SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon In-Game Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
my team :
c84bd94b18df6bb45ea1485eb7562e41a4bb8e9a_hq.jpg

im on the second island and got : Bagon (route 3, Search for 3 hours) , Gible ( lucky whit wonder trade) , Goomy ( lush jungle , Rain sos method )
im using one type, to make the game more harder ;)

TeamM.png

From left to right: Ojou-sama, Bugmaiden, Zappy, Makoto, Pyroclast, and Lythronax. I was also using Toucannon up until I got to the final trial and could get Jangmo-o.

https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/#incineroar muk-alola wishiwashi lurantis silvally-normal solgaleo
John Cena it was me starter i was gonna get popplio till I saw litten evolving to THIS
Schleim I put an alolan grimer on my team early on and I was too lazy to remove it
Tidepool i don't know with this one I just needed a water type and I couldn't get a Gyarados
Flauer because I needed a grass type and this was the coolest one I could get at the time
Type:Full I needed a fairy type and Silvally was stronger than a Mimikyu I caught so I gave it a fairy memory
Nebby (it was lillie's so its fitting) because he da big legend dude lion

Getting my Sun copy in a few weeks and I can't really decide which of these teams to use: Team One, Team Two

Basically just a bunch of 7th gen mons that I didn't use in my Moon play through.

Was wondering what a good EV spread for Zygarde 50% would be? Planning to get all the pieces to it, and am building a Dragon Dance settup. Not sure whether I will go with substitute/Extreme speed. Should note that this is an Adamant Zygarde.

Hey friends, this is my first time posting here! This was my team for my Moon run, at least up to the E4/champion:
  • L'Belle the Decidueye - One of my favorite starters in a long time! His pretty mediocre speed was really the only thing I wasn't a fan of, otherwise Leaf Blade and Spirit Shackle basically got the job done most of the time (also the signature Z-move was a blessing)
  • Tamatoa the Crabominable - Using this guy was... a journey. I love the Fighting/Ice type combo even if it's objectively pretty awful, so I had to pick up Crabrawler and use him on my team, but I really underestimated how bad his stats would be even with an Eviolite. He basically died in like 2 hits at most once I reached the halfway point of the game. That being said, when I evolved him he became a MONSTER. I was lucky enough to snag one with a Naive nature so his speed wasn't far behind Decidueye's, and Iron Fist made Ice Punch and Brick Break pretty damn decent.
  • Gabrielle the Salazzle - EASILY the MVP. Incredibly fast fragile Fire-types are oddly always my favorites (Darmanitan and Infernape have gotten the job done in previous playthroughs of mine) and Salazzle didn't disappoint. I almost never use Poison-types either but the Toxic + Venoshock combo was killer and gave me a new love for Poison <3 Also Gabrielle kept Dragon Rage until she learned Dragon Pulse, and honestly Dragon Rage was a life saver more than I had expected. Amazing Pokemon, easily my favorite in gen 7.
  • Boom King the Golisopod - Another one of the heavy hitters, I used Wimpod maybe once ever before it evolved but then he blossomed and became wonderful. First Impression + Sucker Punch + a Quick Claw made his really shitty speed a non-issue, and First Impression especially KOed basically everything other than weaknesses. Also god bless the newly buffed Leech Life.
  • Amélie the Mimikyu - Second favorite team member after Salazzle, I've never used single stage Pokemon in any game before but Amélie was godly. Disguise is one of my favorite abilities of all time I'd say? That + Shadow Sneak + Sucker Punch took care of basically everything, and I was also super relieved to finally get some Fairy-type STAB in Play Rough which ended up being ridiculously overpowered.
  • Grampa Mal the Drampa - I had a team of 5 for the entire main story because I had really, really wanted to use Drampa, and he ended up being... pretty awful! Still one of my favorite new Pokemon in terms of design and lore, and I really WANTED him to be good, but the godly SpAtk really didn't mean anything when his speed was as abysmal as it was and his defenses weren't much better. He's sitting in my PC now because I'm trying to evolve a Type: Null, which is saddening but unsurprising.

