an obvious partner since Mesprit can't check Fighting types too well without Colbur, Mesprit offers the Ground immunity for Qwilfish and T-Spikes are great in combination with Sub CM. Hitmonchan was next since I needed something to check Pawniard because that screws over Mesprit+Qwilfish, Chan also gave me Rapid Spin and acts as a Special blanket check which is nice. Golem is good for setting Stealth Rock and has great role compression in Normal reisist+Electric immune. Absol is great for breaking down defensive cores and improves my match up vs Stall and Ghosts. Last slot I needed a grass resist and a Z-move user, Charizard is probably the best option and Z-Celebrate is really cool for cleaning up late game. Overall the team is pretty slow but has tons of priority and takes on what it needs to so thats kinda nullified.

Mesprit @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 208 HP / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Drain Punch

Golem @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Absol @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

Charizard @ Normalium Z
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Celebrate
- Focus Blast

Last edited:

First of all, I want to shout out EnemyJurist because he ran this thread when I joined this site and is a good friend :toast:

I found this set a little hard to build around just because the support required for the kind of team I had in mind doesn't leave much room for variety. My first attempt came out looking exactly like Taskr's team, so I changed it up a little and still its very similar to the teams already posted. I also tried cm 3 attacks with colbur, but I do not recommend it.

I used Sub/Calm Mind just like the others.(BTW the hp evs are from oras nu and allows it to set up on sm pu mons that carried over like lanturn, so it seemed relevant still) Alolan Ret is a perfect wall breaker to pair with this kind of set up sweeper, especially for the ghost types mes wants removed. A fighting type seemed apt to complete this offensive core, and scarf ape is the best fighting type revenge killer I can think of off the top of my head. A real fighting check was necessary seeing as non colbur mes cannot do that, I chose Weezing. I also chose to go without toxic spikes because dispite being broken (lol) it doesnt have the same effect on a more offensive team like this and wisp, taunt, pain split is annoying to face. Swanna was my defogger of choice because it is a secondary fighting resist that provides offensive pressure. Finally, Golem is the rocker because of all the reasons one would use golem. Normal resist, electric immunity, and I used spedef because my team had zero bulk on that side and its a good toxic user.

I dont have any replays because I only played one test game :p

Mesprit @ Leftovers
EVs: 208 HP / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam

Raticate-Alola @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Hustle
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Swanna @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Hurricane

Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 212 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rock Blast
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Ok so I was gonna post some tryhard garbage but it looked exactly like the above teams so without further ado:

LST's Magic Room Extravanganza feat. CM Mesprit

Console Widow (Lunatone) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Magic Room
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Psychic

Symmetra One Trick (Mesprit) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Substitute
- Ice Beam

Doomfist Main (Pinsir) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Genji Main (Charizard) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Solar Power
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Celebrate
- Roost
- Focus Blast

Hanzo One Trick (Bibarel) @ Choice Band
Ability: Simple
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Quick Attack
- Return

Mercy Main (Hitmonchan) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

Almost zero thought was given to the synergy of this team. The team is built around the best move in the game Magic Room and it will basically get you auto wins. Lunatone sets rocks, Magic Room, then booms. Proceed to setup one of your sweepers until magic room ends and just click buttons. Z Celebrate Charizard is added cause its a busted mon. Hitmonchan cause i probably need hazard control but don't worry its still a meme cause AV. Enjoy!

Replay proving the team never loses:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-630946685

Edit: +6 Bibarel with a CB is hilarious

Last edited:

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
You should be able to vote for well-built memes according to the rules, yeah?
Don't feel pressured to vote for anyone for any reason other than having the best team. If you really think a team is the best out there, vote for that team; don't let anything (or anyone, including Twix) pressure you to do otherwise. Bandwagoning just ruins the spirit of this competition and isn't cool :[

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
You should be able to vote for well-built memes according to the rules, yeah?
the only reasoning that team would win would be because of bandwagoning as a not well known user could have posted the same exact team and have not recieved any votes. i'd much rather feature competitive teams than jokes but that's my opinion.

edit: esp since he even claimed it had "Almost zero thought was given to the synergy of this team," and was not well built or even had effort put into it

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to the PU Teambuilding Dictatorship.
Votes:

Results:
Team of the week: Taskr's Sub Calm Mind + Qwilfish Bulky Offense
Meme of the week: LordST's Magic Room Team

Next Pokemon:

Archeops
Like Mesprit, Archeops also graced our tier in the recent tier shifts. Your job for this week is to build a viable team around Archeops using whatever set you choose (that's viable). You have five days to build. Good luck!

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Mawile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Play Rough
- Toxic
- Super Fang

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost

Pyroar @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Work Up

Lilligant (F) @ Occa Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Musharna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Moonlight
- Psychic

So after putting the standard Archeops set to start with, decided to add a defensive backbone with Mawile setting up rocks and wearing down bulkier stuff like Musharna and Gastrodon with Toxic + Super Fang which is cool. Weezing provides me with a Fighting-check and Toxic Spikes which helps out my main sweepers. Changed Archeops from Taunt to Defog just to have some kind of hazard removal since Musharna needs it, a Skuntank check, and Mawile + Weezing are bulky enough to get back up hazards if I need to. LO Pyroar provides the team with some wallbreaking potential, opted to try Work Up for a change of pace as it can force switches and get a free +1 on the switch + Life Orb provides the power of Specs without being locked into a move. Lilligant was added as a Water check, Occa Berry + HP Rock to beat Charizard Pyroar (Archeops can check Magmortar). Lastly, Musharna gives another wincon and another Fighting check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)