Pokemon: The New First Gen (Submissions for new Pokemon Over, Except costumes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Since Victor S. Court suggest ability buff, here are some of my suggestions.

Damp: Gives resistance to Grass and Fairy, in addition of old Damp effect.

Allows softening Grass and Fairy attacks, giving Swampert, Politoed, Jellicent, Kingdra, and Poliwrath some defensive niche.

Battle Armor/Shell Armor: Also if attacked by an opponent with Adaptability, Pure Power, Huge Power and the variation of the latter two, it will inverse the effect of the three before damage calculation.

Allows the likes of Mega Slowbro, Lapras, non-Juggler Torterra, Samurott, Escavalier and Turtonator to be safely able to take on Mega Mawile, Mega Medicham, Porygon-Z, Mega Beedrill, Azumarill and the likes without too many troubles.

Vital Spirit: Increase Speed by one stage in any attempt of putting this Pokémon into the Sleep condition.

Gives Vital Spirit a niche on its own, allowing sweepers with an average speed to be a Sleep bait.

Illuminate: Always end up being hit, but is able to ignore all effects of Protect (and its variations) and Endure.

A variation of No Guard, except instead of always hitting, it can penetrate Protect. Useful for Starmie to sweep without getting outstalled, and Shiinotic to use Leech Seed with only worry about Substitute.

Since Victor S. Court suggest ability buff, here are some of my suggestions.

Damp: Gives resistance to Grass and Fairy, in addition of old Damp effect.

Allows softening Grass and Fairy attacks, giving Swampert, Politoed, Jellicent, Kingdra, and Poliwrath some defensive niche.

Battle Armor/Shell Armor: Also if attacked by an opponent with Adaptability, Pure Power, Huge Power and the variation of the latter two, it will inverse the effect of the three before damage calculation.

Allows the likes of Mega Slowbro, Lapras, non-Juggler Torterra, Samurott, Escavalier and Turtonator to be safely able to take on Mega Mawile, Mega Medicham, Porygon-Z, Mega Beedrill, Azumarill and the likes without too many troubles.

Vital Spirit: Increase Speed by one stage in any attempt of putting this Pokémon into the Sleep condition.

Gives Vital Spirit a niche on its own, allowing sweepers with an average speed to be a Sleep bait.

Illuminate: Always end up being hit, but is able to ignore all effects of Protect (and its variations) and Endure.

A variation of No Guard, except instead of always hitting, it can penetrate Protect. Useful for Starmie to sweep without getting outstalled, and Shiinotic to use Leech Seed with only worry about Substitute.
Why would Damp give resistances to Grass and Fairy though? That makes no sense. It should give a grass weakness if anything.

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
Is it just me or the spreadsheet is missing some new abilities description? (Malevolent Jaws, Acid Source, Dazzling light or Flash Bang to give some examples)

Why is that? Don't we have any effect for those abilities or their effect is just being missed in the document?

Also, maybe changing the name from Aluminoying? I feel it quite unnatural, but it's okay if it stays anyways

Ohh and

Why would Damp give resistances to Grass and Fairy though? That makes no sense. It should give a grass weakness if anything.
Yahooboo maybe it's because the damp is related in many cases with swamps, and swamps are related to Poison, which resist Grass and Fairy? Maybe is due to that

Last edited:

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Cannot accept this explanation. Damp simply means slightly wet, not poisonous. You cannot just decide it means swamps, especially considering some Pokemon with Damp are never found in swamps, such as Seadra which lives in the sea.
Ack, never mind Grass resistance then. Change the resistances into increasing Defense and Special Defense by 1.33x (or 1.2x if too much).

Last edited:
Ack, never mind Grass resistance then. Change the resistance into Ground and Bug, since those two types had less resisted opposing types than they should (Earth and soil are not at advantage in ocean and swamp and earthquake will only cause a tsunami, while not many insects are known to live on the ocean).
Bug does NOT need another thing resisting it.

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
What if we do Damp adds a pseudo-water type to the Pokemon? Adding its weakness and resistances BUT no STAB then?

Most of the one have them actually would find this ability useless, but meh, a new Pokemon can use it I guess

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
What if we do Damp adds a pseudo-water type to the Pokemon? Adding its weakness and resistances BUT no STAB then?

