Pokemon Merchandise thread

Thanks for giving me the okay Pikachu315111 !

So I love collecting different types of Pokemon merchandise. I have over 20 plushes, been collecting the cards since the base set, have a bunch of TOMY figures from the original launch in 1998 (I believe that was the year), a few Pokemon-exclusive stylus, two custom Pokemon 3ds cases/pouches, Pokemon Center Pins etc. Definitely helps that I live in New York and visit Nintendo World rather frequently. Between that, the official Pokemon Center website and a few other go-to sites, I've been able to acquire just about all the merchandise i've ever wanted and more!

In-game I focus a lot on 100% game completion (full National Dex, all Battle Resort/Maison trophies etc). Anything and everything there is to do in each game, I go for. I also am a very big shiny hunter and according to Pokebank I have acquired 173 shinies (though a bunch were acquired from trades). The thing is, I like going for competitive shinies because to me quality is much better than quantity. If i'm going to take that much time going for a shiny, I'd like to actually use them in competitive battles and places like the Battle tree rather than just have them sit in the PC for show. For this reason I use the Masuda Method over things like fish chaining and the Poke Radar to assure good IVs with the destiny knot and the correct nature with the Everstone. I've actually hatched quite a few shiny flawless Pokemon in about 8,500 eggs (again gotta love these new PokeBank features for recording this data). So the reason I'm telling you guys all of this (there's a point I promise) is because the inspiration for my biggest and proudest collection of Pokemon Merchandise revolves around a flawless shiny I hatched last year, my favorite Pokemon Metagross:

So after hatching this beauty, I knew I had to perfect it by of course first EV training and then immediately collecting all ribbons possible (which was 24 for a Pokemon obtained in Generation VI before Sun and Moon released. After Pokebank I quickly obtained the remaining 4 Ribbons (Alola Champion, Battle Royal Master, Battle & Super Battle Tree Expert) to complete the 28 ribbon collection. This Pokemon means a lot to me and So I wanted to collect as much Shiny Metagross Merchandise as I could get my hands on. Below is a photo of what I have been able to obtain so far:

A bit hard to see it all without zooming in but the collection consists of (starting from bottom left):

-Handmade custom Shiny Metagross 3DS XL case
-Another image of my flawless Shiny Metagross chillin on the 3DS
-2014 Pokemon Center set of 5 Charms - Beldum, Metang, Metagross, Mega Metagross & Mega Stone (Only released in Japan)
-2005 EX Delta Species Ultra Rare Gold Star Metagross #113
-Steven Stone 3DS theme featuring Mega Metagross
-2015 Shiny Mega Metagross Super Size TOMY figure (Only released in Japan)
-2014 Unopened Mega Metagross EX Premium Collection
-2014 Shiny Mega Metagross Plushes (One from US PokeCenter & one from Japan PokeCenter)

Thank you guys for taking the time to check out my collection! It certainly wasn't cheap and at times I still question what I'm doing with my life that I've spent so much on Pokemon Merchandise but oh well, it makes me happy. I do hope you all enjoyed the read and also please let me know if there's anything else I should look into adding! Thanks :)

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Thanks for giving me the okay Pikachu315111 !

So I love collecting different types of Pokemon merchandise. I have over 20 plushes, been collecting the cards since the base set, have a bunch of TOMY figures from the original launch in 1998 (I believe that was the year), a few Pokemon-exclusive stylus, two custom Pokemon 3ds cases/pouches, Pokemon Center Pins etc. Definitely helps that I live in New York and visit Nintendo World rather frequently. Between that, the official Pokemon Center website and a few other go-to sites, I've been able to acquire just about all the merchandise i've ever wanted and more!

In-game I focus a lot on 100% game completion (full National Dex, all Battle Resort/Maison trophies etc). Anything and everything there is to do in each game, I go for. I also am a very big shiny hunter and according to Pokebank I have acquired 183 shinies (though a bunch were acquired from trades). The thing is, I like going for competitive shinies because to me quality is much better than quantity. If i'm going to take that much time going for a shiny, I'd like to actually use them in competitive battles and places like the Battle tree rather than just have them sit in the PC for show. For this reason I use the Masuda Method over things like fish chaining and the Poke Radar to assure good IVs with the destiny knot and the correct nature with the Everstone. I've actually hatched quite a few shiny flawless Pokemon in about 8,500 eggs (again gotta love these new PokeBank features for recording this data). So the reason I'm telling you guys all of this (there's a point I promise) is because the inspiration for my biggest and proudest collection of Pokemon Merchandise revolves around a flawless shiny I hatched last year, my favorite Pokemon Metagross:

So after hatching this beauty, I knew I had to perfect it by of course first EV training and then immediately collecting all ribbons possible (which was 24 for a Pokemon obtained in Generation VI before Sun and Moon released. After Pokebank I quickly obtained the remaining 4 Ribbons (Alola Champion, Battle Royal Master, Battle & Super Battle Tree Expert) to complete the 28 ribbon collection. This Pokemon means a lot to me and So I wanted to collect as much Shiny Metagross Merchandise as I could get my hands on. Below is a photo of what I have been able to obtain so far:

A bit hard to see it all without zooming in but the collection consists of (starting from bottom left):

-Handmade custom Shiny Metagross 3DS XL case
-Another image of my flawless Shiny Metagross chillin on the 3DS
-2014 Pokemon Center set of 5 Charms - Beldum, Metang, Metagross, Mega Metagross & Mega Stone (Only released in Japan)
-2005 EX Delta Species Ultra Rare Gold Star Metagross #113
-Steven Stone 3DS theme featuring Mega Metagross
-2015 Shiny Mega Metagross Super Size TOMY figure (Only released in Japan)
-2014 Unopened Mega Metagross EX Premium Collection
-2014 Shiny Mega Metagross Plushes (One from US PokeCenter & one from Japan PokeCenter)

Thank you guys for taking the time to check out my collection! It certainly wasn't cheap and at times I still question what I'm doing with my life that I've spent so much on Pokemon Merchandise but oh well, it makes me happy. I do hope you all enjoyed the read and also please let me know if there's anything else I should look into adding! Thanks :)
Cool, I didn't know that Metagross plush can be so cute. xD.

if we're posting collections I might as well post mine
Love the collection! I actually just started a new (approved) thread on Orange Islands just for posting your Pokemon collections! Definitely check it out! http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-collection-thread.3595738/

Pikachu315111 I also made sure to post a link at the bottom of the OP directing members to this thread too because I feel like they go hand and hand and anyone starting or building up their collection is definitely gonna want to check out this thread, hope thats cool with you!

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Surprisingly not a lot of Valentines Day items (probably because Japan doesn't really celebrate Valentines so no special Pikachu plushies). However there are some... okay two, though this one got a smile out of me:

Never change, Slowpoke. :)

Cresselia~~

Surprisingly not a lot of Valentines Day items (probably because Japan doesn't really celebrate Valentines so no special Pikachu plushies). However there are some... okay two, though this one got a smile out of me:

Never change, Slowpoke. :)
Japanese people do celebrate Valentine's day, and in fact, it's pretty big over there.
But they do it differently.
Instead of boys giving roses to girls, it's girls giving chocolate to boys they love.

I'm surprised that these English puns actually become merchandise.
I thought they were just wallpapers.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
There's also English versions:

Favorites:
Rowlett "I got this"
Psyduck *Gawk*
Meowth "Just kitten'"
Magikarp "Done"
Koffing *Head explodes*
Bewear "Bear hug"
Alolan Exeggutor "Speak up... Waaay up!"
Pinsir "Cut it out!"

Missed opportunity:
"Vegged out" should have been a Grass-type, maybe a Gloom or Shiinotic (huh, there's not that many vegetable Pokemon).
"Zoned out" should have been Magenzone.

If you bought either of these portable chargers, apparently they may overheat and smoke may emerge due to some issue in the manufacturing process. You can get a refund at any Pokemon Center, Pokemon Store, Pokemon Center Online, or Amazon.co.jp (I'm not sure if this also applies to those outside of Japan, but just in case some of you are in Japan and bought them like me oops)

Cresselia~~

This is going to be a puzzle set.

It somehow feels so nostalgic to me.
I remember collecting puzzles of 151 Pokemon where every 151 Pokemon were arranged similar to this picture.

You'll soon be able to order a phone case for certain smart phones with a design of any Pokemon up to Celebi, number 251 in the National Dex.
iPhone
  • iPhone 5, 5s, SE
  • iPhone 5c
  • iPhone 6, 6S
  • iPhone 6 Plus, 6S Plus
  • iPhone 7
  • iPhone 7 Plus

Android
  • AQUOS ZETA SH-01G
  • AQUOS ZETA SH-04H, AQUOS SERIE SHV34, AQUOS Xx3 506SH
  • Galaxy S7 Edge SC-02H, Galaxy S7 Edge SCV33
  • Xperia Z3 401SO, Xperia Z3 SO-01G
  • Xperia Z4 402SO, Xperia Z4 SO-03G, Xperia Z4 SOV31
  • Xperia Z5 501SO, Xperia Z5 SO-01H, Xperia Z5 SOV32
  • Xperia Z5 Compact SO-02H
  • Xperia Z5 Premium SO-03H
  • Xperia X Performance SO-04H, Xperia X Performance SOV33, Xperia X Performance 502SO
  • Xperia XZ SO-01J, Xperia XZ SOV34, Xperia XZ 601SO
  • Xperia X Compact SO-02J

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)