A little bit late but this is my second playthrough team:

3 Physical Sweepers / 3 Special Sweepers / all of them high base speed (except Decidueye but Jolly nature help). 5 immunities, and pretty much no weaknesses uncovered. Maybe I lack an Electric type pokemon so I could replace Lycanroc for Golem-Alola and give him an Assault Vest to make him really bulky.

Last edited:
Lycanroc Midnight
Decidueye
Drampa
Vikavolt
Sandslash iceguy
Golisopod

I'll admit, this team was too slow to be effective. Especially on set mode with exp share off. But I wanted to only use new Pokemon and these look the coolest (how every great team is made right). Lycanroc was the clear champion as the rock Z power demolishes everything and he could actually outspeed stuff! Decidueye was pretty terrible until it got Leaf Blade, Razor Leaf is garbage. Don't use a Drampa ok.

Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 15.38.54.png

Had a pretty good time with this team. Here are some of my movements + comments on individual pokemon.

The suicide squad: I usually use these pokemon to take down random critters and weak trainers. Between the three of them they can hit most of the pokedex super-effectively. Against tougher opponents I tend to use them kamikaze-style.
  • Zygarde 10%. Moveset: Rock Slide + Thousand Arrows+ Extreme Speed + Break Bricks. Good lead. A bit frail, but very good at taking care of the random weaklings that the grunts throw at you. It out-speed the random Goldbats/Raticates/Gumshoos and one shot them with rock slide and break bricks. Against stronger teams it tends to go down but will deal some solid damage before so. Extreme speed was not very useful, FYI.
  • Salazzle. Moveset: Flamethrower + Taunt + Nasty Plot + Sludge Wave. Fairy/bug/stall-mon killer. Very frail but the typing means that fairy and bug-type moves just cannot hurt it. Thus, switch into a fairy type (say Clefable...), Taunt -> Nasty Plot x3 -> GG. Also, note that Sludge Wave just does a truckload of damage when it hits neutral.
  • Mimikyu. Moveset: Shadown Sneak + Shadow Claw + Play Rough. Disguise is really useful, as it allows to tank a Z-move for free. Can be a little delicate. One should abuse it's typing to help it set-up, but once it's set-up will sweep an entire team.
The volt-turn trio: These three pokemons together are resistant/immune to all possible types. Since they carry volt-turn I can constantly switch between them to exploit the AI. They are the boss killers of the team.
  • Magnezone. Moveset: Flash Cannon + Volt Switch + Thunder Wave + Thunderbolt. Basically carried the game. Leftover + typing give it a lot of endurance. Hit like a truck. Thunder Wave helps weakening tough pokemons and is useful to capture legendaries.
  • Decidueye. Moveset: U-Turn + Leaf Blade + Spirit Shackle + Toxic. Ghost-type -> nice immunities. Not the best front liner. I usually use it to tank+kill bulky water types attack, or to come in and apply toxic.
  • Ash-Greninja. Moveset: Water Shuriken + U-Turn + Ice Beam/Hydro Pump + Night Slash/Dark Pulse. Not a tank, but its typing can help tank specific attacks. The great thing about Ash-Greninja is that you can set it up by having it switch in after Magnezone + Decidueye have already weakened the enemy, take the kill, then either stay in and sweep or u-turn out without losing the Battle Bond buff. Very, very fun to use. Since it is considered a traded pokemon it also level up very quickly which means that it will likely be quite a few levels above any enemies.

Ugly ass team with shit mons but I went with it.

Decidueye was my starter and the second best mon on my team. Grass/Ghost is a cool typing and its bulk is pretty dang good.

I got a Crabrawler early on, not knowing just how late it turns into Crabominable. Luckily, All-Out Pummeling made the pre-evolved form put in some work since 83 attack is decent and you get Brick Break early.

Mudsdale is the undisputed MVP of my team. Any weaknesses my team had, Mudsdale seemingly was able to switch into all of them and handle them with little issue because of its fantastic bulk and huge attack. Not to mention it carried my team through the elite 4 and the final battle.

