Pokes-R-Us [COMPLETED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, recently, I made a terrible mistake. I forgot that Pokerus was a thing that people sometimes use to speed up EV-training. I forgot because I never use it myself since the symbols are kind of ... ugly. Not to mention unnecessary. So I'm going to give away two shiny Pokemon that accidentally contracted Pokerus because I can no longer stand the sight of them.

First person to give me the correct answer to the question below the Pokemon they want wins (there is only one of each Pokemon, no clones or anything). You can only win one Pokemon, so don't answer both questions.

They are both EV-trained for level 50 play.

#134. Vaporeon (lv. 51)

Nicknamed 'Mordecai'
♂ | Hatched in Pokemon Village
Bold Nature | Water Absorb | 31/xx/31/31/31/31
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpDef
Toxic | Wish | Protect | Scald
OT: Justin | ID: 59723
Bred by me, hatched by /u/JustEaton

How to win Vaporeon:
Vaporeon's name is Mordecai, where did that name come from? Tell me all the following details:
Book title:
His full name:
His spirit name:
One more thing you found out about him:

Hint: His profession is 'spirit traveller'.

#445. Garchomp (lv. 51)

♂ | Hatched in Dragonmark Chamber
Jolly Nature | Rough Skin | 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Rock Slide | Earthquake | Iron Head | Outrage
OT: 케일리 | ID: 58215
Bred by me, hatched by /u/qkrasldn0

How to win Garchomp:
Go and find a nice quote from the man whose name I've taken as my username. A nice one. Feel free to take the context as well so people know what's going on*, make it as long as you please. Also state what book it is from. That's all.

Okay that's it, don't disappoint me, you guys :)

*I'd know what's going on if you gave me two words from him, but just make sure it makes sense to the casual observer.​

The Lives of Christopher Chant
Tacroy
Mordecai Roberts
Spy and cricketer.
Mordecai is sent to work with Christopher by his uncle Ralph who is the villain in the books.

rufusdrumknott

"Vetinari sighed and continued, "Though of course I do not imagine it is in my remit to monitor the private doings of my people."

"My lord," interjected Drumknott. "As a tyrant that is, in fact, exactly what you do."

In Raising Steam

First google search result because I've never heard of Diskworld before lolplsdonthurtme

Cheri Littlebottom strode into the palace kitchens and fired her crossbow into the ceiling.

"Don't nobody move!" she yelled.

The Patrician's domestic staff looked up from their dinner.

"When you say don't nobody move," said Drumknott carefully, fastidiously taking a piece of plaster off his plate, "do you in fact mean - ?"

"All right, Corporal, I'll take over now," said Vimes, patting Cheri on the shoulder.In Men At Arms

a0161613 Well he's not really a cricketer, but close enough!

mhykah It's fine, famous as he is in the UK, Terry Pratchett is little known to the rest of the world. Oh I do love that quote from Raising Steam, it's certainly one of their more intimate moments.

DDoppia Sorry, mhykah got there before you, but thanks for participating ^^ I find that quote to be one of Drumknott's character-defining moments.

I shall VM both winners shortly. Mods can lock this thread, thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)