Pokémon GO

Chi... it is now 4-2 against that Fire birb. I don't know if having one at 91% with only 4 points loss in Def is good enough or not, and just relax or not....

I managed to catch 2 Unowns (the same O !) and one Kanghaskhan in Europe ! Yay ! Moltres and Lugia still flee ... I don't think I will be able to catch Legendaries and I have no more Golden Berries :(

FlamingVictini

FV - msg on discord FlamingVictini#3784
is a Top Tiering Contributorwon the 16th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Man I just had a 2053 cp lugia run from me (0/3 now) and it was largely because the balls kept falling to the ground as I was circling them around for the curve. I will never cut my fingernails this short again -_-

Oh boy, what a thrill. Thanks for those who wished me luck. It was the last possible Moltres in the last day in the last possible Premier Ball (the last but one, since the last one bugs). I shouted and celebrated a lot.

Having limited-time legendaries in the real world makes things feel way more intense for me. I care much more for my PokéDex and catching Pokémon than in the main series games. Also, the fact I can be happy with a 78% Moltres, instead of complaining it's not perfect is also a relief.

Is worth evolve this Larvitar? 88.9% IV, with 15 IV in Attack, and the other combination is 14 Def/11 HP and 13Def/12HP. I'm not sure doing it, but I have only 1 Rhydon as my Rock-Type attacker.

I would, what level is it? Is it level 20? Cuz the only other way for tyranitar is raid battles and with legendaries people aren't doing level 4 raids anymore.

I would evolve it based on max attack, and decent everything else. It's better to have an imperfect (but still good) Tyranitar than a perfect "most things' name". Like for me I kept my 64% Blissey (posted last page) because even a perfect Snorlax doesn't come close. Also, I'm debating if it is worth powering up the legendaries, and which ones, as they can't be gym defenders, so Lugia is kinda meh offfesnively, and Articuno needs to be super effective to deal real damage.
Damage-wise, I think Moltres and Zapdos are the only way truly worth of powering up. Lugia is nice to tank hits in Legendary raids, though.

Is worth evolve this Larvitar? 88.9% IV, with 15 IV in Attack, and the other combination is 14 Def/11 HP and 13Def/12HP. I'm not sure doing it, but I have only 1 Rhydon as my Rock-Type attacker.
with defender ratings gone to shit, yes. Attackers are the only thing worthwhile keeping as of now. 15 attack is quite literally all you need on anything, and tyranitar makes the best out of that. So long as you roll stone edge, you'll be set for every bird(namely ho-oh) when it comes out.

Thanks you, I evolve it and a get one with Bite/Fire Blast, so I can change the charge move with a TM so, isn't that bad, 2073 CP :)

This morning to noon, my score is 3-0 against that Elec birb. Pretty good so far.

However, this birb is easily the worst with evasion pattern that Zubat uses. Lost few balls due to it. It can zigzag in 3 to 5 times, so it is only good time to aim when it has zigzagged the 5th time before returning to original position. Easily makes suspenseful impatience. It is also apparently much closer than Moltres, so throwing power needs to be adjusted again.

I just spent my 7th Charge TM on Tyranitar... Crunch became Fire Blast.
I seriously think Niantic is pathetic. I don't understand why they overcomplicate the game, it's not like TMs are guaranteed, you have to win a raid, typically at level 4 or more, and you might end up with no TMs.

Why can't they be intuitive, make TMs at least eliminate previously TMed attacks if the player obviously keeps trying to remove the same move multiple times.
Also, why can't they just display the Attacks of the Pokémon when selecting your team for a Raid or Gym, I'm sure it's hard to remember all of their moves, and trying to nickname and remember the moves and IVs... they should just display all of the IVs and make the game sensible. I'm sure so many people accidently selected the wrong Pokémon for a raid because another pokemon with the same name and perhaps IV has a different moveset.

Why can't they just make things more productive? And a 3% catch rate? I know they want people to buy raid passes, but this is seriously pathetic. Depending on the raid, you might only end up with 7 premier balls, including at least 1 miss or thrown during a movement or Attack, it's more like 6 balls.

When I am finished with the raid passes I have, I won't be buying more, even for mewtwo. You can't put them in the game, and it's hard to know the relevance when we don't even know when gen 3 is released. AKA Rayquaza is better than Mewtwo.
Let's not forget the glitch that ensures that the last ball never works n_n

breh

強いだね
Hitting about 5 curve balls (no bonus, even) with golden razz + both medals gives you about a 50% chance of catching it. If you get more balls than that because you're mystic or properly coordinated your raid groups, the chances are obviously higher. The chance is actually fairly not bad in your favor... I appreciate the extra premier ball but fuck if I don't think it's really stupid that they would rather patch over a bug like that instead of fixing what should otherwise be a simple issue...

TMs (like everything else in this game) are a lottery because instilling a gambling addiction is how you make money. Worth noting that TMs are also gated behind raids (which most people pay an irrationally large amount of money for).

Also OM! idk how much this'll help (I tend to remember the movesets since my pokemon vary enough statswise / levelwise) but putting a pokemon's IVs in hexadecimal saves a lot of space in the name, to the point that anything that isn't Feraligatr or Victreebel (or other 10 character names) can fit the whole species name + 3 IVs in.

Got the first Zapdos I faced with the first Premier Ball that was "powered up" by a Nanab Berry. It's to compensate for Moltres, for sure. Now, I only need Lugia to be happy, but I think I'll do every Zapdos Raid I can with my town group, so I can get candies to power my one up. It's 91-93%, with perfect attacks.

EDIT: I love TMs. Even though they are quite random, they are really nice.

This was a pitiful Bite/Twister, now it's a respectable Dragon Tail/Outrage.

Last edited:
What do you use for the IVs and level, etc. information? I am so sick of having to take screenshots for IV calculator
Calcy IV. It floats on screen and automatically takes all info they need and give a percentage range. After that, you click on the appraisal button and again on Calcy button, and it'll update according to what your team leader says.

It also gives you how much stardust and how many candies you'll need to take that Pokémon to the highest level possible according to your level and how good your moveset is according to DPS and according to defense ranks.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
^ CalcyIV is good, but for Raid Bosses in particular, there are helpful charts such as these (legends) that allow you to know the IV just from glancing at the CP, very useful if you don't want to bother screenshotting each one. I believe there is also one for Tier 3-4 raid bosses.

^ CalcyIV is good, but for Raid Bosses in particular, there are helpful charts such as these (legends) that allow you to know the IV just from glancing at the CP, very useful if you don't want to bother screenshotting each one. I believe there is also one for Tier 3-4 raid bosses.
I actually never used for Raid Bosses, just for my Pokémon. I generally catch them first, and then check the IVs. It's not like I'd give up on catching because of bad IVs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)