Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
New Content
Alola Cap Pikachu Great Challenge
Shiny Mega Rayquaza Competition (Bring Shiny Rayquaza Pikachu)

Returning Content
Mew Escalation Battle
Registeel Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Carnivine Try 'Em Items

Future Content
Another Safari (Burmy-Trash Cloak, Caterpie, and Venonat lines)
Butterfree Once-a-Day (Drops EXP. Boosters)
Meloetta-Pirouette Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Hitmonlee Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Ho-Oh Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Raikou Great Challenge (Drops PSB's, RML's?)
Victini Exp. Stage
Daily Pokémon #1 (Drops Coins)

Event Pokémon
Alola Cap Pikachu: Base 60 Electric-type w/ Shot Out. Can take up to five Raise Max Levels, gets Hyper Bolt by Skill Swapper.
Caterpie: Base 30 Bug-type w/ Flash Mob.
Metapod: Base 40 Bug-type w/ Swap++.
Butterfree: Base 60 Bug-type w/ Rock Shot. Can take up to five Raise Max Levels.
Venonat: Base 50 Bug-type w/ Nap Time.
Venomoth: Base 60 Bug-type w/ Sleep Combo.
Burmy-Trash: Base 30 Bug-type w/ Quirky+.
Wormadam-Trash: Base 60 Steel-type w/ Barrier Bash+.

EB Prizes
Lv25: 1× Moves +5
Lv50: 1× Raise Max Level
Lv75: 1× Exp. Booster M
Lv100: 1× Skill Swapper
Lv125: 1× Exp. Booster M
Lv150: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv175: 1× Disruption Delay
Lv200: 2× Raise Max Level
Lv225: 1× Exp. Booster L
Lv250: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv275: 1× Exp. Booster L
Lv300: 2× Raise Max Level
Lv350: 2× Skill Booster M
Lv400: 2× Raise Max Level
Lv450: 2× Mega Speedup
Lv500: 4× Raise Max Level

All done.

Last edited:
Meloetta I definitely intend to do some PSB farming, so I better finish Mew up quickly to get to that. Nosedive is nice to go with Machamp for a burst damage hitter. Might also grind Ho-oh to SL3 on Pyre if the time is there.

Next week looks like it's gonna get really busy, so better get through this... 500 stage EB quickly.

I have seen skips as large as 12. Good too, because I'm going to 350 and I want to do some LDE grinding with Regirock this week before Meloetta shows up next week.

Finally got a 12-level skip, guess it was just my luck.

I got Regirock to SL3, not sure if I should keep going or focus on the EB if I plan on going all the way.

Got back into this game after a very long time, and I have to say it's still a lot of fun. Too bad I had to start all over again.

Question: If I'm ever going to switch DS systems again, and I do a system transfer, will my Pokémon Shuffle save be transfered properly as well?

Currently at 450 for the EB, wondering if 451-499 is easy enough to do to make 4 extra RMLs worth another max (plus jewels) run...

This EB is brutal though, SSed Dusknoir is a godsend, except at boss stages when it magically forgets how to activate LDE.

Currently at 450 for the EB, wondering if 451-499 is easy enough to do to make 4 extra RMLs worth another max (plus jewels) run...

This EB is brutal though, SSed Dusknoir is a godsend, except at boss stages when it magically forgets how to activate LDE.
People have noted the HP totals get absurd in the last 10 non-boss stages. Some have been using items like Attack Power+ for them, and the idea of having to use that for even 2 stages without a skip doesn't seem worth it to me with how steep the last boss stages get and the stuff to run next week like the new Safari, some PSB's of note (Ho-oh, Meloetta, maybe Hitmonlee for Shot Out), I'm stopping at 350 since I lack Dusknoir and want to put my coins towards a SL4 Regirock given how LDE snuck up on me as insanely valuable.