Turtonator was added because I wanted a Fire attacker as well as a dragon. It was unfortunately weaker than I wanted, but still, was able to Shell Smash up sometimes and sweep.

So since I have 0 friends and I wasn't about to trust some random, Electabuzz was on my team. I wanted something that could switch into Flying types and also be fast, which is the reason I didn't go with Magnezone, so I picked up Electabuzz. It was a semi-late addition and I didn't know where Eviolite was until postgame, so it didn't do much.

Ribombee was my answer to Team Skull, Bug/Fairy/Psychic coverage kills any typical Grunt mon, while also bringing tons of speed for faster threats.

I would play through S&M again with another team, but I don't want to delete my current save and I only have Sun.

In my storyline, English-language Moon, I end up with these:

+ Aquarius, Primarina. Pretty much, the water starter this time gains many type advantages, but I chose this little sea puppy ever since I loved it from the very first it was revealed. Didn't bother to reset for the female one though, but still nice.

+ Raichuu. Everyone has to admit this Raichuu is actually so cute. Although also so difficult to use in-game. Pretty much the mascot, but with Nasty Plot from being Pichu at least it can do something. Also, her special Z-move is nice. I miss the sharp-tailed cool Raichuu, though....

+ Arcanine. I don't like Fire-type in general but well, I also need a guard dog....

+ Milotic. I know I already have Primarina. Doesn't stop me from getting another because she is one most beautiful, and I had one back in Emerald as well. Can't be annoyed anymore to get Flygon too, sadly. And at least I don't add another Water like Vaporeon....

+ Lilligant. Se's beautiful since Unova. Also, Sleep Powder is useful for things like catching.

+ Pangoro. Replacing Grimer which I had to use because I had no other choice until I meet this guy. Kalos is my favourite land, so I have to have at least one guy from it. The only actually manly male Pokemon in my team, and he is quite a cool guy.

I'll have to admit I have problem when the enemy is quick and Raichuu is already down....

Pretty much, I had my team because I like their beauty or coolness, not by usefulness. But eh, it was fun.

Have just completed the main game, going Beast hunting now. I had a personal rule of only Alolans or Alolan Forms, so this is a team entirely made up of newbies here. Listed in order that I obtained them.

Simba the Incineroar

Pretty much as soon as I saw Litten revealed I knew I was going to start with this. Named it Simba because of the scene where it chooses you and it looks kind of like The Lion King. Proved to be incredibly useful, although Malicious Moonsault and Darkest Lariat had issues with lag.

Picker the Toucannon

I caught the scripted Route 1 encounter, and wanted to name it "Pecker", but the game wouldn't let me so I went with this. This thing was a Guzma-killer, leading off in every battle against the big boss and getting several important KOs with Beak Blast.

Rick Grimes the Alolan Muk

My favourite nickname of the bunch, although Muk being female kind of ruins it. The typing absolutely killed Team Skull and all those Drowzee and Golbat they kept using, and Gunk Shot had unbelievable accuracy after I got it.

Clyde the Mudsdale

This thing was an undisputed tank and probably the MVP of this run. Clyde was simply indestructible on the physical side of things and was very powerful offensively with EQ and Heavy Slam. Also gets the honour of being the only thing on my team to OHKO a Totem Pokémon (Salazzle).

Bouncee the Tsareena

The traded Bounsweet that I got in-game is the sole reason that I got past Totem Wishiwashi at all. Nothing I had at that point resisted it, and this battle took me such a long time to defeat. It wound up overlevelled at the end (62 after Kukui, three levels higher than Clyde in second place) but that's mostly because of Refresh Exp. boosts and being traded.

Scales the Kommo-o

Scales was a late pickup because I didn't trust Crabominable (the previous holder of this slot) to do much against the Elite Four. Despite being horrifically underlevelled (48 during the Elite Four) it still pulled its weight by 2HKOing Olivia's Probopass.

