Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just a fair warning that I am probably not going to be able to get the upcoming update post at Tuesday 6 AM GMT like I usually am due to being away for most of the day, so if anyone here wants to do the update post this week, it would be much appreciated.

In other news, for Holiday Snover I got 82k (57.5k + 24.5k) in 45 minutes of NHN (yay free jewels) with four red gifts. Currently going through main stages 100% (any% all are doable itemless) and will probably end up broke by the time I am done like always with these things. At least Beedrill has SL5 Swap++ now.

So not gonna do as detailed of an update post, but just a preliminary glance at major heart or coin sinks

- Silvally farming stage (2 hearts, starting board has itself. Need to find a strat for this)

- Keldeo Resolute EB (PSB's, SS is Cross Attack+)

- Kyurem competition statge

- Arcanine (Also drops RML's, featured for Kyurem Comp)

- Hitmonlee (Costs coins, Farmable Shot Out is back)

Another busy week. Also have Granbull to catch, but more concerned with grinding out my last 50 PSB's for Typeless Combo if Silvally can be done Itemless. Main problem is the Barrier/Block combo it disrupts is very anti-combo, but comboing it seems like the way to go with 40k HP to chew through.

I don't know if I'm the only one, but whenever I select regular Diancie my game regularly crashes. Every other 'mon works fine.
Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

I don't know if I'm the only one, but whenever I select regular Diancie my game regularly crashes. Every other 'mon works fine.
Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?
Same issue here. Judging from other players' reports (there's a topic on Reddit about this), the bug seems to afflict Italian and Spanish versions of the game (I'm from Italy).
I wonder when GS will finally solve this annoying problem. After all, they're usually VERY scrupulous when it comes to fixing exploitable bugs (see Brute Force and Cross Attack).

So I've been experimenting with something for itemless Silvally farming. A suggestion of

- Mega Shiny Diancie (SL5), Machamp 20/20, Silvally 20/20

Machamp is mainly used as the strongest AP Fighting type. If you have Meloetta or Lucario or such at higher AP, it's more suitable. Silvally on the opening board opens with combos, and Diancie can eat the rocks that are added as the blank spot and the Blocks added by Silvally's disruptions. With only 3 unique icons, the barriers are usually flexible to eliminate by combos, and the Typeless Combo boost helps Machamp chew through the 40k HP.

It's not 100% consistent, but I'd say it's the best you can do for itemless Silvally farming. I'm using it to get the last level after I cookied it to SL4, and it got close enough that I think it'll work to get the 50 PSB's I need at least. Obviously every bit you can put in for this helps, like leveling Diancie itself or if you have a slightly stronger Support for Machamp's slot. I'm only really attempting this because I'm already this deep on Silvally compared to the other Typeless Combo users (I cookied it fairly soon after its introduction), probably not fun to do if they're all low enough that some cookies would go into your choice.

Guzzlord and Kommo-O are new this week. Yet another variation of Vitality Drain for Guzzlord. Haven't caught Kommo-O yet as I'm farming coins for a while.

Talk about a coin sink this week. I need to wrap up Keldeo and hit up Meowth before next week hits with another EB, and I still don't know what if any stages this week or next week I'm gonna grind.

Heads up, there's a Safari later this week if you still have your sample NHN.

Guzzlord also has himself as a Disruptiion and disrupts with Winking Granbull, so bringing the latter can get free combos and one/both will give lots of Shot Out fodder for Hitmonlee.

Handled Kommo-o like it was one of the Zygarde-50 stage 200 fights from back in the day: high-level Dragonite, White Kyruem (Eject++), and Gengar. 11 moves left, caught in a Poke Ball.

Was on vacation for the past 2+ weeks and didn't play much despite having brought my 3DS along. Turns out I can really do without the game lol.

I just finished the Safari and didn't grind the EB or any other stages. Hopefully it won't hinder me too much for future stages.

3DS folk, v 1.5 is out in the eShop. Includes rewards for captured Pokemon that include five Mega Stones and all sorts of other prizes and the team saving feature from Mobile thank Arceus.

Trying desperately to get Kyurem-W to SL3 before the next update, but it doesn't look like it'll happen. I still haven't had the hearts to start on the latest batch of main stages. I need that chill week soon...

I've been farming Tyrantrum for Block Shot since Latios only looks "0 coin" clearable until 125-150 anyway and I'm not interested in any of the other farms. Also nice to eek out that last level on some Bursters like Buzzwole or get more progress on Dugtrio.