People have noted the HP totals get absurd in the last 10 non-boss stages. Some have been using items like Attack Power+ for them, and the idea of having to use that for even 2 stages without a skip doesn't seem worth it to me with how steep the last boss stages get and the stuff to run next week like the new Safari, some PSB's of note (Ho-oh, Meloetta, maybe Hitmonlee for Shot Out), I'm stopping at 350 since I lack Dusknoir and want to put my coins towards a SL4 Regirock given how LDE snuck up on me as insanely valuable.
Yeah I realised how useful LDE is when I started grinding Ice Dance for Vanillish. Been wondering if steel types are worth RMLing (Jirachi and Aegislash mainly) so I could use the extra RMLs, but probably not for that price. I might go to 480~ to see if I get lucky with a +15 skip at some point lol.

EDIT: Went from 451 to 465 without a single skip. Did GS make it this way to put us through hell? smh

Last edited:
July 18th New Content
Butterfree Once-a-Day
Bug Pokémon Safari [Caterpie, Metapod, Venonat, Venomoth, Burmy (Trash Cloak), and Wormadam (Trash Cloak)]

Returning Content
Meloetta (Pirouette) Ultra Challenge (costs 500 coins, drops PSBs [100%, 50%, 12.5%])
Ho-Oh Great Challenge (costs 400 coins, drops PSBs [25%, 12.5%, 6.25%])
Raikou Special Challenge (costs 400 coins, drops PSBs [25%, 25%] and RMLs [1.56%])
Hitmonlee Great Challenge (drops PSBs [25%, 12.5%, 6.25%])
Daily Pokémon Are Here #1 (Rotoms)
Wobbuffet Try 'Em Items Stage

Future Content
New Mewtwo Challenge

New Pokémon
Caterpie: Bug-type, 30 BP, Flash Mob
Metapod: Bug-type, 40 BP, Swap++
Butterfree: Bug-type, 70 BP, Rock Shot
Venonat: Bug-type, 50 BP, Nap Time
Venomoth: Bug-type, 60 BP, Sleep Combo
Burmy (Trash Cloak): Bug-type, 30 BP, Quirky+
Wormadam (Trash Cloak): Steel-type, 60 BP, Barrier Bash+

Last edited:
So if anyone's farming Meloetta, does anyone have a team idea for it? With that rate, if I can beat it, I'd want to try and max out Nosedive while it's here. Ho-oh doesn't need much from me since I'm using it for Pyre and got that to SL3 already. Right now my plan was a couple Burst damagers like Azumarill, plus Mega Diancie. Is Meloetta itself disrupted?

So if anyone's farming Meloetta, does anyone have a team idea for it? With that rate, if I can beat it, I'd want to try and max out Nosedive while it's here. Ho-oh doesn't need much from me since I'm using it for Pyre and got that to SL3 already. Right now my plan was a couple Burst damagers like Azumarill, plus Mega Diancie. Is Meloetta itself disrupted?
I used Mega Diancie (level 10), Azumarill (max level, SL5), Xerneas (level 10, Po4), Togekiss (max level, SL1) and only beat it thanks to some lucky combos with 2 moves left and Risk Taker giving me high damage on the last move.

It disrupts with Meloetta but I'm not sure it's worth bringing. I might try for a Sky Blast team next but first I gotta pick up some coins after getting to stage 500...

EDIT: I'm starting to wonder if it's worth using some RMLs on Diancie.

Last edited:
I switched over to using Mega Diancie (level 10), Mewtwo (max level, Po4 SL1), Azumarill (max level, Risk Taker SL5), Meloetta (level 13, SL1) but I don't think Meloetta is necessary since it didn't actually give me any combos. Also found out my Ho-Oh is at SL1 so I have some grinding on that to do as well, though idk which skill yet.