• Decidueye was great before it evolved into a Decidueye ironically. Lucked out with a female Rowlet although it was Modest. Was a great Grass-type counter as a Dartrix. Taught it Grass Pledge for a while to make use of Special Attack but its movepool was really very physical. Decidueye is a good False Swiper though being a Ghost type, but in the later game almost everything had a Dark type move so it couldn't make use of its potential to the fullest. Still quite bulky though with nice resistances. Sucker Punch was very useful though for clutch kills.

• Toucannon was great early game (Brick Break was a godsend), but became so-so midgame when it evolved to its final form and became slower. Proved its worth again in Elite Four, especially against Ghosts like Palossand and Dhelmise who couldn't do a thing. (Shout out to Beak Blast for solving Dhelmise's type mystery and inflicting useful burns against a certain Snorlax). Adamant Skill Link made it a very good attacker.

• Araquanid was a personal favourite. Great ability and VERY specially defensive, it was the go-to wall with its useful resistances. Early Scald was useful and the buffed Leech Life is one of the greatest (and most random) changes in this gen. Very slow though and needed a bit of babying as Dewpider.

• Togedemaru was a surprise MVP. Ended up as the highest level- Electric/Steel typing with Lightning Rod patched up some weaknesses in team typing and was always useful. Caught a Jolly one which made it a great lead/pivoter with U-turn. Nuzzle was great in supporting lower speed team members and catching pokemon. Also paired well with Zing Zap. Great counter for Zubats and other Flying types- I found it the most useful 'pikaclone'- and I usually hated those so Togedemaru was a very welcome surprise.

• Lycanroc's Accelrock is a really good asset to have. Unfortunately since I went in blind and was playing mostly at night, Rockruff didn't evolve until mid-30s which skewed his performance. Great speed though has a poor movepool- Rockium Z + Stone Edge deals good damage and Accelrock is used to finish things off.

• Turtonator because I needed more Fire resists. Great defense and Shell Armor is decent (makes it great against things like Night Slash Weavile). Shell Smash is needed to really deal good damage though. Also didn't realise I could get it in Ula'ula until I was in Poni island when I saw a trainer used it, so it was a very late-game addition.
Special mention goes to Butterfree for that good Compoundeyes + Thief + Double powder combo which carried me throughout most of the game. Too bad my team was already very weak to Rock already (those end-game Stealth Rocks still destroyed me even after I got rid of Butterfree)

This is my team in Moon, I'm currently at the end of the game, but I'm level grinding because of how horribly underleveled I am. Since I'm only some level grinding away from fighting the Elite Four, I'd figure I'd just post my team here now.
Sandslash was, much to my surprise, one of my best team members. It put in a lot of work after evolving, even if it was stuck with Icicle Spear as its only Ice STAB until the move relearner at the end of the game. He even ended up sweeping the Big Bad (who I'm not going to spoil)'s team both times.
Primarina definitely put in a lot of work throughout the game as a whole, and even ended up OHKOing Totem Salazzle. It was extremely powerful and consistent as a whole, with great bulk and high Special Attack, even if it was my slowest party member.
Lilligant was mostly just here because I wanted to use her on my team for some reason. She evolved too late for Quiver Dance, and was subsequently stuck with Growth for the most of the game, limiting how much work she could put in. She also had a really good nature (Timid), which is something that does not occur much with in game teams.
Lycanroc was added to the team at Vast Poni Canyon, because I skipped out on Ten Carat Hill for some reason. I only really kept it on my team because I like its design and so I wouldn't be stacking two Bug types like I was before (and like I did in Sun).
Salazzle was only here for Totem Lurantis and I never bothered taking her off the team. She was a complete failure as a team member, only really being good against the aforementioned Totem Lurantis as well as Guzma. She was stuck without a reliable Poison move for the entire game, and had Fire type attacks as her sole attacking moves for the entire game. I regret wasting an hour on SOS battles trying to get her.
Ribombee was another seriously amazing member of the team, with Dazzling Gleam/Psychic/Pollen Puff for dealing with Team Skull. Outside of dealing with Team Skull, it was still incredibly solid, dealing with Totem Kommo-o with relative ease, and putting in a ton of work outside of that.

