PS! Model Mod & Fixing Thread

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
The issue with Rayquaza is in a few more sprites, like Rapidash and Primal Groudon but there's really no good/easy way to fix that.

Layell if there's any way I can help with the uploading, let me know.

normal:
(I finally found why this was broken, it was larger than the shiny version so here's a normal one of the same size as the shiny)
(legs flashing)
shiny:
(cleaned it up a bit, can get a little more love on the legs and boots)
(tried fixing eye here too, didn't turn out as good as the normal)
(chest pixels)
(left shoulder)
(shell had pixels)
(gem shading + static on some of the points)
(blue shadow under a leaf on the left side, plus I tried giving the ear a bit more outline)

backsprite honchkrow's left wing changes color while flapping

some flashing on the right side of shiftry's backsprite, also at the top

Quite Quiet

is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
The Immortal most birds have wings that look similar to what Honchkrow's left wing does. I slowed down the sprite to give a clearer picture of whats actually going on and while it could be made better, isn't something I personally will focus on when there are worse models that still needs fixing.

shiny:
(pixels and compression artifacts)
(head shading)
(randomly appearing pixels for a few frames every now and then)
(those weird grid lines that are in a bunch of models)
(body shadow)

Shiny Zygarde is missing.
No, it's not. It's just illegal to use, because shiny Zygarde wasn't released (and Showdown instead of bothering you with this small detail, just deshines it for you). Try using shiny Zygarde in Hackmons or Custom Games, and Showdown server won't automatically deshiny it for being illegal (as those game modes don't check legality of set).

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
The Immortal most birds have wings that look similar to what Honchkrow's left wing does. I slowed down the sprite to give a clearer picture of whats actually going on and while it could be made better, isn't something I personally will focus on when there are worse models that still needs fixing.
isn't that a case of Honchkrow's wing, which is already a considerable length, arcing in a way so that it casts a shadow on itself?

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
pkparaiso doesn't have a female jellicent model currently, and as all the other models has been from there we don't have one. I'm only assuming, so don't take my word for it though.

(shading and general work)
(static and bad pixels)
(animation gap)
(the line, again)
(pixels on the head)
(minor amounts of flickering pixels on the green part)
(square grid lines)

edit: slow week, only had time to do a little bit of work on two of the harder fixes.
(it was missing a frame)
(top of wings were full of pixels)
(blue halo)
(back shading)
(stuttering animation (fun fact: normal mega metagross and shiny aren't seen from the same angle on the sprites (
)))

Last edited:
Not really sure if this is an appropriate problem to post or if it's fixable in the first place, but I noticed something about Slaking's left hand.

Do you see it? Well, here's a closer look.

Blue, out-of-place pixels. Sorry if it's not the sort of problem you guys are concerned with.

This might be difficult to fix, I wouldn't know, but the Mega Steelix animation isn't looped perfectly (see the stones). It is perfect in the game.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Someone would have to go get a new rip from ORAS, because that would be the only way to fix it.

Progress update: there's roughly 30 sprites left until I've gone over everything once, getting the biggest offenders

edit: never mind

(it's alive again (
))
(back leg shading)
(grid lines)

(same thing as non-shiny version (spikes))
(static)
(shading)
(both these had pure black backs, I tried getting them closer to what references I found)
(belly was flashing again, don't know if you had a fixed version)

Last edited:
What's the thing that comes up near Gallade's foot every once in a while? Also, the non-shiny's head is flickering a lil bit, while the shiny version's head doesn't seem to have shading (or maybe that's the way its supposed to be)

Pei Kong

formerly 小太郎
What's the thing that comes up near Gallade's foot every once in a while? Also, the non-shiny's head is flickering a lil bit, while the shiny version's head doesn't seem to have shading (or maybe that's the way its supposed to be)
No, it's supposed to be.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Gengar has pink-ish pixels dancing all over its forehead. And I very much doubt that that is supposed to happen.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Mostly things people reported, but I at least got through a few more of them.

@ the shading this for Mega Gallade, it happens because the compression save different colours.

(shading)
(grid lines)
(same straight line again)
(stray pixels on back)

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
(I'm double posting because it's sorta important and so I can tag Layell properly)

This marks the point in time where I've gone through pretty much all the models currently in use and fixed the things I found. I should have gotten most of the messed up models, but I know there are a few left that aren't done, including:

Models I can't fix/too broken:
(these three have a fire texture that doesn't loop properly)
  • Rapidash
  • Slugma
  • Groudon-Primal

• Steelix-Mega
  • Rayquaza-Mega
  • Torkoal (it's as good as it gets for now :| )
Models I might get around to:
  • Giratina-Origin (both versions)
  • Drifblim
It's still important to report things though, because I know I can miss things, but at least this is most of them.

normal:
(shadow on leaves was flashing)
shiny:
(generally just cleaned up static in various places)
(grid removed)
(horizontal line)
(underside of tail had blue pixels)
(shading on main body)
(wings cleaned up a bit)
(same as base sprite, plus some random pixels)

(I'm taking a break now, this was way more stressful than I thought it'd be :/ )

Layell updated from here

Last edited by a moderator:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When will these be implemented?

When zarel decides to update the layout for xy icons, he has yet to do so. He has not accepted the layout updates others have put forth and has been planning to do some of his own.

The kalos ones I resized and I refuse to do it again.

Last edited:
dunno if this has been brought up, but Reuniclus's models have a grid going through its green part. dunno how to get the url from ps but here are the ones on pkparaiso:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)