Most of the one have them actually would find this ability useless, but meh, a new Pokemon can use it I guess
This is just simply redundant anyway. I modified my "changed my suggestion" post into increasing the defensive stats under the rain, but if still no, I gave up on Damp.

What if Damp Gave a 1 time immunity to fire type moves? And then it gets an immunity to water type moves, which would restore damp?
(On Hit with Fire Move)
******'s Damp
****** Absorbs the Heat!
****** lost its moisture!
(Hit with Water when moisture lost)
******'s Damp
****** absorbs the water to restore its moisture!

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
What if Damp Gave a 1 time immunity to fire type moves? And then it gets an immunity to water type moves, which would restore damp?
(On Hit with Fire Move)
******'s Damp
****** Absorbs the Heat!
******'s Damp
I can see that it can work, like a cycle of two different Levitate-styled immunity.

I'm trying to contribute my own ideas to this, so...

Vital Spirit: Any time this Pokemon KO's an opponent, its speed will raise.

Gives a nice little "Moxie" boost to those some fighting types.

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
(On Hit with Fire Move)
******'s Damp
****** Absorbs the Heat!
******'s Damp
Only a question, will this Fire inmunity restore in a switch? I'm guessing it won't, to take advantage of the double interchangeable inmunities

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Since my Costume Golem had been removed does to "Whole Kanto and Alola Lines" (not applied to Pikachu line since only Raichu had Alola form), I will re-reserve Bug Costume, this time used by Lapras, Bug/Water Lapras.

Water Beetle Lapras
Typing
- Bug / Water
Item - Compound Goggles
Abilities - Compound Eyes | Hydration | Brute Force
HP - 130
Atk - 105
Def - 90
SpA - 75
SpD - 90
Spe - 70
BST - 555

New Moves - Sword Dance, Leech Life, Megahorn, Stone Edge, Earthquake
Design - Lapras wears a black and blue colored beetle armor, with the horn serves as a helmet. Its eyes are covered by blue goggles.
Competitive - Golisopod and Araquanid are interesting Water/Bug-type that unfortunately had setbacks to prevent them from being viable in OU; the former got an Ability it would only benefit of reusing First Impression and nothing else, and the latter, despite a powerful Ability in the form of Water Bubble, had subpar HP and overall base stats, which hinder its uses. Water Beetle Lapras will be both viable in term of both base stats and Abilities.

Water Beetle Lapras's Attack is weaker than Golisopod, but got Dragon Dance to compensate its low Speed, and is already faster than both Golisopod and Araquanid. While the former had better Physical bulk and the latter a better Special bulk, Water Beetle Lapras is balanced between both bulks, while boasting much higher HP.

Now let's drop comparison and focus on Water Beetle Lapras itself; Compound Eyes will allow Lapras to not miss with Megahorn and Stone Edge. Hydration allows it to not worry about Burn, Paralysis or prolonged Sleep during the rain. However, Brute Force may stand out, as it converts all of its Special Moves into Physical Moves, which means it can use Surf as a stronger Waterfall and a more accurate Aqua Tail, or Hydro Pump for its strongest 'Physical" Water move, and while lacking Aqua Jet, Ice Shard can substitute it against Flying-type threats. It can even still use Freeze-Dry in Brute Force variants to get rid of opposing Water-types, such as Suicune, (Mega-)Swampert, Mega Blastoise, (Mega-)Gyarados and Toxapex (even more so for the upcoming Laurel Wreath Costume form).

It is still vulnerable to Electric-type, and Flying-type can be painful without Stone Edge or Brute Forcified Ice Beam/Freeze-Dry. Rock is not all that painful, as Water STAB can get rid of them, unless if it is Rock/Water or Rock/Grass... or a Shell Smashed Juggler Torterra. It is also still slow and be worn down by Burn or Toxic without Hydration and rain.

Last edited:

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
I shall notice that there are Abilities on Harmo Pokémon, Costumed Pokémon and some new Mega Evolution that are yet to be described. And I don't like it, since those who do check the spreadsheet would become confused with missing Abilities.

Edit: The Costume Combat side project is now open! You'll find it on the Pet Mod main page. =)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)