This is my prospective team for my second playthrough of Pokemon Moon:

I know I'm going to use Primarina, Magnezone, and Arcanine. The three I'm unsure of, in terms of being able to handle the trials and kahunas plus the other major battles, are Mudsdale, Espeon, and Mimikyu.

Any suggestions or tips?

This is my Hall of Fame team from Pokemon Moon, which has managed to beat the Elite Four four times now.

First is Tiger Mask, the Incineroar, my trusted starter. A powerhouse who has never let me down, not to mention having one sweet signature Z-move.

Next is Gatack, the Vikavolt, my special nuke. With his dual STABs, along with Energy Ball and Air Slash for coverage, he can nuke 2/3rds of the Elite Four allost on his own.

Third is Legion, the Wishiwashi, for he is many. School Form is not to be trifled with, especially when he packs moves like Surf, Hydro Pump, and Ice Beam, not to mention he can take a hit pretty well too.

My lovely lady of the team is Bonnie, the Mudsdale. With Stamina, she can take a licking and keep on ticking, while also dishing it out in spades.

The penultimate member is Makeshift, the Mimikyu, my resident spook. He may be adorably spooky, but under that rag beats the heart of an expert dragon slayer. He can also beat almost half of the Elite Four on his own.

And last, but not least, is Munchie, the Snorlax, my event Pokemon. While I mostly use him for catching wild Pokemon and fattening my wallet, he can hold his own when I need him to.

A special shout out goes to Voltron, the Magnezone, for being a big help until I got Makeshift.

This is my prospective team for my second playthrough of Pokemon Moon:

I know I'm going to use Primarina, Magnezone, and Arcanine. The three I'm unsure of, in terms of being able to handle the trials and kahunas plus the other major battles, are Mudsdale, Espeon, and Mimikyu.

Any suggestions or tips?
Mudsdale is a tank when it comes to physical damage and can dish out some pretty nice hits itself, so you should be good. Don't know much about the other two, I'm afraid.

I need some big time help, the only pokemon I know I am using for sure is MUK, MIMIKU, ALOLAN VULPIX. I need another 3 pokemon to accompany me on my journey! Help is appreciated!

My first playthrough was:

Deci the Decidueye - She had a great nature and her good attacks patched up her meh typing in the E4. She held her signature Z-Move, which is my favourite in the game. 7.5/10.

Master Belch the Alolan Muk - Great tank, never felt like useless, and singlehandedly defeated the Totem Lurantis. 8.3/10

Big Boy the Snorlax - Evolved very early, and his Z-move was pretty much a guaranteed Ko. 8/10

Clyde the Mudsdale - Super tanky, vould have carried me trough almost the enture game if i wanted to.

Mothra the Ribombee - She was really fast, but she kind of failed to kill sometimes, sometimes even failing to ohko a Golbat with Psychic (mind that her nature boosts SpA), and, after a Quiver Dance, with the Life Orb, failed to Ko Hala's Hariyama, despite being two levs higher. 7.2222222/10

Bruce the WishiWashi - Pretty much everyone here knows how broken he is, and... He was broken. 3π/10

In my second playthrough I'll use broken stuff because I'm a cheap person. Incenaroar, Silvally, Ash-Greninja, an alolan Vulpix with great IVs and Nature i got in WT, Golisopod and Mimikyu. Half of the pokemon here won't have my ID, but such is life. The benefits will greatly outweigh the collateral damage. I will only use them when I can make them obey though.

My first playthrough (restarted it the day of this post :P)

I plan on using this team for my second play-through:

Primarina: I chose Litten last go-round, so Popplio it is. Really good typing with that massive special attack stat makes it amazing.
Reuniclus: Literally favorite mon
Krookodile: I loved 5th gen. Krookodile is a great physical attacker with EQ STAB.
Lurantis: P great design and looks fun so
Vanilluxe: THe ole' razzle dazzle. P much only other ice type in Alola.
Arcanine: It looks fun :p plus I love it a lot

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)