Pokémon GO

I hope the update goes live for iOS soon, I had a Kyogrew attempt last night where 5/8 balls didn't even get to roll for a catch because they missed or were whiffed by his animations.

Why did I get kicked out of the raid 5 times in a row, before being able to come back, only to see its HP not decrease and get kicked once I tried to come in after it was dead?
Couldnt Pokemon Company use somebody more competent than Niantic?

Why did I get kicked out of the raid 5 times in a row, before being able to come back, only to see its HP not decrease and get kicked once I tried to come in after it was dead?
Couldnt Pokemon Company use somebody more competent than Niantic?
I had this several times. Awful bug, the worst one out there. People are fighting the raid boss, but the HP isn't decreasing. Literally makes the game unworthy of being played.

I came to read some articles (English fascinates me). History of few types in Pokemon GO, as written in Gamepress.

How sad. Grasses are eternally 2nd place. I realised since Vaporeon is outed from raids I almost never used my Exegutor team. The existence of other non-Grass with Solar Beam (particularly legendaries) just worsen things to the actual Grasses. Kyogre? I tried using them against it and they're often one-shotted in a charge move.

Looking at the future, Grasses still don't have much either. The best we could have is a Tangrowth soon, and that's just a little bit better than eggies because of the moveset. Further, we have Virizion, which is probably most solid, but only 2nd rate legendary at best (compare to cover legendaries, or something like Heatran with that typing). Kartana is just more extreme Grass Gengar. Maybe Alolan eggy can be good on basis of double resistance to Water, but....

We need Grass cover legendary. We already have Reshiram (Fire), Kyogre, and Palkia (Water) ready to break everything...
... actually, now I'm afraid with such easiness to get cover legends, the power creep manifests strongly. Also, 2 of my Kyogre were caught in rain. They already come near my trusty Lv30 Raikou without any investment.

Maybe I wish raid Vaporeon will come back so I have reason to use Exegutor again, or Rock Throw Omastar.

They're probably still better than what Bugs go through though. Even Genesect probably can never raise the Bug type to metagame relevancy, being effective to only two types, which other types could outperform anyway....

Last edited:
I had this several times. Awful bug, the worst one out there. People are fighting the raid boss, but the HP isn't decreasing. Literally makes the game unworthy of being played.
Found the solution, you have to log out and then in again
If Nianshit wont fix them, maybe they can at least put some "bug and glitch guide" into the game, so that you know what to do

Found the solution, you have to log out and then in again
If Nianshit wont fix them, maybe they can at least put some "bug and glitch guide" into the game, so that you know what to do
Yeah, but you know what happens when you log out and log in again?

1) It resets your game settings
2) It removes your pre-made teams (just figured out)
3) It resets your sort preferences

**** them.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I entered a raid with 39 second set left, and then the 6 people in it became 5, and then when the raid started everyone left. Then when I tried to exit the raid, to see how many were in the raid room it said 5 people, then crashed, and when I tried to rejoin the raid the raid was gone so I couldn’t click on Kyogre. It was my last premium raid pass, and I am so upset that Niantic makes it impossible to rejoin a raid you didn’t finish if there is no time over the gym left. I understand raids with time left let you auto join and finish the battle, or return to the catch screen.

It’s so frustrating. I hate it when idiots put together a game and it become so popular enough for everyone to want to play but every so often the game reminds you it was built by people who didn’t do a very good job constructing the game...

I am back to spoofing 100%s now. I can’t take it, if the game is built unfairly I have no regrets with playing unfairly.

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Yeah, but you know what happens when you log out and log in again?

1) It resets your game settings
2) It removes your pre-made teams (just figured out)
3) It resets your sort preferences

**** them.
2) isn't true because teams are saved locally. I've logged out many times in the past few weeks and I still have my pre-made teams.

ask Ninatic for the raid pass back. given they just gave someone 8 raid passes because they failed to catch 12 kyogres.. what the actual?

I have asked Ninatic for items because of these things:

1. completed raid timed out - got nothing
2. golden razz wasted because of the stupid berry on screen bug when trying to block a SPOOFER from taking a gym - I wait and see, because I only have 1 left now...
love how it is always spoofers when I get screwed over, removing them from gyms had all sorts of UI bugs, even had my charge move damage removed, despite it being charged and used with the correct number of hits, which resulted in my pokemon being fainted, I am low on revives and potions because of removing some spoofers from gyms because of dodge bug and these other stupid bugs.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Yeah I'm not wasting any more passes until that update goes live. I've had enough of this **** already :)
just be glad you don’t have an iPhone X, and if you upgrade your phone settle for the 8.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/insert...it-harder-to-catch-legendaries-in-pokemon-go/

ask Ninatic for the raid pass back. given they just gave someone 8 raid passes because they failed to catch 12 kyogres.. what the actual?