I switched over to using Mega Diancie (level 10), Mewtwo (max level, Po4 SL1), Azumarill (max level, Risk Taker SL5), Meloetta (level 13, SL1) but I don't think Meloetta is necessary since it didn't actually give me any combos. Also found out my Ho-Oh is at SL1 so I have some grinding on that to do as well, though idk which skill yet.
Main thing I'd look at would be what mons you already have leveled. I have Emboar for a Fire type, and the other various types Fire burst helps with (Ice, Grass, Bug, Steel) I cover with Machamp or Tornadus-T when Burst is the name of the game, so I don't need Ho-oh's Nosedive urgently except for Full Pyre + Burst teams. The other Pyre options of note are Delphox and Torchic, neither of which has a PSB stage yet and Torchic taking heavy RML investment. Nosedive also takes a lot of Cookies to max out compared to Pyre, both in terms of level to reach and SB's per level, so it's a combination of laziness and reallocating my resources on my part.

Main thing I'd look at would be what mons you already have leveled. I have Emboar for a Fire type, and the other various types Fire burst helps with (Ice, Grass, Bug, Steel) I cover with Machamp or Tornadus-T when Burst is the name of the game, so I don't need Ho-oh's Nosedive urgently except for Full Pyre + Burst teams. The other Pyre options of note are Delphox and Torchic, neither of which has a PSB stage yet and Torchic taking heavy RML investment. Nosedive also takes a lot of Cookies to max out compared to Pyre, both in terms of level to reach and SB's per level, so it's a combination of laziness and reallocating my resources on my part.
I'm leaning towards Pyre as well, because of similar reasons. It's just annoying that they're giving us four coin stages all in the same week to grind PSBs in the midst of a 500-stage EB (though I have Raikou at SL3 and not planning to grind Hitmonlee). Glad that we're guaranteed one PSB from Meloetta, even though I can't beat it 100% of the time.

So, after failing Meloetta's stage 7 times (losing at least 10 PSB in the process), I'm really starting to wonder if it's possible to reliably beat it itemless. My team is M-Diancie (14, 10/10, MB+ SL2), Xerneas (11, Po4 SL3), Tornadus-T (11, SL5), Azumarill (17, RT SL4). Suggestions?

My team was Mega Diancie (12, 10/10, SL1), Mewtwo (17, SL2 PO4), Azumarill (20, SL5 RT), Tornadus-T (12, SL5). Not 100% reliable, but I just kind of swallowed it and went along with it until I finished tonight. Most of your damage will probably be from your combos, so leveling your Fighting Killers today for raw AP can do well for farming this as much as their actual skill levels, and it's imperative to get Diancie Mega Evolved before the big disruption, so try to make matches that break the top Rocks and potentially offer matches.

It's things like this and Escalation Battles that make me regret skipping some LDE users and wishing there were some for other types we're missing. Once my Coin stash is restored I'm gonna go farm Conkeldurr's to complement Escalations/Farms that use Machamp

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm slowly getting used to the stage, and now I have a decentish success rate. However, Risk Taker is really letting me down. It almost never activates, and when it does, I get absurdly low damage rolls (400 damage with a mo5? Really?). SL3 is my target, if I can ever get that far :/

Honestly, the best support for this in the absence of a good LDE user is a well Candied/SB'd Mewtwo, simply because it has the most consistent and high damage (3.6x at SL5 off 130 AP for comboing too). Really hope either Mewtwo returns or we get a good LDE user to cover this typing. Meloetta's actual drop rate means it would actually be very cheap to max out (relative to other PSB grinds) if you can get a team that wins with relative consistency (little over 1.5 PSB's per run thanks to the guaranteed first and 50% rate for the second). If Future Ultra challenges include something I can LDE slam, they look to be lucrative grind options.

Next week's going to have Entei and Suicune, but Suicune is not demanding much boosting while Entei is only worthwhile for the PSB's if you Swap him to Mind Zap. Next week is looking fairly forgiving on the Coin Load, and since I'm not a fan of grinding RML's from Special stages (if Enteir drops them), I should be able to prep my wallet and fit in some runs of Conkeldurr (please give him some RML's soon) once I get Suicune to SL2.

Fire Skill Boosting should be much more consistent in the future thanks to all the Burst damagers (Ash-Ninja) and LDE Regirock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)