January 16th New Content
Mega Salamence Competition
Electrode Special Stage - costs 300 coins; drops PSBs 25.0% / 25.0% and RML 1.5625%
Mareanie Appears

Returning Content
Xurkitree Appears
Lycanroc Appears - drops PSBs 25.0% / 12.5% / 6.25%
Thundurus (Therian) Appears - costs 2 Hearts; drops PSBs 50.0% / 25.0% / 12.5%
Palossand Appears - costs 300 coins; drops PSBs 25.0% / 12.5% / 6.25%
Pokémon Safari #16: Rattata (Alolan), Raticate (Alolan), Diglett (Alolan), Dugtrio (Alolan), Rockruff; drops EXP Boosters
Daily Pokémon #4: Wynaut, Torkoal, Zangoose, Luvdisc, Seviper; drops coins

Future Content
TBD

Mareanie: Poison-type, 50 BP, Constrict

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
New Content
Tapu's get 6 RML Slots, Typeless Combo through SS
Mewtwo and Suicune get Psyburst and Freeze+ respectively through SS
Kartana UB Challenge (Same Conditions as before)
Golisopod Ultra Challenge
Winking Azumarill Great Challenge

Returning Content
Darkrai EB (100 Stages, No Anger Skips, Drops PSB's)
Tapu Koko Ultra Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Tapu Lele Ultra Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Mimikyu Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Daily Pokémon #3 (Drops Coins)

Future Content
Mega Lucario Competition (Bring Mewtwo)
Mewtwo Max Level Challenge (70 Stages)
Pikachu Themed Safari (Surprised, Dizzy, S-Ray, Magikarp, Gyarados, Charizard)
Comfey Great Challenge
Shaymin Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Shaymin-Sky Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Dialga Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Palkia Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Start of Month Challenge
Daily Pokémon #1 (Drops Coins)

Event Pokémon
Pikachu (Fired Up): Base 50 Electric-type w/ Cross Attack+.
Pikachu (Surprised): Base 50 Electric-type w/ Last-Ditch Effort.
Pikachu (Dizzy): Base 50 Electric-type w/ Barrier Bash++.
Pikachu (Lion Dancer): Base 50 Electric-type w/ Hitting Streak+.
Winking Azumarill: Base 60 Fairy-type w/ Full Power. Takes 10 RML's.
Golisopod: Base 70 Bug-type w/ Blindside. Takes 20 RML's.
Comfey: Base 60 Fairy-type w/ Swap++.
Kartana: Base 70 Grass-type w/ Extinction. Takes 7 RML's. Gets Beast Power via SS.

EB Prizes
I'll get around to this.

More to come.

Last edited:
I knew there was a reason these weeks were so quiet.

Golisopod's probably another "full items for reasonable run" stage, and Kartana's also going to be expensive as UB's are. I barely have 40k coins before doing either, so I can only take Darkrai as far as the free runs will go, and grinding TC is probably out (I have maxed Silvally, so they seem like luxury upgrades for the most part). Mewtwo's new ability isn't that amazing, but anything beats Po4 and I can't complain too much about Level MAX resources for a Level 30 (which I'll most likely distribute among other mons instead).

Really gotta get my Coin Stash back up after this week, Shaymin Sky's coming back and I want to have a shot at that Block Shot leveling.

Golisopod was a definite pain (and I did go full) but I did catch it. Was wondering if I should swap out M2, will do so though all those Typeless Combos are also tempting.

Personally I feel like I'm slowly quitting this game. It just seems unnecessarily time-consuming to keep up with everything for little reward, not to mention the repetition. Feels like they're milking the cow dry with shinies and winking variants, as well as the endless possibilities with costume Pikachu.

Phew...another seemingly endless grinding session has finally been completed: Tapu Koko is officially my second SL5 Typeless Combo user (after Deoxys-A). I'm planning to do the same with Tapu Fini next week, assuming its stage can be done itemless.

I'm too short of coins to farm any, but if one was of note for me, it'd be Fini. Main thing I'd look for is neutral/SE against the types my complete Silvally doesn't hit (Rock, Steel, Ghost), plus SE hits. Koko is neutral against those three, plus 2 SE, one of which is the annoyance of Water (though Flying has Freeze+ and Ice Dance as potential competition). Fini hits those three, Rock SE even, with 2 more SE, one of which has no real status to combo with (Fire).

I just really need to get a good Coin stash going once the Mewtwo Level Max challenge is over. Debating if these are worthwhile investments since I do have Silvally done already and have been scraping for Coins after doing the main stages recently.

Another week, and I'm still just on Empoleon for the new main stages. I get that we don't necessarily have a time restraint on these stages, but it'd be nice if they could strike a better balance with events. I miss the good ol' days of farming Ampharos for EXP.

Been complaining a lot the last few posts lol...

Anyways, Mewtwo Level MAX hopefully will be like the Rayquaza one in terms of difficulty. Need to grind up a coin stash somehow to farm a Typeless Combo user too.

I hope so.....>Rayquazza was one I enjoyed. I finally gave up on Darkrai becvause I just can't get past 75 without spending money and I can't justify spending money for a Mega Speedup even though I've nearly maxed out Sleep Charm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)