I have asked Ninatic for items because of these things:

1. completed raid timed out - got nothing
2. golden razz wasted because of the stupid berry on screen bug when trying to block a SPOOFER from taking a gym - I wait and see, because I only have 1 left now...
love how it is always spoofers when I get screwed over, removing them from gyms had all sorts of UI bugs, even had my charge move damage removed, despite it being charged and used with the correct number of hits, which resulted in my pokemon being fainted, I am low on revives and potions because of removing some spoofers from gyms because of dodge bug and these other stupid bugs.
If I ask for it’s back, it may backfire because I spoof. I am sorry to hear that. Even spoofers have a hard time facing spoofers holding a gym. Endless golden razz berries and revives for them, and bear in mind it’s me vs 5-6 of them so my supplies are not as high as theirs. I put in 1 Pokémon, while they put in 6.

The only time to go after gyms is at night when spoofers have finished claiming gyms for the day and want to cash out- 6-10 pm.
Plus by then the raids are winding down and they are not fighting for control over a gym for extra Premier Balls.
After 10 pm, they fight for control to cash out for the morning / AKA next day coins.

Last edited:
2) isn't true because teams are saved locally. I've logged out many times in the past few weeks and I still have my pre-made teams.
Not for me. I've seen my teams disappear and I wondered why. Just tested it, and logging out removes my teams. Yes, it actually does that.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Your phone probably clears the app data; it is not meant to delete the teams otherwise.

just be glad you don’t have an iPhone X, and if you upgrade your phone settle for the 8.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/insert...it-harder-to-catch-legendaries-in-pokemon-go/

If I ask for it’s back, it may backfire because I spoof. I am sorry to hear that. Even spoofers have a hard time facing spoofers holding a gym. Endless golden razz berries and revives for them, and bear in mind it’s me vs 5-6 of them so my supplies are not as high as theirs. I put in 1 Pokémon, while they put in 6.

The only time to go after gyms is at night when spoofers have finished claiming gyms for the day and want to cash out- 6-10 pm.
Plus by then the raids are winding down and they are not fighting for control over a gym for extra Premier Balls.
After 10 pm, they fight for control to cash out for the morning / AKA next day coins.
I did, one spoofer got greedy, and vanished again, the other one goes around taking gyms at 11pm.. does my head in, 3 days this week I have spent under 1h 30 in these gyms I have walked to. but the glitches are annoying me, I have had the team select screen still sitting on gym battles (wtf) fallen through the flipping floor, I don't get it.

Logging out is just annoying because of the setting reset.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
The Community Event has started in Pacific/Asian timezones as of 18 minutes ago.

Just like with Present, you can TM old Pikachu the move Surf.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
The Community Event has started in Pacific/Asian timezones as of 18 minutes ago.

Just like with Present, you can TM old Pikachu the move Surf.
I wonder if Surf will have value, maybe Alolan Raichu, with its unique Typing will be good? I am trying to see the point of catching it besides exclusivity.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
Discord Leader
You can't evolve it - the Raichu (and later Alolan Raichu) wouldn't have Surf unless Niantic gifts it to them.

Anyways... doesn't rly do much for it other than the collectionist aspect; if you throw it in a gym it might surprise a Rhydon or something if it survives long enough, lol

Oh... I now remembered... I forgot to TM some Pikachu... although it doesn't matter though. Now if only I could have my Raiclaus learn Surf too....

Anyway, I did 4 Lucky egg sessions, and jumped as high as around 500k EXP. This is good, I just have to organise my box again later, but at least some space freed. Also, 3 Shiny Pikachu, although all with poor IV. I suppose nothing else special then....

Those scroll bug fix really helps.

great, random yellow takes an HOUR to take 3 gyms, not suspicious at all, given these gyms are at about 5 minutes apart... and that's the mark of the already known spoofer. and I need them for items because of the pikachu catchrate being complete rubbish, I actually spin gyms and pokestops and still end up with less then I start with because of weather boosting catchrates.

Hour for 3 gyms? How is that suspicious
because it takes some doing to do 3 gyms in 1 hour that take about 1 minute to walk between each, and the spoofers are the ones seemingly doing it, and only at those gyms, because they know they get busted if they take all at once.
anyway got them back for my pikachu farming, every spawnpoint active... gyms decided to lag like crazy again.. something is up with that, and some odd glitches with raid eggs.. popping up 30 minutes before they were due to hatch, a yellow egg turned into a charmeleon, event ended as I was catching a Rattata and it ran.. as a Pidgey.

So, what was the point of this community event besides Double XP for a few hours? The event Pikachu is literally worth nothing, as other regular Pikachu can apparently learn Surf via TM now...

can only learn surf with TM during the event, the point of the event? increased rate of shiny pikas, every single spawnpoint was active as well. got a Mass evo done :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)